Chapter 49

My Invisible Husband

NO ONE’S POV

 

     “Hello?! I need some help here!” Daehyun kept on tapping Sunju’s cheek. A few minutes ago, Sunju collapsed in an instant. Daehyun was left in panic and he didn’t know what to do first; washing his hands that were full of flour or dial 911 and call for help. But he ended up calling the ambulance first.

 

     Sunju remained unconscious while the ambulance arrived, and Daehyun got inside the vehicle, still with his apron on, not leaving Sunju’s side. He was scared at what he witnessed, and thought it’s his fault.

 

     “Her heartbeat’s stable, but her senses  fail to respond normally. She may be physically unconscious but her mind’s quite active, but her senses wouldn’t work later or the next day.” The doctor said.

 

     “What do you mean by that?! Coma?! She’s in coma?!” Daehyun outraged from his panic. He was there for nearly two hours already and he can’t stop himself from panicking. He forgot to bring his phone and it made him more pissed.

 

     “Her body needs some rest.” The doctor declared before she left him. Sunju was moved to another room after checking her up, and Daehyun went to that certain room to check how Sunju’s doing already.

 

     Everything just happened in an instant. Two hours ago, Sunju was there, standing and annoying him. Now, she’s deadly unconscious. Daehyun didn’t know any reason for this. Sunju eating less wasn’t the good reason for this. A person doesn’t collapse and have coma because of food deprivation for a week.

 

     “Sunju…” he kept calling her, but to no avail.

 

----

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

     Holding hands, Na Rae and I walked down the street after staying in that bar. Somehow, I got used with the noise inside the place earlier. Honestly, I didn’t care about the noise at all.

   

     Na Rae got to tell me a lot of stories about her life, some were a bit envious, and some are just plain. My heart wasn’t beating exactly the same way as what I have imagined when this time comes, but still I’m happy because finally.. finally I got her. Thanks to her ex, and thanks to Na Rae for giving me this chance.

 

     We reached the bus stop and as soon as the bus arrived, Na Rae released her hand from my clasp and pecked my cheek. “So long. Thank you.” She smiled before entering the bus. She waved at me for the last time and I smiled back at her, and watched as the bus slowly went farther from my sight.

 

     Now I’m left alone with this uncontrollable smile. Everytime I remembered how she kissed me for the first time, how we held hands, it’s like I’m almost there to reaching my greatest desires. I love Na Rae.

 

     I got back to the apartment and I’m back with my serious face again, but this uncontrollable curve in my lips almost looked like a smirk, I think. I’ll be facing Sunju again.

 

     I was expecting to hear Daehyun’s voice as I was heading to the unit but my senses failed me. When I was not in front of the doorstep, I found no one inside.

 

     Abruptly I heard a phone ringing, and I searched for it, hoping it would help me find Daehyun. And wait, Sunju’s still at work? It’s almost 9pm. I should’ve just passed the other street so I could have gone back here with her.

 

     I found Daehyun’s phone ringing and I was hesitating at first to get it. It was a call from an unsaved number and maybe someone’s playing pranks on him.

 

     Finally, I pressed the answer button and kept quiet. I was on the verge of ending the call when I heard someone talking.

 

     “Is this Chanyeol? Chanyeol-ah!” I recognized this annoying voice. It’s Daehyun’s. but.. why…

 

     “Daehyun-sshi? Where are you?”

 

     “I’m here at the nearby hospital. Sunju collapsed hours ago and I didn’t know why. Please come here and bring all necessary things that should be brought, arasseo?!”

 

     “Collapsed?”

 

     “Yes. You know this is your fault.”

 

     My fault. Oh yeah Daehy----

 

     Oh my .

 

     I should have known..

 

     I should’ve stopped things..

 

     I forgot the consequence.