Chapter 28

My Invisible Husband

 


     “Kim Sunju, what do you mean by ‘Bakit Baliktad Magbasa ng Libro ang mga Pilipino?’” he’s starting with those random questions again. I feel like I’d just want to tape his mouth.

 

      “It means ‘Why do Filipinos read books in upside-down position?’”

 

     “Oooh. This book’s cool.” He complimented and scanned the pages of the said book.

 

      I was busy fixing the plates in the uppercase drawer. Chanyeol didn’t even bother to help me. In fact, he didn’t know.

 

     Until he came into the kitchen and saw me.

 

     “Ya!”

 

     I was surprised with him and my heart jumped.

 

     I almost fell from the chair when Chanyeol immediately held my waist.

 

     That contact made me giggle mentally.

 

     I went down from the chair with his help and fixed the plate that broke because of my clumsiness.

 

     “I’ll be the one to do that.” He said and took the broom and cleaned it himself.

 

     This man really. If not because of his “Ya!” I didn’t break the plate.

 

     After he finished cleaning the mess he smiled at me and went back to the living room. That smile. It’s like I can’t get enough of those.

 

     Aish. Why am I feeling this way? T.T

 

     That day was my day-off from work, so I decided to do my hobby; reading books.

 

     Both of us were on the couch sitting upright while reading books. I was reading a classical book while he was reading a random book which has a red cover. I’m not sure what book was that.

 

     Just then the interesting part came. I engrossed myself too much. I feel so excited when abruptly a big thing just fell on my right shoulder. I looked, only to find Chanyeol dozing off, his head rested on my shoulder.

 

     I sigh in frustration, “Ya, Chanyeol-sshi.”

 

     He replied with a grunt.

 

     I pushed him but he was too heavy so slowly I held him and laid him on the couch. I wearily sat on the other sofa opposite to where it was.

 

     I admit I feel more comfortable reading while lying on the couch. I think this was the reason my eyes got in trouble.

 

  -----------------------------------------------------------

 

     Well basically I woke up with this book on my face. Now I found out why I had hard time breathing. I removed the book and faced sideward, only to find Chanyeol smiling at me, his face just … centimeters away from mine,

 

     “You’re awake!”

 

     My heart suddenly beat abnormally. I stayed in that position while staring at him. Eye to eye.

 

     “I made something.”

 

     “Oh.” I instantly got up, catching my breath. “What was it?”

 

     “Roasted beef.” He said and got up too, holding my arm as we both went to the kitchen. Now where did he get those beef?!

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Well, hey guys. I really thank you for supporting this fic. I'm sorry if I can't reply to all your comments. T.T I swear I'll reply to those if I have enough time. Thank you and God bless. ^_^