Chapter 11

My Invisible Husband

 

 

     “Good job Miss Kim you got 95%.” the professor handed me my test paper. My eyes widened at the result. I can't actually believe it. The truth was, I didn't take the test seriously, and yet I got this awesome rate.

 

     I walked towards the cafeteria, still can't believe at the test result. I was actually happy... but then I remembered what I promised to myself yesterday.

 

     And I'm not the type of person who breaks promises.

 

     “Thank you, Sir!” I gladly bowed and left the place. The manager gave me a day-off because he said I was overworking myself (even if I'm not)

 

     I thought of giving Chanyeol a piece offering. I think I have to do what I said to myself. I'm actually regretting why I said those.

 

     I went to the nearest bakeshop to buy something.

 

     “1 box of cinnamon rolls please.”

 

     I entered the unit and he was there on the couch, sitting up straight while reading one of my books titled 'McArthur'. Does he even understand that? That book is written in Filipino words. And how did I read that? Well, Na Rae translates those to me. She can understand those. Na Rae is half-filipino, but she stayed in Korea longer.

 

     “This book's interesting.” he said as he put it down to greet me with a smile

 

     I flushed. That smile was new to me.

 

     I cleared my throat and slowly neared him, hiding the box of bread behind me. How can I say apologetic words? My head's hurting while thinking of what to say.

 

     I exhaled deeply and bowed my head as low as possible, then reached the box out to him, “Peace offering.”

 

     “Eh?”

 

     “Look. I'm sorry for the past weeks. Uh …. I will treat you nice from now on.” I said, feeling awkward and my hesitation-filled mind is making me anxious.

 

     He took the box and opened it. I saw him smile and he all of a sudden made a 'WOW' expression. “My favorite! How did you know?!” he asked and happily took out a piece.

 

     “hdsjdklf?”

 

     “What?”

 

     He swallowed and happily spoke, “Thank you!” then he took a bite again and handed me the box with the other pieces inside. “Want some?”

 

     “Aniyo. That's for you.” I said and continued watching him.

 

     At least things are in good condition. Fot the first time in my life, I've asked sorry to a man; and I even bought a peace offering for him.

 

     I don't do this to Daehyun. That guy is a glutton .