Chapter 47

My Invisible Husband

Sunju's POV

     I entered the unit and found both of them organizing some boxes of God knows what. The first one who saw me was Chanyeol, and he stopped and Daehyun finally saw me. He looked so damn surprised as he stood up while staring at me, "S-Sunju?"

 

     "Why are you here?" I replied, standing still and my face was damn serious.

 

     "Hey, is that even you? You look.. strange." He said and glanced at Chanyeol. "You didn't let her eat for days didn't you?!"

 

     "You.. you see him?" Those words slipped from my mouth.

 

     "Of course! He's tall and has big ears!" Chanyeol looked straight into my eyes, and with that, I can feel he wanted to tell me something about this. I'm already confused with what's going on. Is this really happening? So did Chanyeol lied at me? Is he really human? Or still an invisible creature?

 

     --------

 

     Daehyun already slept. So yeah I did not get back to work eventually. Daehyun didn't let me, and my body too. For the past hours, Chanyeol and I would exchange glances. Of course we can't talk about this while Daehyun is around. And he is especially talkative and curious at everything.

 

     While we were in the living room, I managed to poke his forehead.

 

      "Aww!" He groaned and rubbed his forehead. "Why'd you do that?!"

 

     Well, it has double purpose. First, for being secretive, and second, for being a liar. "Since when did you become... you know.. v--v..." I sighed. I managed to straighten my posture and act as if I wasn't hurt for him lying. "You know... Daehyun can see you. Does that mean everyone can see you now?"

 

     "Sunju..." this time, I felt like he's really serious of something.

 

     "If I'll tell you the truth.. will you still let me... stay here?”

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

     Right place, wrong time. That’s how I should describe tonight’s situation. If I wouldn’t tell her the truth tonight, then when? Time is still unknown, I’m not even sure if I would really tell her soon or not, if not today.

 

     "If I'll tell you the truth.. will you still let me... stay here?”

 

     Of course my question was a bit frank. I instantly felt guilty. My heart starts to beat in nervousness and I’m not yet ready for her answer. I’m sure it’s a ‘no’ or ‘why would I?’ or ‘you lied.’. even if I can still manipulate my answer I don’t have the courage.

 

     “I think.” She muttered. Her answer didn’t help anyways. “I.. I want to know the truth, Chanyeol-sshi.” She looked at me intently, and I can feel her sad emotion through her eyes. Where will I start? I should tell her the truth before this feeling of honesty vanishes.

 

     “Honestly.. I’ve been following Na Rae for days already.” Pause. “And in fact she knew me already a few days ago because I saved her from… harm.” When I looked at Sunju, she looked liked she couldn’t believe everything I said.

 

     “Should I …”

 

     “Yes.” She nodded at the same time before looking at me again. The more she gives me that eager stare, the more guilt is stabbing me like knives. “The reason why I do not stay here for the whole day is because I come regularly to see her. It’s just that I will eventually see her and then we’ll have a chitchat while we walk together and.. that’s it.”

 

     What else do I have to say?

 

     I will never tell her what she’s feeling the past few days was associated with what I’m doing. I won’t tell her that. Just.. no.

 

    “Perhaps, you don’t really.. need this ring?” she showed me the ring on her hand. Without waiting for my reply, she reached her hand out to me, “Mind if you remove it from there? Please?” she wasn’t looking at me anymore, she was looking at her hand, waiting for me to do it.

 

     But I couldn’t do this. Or at least I should try. But if it will be successfully removed, then all I did for the past few days would be useless. It will be harder for me to make a move for Na Rae. I took her hand, ready to take the ring away from her finger. I’m hoping it won’t be removed from there, just like what happened last time.