Chapter 37

My Invisible Husband

 

     “She’s my dream girl.”

 

     She’s his dream girl.

 

     Na Rae is Chanyeol’s dream girl.

 

     I kept quiet, words trailed off in my head. I’m being speechless in an instant. I don’t know what to say or do. Million things suddenly came in my mind.

 

     Chanyeol beamed as he was being jolly, going wild while that smile was on his face. Then he immediately stopped when he saw how weird I looked at him, but at the smile was still there.

 

     “Sunju, can you do me a favor?”

 

     Favor. I’m sure it will be much related to what’s happening right now.

 

     He pursed his lips and looked at me, with excitement in his eyes. “Please help me court her! Please?”

 

     But how can he court her when I’m the only one who can see him?

 

     The ring.

 

     I immediately hid my hands and gulped. Sweat’s already forming on my forehead.

 

     “What can I do?” I asked innocently, avoiding his eyes.

 

     “Give her the ring.” He straightforwardly replied.

 

     But I can’t.

 

     “But you can’t see me anymore..” he said, a little bit sad.. I think.

 

     “Eh? That’d be great.” I blurted out.

 

     Somehow I feel sadness. I must admit that was really my desire before: for him to be gone in my life. But I did not expect this mysterious feeling to grow inside me : that feeling of affection everytime.

 

     “Yeah… great.” He agreed.

 

     I sighed, together with that heavy feeling in my chest, “I’ll see what I can do.”

 

     “Thank you, Sunju!” he smiled.

 

     It’s so ironic. Both of us felt the equally opposite emotion.