Chapter 3

My Invisible Husband

 

    I was awakened by the sudden pain I felt on my finger. Did I faint? Oh gosh. Where am I? I glanced at my side and saw the same guy, putting bandage on my cut. "Where am I?" I rubbed my forehead while getting up. Thank God I'm still in my apartment unit.

 

     The guy murmured something that I can barely understand. He was still giving my finger a first aid cure. He sighed and spoke clearly, "By tomorrow you can now remove that one."

 

     I guess this man has a background about medicine.

 

     "Hey, where did you get that kit?" he shrugged and pointed under the side table. Oh, yes I remembered. I put it there last night.

 

     "How old are you?"

 

     "I swear you don't want to know." he replied while fixing the supplies.

 

     "I mean ... how old are you when you died?"

 

     "Twenty-five." he concluded and put the kit back to its place. He then sat on the opposite side of the room, facing me.

 

     "What was the cause of your death?"

 

      "I had Leukemia. I stayed in the hospital for nine months, but my sickness was uncured. After I died, I really wished to live again. I'm already here on earth for how many years now, searching for that lady whom I've loved. But I forgot; the time given to me to look for her was too short; not enough; then I realized she's too old now. So I'm searching for another lady whom I will give the ring. But unfortunately it landed on you." he glared at me during the last sentence.

 

     I gulped at the statement. So it's my entire fault? Oh come on. This is a big trouble. I have to deal with a ghost. The worse is, he's my husband, he says. I will really curse this ring forever if I can.

 

     Silence filled the atmosphere. In all honesty, I can't say anything at all. He seemed right though; but I really have no idea how to respond to his 'breathtaking' speech.

 

     "So ... Best wishes for us?" he pursed his lips and looked at me.

 

     "I... guess so." I shrugged. Ugh. The heck my lips are moving on its own without my brain's approval. Now I'm becoming an idiot in front of my husband ... Even my point of view wanted me to call this man my husband. ._.

 

     This is probably the effect of delirium.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I updated two chapters in a day ! LOL I was just thanful for the feedbacks guys, you're giving me a reason to continue this fiction. God bless everyone ! :)