Life 9 - The Postman Angel : Daehyun

SECOND LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Your eyes became a big round and you gasped when you spotted a man standing behind you while holding an umbrella.

 

The man looked up at you and smirked, “Oopss.. I am sorry, my hand was so slippery so it ended up grabbing your leg..”

 

You gave him an ‘are-you-kidding-look’ and you open your mouth to say something but he cut it, “By the way... It's not the time for you to die yet. You can go down now...”

 

You ignored his words and looked to the front again. You tried to jump once more but suddenly you couldn't move. You felt numb like someone has controlled your body.

 

"Ooppss.. Easy there, little girl... I told you it's not the time yet.. Do you have a problem on your ears or something? You heard what I said, right?”, he smirked.

 

You glared at him. Who the hell is he until he can say something like that to me?!

 

“I can make you freeze like a ‘Liberty Statue’ in here by the way~ And you could just ask me how long you want to be trapped in that pose and standing alone in the rain like this.. 1 hour? 2 hours? It's okay with me.. Just say your wish..”, the man said in a calm voice, but you still could heard his voice clearly in the heavy rain.

 

"Who are you?! Are you a ghost? How can you make my body freeze like this? Are you a magician? David Copperfield?! Let me go!! NOW!”, you yelled at him.

 

"David Copperfield? Who’s that? An English name? Tch! I am very sensitive lately if I heard any English names you know...”, he spat on the ground.

 

"LET ME GOOOO!!! Crazy brat!”, you tried to move yourself, but still you couldn’t.

 

But being the stubborn one he is, he just smiling to you like you are just a little kid. Suddenly he brought you down from the railing with his power.

 

In a speed of light, he hugged your body with his right hand circled around your waist while his left hand holding an umbrella. You gasped when you realized that his face just inches apart from you. His face was too close, and even you could saw his beautiful eyes so clearly.

 

Your face became red as tomato, because it was the first time you being close with a man like that. He gave you a y gaze, and you swore that your heart skipped a beat.

 

 

"My name is Jung Daehyun, but you can just call me Daehyun. I'm a 'Postman Angel'. I came here to bring an important message for you, Bang Yoonjae..", his voice was so gentle and you could felt your ear became hot because of the closeness.

 

You quickly pulled yourself from his embrace with red face, “You! How.. H-how do you know my name?! Are you a stalker?! Are you a thief?! ert?! Are you going to rap me?! NOO!!”, you said with shaky voice while your both hands trying to protect your own body.

 

Being a drunken people you were, you could felt that your head became dizzier and you swayed to the side almost fell into the cold and wet floor. Fortunately, Daehyun caught you just in time and hold your body tightly with one hand. Thanks God he has a good reflection or you've already fainted on the ground.

 

"Ooppss... Just in time.. Watch your step lady, you might dead just because of one single fall...”, he said while smiling and then he straightened up your body. He released you and handed you his black umbrella.

 

"Here, take this.. You'd already soaking wet just like a frog in the ground over there.. Tsk.. You might get sick you know..”, he then pulled out his hoodie to cover his head and put both of his hands into his pocket.

 

You accepted the umbrella and blinked your eyes. You have no idea who the hell this man is. You were afraid but somehow you felt thankful because he helped you.

 

"T-thank you..”, you said in low voice and he just nodded cooly. You bit your lips and looked at him with suspicious gaze, “But how did you know my name? Who are you?”, you asked curiously.

 

"Iwon't repeat what I said. I only said once...”, he gave you a blank face and looked at his watch on his wrist.

 

You made a face and looked away from him.

Aishh.. I should just shut my mouth and stop asking this strange cocky-guy.

 

"It's 2.45 AM now, someone that you need to help must be already dead...", he said to you.

(Don't forget that L has died at 2.45 AM, read Life 2 if you forgot ^^)

 

"What..? What do you mean?!", your eyes grew big.

 

"Oopss sorry.. But you can't ask me about that. Well, Miss Jae, just to the point, I will tell you a bad news and good news. Which one you want to hear first?”

 

"W-what? Well.. Err. Maybe the ...bad news?”, you became very confused with that sudden question.

 

"The bad news is.. You have been punished by God because you live in full of regrets and always blaming God. And I just heard you cursing Him a few minutes ago...", Daehyun said in straight face.

 

"Huh? What are you talking about? It's nonsense.. Let's say it's true.. So, what’s wrong with that? God blame me? Why just me? Yes I did cursing God, but there are so many other people out there who cursed God much way more often than me..”, you gave him a look.

 

"Well.. That’s why.. I will just say that you have a bad luck. You tried to kill yourself in the same time with a man who died in an unfair death... So, God gave you this punishment... But you also could call this as a fate though..”, Daehyun explained.

 

Your jaw dropped and you could just laughed. You think he was just a crazy man who talked about nonsense. Besides, you were drunk and half-dreaming. So you could not differentiate between real life and dream.

 

You chuckled then said, “Wait... You said you're an angel, right? What was that again? Post Angel?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter