Chapter 21

My Invisible Husband

 

     “Himchan-ahh, let’s walk our dongsaeng home.” Yongguk sunbae told Himchan oppa as he padlocking the door of the cafeteria. Finally, it’s our time to go home.

 

     “Yeah, sure. It’s already late.” Himchan oppa said and placed his arm around my shoulder. “And perhaps there’ll be bastards that will harm our dongsaeng.”

 

     I laughed at their conversation. They always do that to me whenever we leave the workplace together. They always have that brotherly love for me, and I like it. The truth is I feel safe whenever I’m with them.

 

     As we walk home Himchan oppa held my hand to his pocket, and noticed the ring, “Oooh, wedding ring?

 

     I shook my head, “Ani, oppa. It’s a ring my parents gave me.”

 

     “Jinjja?”

 

     Aish. Oppa please just let go of your curiosity.

 

     “It’s a nice ring. I like it.” He was about to remove the ring when Yongguk sunbae slapped his naughty hands, “Aish. You rascal. Himchan-ahh, just don’t mind that ring! You’re so curious in everything and it’s suffocating.” Sigh. Thank you sunbae.

 

     “We’re already here.” Yongguk sunbae said and faced me.

 

     “Gomawo.” I bowed and beamed at them.

 

     Himchan oppa ruffled my hair and grinned, “You punk, you should work better okay? I miss the energetic Sunju.” He confessed.

 

     I entered the apartment as soon as they walked away. It’s already 11:00 pm, and I’m dying to sleep.

 

     I saw Chanyeol sleeping soundly on his sheet.

 

     Did this genius eat something before he dozed off? Aigoo. I must have just brought ramen for him. Our supply had lasted for a week, and now I don’t have enough money yet to buy grocery items.

 

     I slammed myself on bed and as if on cue, all I thought were the different expression of Chanyeol. His pout. His glare. His smile. His serious face. His laugh.

 

     They’re cute.

 

     Aish. What did I say? Erase. Erase. Erase.

 

     I tried to think of calling sunbae.

 

     But my hands don’t want to dial his number.

 

     I’d rather think of how broken-hearted I am rather than thinking about that freaking ghost Chanyeol.

 

     Aish. It’s not working.

 

     That moment when he held my hand suddenly popped up in my mind. When his tone became seriously concerned when he asked me about my condition. Aigoo. That current-like feeling’s back!

 

     What’s the meaning of this?!  I’m being delusional right now.