Chapter 56

My Invisible Husband

 

NO ONE’S POV

 

     “Chanyeol-sshi.” He heard someone calling him from behind. He was surprised to see himself on a playground; a quiet one. Seems like everyone has left when he came, except for that lady who was sitting on one of the swings, telling him to come over.

 

     He was surprised: so surprised to see Sunju, lively, happy, and pretty Sunju. He looked around again, and there was really no one besides both of them. “Don’t look around anymore. There are only two of us here.” She smiled when he looked at her.

 

    “Where am I?”

 

     “Why are you here?” Sunju blunted before Chanyeol finished his statement. “You’re in my dream.” She continued, which is also a reply to his question.

 

     Chanyeol widened his eyes, “Your dream?” he wandered his eyes again, “How did I get in here?”

 

     She shrugged.

 

     Nobody knows.

 

     “Now what would you tell me?” Sunju looked at him while blinking cutely, and grinning at the same time. She makes her face creepy, to be exact.

 

     “What?” Chanyeol replied, his heart pounding. This time, Sunju’s alive and ready to listen. But his words got lost in formation. He’s confused. He’s nervous again.

 

     Sunju shrugged, “I don’t know. My instincts tell me that you have something to tell me.” She lightly chuckles. “Tell me, Chanyeol-sshi. Before I’ll wake up.”

 

     “But you’ll wake up soon.”

 

     “But I don’t want to. You should tell me something first.”

 

     “What will I tell you?”

 

     Sunju gave the killer stare; a stare that will dig into your soul until you finally say everything.

 

     “Thank you for letting me live in your apartment.”

 

     Well that’s first and foremost. But living n her apartment for months has a purpose so he just meant it slightly.

 

     But the food counts. And also the clothes. Daehyun’s clothes.

 

     “My pleasure. Anything else?”

 

     “Uhm..” Chanyeol ran out of words. Well not really. He’s just afraid to say something more besides that.

 

     “Won’t you say sorry for bringing me in this situation?”

 

     He gulped and coughed, how the did she…

 

     “Someone told me how you brought me up here. And I was surprised with what he said. Is it true Chanyeol?”

 

     He almost wanted to kill himself in an instant. This is not what he wanted, nor he wanted to let her know about it.

 

     “What are you talking about?”

 

     “But then it was all my fault.” She continued, before he could reply. He saw her tears forming up instantly. She looked at her hand, and the ring was gone.

 

     “Where’s the ring?” she looked at him but he was just too naïve to reply. His heart shattered into pieces after seeing her cry for the first time.

 

     This situation was unexpected; perhaps a weird way to tell everything he felt and had.

 

     “Oh. That old man took it I nearly forgot.” She chuckled again and wiped her tears.

 

     What and who is that?

 

     Did St. Peter show up to her? Chanyeol thought.

 

     “Chanyeol.” She called for the last time with a smile plastered on her lips. “Please tell me that you’re sorry now.”

 

     She was pleading, like an 8-year-old kid, but he knew she really wanted him to say it.

 

     “I’m sorry.”

 

     Eventually, a beep of a car can be heard, louder and louder. The car’s lights blinded Chanyeol’s eyes and when the car stopped and the lights went out, an old man got out from the vehicle.

 

     “Uncle!”

 

     “Oh my dear Sunju.” Sunju ran to him like a little girl and she embraced him. Chanyeol’s jaw dropped when he realized Sunju’s uncle has the same face resemblance with St. Peter.

 

     “Are you already done?”

 

     Sunju paused, and glanced at Chanyeol. “Yes. I already got what I asked for.”

 

     “So, we got to go now?”

 

     She nodded. “But before anything else…” she cleared and went to Chanyeol for the last time.

 

     “Chanyeol-sshi, I really like you and your creepy face.” She laughed dryly and blushed. After that, she ran away while waving at him, and then entered the car and left.

 

     Chanyeol heard those words in front of him, and as if a lightning, a small smile appeared on his face.

 

     He’s forgiven.

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------

Uhm.. *clears throat* Hello guys.