Chapter 35

My Invisible Husband

     [Let's skip those not so important days]

 

     It's been a week since Na Rae haven't gone to school. Being worried, I tried to contact her but of no use. I tried to ask Baekhyun what has happened, but he too, isn't around.

 

     And I can't just go there and visit Na Rae in her house. She told me once that I can't go there unless I will inform her mother ahead of time, and not is too late to ask permission.

 

     I was heading to the cafeteria when my phone received a call from her.

 

     "Sunju-ya."

 

     "Glad you finally called."

 

     "Can you come here? In the house? Please."

 

     "Oh?"

 

     "I already told Mom. Please?"

 

     "Yeah sure. Actually... I was waiting for that. I'm on my way." And with that I rode a bus on my way there.

 

     "Sunju." Her mom greeted me with a very gentle smile as I bowed and then I entered the house. "Just wait here for a while okay? I'll be back with snacks for you."

 

     "Deh. Kamsahamnida." This is what I like here in Na Rae's residence.Na Rae told me they practice Filipino culture here. I looked around. It seems like the house had been renovated since I last visited here, which was last year. There were already picture frames on the walls, pictures of her family.

 

     And wait... I think I saw something familiar. I stood up and neared the certain greyscale photo of a man and a woman, apparently in their mid-20's. And the man looks like... Chanyeol.

 

     Definitely. He looks like Park Chanyeol.

 

     The truth struck me. He lived before. There's a possibility it's actually him.

 

     "They are Na Rae's grandparents."

 

     Grandparents.

 

     I looked at Na Rae's mom in amusement. I don't know if I'd laugh or beam, but there's a part in me that ached a bit.

 

     My heart.

 

     She was about to talk again when Na Rae spoke.

 

     "Sunju." Sadness filled her face. I neared her and we both entered the room. She then embraced me and cried. I was surprised with what she did. What happened?

 

     "Na Rae.."

 

     "Baekhyun... he's .... he's a bastard!" she sobbed more.

 

     My mind went black. I just heard Na Rae continue to say things which I cannot comprehend. All that was in my mind was that photo I saw a moment ago.

 

     "Sunju are you listening?"

 

     "Uh? Y-yeah. Sorry for what happened." Na Rae wiped her tears and frowned.

 

     "Wait... Sunju what has gotten into you?"  

 

     "What's the name of your grandfather?" 

 

     I shook my hands, "I'm sorry Na Rae."

 

     Sigh. "Anyways, just... both of you must talk about that."

 

     "I'd slap him if I'd see his face again." Stuttering, I looked for words to tell her. "Aish. This problem can't be fixed if that's your behavior." She whined. Usually I'd scold her but today it's like I was annoyed.

 

     "Please, Na Rae. Talk to him."

 

     "Then come with me on that day." I nodded without hesitation.

 

     I got home confused. I actually ruined everything today.