Chapter 44

My Invisible Husband

Sunju’s POV

 

     Breakfast time. My body started to feel the same pain again, but I’m hiding it, knowing Chanyeol’s smile is plastered on his face today. He must be in good mood.

 

     Oh, and I remembered he went back in the unit late. “Where have you been last night?”

 

     He smiled at me meaningfully. That smile.. it seems like it has a very peculiar meaning. “Just went somewhere.”

 

     Is he hiding something from me? But still, I don’t have the right to know where is that somewhere he’s talking about. I nodded in response and continued to eat my bowl of soup. Even my hands couldn’t move well. What’s really happening to me?

 

     I hissed as I tried to ease the pain. I’m kept my eyes on the bowl, avoiding everything that can be seen when I will look up.

 

     I coughed when abruptly I ate something. I heard quick footsteps running towards me and I started to feel someone lifting me up towards the couch. I curled myself as I continued coughing. Now I just want to hit my chest hard so that the cough will be gone. Chanyeol took a glass of water and I managed to drink it. By the time I drank the glass of water, I calmed and lied on the couch and rested myself.

 

     “Are you okay now?” Chanyeol asked worriedly, and it made me feel glad. Somehow he was concerned.

 

     I nodded and he patted my cheek softly. A small smile appeared on my lips and I watched his lips curl up too. After a few seconds, he stood up and sat on the couch, my head on his lap. My foolish heart is starting to beat crazily again.

 

     “Chanyeol-sshi, I’m sorry.” I declared. If it hadn’t been because of the ring again, maybe he wouldn’t stay here any longer.

 

     He mumbled something which I cannot understand while he ran he brushed my hair. When I looked up at him, he was in deep-thinking, his eyes looking at a very far view.

 

     “Chanyeol.” He looked at me and smiled.

 

     “It’s okay.”

 

     -------------

 

     The next days were totally hell. I became really weary to the extent that our prof won’t let me attend and join physical activities anymore. So I never did go to school. At the cafeteria, they would let me go home early to rest. I insisted that I should keep myself working, but they said I can’t handle it in this state.

 

     Sometimes, I go home earlier than Chanyeol, and where had he been though? Strangely, he goes out more often. I have no time to ask him because by the time he goes back, I’m already sleepy.

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

     When I saw Sunju being in that state, guilt shot through me. My heart really cracked seeing her very weak… but what can I do? I must be really selfish right now. But … I have my reason, and If I already reach my goal, then all of these will be forgotten. All would be back to normal.

 

          I went to a crowded place; yes, a mall to forget all the wondering. Being in a place like this is kinda cool. Although I’ve never been in this place the whole time, and it’s still strange to be here, I still feel relaxed and happy.

 

     Just then I spotted Na Rae. She had this tousled hair and she wears a cute brown dress with dots. She looks like a little kid with her outfit. She was scanning through the hanged blouses.

 

     “That’s a good choice.” I spoke when I stood behind her.

 

     “Chanyeol!” she was surprised at me but then she smiled back.

 

     “So why are you here?” minutes had already passed since we started talking. I feel like her boyfriend, knowing that every person would look at us suspiciously, like ‘how-did-he-got-a-really-pretty-girl-with-that-face’ look.

 

     “Oh I planned to give something for my best friend. We fought last time and since then I didn’t see her at school.”

 

     Wait. Na Rae and Sunju fought?

 

     “Chanyeol?”

 

     “Yes?” she stared at me and I almost melted.

 

     “Can you help me look for a really cute blouse?”

 

     I scratched my head and hesitated a bit. But hey, I think I know Sunju’s favorites. She likes blouses with floral design. But is it really Sunju? Oh well, I’ll just help.

 

     “This?”

 

     “No. It looks retro.”

 

     “What about this?”

 

     “No. too simple.”

 

     “Oooh.” I took out a really weird blouse. “How about this?”

 

     “That’s weird.” She mouthed.

 

     I gulped and put the blouse back. She’s right.

 

     I never knew shopping with Na Rae could be tiring, but I enjoyed it.

 

 

Sunju’s POV

 

     “Sunju, can we meet at our favorite cafeteria today?” finally, Na Rae called me. I can still feel something bad through her voice, but I can only care less.

 

     “Yes, of course.” I replied, but deep inside, I just want to roll like a buffalo.

 

     “Okay. 5pm.” She said and ended the call. That, was a little bit harsh.

 

     It was almost 5pm so I hurried to change clothes. Aish. My body doesn’t cooperate with my brain.

 

     It was really windy outside so I wore a red-dotted sweater and put my hood on. The cafeteria is 20 minutes away from my apartment and so I decided to just walk.

 

     As I was walking, I was thinking about Chanyeol. Truth to be told, I’m curious about his whereabouts. Has he gone to some ritual places and ask help from witches? And how come he can do that anyways?

    

     I entered the cafeteria and I sighted Na Rae at the farthest corner. What to expect? It’s out favorite spot.

 

     I calmly sat down on the other side and she smiled, “Sunju.”

 

     “Na Rae.. Uhm..”

 

     “I’m sorry.” Both of us spoke at the same time. Then e both laughed dryly.

 

     “So, is everything between us okay now?”

 

     “Of course.” I said and beamed happily.

 

     She took out a paper bag and placed it in front of me.

 

     What to expect from Na Rae again? -.-

 

     I opened it and saw my favorite type of blouse. “Thank you.”

 

     She laughed, “Hul~ she doesn’t reject it anymore!” a wide smile appeared on her face.

 

     “Yes.” I mumbled and also smiled. It’s already traditional between us that I will reject what she gives and she’ll insist and the process repeats until I give in.

 

     “So tell me what happened these past few days? Why were you absent? Huh? Are you sick?”

 

     I shook my head and showed a smile, “I was just tired and being lazy.”

 

      “And when did Sunju learned to skip classes with that reason?”

 

     Yes. Since when? But well, I was really sick.

 

     Just then her phone rang, indicating a call.

 

     “Aish.” She cursed. Oh Na Rae, really this girl…

 

     “Sunju, I have to go now. Mom’s in panic again. Argh. I just hate this.”

 

     I nodded and smiled, we then exited the cafeteria together and separated ways.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Oh la! Did you know guyth that I just hid Chapter 43? I forgot to publish it. I'm really sorry for that one -.-V