Chapter 32

My Invisible Husband

 

 

     The day for the competition had come. Heck. I’m so nervous. This was my dream. WAS. It was before. But somehow I still feel great that this has happened. Our teammates had already wished both of us luck on our way to the stadium. Kyungsoo and I looked at each other in nervous. “This is it.”

 

     “Deh. Hwaiting!” I giggled, trying to ignore this anxiety.

 

     At the backstage, I feel like everyone was calling me… calling me for make-up, hairstyle, costume, to pick up our number, to have a stage rehearsal. I don’t know which one to go first. Aigoo. I’m shocked. First time to do this one.

 

     Thank God because finally they already finished putting my make-up and styling my hair. I looked at myself at the mirror and… SHOOT ANONYMOUS. Is this me? Or just another monster inside the room? Aigoo. I looked totally different with this heavy make-up on my face.

 

     Smiles. For the first time in my whole life… I felt so confident with smiling. I’m sure if my friends are here they won’t recognize me.

 

     Kyungsoo entered the room and smiled at me. He’s handsome as ever. His hair was fixed up and the smile plastered on his face made him look more like a real k-pop star. Aigoo. Do Kyungsoo. I think I’m going to have a crush on you again.

 

     Then Sooran came into my mind.

 

     As if on cue, Kyungsoo spoke, “You looked for Sooran right? She’ll be watching.”

 

     “Eh?” Gulps. That girl. She still had the guts to show up to Kyungsoo. Psh. She should be relieved the naughty Sunju is not arising or else she’ll be dead.

 

     “Looks like you already found out.” He sighed and pouted. >O<

 

     “What?” I asked. What did I found out?

 

     “Pair number 6, you’re next!”

 

     We hurriedly ran out from the room, with Kyungsoo holding my hand.

 

     “We can do this.” I murmured to myself as I was praying mentally.

 

     Kyungsoo was carefully practicing his voice. He didn’t notice that he was still holding my hand, but I didn’t mind.

 

     The coordinators gave us our microphones a minute before our turn.

 

     “Let us welcome, pair number 6!”

 

     Loud cheers can be heard from where we are. The spotlight was too bright, so I closed my eyes and waited for the song to play.

 

     One thing I observed while we were performing, Kyungsoo’s stare was different, and strange. I was anxious, but gladly I did well.

 

     The ending part was shocking. That’s when we both sang the last line of the song, he held my hand and kissed it. I gulped at his action and after the song, I faced the audience, then I saw out teammates applauding.

 

     I sighted Sooran. But she was also applauding!

 

 -----------------------------------

 

     It’s now time to announce the winners.

 

      “2nd place goes to pair number 6!” My heart jumped. We won! Loud cheers were given to us while we were receiving our award.

 

      Because of excitement, I embraced Kyungsoo tightly. He also did in return. We both didn’t expect we will win.

 

     Victory Party!!!

 

     We went to our favorite dukboki resto and of course, it was Kyungsoo’s treat. Junhong linked his arms to mine and we both entered the place. Glad we are the only customers, or else the owner will drive us away because of out excessive noise.

 

     I had good time laughing with what Junhong tells me when Na Rae tapped me, “Sunju-ya~ Kyungsoo wants to talk with you.”

 

      Yeah. I didn’t notice he wasn’t here right now. I excused myself and went out of the resto. I neared Kyungsoo who was standing beside the van we used. He saw me and smiled.

 

     “We did well.” I complimented.

 

     “Well, y-yeah.” He chuckled.

 

     I looked around, “Why are you here?”

 

     “Ah, actually Sunju, I have something urgent to tell you.”

 

     I smiled, “What?”

 

     He called someone from inside the van and there came out… Sooran?

 

     I bluntly looked at her, while she grinned and stood behind Kyungsoo.

 

     Aish. Now I looked at her as a witch.

 

     “Oppa, tell her the truth!” she whined.

 

     Oppa? Tch. How pathetic. She’s so innocent that you can’t recognize her other side. I felt like I just want to punch her on the face.

 

     “Sunju, actually, she’s my cousin.”

 

     What? Cousin? Then how could he marry his own…

 

     Omo.