Chapter 48

My Invisible Husband

Sunju’s POV

 

     “It’s still stuck.”

 

     After I found out those things, I felt like crying. But no, I shouldn’t. He doesn’t know I have feelings for him. He doesn’t know and he will never know because he loves someone else. And this ring’s giving me the most heartache. Why won’t this thing get off from me? It doesn’t have anything to do with me anymore. I myself tried to remove it once and for all but it was useless. I’ll just break my finger if I’ll try the hardest.

 

     Both of us were left there not doing anything. Well physically I was behaving. Inside of me, I just wanted to scream. I wanted to cry, I wanted to beat myself for being so stupid. This wasn’t included in my plan, I wanted to get rid of him in the first place. But what is it now? I’m here, like a paralyzed being that’s going crazy mentally but can’t show it in front of him.

 

     “Sunju, I---“

 

     “I need to sleep now.” I blunted as I tugged my hair and headed towards my room. How I wish I would wake up to a new place the next day; but sleeping will be my first problem now.

 

     I just can’t stand imagining him being with Na Rae. Although I’m not sure if Na Rae loves him back, but still it’s possible. I’m hopeless.

 

 

     School time.


     Kyungsoo brought me lunch today. Although I don't feel like eating he insisted. After all it's his treat. Na Rae, on the other hand, was eating plenty. She didn’t eat dinner last night because she fought with her mom. Again. I miss my mom. Daehyun and Chanyeol stayed in the apartment. I don’t know if Chanyeol was just staying there. but Na Rae's with us so...
 


     "Guys you'd never believe this. I met a man a few days ago and he's really charming and he saved me from those badass and he's really tall and he has this cool voice and..." she squealed, "He's handsome! I think he's the one!"



     Na Rae's giggles made my heart stomp out from my chest. I think I know that man she's talking about.

  

     "What's his name?"



     "Excuse me first. I gotta go to the restroom."

  

     "Park Chanyeol."
Na Rae finished her statement first before she looked at me. "Be back immediately okay? I've got to tell more about him. Eeeeh~"



     I remained there, sitting with my stiffed legs and neck.



     "Sunju?" Kyungsoo tried to look at my face but I kept my head down.



      Listening to what Na Rae says makes my heart shatter. I tried to hide the feeling of heartache but it slightly showed and my eyes became a bit teary.
 


     "Wait, Sunju. What's with the reaction? Was I talking about a drama scene?"
 


     "No. I was just.."



     "She's just proud because you finally moved on from Baekhyun." Kyungsoo said and I was a bit surprised.



     "Aww.. just forget that flirt okay? I've moved on from him so we should bury him in the back of our minds. Or just forget he existed."
 


     I'm so pathetic for having this feeling of crying again.

 



Chanyeol's POV


     I left the unit because Daehyun was just too much. He asks me to do this is that, he's so busy making food and I don’t know why. He even asked me what will be the best to bake, and I directly answered Cinnamon rolls of course. But I already left him after that.



     It's almost seven in the evening and I'm still looking for an exact place to be stayed. Half of my heart wants to go back and talk to Sunju, but the other half, including my conscience, stops my feet from doing so.

 

     Let’s say I’ve become the man who doesn’t have a pure heart anymore. I’ve hurt somebody because of my desires. I gave her a pain in the . It wasn’t an accident, it was my choice. I chose my decision without even thinking vaguely. How many times do I have to keep in my mind that Sunju doesn’t have anything to do with all of these? She’s a victim. My victim. And she doesn’t even know.

 

     I suddenly heard a familiar voice calling my name. I looked sideways and found Na Rae running towards me. She was smiling, but I don’t feel what should be felt. Maybe my mind’s too engrossed with thoughts of Sunju.

 

     “Chanyeol-sshi, please come with me.” She said and grinned, looking at me while waiting for my reply.

 

     “Where?”

 

     “Hmm.. somewhere.” She replied and held my wrist as we start walking down the road.

 

     We went to a bar. BAR. A Night Bar.

 

     Why are we here?

 

     Na Rae pulled me up to the center once we got in the noisy place. The place is really noisy and I have to cover my ears because of the unpleasant sound. Meanwhile, while I was fighting myself, Na Rae started to dance with the beat of the music.

 

     She’s dancing in front of me.

 

     She didn’t dance FOR me. She was just dancing in front of me.

 

     And I didn’t think it was a good idea.

 

     It’s disgusting.

 

     I held her, “Stop! Stop dancing! It’s not cool!”

 

     “What?! I can’t hear you!” we were already speaking to the highest volume of our voices. The up roaring of the music is getting into my nerves and I need to get out of this place as soon as possible.

 

     All of a sudden, she wrapped her arms around my neck, and rested her chin on my shoulders. My heart beat faster in an instant.

 

     “Please.. just stay, Chanyeol-sshi.” She whispered straight into my ear and I can clearly hear it. From a distance, I noticed a man staring at us like he’s got an evil plan. His stare was the most intense amongst others, obviously.

 

     After Na Rae’s request, I stayed. I stayed for her. Because I felt like something was up and she needs me. For a few minutes, we stayed in that position, her embracing me. Finally I got the courage to wrap my arms around her waist and swayed with the newly-played jazz music.

 

     I felt like my heart is about to leave my ribcage. This feeling is just… amazing.

 

     “Chanyeol-sshi, I got a problem.”

 

     “Hmm. You can tell me.”

 

     “You know.. I have this ex-boyfriend and.. he kind of follows me everywhere.”

 

     “That’s creepy.”

 

     “Yes. He’s even here, watching at us.” My eyes widened. So it’s him? The one who’s watching at us right now?

 

     “So please, just keep it cool. Just.. help me.” Na Rae released me from her embrace and looked at me straight into my eyes.

 

     She managed to cup my face and in an instant, I felt her lips pressed against mine.

 

     She kissed. ME.

 

     I felt a strong electrifying sensation as my lips was on hers. But the feeling was.. kind of weird and unexplainable, like something happened while I’m here..?

 

     She parted her lips from mine and when I slightly got back to my senses, I saw the same man leaving the place.

 

     So he was the ex.

 

     I just kissed Na Rae. My poor heart.

 

 

 

Sunju’s POV

 

     I got home almost seven. Kyungsoo treated me on an arcade and I gladly accepted his request. Who wouldn’t want a treat anyways? At least for some time I’m smiling. And Na Rae? She left. She said she’d just be out of place and she’s rather look for HER Chanyeol.

 

     I entered my unit and saw my cousin at the kitchen (what to expect? He’s a glutton-).

 

     “Daehyun-ah, what’s that?” I asked as I was looking at the plate with dough.

 

     “Food.”

 

     “Oh yeah I know it’s food.”

 

     “I’m making cinnamon rolls.” He beamed.

 

     The first thing that came into my mind was Chanyeol. He loves cinnamon rolls.

 

     “Well, Chanyeol suggested this earlier. So I think it’s a good idea. Hey where is he?”

 

     “Uh? I don’t know.” I searched for him in my little place but he’s nowhere to be found. I wondered, and checked if the ring was still on my hand. It’s still there. I thought he became invisible again.

 

    Is he having a battle with his moral mind? As for me, I wasn’t angry at all. Well, 50%. I was just taken aback by the fact that he doesn’t know I … I love him.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------

N/A : Another chap's up! I hope you like it. Thank you and welcome to my new subs. I loooooooooooove you all.