Chapter 43

My Invisible Husband

 

Chanyeol's POV


     So here I am, leaning on this wall. This was the place where I first saw Na Rae, near a big building, which happened to be a school. It's already dark... how I wish I would still have the chance to see her tonight.

     I was holding the ring, looking at it while waiting. Right now, I turned it into a necklace. I should have done this before, but I'm the kind of person who gets annoyed with paraphernalias on the body. But now I have to do a little sacrifice.

     I then heard some murmurs and when I looked up, I saw her. Na Rae. She has that unusual expression, like she's mad at anything... or someone.


     I was looking at her all the.time, until she already passed by me.


     Oh, she just passed by me. Oh well, who am I for her to greet me by the way? Aish. Stupid. I slowly followed her, practicing my greeting. She turned left, and I was about to turn left also when she bumped her back at me. She faced me and paled, and stepped backwards again, looking at our front. Few steps away from us were three old men.


     "Oh what a beautiful lady we have here."


     "But her boyfriend's here what will we do?"


     "Get rid of the boyfriend. Hahaha!"


     Na Rae gulped and in a snap, she moved behind me,and I can feel her nervousness, she eas clutching on my shirt.



     I think this will be a perfect time to impress her...

----

     So basically I fought the three men and knocked them down, so they ran away like silly boys. Ha!

     I looked back and assured her with a smile. Oh god. She's hell pretty, even with that paled face.

     "Thank you, uh..."


     "Chanyeol. My name's Chanyeol."


     "Thank you Chanyeol." She muttered, and the way she spoke my name was... heaven for me.


     "I think... I should walk you home... To make sure you'll be safe."


     "That's a good idea but..."


     "Come on, I insist."

     She nervously smiled and gripped her bag as we walked together.

-----

     "Aish. She's not answering my calls." I mumbled as I kept on dialing Na Rae's number. Apparently, it was already my tenth time trying to contact her.

 

     Kyungsoo chuckled and ruffled my hair, “It’ okay. I told you I’ll talk to her about that right?”

 

     I nodded and tried to keep myself calm.

 

     It was already evening and both of us decided to eat dinner together.. I mean… he insisted… and I recommended that we will eat at the cafeteria where I’m working. It gives the best meals.

 

     We entered the place and when Himchan oppa saw us, he nearly stumbled during the process of running towards us.

 

     “Saengi, where have you been last night? We were waiting for you.”

 

     “Ah… Mianhae oppa.. I ..  I just had this little problem last night.” I constantly stuttered.

 

     “Hmm? If I  knew you don’t have a boyfriend.”

 

     “Yeah, I don’t have… Oh.” When I looked up, I saw him staring at Kyungsoo with his poker face.

 

     “Oppa, this is Kyungsoo. My classmate… and.. he was my partner during that… singing competition.” His eyes widened while Kyungsoo bowed and smiled.

 

     “Omona… Yongguk-ah!!!” he then shouted and all of the people inside the place turned at him. Oppa is really loud sometimes..

 

     “Go find a table now. I’ll be preparing the best dishes for you.” He told us and I nodded, while after that he kept on shouting Yongguk sunbae’s name while entering the kitchen.

 

     We sat at the corner near the window.

 

     “They’re cool. Do they really act like that every time?”

 

     I nodded. Well, this is a good conversation to start with. “Oh yes. They are really hyper every time. They say that’s a good thing to consider during work.” He laughed and sighed.

 

     Right now the atmosphere isn’t awkward. Even though something bad had happened between us… it’s like tonight, nothing has happened. He was the same Kyungsoo, the kind and humble one. But the oozing feeling of regret started to fill me up. I actually made the wrong decision before. But I can’t do anything now. All he knew is that.. . I don’t like him back.

 

     “Sunju?”

 

     Crap. I didn’t notice I was staring at him.

 

     “Sorry.” I mumbled and looked down, my eyes fixed on the table.

 

     After a few minutes, I noticed him dialing something on his phone.

 

     “I’m calling her.” He declared. I looked at him, waiting for the phone to beep at the same time.

 

     “Na Rae-ah.”

 

     Oh gosh. She answered his call.

 

     “Okay. Thank you.” Then he simply ended the cal..

 

     “What did she say?”

 

     “She just asked pardon for what happened.” I sighed in relief. In that case, everything’s okay now. Thank goodness!

 

-

 

     “That was fun!” Kyungsoo said as he reminisced what happened. Basically, Himchan and Yongguk sunbae surprised us. At least, for that time, I really forgot the bad things that happened on that day. But I can’t help to think that it could have been better if Na Rae was also there…. And Chanyeol.

 

     “And the food was really delicious.” He added.

 

     Kyungsoo walked me home that night. As we were walking, we talked about the good things that happened. Somehow, it made me feel safe.. and happy, that I was with him. Every now and then,  I still get attracted with his smile.

 

     We’re now in front of my apartment and now it’s time to halt our conversation.

 

     “Thank you for sending me home safely.”  I said and beamed at him. Seriously, it’s like my problems had lessened because of this night.

 

     “Yeah. It’s actually a man’s duty” he muttered and rubbed the back  of his neck.

 

     “Next time, take care of yourself, okay? I was bothered about you this afternoon.” All of a sudden, he moved forward and… kissed my forehead.

 

     Blood rushed through my cheeks… that unexpected kiss was…

 

     “See you tomorrow at school.” He smiled and left me dumbfounded.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my dear readers! It's not yet that long time since I last updated the story, right? Well, here's another chapter :)) I am in good mood because we didn't have class today.. So I just updated the story for you :**  love you guys!!