Chapter 52

My Invisible Husband

No One’s POV

 

     Na Rae was about to get inside the elevator when Chanyeol sighted her and immediately grabbed her wrist. Na Rae was surprised with his presence, but she agreed with Chanyeol bringing her to the nearest café. They have to talk.

 

     Well, Chanyeol badly wanted to talk to her. He needs some of his questions to be answered. Maybe it’ll help him make his final decision.

 

     “Fine. I’ll give you ten minutes. I have to bring this lunch for my friend before noon.” She said.

 

     “I’ll be straightforward, Na Rae. What happened during our previous meeting.. does that mean anything?”

 

     “Of course.” Na Rae replied right away. “I… I just kissed you. I won’t do such thing because of nothing.” She explained, her smile like a half-smile, but still with innocence. “Why?”

 

     Chanyeol remained quiet. He doesn’t know what to ask anymore. He didn’t expect Na Rae to be this honest.

 

     “Do you think this.. won’t work out?” she asked again, her voice trembling.

 

     This time, Chanyeol felt his body heating up, his heart being squeezed. He felt he’s the lady in this conversation.

 

     Na Rae sighed and maintained her half smile, but she couldn’t hide the fact that she was hurt. Chanyeol doesn’t trust her, she thought.

 

     “Alright then.” She huffed. “From the look of your face, I think it’s a yes” she casually looked at her watch, “Ten minutes is over. I have to go now.” She stood up without bidding a good bye to him.

 

     Na Rae couldn’t believe it. She thought she could attract boys that easily. She thought everything’s fine now, she thought Chanyeol loves her. With all those acts of affection, she thought it meant anything special. But maybe they really meant something. Maybe she just didn’t give Chanyeol the chance talk. Maybe there’s a reason behind the question, she just misinterpret it. Somehow her optimistic side reigns this time.

 

     She cautiously erased those things for the meantime and entered the room of Sunju. The truth was, the lunch she bought was for Daehyun, because Daehyun threatened her that she couldn’t enter the room if she won’t bring food for lunch. Na Rae’s quite timid towards Daehyun because of a past experience she had with him.

 

     “So can I have time with Sunju? Alone?” she humbly asked and Daehyun happily agreed. As long as there’s food, his mood will always be in a good state.

 

     Na Rae felt pity while looking at her best friend. She’s pale and unconscious, “Sunju-ya.” She rubbed her thumbs against her cheek, trying to wake her up in the calmest way.

 

     “What happened to you? Didn’t you eat well, uh?” Na Rae sat on the nearest seat which was beside the bed. “You shouldn’t have overworked, I told you.” She said while her hand. Na Rae noticed the ring. She remembered how that thing almost became hers. “Sunju-yah, wake up already. I miss eating lunch with you. And I need to tell you something… you know.. girl things… love.. and did you know for the first time I failed to charm a man? Really horrible.” She was hoping Sunju would absorb everything she said.

 

     “That man named Chanyeol.. Sunju, he doesn’t trust me, I think. Have I changed already? Am not, right? I’m still the Lee Na Rae you knew.”

 

     “Aigoo, Sunju, I’m not used of you now talking back.” Na Rae mischievously said, but she meant it heartily. She kept on tapping Sunju’s cold hands, “Wake up already, please.”

 

 

 

------

 

**N/A. So here is the new chapter. I'm sorry guys, I was supposed to update days ago but I became really busy. Lame cheerdance rehearsals + midterm exams + projects .. i may die in peace.

 

P.S Just typed this while I was in our school library. Bare with me if I had typos. I didn't proofread ^^