Chapter 7

My Invisible Husband

 

 

     Saturday. It means I’ll be staying in my unit the whole day … What will I do today? I’ve got nothing on my list. As soon as I saw Chanyeol’s face while he was asleep … Oh snap. Great idea.

 

     “Ya, Chanyeol-ah, ireona.” I spoke softly yet loud enough for him to hear. He yawned and slowly opened his eyes. When he saw me, he immediately got up and stretched his arms.

 

     I paused for a while, admiring his features. I just realized that he is good-looking. His messy hair made him more look like a royal prince who just woke up from his royal sleep.

 

     I slapped myself as I realized what I was doing.

 

     “Ouch.” I muttered and cleared my throat. It’s embarrassing to know he’s still looking at me.

 

     “Today we will clean this unit.”

 

     “Yeah sure.” He replied and started fixing the sheets.

 

    His mouth made an “O” shape after I took out all the cleaning materials available.

 

     “Finally. I’ve longed to do this again.” He said with a very big smile on his face, clapping his hands in excitement. He took the broom and started to sweep the floor.

 

     We first cleaned the living room. He removed the curtains, dusted the windows off, and wiped every part of the window using a wet white cloth. He was too engrossed in what he’s doing and I was there, observing him.

 

     “Ya.” His voice took me back to my senses. I then found out I was just staring at him all the while. I earned a creepy smile from him and I immediately get myself back to cleaning.

 

     After two hours we decided to rest. We are halfway done to cleaning the kitchen.

 

     “I’m hungry.” He mumbled and rested his head on the dining table.

 

     “Don’t worry I’ll be treating you AFTER we’re done.” I replied, emphasizing the word ‘after’. He nodded and gave me a half-smile before going back on resting his head.

 

 

      “Yay, we’re done!” he shouted after he finished organizing my books. It was the last task for today. I was still trying to put some stuffs on top of the cabinet.

 

     “Aish.” I cursed myself for having a short height.

 

     “There you go.” Chanyeol unexpectedly took the things and put those on top. Oh yeah. So stupid. What’s his use if I won’t ask him help?

 

     “Thanks.” I mouthed as I took the last box and handed to him.

 

     He smiled and put the box above the cabinet.

 

     “We’re done.” He spoke happily. “And I’m hungry.”

 

     “Take a shower first.” I answered back and looked for a shirt that will fit him.

 

     I remembered I have a big shirt here that Daehyun left few months ago when he visited me here. It was due to his clumsiness that’s why he left it.

 

     “This. And…” I took out my oversized knee-length pants which I bought as a souvenir. “This one.”

 

     “Cool. I don’t wear this kind of outfit before.” He said and chuckled.

 

     “But you have no choice.” I protested and headed to the living room.

 

     “You’re a mood swinger.” He suddenly confessed and I felt an odd feeling.

 

     I’m guilty. It’s true.

 

     “I know.” I replied before finally heading to the living room.