Life 67 – A Gift

SECOND LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“PREPARE TO DIE!!!”

L.Joe tightened his grips on the steering wheel while glaring at L through the front glass. Does he really think I don’t dare to hit him?! This crazy bastard really has to learn!

L was panting hardly in anger as he starred at L.Joe. He didn’t even blink when the bright lights from the car had the possibility to make him blind. The sound from the car’s engine was groaning like a lion through the dark silent road.

 

Zelo averted his gaze back and forth to L and L.Joe. He bit his lower lips nervously and grabbed his hair tightly. “LG! Stop playing around! Move aside!! Even though you are a half spirit, but you are still—“

 

Zelo immediately stopped when he caught L smirked. L’s face didn’t show any sign of giving up. He was fearless.

Just try to kill me if you can…

As if L.Joe could read L’s mind, he grasped on the gear and changed it onto full speed. Zelo gasped loudly when he noticed the car moved.

“LG!! NO!!”

Everything was like in slow motion for Zelo. He tried with all the strength he had to run to L as quick as he could to push him away from the car. The tears already ran down to his cheeks without he realized and he lunged his both long arms at L’s direction. L.Joe’s car was only a half-meter away from L and Zelo closed his eyes as he forced his whole body to jump and pushed L aside.

 

“LG!!!”

 

 

Zelo was breathless and he felt his head dizzy as he tried to catch for his breath. He shut his eyes tightly as he tightened his fists.

“LG…” Zelo breathed out slowly and didn’t even dare to open his eyes to see the situation occurred.

“Go away, Zelo! You are heavy!”

Zelo’s eyes opened in alarm when he heard the voice. He stared at the body lying below him and noticed it was L. He was lying down at the cold asphalt road while whining about his bruised elbows.

“Zelo! Stand up!!”

L’s words made Zelo back to his sense as he gazed at L with teary eyes.

“LG… You’re still alive…” Zelo slowly stood back up while kept staring at L.

L scoffed as he sat up. “Of course, you babo!”

Zelo blinked and a few teardrops fell from the corner of his eyes. L frowned and sighed almost immediately seeing his tears. He slightly felt guilty but he couldn’t help but chuckled to see his cute reaction.

“Don’t cry. Everything is fine. Look…” L turned his head left and right and Zelo finally looked around too.

The time has stopped.

Everything around L and Zelo were frozen like a statue. A few leaves could be seen stopped flying around and stopped at its place just like brown snowflakes in the summer.

L hissed again when he felt a stinging pain from his elbows and rubbed it slowly. “Geesh… It might leave marks if I’m not a half spirit…”

“What is actually happening?” L eyed Zelo a confused look. “You used your power again?”

Zelo shook his head but his eyes directed at something else. L furrowed his eyebrows as Zelo didn’t answer him.

“Zelo…?”

Zelo kept silent as he stared at the car in front of him. The car was stopped along with L.Joe inside it. Zelo exhaled in relief as he thanked God that the car didn’t hit L. He felt his heart sank as a scene of L being hit by a car played inside his mind.

Thanks God that the time has stopped or else LG will—

“Ya! Zelo!” L brought him back to his sense once again and pouted. “Did you hear what I said?!”

Zelo turned his head and quickly wiped his tears. “A-ah! Y-yes! Err…” He scratched his hair awkwardly.

“Why are you so stubborn!? Did you know that your Leader will punish you again if you used your power like this?!” L crossed his arms and pierced his eyes at Zelo.

Zelo blinked again and finally L’s words went inside his brain. His mouth formed an ‘O’ as he glanced at his surroundings one more time.

“No, LG! It’s not me! I don’t know anything about this!” Zelo frantically spread his both arms.

“You weren’t the one who stopped the time?” L became confused.

Zelo’s lips formed a thin line as he turned his body so that he back facing L now. His tears still didn’t stop flowing down and he grew annoyed with it.

Come on, Zelo! Stop crying! You are a strong Guardian Angel, don’t you?!

L titled his head, “Zelo…? What are you doing?”

Zelo quickly wiped away his tears again before sniffing and cleared his dry throat. “N-nothing! Ha-ha!”

He turned to face L again and formed a fake smile.

LG… You didn’t know how thankful I am that you are okay… Zelo don’t know why Zelo still feel…hurt deep inside this heart… Zelo didn’t even have a heart anymore, I mean… Zelo don’t have any heartbeat, but Zelo still feel like something just stabbed through my chest…

L approached him. “Are you sure you are okay?”

Zelo just nodded and L sighed. “Then can you tell what is exactly happening now?”

L then looked up to your window and noticed the lights still on. Did Jae already asleep by now? I hope she is…

Zelo fiddled with his fingers while pouting cutely. “Zelo really…don’t know…”

L titled his head and stared at the ‘frozen’ L.Joe inside the car. “What do you mean you don’t know? Then what happened to that bastard and this whole thing? Don’t lie, Zelo… I won’t mad if it’s you who really did it.”

Zelo’s eyes widened. “But it’s not Zelo who—“

“I did it.”

A hoarse voice cut him from behind L. Both of Zelo and L gasped when the owner of the voice clearly is seen.

“W-who are you?!” L’s eyes went bigger like golf balls.

The latter just sighed and tapped his watch. “Man… I’m so late and even use my power for something useless like this…” He rolled his eyes then stared at L. “You should control your temper or maybe learn to think before doing something, bro.”

“What?!” L gawked at him but the man just chuckled.

“What a waste of energy and time…” The man threw his complain again as he looked around his surroundings. “Should I turn on the time again?”

What the hell with this man?! Where did he come from?

L gritted his teeth and yelled. “Ya! Who are you—”

“Sehunie…”

L turned his head at Zelo who was staring at the man with wide eyes.

“Y-you know him, Zelo?!” L’s eyes were looking back and forth like a pendulum to Zelo and the man.

“Yeah… That’s my name… surprised?” Sehun gave his strong gaze as he walked approaching both of them.

 

L bit his lips as he tried to think deeply. Wait… ‘Sehun’…? Where did I heard that name earlier?

“So… Can you tell me what makes you want to ‘end’ your life?” Sehun quoted the word as he leaned in front of the car with crossed arms.

“Sehunie… What are you doing here?” Zelo looked as confused as L.

“Why? Should you thanked me for saving your beloved half spirit?” Sehun raised an eyebrow and Zelo’s face slightly turned pink.

“Hey wait… I remember your name now…” L flicked his finger. “You are Kyuhyun hyung’s guardian angel!” He pointed his finger at Sehun and the latter just smirked.

“I think you should corrected your words, bro. Don’t forget to add the word ‘ex’ in front of the words ‘guardian angel’ because… as you see…” Sehun stood up again and looked down at L since he was taller.

“I am a Scheduler for now… or in another title the ‘Angel of Death’…”

“So you are The Grim Reaper?” L was taken back a bit and then looked at Zelo. “Is he at the same level as your Leader? That Crazyno?”

Zelo only nodded and then came to Sehun. “Then… are you coming to pick on of us, Sehunie?”

Sehun laughed in a mocking tone as he clapped his hand. “Come on, Zelo… Are you really an angel? Did you know that an Angel of Death like me never can pick another angel? I mean…”

Sehun let out a deep sigh as he tapped Zelo’s shoulder. “You will never be my target, Zelo… You’d dead already. Why should I pick you?”

Zelo’s face turned somber as he stared blankly at the ground. Yeah right… So stupid… Zelo already died once… so how can I die twice…?

“And you are not going to pick me up either, right?” L suddenly interrupted.

“There’s no way I am going to be killed twice with this same and this same red ing car!” L roared in anger as he kicked L.Joe’s car.

Zelo hugged L from behind as he dragged L to stop kicking the car. “Stop it, LG!”

L pushed away his hands and then glared at Sehun. “I am not ready to be picked up if that’s what your intention to come here at this moment. But sorry no sorry, for your information, I still have 2 months or about 11 weeks and I still not fail with my missions…”

“Whoa whoa~ easy bro~” Sehun shook his head, “I didn’t come to pick up anyone of you… Like I said, why should I pick up someone who already died? I only pick up human. Can you two remember this word? Hu-man.”

Sehun then walked to L and looked down at him again. “And about the time left… You will lose about precious 1 month in no time, bro… So it’s actually going to be around 8 weeks left…?”

“What?” L and Zelo asked in unison.

“Tell me… Can you solve the rest of your missions in that short time?”

L looked at Sehun in disbelief. “What do you mean?”

“Excuse me…” Sehun leaned back with an amused face. “I told you… I am the Angel of Death and that means I am on the third level… To put it in short, I somehow can see someone’s future.”

L was about to ask him when Sehun suddenly raised a hand in front of him and raised his other hand to look at his watch.

“Oh my, oh my… Look at this… I am late, you know!” Sehun ruffled his head in frustration and stared at the dark sky as if he was looking at God.

“Damn! Can you just give me a one-day free so then I could get a chance to meet him?”

“Do you want to see Kyuhyunie?” Zelo’s words made Sehun frowned as he let out another sigh.

Yeah right… And even though I know he can’t see me anymore, I still have this longing feeling to see him for once more… And right after I finally decided to meet him today, I lost the chance…

“He just left… though…” Zelo bit his lips nervously as he noticed Sehun’s face turned sadder.

“Anyway…” Sehun shooed away his thought then looked at L again. “I will just count this moment as saving you. You owe me one favour do you understand?”

L sneered at him. “Why should we—”

Again, Sehun cut him. “Don’t tell him that I ever come and try to find him. Don’t. Ever. Promise me this and don’t ask me why…”

L blinked at him. “Hey, can you ask a favour in a more polite and decent way?”

“Promise. Me.” Sehun repeated his words.

“I didn’t ask you to save my life. So why should I?” L glared at him.

Zelo pulled L to back away a little. “LG… We really need to thank Sehunie this time because he really saved your life…”

L his lips. “I didn’t ask him to use his power and besides… he is ruining my plan!”

Sehun curled his lips into a smirk. “Fine. Why don’t you just back to your last position and then I will turn on the time again so then you can get hit just like you planned?”

“No! Don’t!!” Zelo said with pleading eyes.

“If I didn’t stop the time… You can die, young boy… Half spirit or not, you can be close enough to death if you did that…” Sehun stared deeply at L.

“I won’t die that easy.” L bawled his hands into fists. “I will live longer than you could think or than what’s written on your schedule… I swear to you or to God that I will live longer, you hear that?!”

Sehun just nodded several times and waited for L’s next words. And to his high expectation, L really continued his words but this time in a softer tone as his words heard mostly like a whisper and Sehun might didn’t hear it if he didn’t had a good ears.

“For someone I love… I need to live longer and let our love last forever…”

L closed his eyes and felt the wind breeze to his face and hair.

I promise myself not to leave Jae… forever…

Sehun’s face instantly changed. His eyes were already half-lidded as he stared into space blankly.

“In this world… What is last forever?”

L averted his gaze to Sehun and saw how his flawless face was filled with sadness and guilt. His sharp jaws slightly tightened and L could see clearly how tensed his neck muscles were as if Sehun was holding back himself so hard not to let out any tears. L also noticed how his dark brown pupils shaking as he said the words.

Sehun then continued in a weaker volume. “Nothing… Life itself doesn’t last forever, so how could the things that comes in life would last forever?”

L snickered. “Wow… I think I should quote your words… I never thought that an angel could say something like this…”

Sehun faintly groaned and was about to throw his tantrum to L when he was suddenly cut.

“I’m sorry… But I believe with myself rather than your words or anyone…”

Sehun’s eyes widened a bit by his words. He saw the smirk on L’s face and immediately chuckled. “Self confidence, huh?”

Sehun straightened his both arms up in the air then looked at L. “Okay then… You choose your own path. I will just leave now…”

“No! Wait!” Zelo became panic then grabbed L by the shoulders as he spun the boy around to face him.

“LG! You can’t let yourself to get hit by L.Joe! Even though you will not die and your wounds could be healed in just a matter of time, you still can’t! Because he would be freaked out if he see your wounds disappeared! He will notice that and your identity as a half spirit could be exposed!”

“As if it won’t be exposed if he didn’t hit him…” Sehun let out another chuckle before walking away from Zelo and L.

“Zelo! You are thinking too much!” L groaned in annoyance.

“But—LG! Please don’t!” Zelo begged again but being the thickheaded man he is, of course, L didn’t listen.

“Just start the time again. Now.” L demanded and Sehun smirked while walking.

“Nice… I like brave guy~” He then stomped his feet hardly on the ground and a spot of bright light appeared right below his feet.

Sehun smiled and waved his hand. “Good luck… And you too, An Zelo~ See you!”

Zelo was about to say something but Sehun already disappeared from his sight. Zelo gasped and quickly realized the situation as he pulled L as hard as he could to the side of the road.

L stumbled and gripped on Zelo’s shirt to keep his balance. In the next second, the time has resumed again and everything continues. L blinked as a strong wind blew through him and it was resulted from L.Joe’s car.

Zelo sighed in relief as he saw L.Joe’s car drove passed both of them in full speed.

Thanks God… I am not late…

A loud screech sound could be heard through the silent road and both Leo and Zelo covered their ears because of the loud voice. They turned their heads and noticed L.Joe’s car has been stopped about 30 meters away.

L.Joe’s body was pushed forward as he stepped on the brake hardly. He was panting and looked at the front with wide eyes. Cold sweats running down his forehead and he blinked at the steering wheel.

What am I doing?! I must be crazy!!

L.Joe gulped and peered over the front glass to look any sign of L. His heart beat faster and tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

But wait… I didn’t feel like I’ve hit something…

L.Joe stood up a bit from his seat then glanced at the road in front of him. He knitted his eyebrows as he seen nothing but dark asphalt. Wha—where the hell is he?!

“Ya!”

L.Joe heard someone yelling and turned his head to the back. He gasped loudly when he spotted L about 30 meters away behind him on the side of the road.

Wha—whattt?! How can he—is he a ghost or something?! How can he moved to the side of the road?!

L scoffed as he approaching the car.

“Yo, loser~” L stopped right at the side of L.Joe’s car window and bent down with a smirk.

L.Joe rolled down the window and stared at L with wide eyes. “How can y-you—”

“Between me and you…” L bent down more and propped his elbows on the window frame. “If there’s someone who needs to die, then it should be… you.”

L put his forefinger on between L.Joe’s eyebrows and smirked wider. “A killer like you shouldn’t live peacefully…”

L.Joe gaped at him. “K-killer?! Ya! Watch your mouth! I don’t even kill you yet!”

L nodded in amusement and leaned back to stand up right again. “Sure… And before the time comes, I will reveal everything what you did 3 months ago…” He shoved both of his hands to his pockets.

“3 months ago?” L.Joe became confused and chuckled. “Do you really think that I was the one who tried to kill you at that time?!”

L didn’t answer and just continue to glare at him. L.Joe laughed dryly as he glared back at L.

“I thought you misunderstand this, bastard… There are thousands or more people who had a red car like mine, and you know what? I think you really need to use your brain now, because you started to talk bull.” L.Joe turned off his car and then went outside.

He leaned on the door and crossed his arms. “And about what I did 3 months ago… I think you should be grateful with me because—”

“Because you took away my life by hitting me with your car.” L cut him.

A louder laugh erupted from L.Joe’s mouth. He continued to laugh for a minute and looked at him as if he was a crazy person. L lost his temper as he strode forward and grabbed L.Joe by the collar.

“What’s so funny, you bastard?! Let me tell you this! I won’t die so easily in your hands!” L’s eyes were furious and he was panting in anger.

“You can try to kill me as many times as you want, but don’t you ever try to lay a hand to my family or my friends or Jae! This is my last warning, you hear that?!”

L.Joe shoved his chest and L finally let go of him. L pointed his finger angrily at L.Joe as he continued. “I promise your life will be a living hell if you dare to do it.”

“As expected… Keep talking bull because I don’t care.” L.Joe fixed his collar, and then went back inside his car. “Then make sure you won’t run away the next time we meet… So then I can kill you for real.”

A smirk formed once again on L’s face as he looked at L.Joe in disgust. “Next time? Who wants to meet you again, huh?! I hope I will never see you—”

Before he could finish, L.Joe already sped away leaving him and Zelo alone on the dark road.

“Aishh! Ya! You bastard! I didn’t even finish my words! !” L kicked the stone on the road before cursing L.Joe under his breath.

Zelo sighed and tapped his shoulder. “LG… Zelo doesn’t think that he was the killer… Because… umm… We can’t judge him just because he hates you and had a red car. If he was really the one who killed you on that day, you shouldn’t hold a grudge or take revenge towards him.”

“You should…” Zelo bit his lips. “It’s too early to judge someone like this and we don’t have enough evidence to proof it… Zelo thinks you should forgive him…”

L scoffed at him. “Are you crazy?! You told me to forgive him?! What?!”

Zelo hung his head low and L continued to let out his anger. “How can I forgive someone like him?! You clearly heard it that he wants to kill me, Zelo! Oh God! Can you understand?”

He then stopped as he tried to catch for his breath. Zelo just stayed silent until L finally calm down a bit.

He tightened his both fists until white knuckles could be seen. “Okay… I think I will try to meet him again… but you need to help to gather some proofs to reveal his secret…”

 

--------------

 

A few days have passed and Infinite were back to their daily busy schedules. The seven of them were busy preparing for their upcoming concert and been practicing until late night.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter