Chapter 51

My Invisible Husband

 

NO ONE’S POV

 

    Chanyeol woke up and saw that the place was all white. After a few months, he’s back. In heaven.

 

     “I told you you’d hurt her.” St. Peter’s voice filled the somewhat intact white room. “I know what you feel. So I let you stay here for a while.” He tapped his shoulder and half-smiled, reassuring he’s safe.

 

     “What should I do?” the Chanyeol who’s brave is now confused.

 

     “What SHOULD you do?” St. Peter noted the word SHOULD. “But I doubt if you will do what SHOULD be done.”

 

     Chanyeol remained commentless, his mind starts to think of impossible solutions. They would be possible though if St. Peter will help him, but Chanyeol’s sure he won’t.

 

     “Now that you’re almost there, you’d give up already?”

 

     Well he won’t give up. But finding a way to wake Sunju up? It meant the same thing.

 

    “The impact to Sunju was unexpected right? The energy she gave you through the ring was really strong.”

 

     Chanyeol felt guilty again.

 

     “And therefore I may call this a one-sided love.”

 

     “One-sided love?”

 

     “I knew it.” St. Peter snapped. He rubbed his temples and sighed. “You didn’t know she loves you, don’t you?”

 

     As if someone slapped him, Chanyeol felt the shock. Yes, he didn’t know. He did not know. He has no idea. Why was he so insensible towards Sunju? Doesn’t he recognize her actions as showing affection? Was he really too focused with his feelings for Na Rae? He was absurd. Yes he is. He knew Saint Peter wasn’t lying. Lying isn’t allowed in heaven, too. So what he just found out made his heart sink.

 

     Saint Peter chuckled lightly, brighting up the atmosphere, “Ah! I knew you didn’t know just by observing at your face.”

 

     “I guess you were making decisions without thinking.. The other and more important side.” He paused, waiting for Chanyeol to talk. But he didn’t, so he continued, “Your decisions were already made. I want to help you out.. But I can’t. This is already your second chance to live, remember”

 

     “So this means.. I’ll go to hell if ever Sunju won’t wake up. I killed a person. I’m the worst man you’ve known.”

 

     “But if you do what SHOULD be done, then you’ll be staying here forever.” St. Peter smiled, that angelic smile that will make you feel safe.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

     *Flashback*

 

     “If you’re willing to sacrifice your love for Na Rae, you will be taking the life of Sunju back. She’ll wake up. Of course everybody on earth who knows you will eventually forget you.” St. Peter said and looked at me with sad eyes.

 

     *End of flashback*

 

     Probably this is going to be the worst decision I’ll ever make. It’s like the decision that will change me forever. No decision was good, will create change to me, to everything.

 

     If I’ll choose to stay, time’s still uncertain. Of course I know Na Rae just made up that whole thing so her ex would leave her. I know she doesn’t love me totally, and I’m not sure if she’ll ever love me as much as I love her.

 

     If I’ll choose to leave, everything on earth will be fine without me. I still couldn’t imagine how will things happen once I’m gone... would thoughts of me bother Sunju? Will she remember a man or a ghost intimidating her all the time before? Will she ever remember those? Even if she won’t remember my face or my name, will she remember my personality?

 

     I sat on the chair beside where Sunju was lying. It’s been two days already. Daehyun said two of Sunju’s friends will be arriving today. Of course I have to be in a hurry. I’m sure one of those friends he talked about was Na Rae.

 

     As if I have something to say in front of Sunju. She’s unconscious, half-dead/ my past experiences as a medical worker won’t help her or me. All I’m feeling now is just guilt. Guilt all over my body, making me feel so much ashamed. She loves me. Sunju loves me. The more I think of it, the more my heart and head ache.

 

     I’m sorry, Sunju.