Chapter 42

My Invisible Husband

 

 

 

     “So what will I do now?” Sunju asked me, her face swollen and I don’t know why: she was looking at me deeply, waiting for my answer.

 

      “Just… let it be for a while.” Well, that’s the best answer I could give.

 

     I accepted the consequence of the regulations, just to make myself visible.

 

     I’m sorry Sunju. I hope you’d understand.

 

 

Sunju’s POV

 

     “Simple devices use these double-celled materials like batteries to produce electric current, simply to make the electricity flow and make the device work…”

 

     Here at my physics class and I’m almost falling asleep with the lesson. Truth to be told, I really don’t like this subject… simply because it confuses me.

   

     Oh gawd. My body’s really weary now. Worse, after this class will be our physical education. Aish. I hate how our professor still had the guts to attend the class after all of her absences.

 

     “Sunju? Are you okay?” Na Rae approached me while we were still in the locker room. This time, my body pain got worse. I’m starting to feel really dizzy.

 

     No, Sunju. You have to attend this P.E class today. Your silly professor will give your final grade through today’s activity. Oh how I hate this.

 

     I nodded and assured her with a smile. She narrowed her brows, “You’re not okay.” She stated.

 

     “Oh yes I am. Don’t mind my face.”

 

     “Hmm.. you’re now pale either… but there’s something wrong with the way you move. I’ll tell prof about th---“

 

     “No. No, Na Rae. Remember, she’s inconsiderate.”

 

     She rolled her eyes, “Ugh. I really hate this. I hate her. I’ll hate her more if there’ll be something bad that’ll happen to you.”

 

     “I’m fine.” I beamed and even though she didn’t believe me for the nth time, we both proceeded to the open field where the others are waiting.

 

 

-

 

     I cursed when I found out we’ll be paying soccer. I hate that sport! No! aish! I don’t know how to play that one! Aish!

 

     “Okay, team one will be Na Rae, Hyeyoung, Minri, Gi, and Jongup.”

 

     “Team two will be Kyungsoo, Youngmin, Chanhee, Sunju and Hyoshin.”

 

     I proceeded to my team’s place, still so weak and absent-minded. Kyungsoo stood beside me and smiled.

 

     Everything was well between us. Well, that’s good for us. I smiled back and mouthed, “Good luck to us.”

 

     “Yeah.” He replied. Somehow, his voice is still as sweet as before. He never changed.

 

     As the game had started, I was the guard of the base, I volunteered myself. The game continued and I felt like my head is going to explode already.

 

     “Sunju, watch out!” I heard someone say it but it was already too bright for my eyes. I felt my legs wobbled and immediately I felt the smooth grass on my body. I…

 

-

 

     I woke up inside a white room, with Na Rae, Kyungsoo, looking at me. I got up but Kyungsoo held my shoulders and let me lay back on the bed.

 

     “What happened?” I asked, rubbing my forehead which was still painful.

 

    “I knew it, Sunju. I knew you weren’t feeling well! Now look at what happened!” Na Rae was ranting in front of me like I’m her daughter.

 

     “I don’t know.. “ I mumbled, confused. No, this isn’t because of my emotions. I have eaten well these past days, why would I faint just like that?

 

     Na Rae got frustrated… I think.. as she went out of the clinic room and shut the door with a slam. I was about to get up but Kyungsoo held my shoulder again, "don’t worry… I’ll try to talk to her later.” He smiled.

 

     I was worried we with her, is she that worried for me? It’s my first time to see Na Rae acting like that because of me. I looked at the clock and was totally surprised. I had slept for seven hours?! Heck! Is that even possible?! So I fainted nearly seven hours ago? Aish.

 

     The nurse arrived and beamed, “You’re awake. Thank God. I thought what had already happened.” Then she gave me the permission to leave, and Kyungsoo accompanied me.