Chapter 18

My Invisible Husband

 

     I reached the apartment and I heaved a sigh. The ache in my heart remained. I don’t want to cry. It’s Christmas. I should be happy.

 

     I slid my card and the door of my unit opened. I immediately entered and sat on the couch, thinking nothing.

 

     I want to forget what happened.

 

     “Sunju! You’re back!” Chanyeol’s deep yet loud voice echoed through the room.

 

     He stood in front of me, wearing a Santa hat and was wearing white polo paired with white pants. He looks so cute with the outfit.

 

     Now I’m so wondering where he got those.

 

     I went to the kitchen and saw a lot of foods prepared on the table. Astonished, what happened earlier left my mind and what I was thinking about now is how these mysterious things appeared in my house. I never did buy anything for Christmas but a lot of foods are here.

 

     I was about to ask Chanyeol where he bought these… rather get these, when abruptly there was someone ringing the doorbell. I approached and opened the door, and was surprised to see a middle-aged couple standing in front of me. My apartment neighbors I think.

 

     “Merry Christmas, my dear! Is your husband still around?”

 

     Husband?

 

     “Husband? I’m sorry, Sir, Ma’am, but I live alone.”

 

     “Eh? Then who was that one carrying those big bags a while ago? We saw him enter your unit. He was even wearing a Santa hat!” they exclaimed.

 

     Are they talking about Chanyeol???

 

     “I’m sorry but I really live alone.”

 

     They both laughed and handed me a medium-sized box. “Anyways, Merry Christmas! Have a fruitful life with your husband. You seem so denial. Did you two fight? Aigoo. It’s Christmas. Be happy.” Then they left and proceeded to the other rooms.

 

     What are they talking about? Did they see Chanyeol? How come? He told me I’m the only one who can see him.

 

     I closed the door and went back to the kitchen holding the box I recently received.

 

     “Ohhh~ Who gave that one?” Chanyeol hopped in beside me.

 

     “My neighbors, I think.” I said, still my eyes on the box.

 

     “It’s almost midnight! Come on let’s eat!” he suddenly said and grabbed me by the arm.

 

     “Chanyeol-sshi, how did you-“

 

     “I asked help from someone.” He didn’t let me finish and it looks like he already sensed that curiosity’s almost killing me.

 

     “Who?”

 

     He looked up and then at me. With a smile.

 

     I raised my brows. What’s with looking up?

 

     “You’ll know it pretty soon.” Then he started eating.

 

     “Merry Christmas by the way. This is my gift for you.” He said and grinned.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

HELLO GUYS ! I'm deeply sorry if I can't interact and reply to your comments lately. I'm just having a slight problem right now. I promise that if I'll be doing fine soon, I'll reply to your comments. Lovelots everyone ! Advance Merry Christmas! ♥