Chapter 2

My Invisible Husband

 

    "You see .. Oh ... How can I explain this ..." he murmured in front of me, fidgeting his fingers, silence filling the room for a while.

 

     "Ya, are you just gonna stand there?" then all of a sudden an idea came into my mind, "Are you ... somewhat a member of scammers or something?!"

 

     "A-Aniyo!" he directly replied, acting defensive. Awkward.

 

     "Then what are you?" Wait, I'm starting to get interested with this man.

 

     "Since you're my wife, you have to know." he uttered. He looked around, then asked, "Where's your-" he then ran towards the corner where the mirror was placed, "Come here." I raised my brows. Is this guy playing around? Tss. Dork.

 

     I came near, and my eyes widened with what I'm seeing.

 

     No reflection; only mine.

 

     I gulped, looked at him, who was just facing the mirror, and then looked back again at the mirror. He really wasn't there.

 

     "How ...." I stood there, dumbfounded.

 

     "I'm a soul." he said in a very low voice. "I lived several years ago, actually, probably you were not yet born at that time."

 

     Instead of being scared and scream the hell out of me, I just remained there, speechless. No voice would come out; I can't even move my body in shock.

 

     "Hey." I heard him, but it's just until there. I didn't respond, and I feel like my blood had drained. The next thing was ....