Chapter 36

My Invisible Husband

 

     "Sunju what's the problem?"

 

     I shook my head and stuffed a spoon of rice on my mouth, hoping the thoughts would go away.

 

      "Chanyeol-sshi."

 

     "Hmm?"

 

     "Do you have any idea... where the person who should own this ring lives?"

 

     He paused and shook his head. "Sadly."

 

      "What if... I know where she lives?"

 

     He stared at me and seemingly got surprised. Then he laughed. "How did you know she was my dream girl? Hahaha. Stop being silly Sunju. You haven't met or known her, I think. I never told you about her neither."

 

     He's right with that... What I mean is, I saw his past girlfriend.. or wife?

 

     But I'm not yet sure if it was him on that photo.

 

     "You had your past girlfriend don't you?"

 

     With that, he looked down and sighed.

 

     "I just wanted to make sure. You said you loved someone right? I think I know her."

 

     He looked up and was surprised. "A-Are you sure?"

 

    I hesistantly nodded. Abruptly, he took my hand and was surprised when he can actually remove the ring. His eyes widened so much that it became creepy.. Okay, no time to joke around... He can actually remove the ring now.

 

    "This is great..." he whispered. 

 

    I cleared my throat. He looked at me and a smirk formed on his lips.

 

     Chanyeol...

 

    He then suddenly let go of my hand and continued eating. Somehow I felt relieved that he let go of my hand. But why'd he do that???

 

-------------

 

     The next day I asked Na Rae if she can come to my unit. Gladly she agreed, but said that I should also accompany her to talk with Baekhyun after.

 

     "Why are you baking cookies?"

 

     "I have a visitor today." I stared at him.

 

     "Hmm? Is that Kyungsoo?"

 

    I choked at that one, "No!" Kyungsoo. Haha. Ridiculous. But it's mysterious I haven't seen him for long now.. but I only care less.

 

     I then put the tray on the table. "Behave today, okay?"

 

     He frowned. "I know okay? It's common sense." then he rolled his eyes off.

 

     A few minutes later someone knocked at the door. I was very sure it was Na Rae, so I ran to the door and hastily opened it.

 

     She quickly entered my unit without removing her shoes. She has been a visitor here before, but since her mother arrived in South Korea, she didn't have time to visit me here.

 

     "Wait. I'll just get the cookies." I headed to the kitchen and took the cookies." I headed to the kitchen and took the cookies. Chanyeol stayed there in the kitchen and hid behind the wall, sneaking at Na Rae.

 

     "Now I believe in you, Sunju."

 

     "Hmm?"

 

     "You knew her."

 

     I paused at what he said. I knew whom?

 

      "Mwo?"

 

     He then pushed me out of the kitchen, "Go now, don't make her wait."

 

     Confused I just went to the living room and offered her the cookies. Na Rae looked at to where I came from, "What's in there?"

 

     I shook my head, and then, I started to ask her things. As much as she trusts me, Na Rae told me everything she knew about her grandparents. She said her grandfather's name was Lee Min Seok. Her grandmother's name was Yoon Hana. She had asked every minute why I was so curious about it, but later when she finds out I take all chances not to answer her, she gave up asking it again and again.

 

     I have sensed that Chanyeol heard those. But when I was secretly looking at him, he was smiling.

 

     After talking about those things we started talking about what had really happened between Baekhyun and her. she told me that she saw Baekhyun kissing with another girl. and he was drunk.

 

     When Na Rae went home already, Chanyeol immediately got out from his hiding place and beamed.

 

     "You're cool, Sunju! I didn't know you two are friends! And I was satisfied with just watching her the whole time, just like before... She's really pretty."

 

     I raised my brow as the words trailed.

 

     "She's my dream girl, Sunju."