Life 70 - Backstabber

SECOND LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Bring them in!"

 

“Y-ya!! Release me!!”

“Who the hell are you?! You bastard! Let go of me!!”

Roaring voices suddenly filled the room, reaching to your ears right after the back door was opened.

“O-oppa?!”

A loud gasp came out from your pinky lips as you stared at the figures kneeled down in front of you. It wasn’t only one, but two. And even though they had that black blindfold covering half of their faces, you didn’t need to think hard to recognize them.

“H-himchan oppa!? L.Joe oppa?!”

Their names echoed through the hall as you looked at them with wide eyes, surprised with their sudden appearance in the room. You weren’t the one who had the expression; in fact, Woohyun and Zelo had exactly copied your reaction.

“How come they can be here!?”

“J-jae…?” L.Joe said between his panting breaths.

“Jae-ah… Is that really y-you…?” Himchan followed right after as he tried to sway his head left and right, as if he could find where you were right now.

 

GD flicked his fingers and his bodyguards almost immediately yanked away their blindfolds at the same time. No words could came out from your mouth right now because the amount of shocks that just struck you as you just looking blankly to the 2 person that you claimed as “oppa”.

L.Joe squint his eyes as he tried to adjust to the lighting on the room. Himchan did the same. He rubbed his temples before slowly opening his eyes, welcoming the dim light to penetrate his both eyes.

“W-where are we?” Himchan frowned and he looked somehow terrified.

But when he met eyes with you, he felt somewhat relief but grew even more confused with the situation around him.

You turned your head to GD, hoping he could see the invisible big question mark above your head. GD’s lips curled into a smirk and he just winked at you with a playful chuckle followed next. Both of your eyebrows furrowed together since you didn’t get a single clue of what he was thinking about.

“Woohyun…?” Himchan finally realized another familiar presence inside the room and went confused. “Why are you here…?”

“H-hyung…” That was the only word that Woohyun could form at the time since he was shocked as well.

“W-wha—you also kidnapped Jae and Woohyun hyung?! You freak! Let us go!!” L.Joe struggling to be freed from both bodyguards who were holding his both arms tightly. “What did we do wrong to you?! Release us now!!”

His loud yells echoed to the whole room, sending shivers ran down your spine, showing that he was really angry.

Himchan eyed GD with a glare, “Do you want money!? Okay I will give you whatever you want! Just don’t lay a finger on her! Say it, what do you want?!”

Much to their surprise, the latter just let out a devilish laugh, followed by his fellow friends who did laughing loudly just like him. He then looked at Himchan with a set of threatening eyes.

“Money? Do you think I’m a beggar?”

GD then walked to Himchan and stopped right in front of him before shoving his both hands to his pockets. “I’m one of a kind, man. I’m wild, young and rich. I don’t need money from a wretch like you… What I need is…”

GD bent down his body and decreasing the distance between his face and Himchan’s face, he’s making Himchan back away a bit and gulping nervously.

“I need the truth…”

You and Woohyun exchange glances as both of you trying to fight with your complicated minds. Is this the right way to make them speak? Is this the right way to gain the truth? By force? By kidnapping them who know nothing about what was happening right now?

You decided to take steps forward, tugging on GD’s sleeve. “Oppa…”

Giving him your pleading look, you showed him that this wasn’t the right thing to do. You didn’t like the idea and you wanted him to stop. “GD oppa… Please release them. We can talk with them as friends, so we don’t need to do this…”

GD had his both eyebrows knitted together, instantly frowning at your request. “What?”

“Y-you know him?!” L.Joe gawked at you and Himchan looked exactly the same. “What the hell is happening in here?!”

“Shut up!” GD suddenly kicked Himchan’s legs making the latter groaned in pain.

You quickly grabbed GD’s arm and pulled him backwards.

 

The little bruises on L.Joe and HImchan’s arms and faces could already made you felt guilty as hell, and now you didn’t know how to apologize to them if they got hurt more.

“D-don’t! Oppa, please don’t do this!”

But GD just looked at you with an unreadable expression, showing no signs of stopping of torturing the two suspects in front of you. You could felt your eyes stung, and a droplet of tears was about to fall down from the corner of your eyes. But fortunately, a light squeeze on your shoulder made you went calmer.

You held back your tears and trailed the hand on your shoulder to see the owner. There was Woohyun with a worried look on his face.

“Please don’t use violence against them…” Woohyun said firmly to GD before he cleared his throat. “This is too cruel… Let’s just talk with them…”

“Is this too cruel for you? Have you ever thought that what had they done to your dear friend might not as compatible as what I had done to them?”

GD’s words made Woohyun freeze on the spot. He didn’t need the thickest dictionary to know to whom the words “your dear friend” that GD used. Woohyun gulped before he battled with his inner feeling.

But we still don’t know if these two were the ones who hurt Myungsoo… or… are they…?

You sighed and about to walk pass GD to help both of them, but the Big Bang’s leader rapidly grabbed your wrist and pulled you backwards, not letting you come near them.

“O-oppa! Please release them!!”

“Listen to me, Jae! If I didn’t do this, then we will lose the chance to find out the truth!”

“But—”

GD was the next one to sigh deeply as he looked at your eyes with those threatening dark orbs. “Trust me. I know what am I doing and this is the only right thing to d—”

 

BAAM!

 

Everyone inside the room flinched because of the sudden loud slam of the front door, resulting all heads turned at the furious man standing on the door.

“RELEASE THEM! GODDAMN IT!!”

Your eyes widened as big as golf balls as you couldn’t believe with the person in front of you.

“L?!”

“Let Himchan hyung go! Now!!” L roared in anger as he stormed to the middle of the room, approaching GD with those menacing eyes on his face. 

 

"DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!!"

 

“M-myungsoo!?” Woohyun and Himchan became surprised.

Even Zelo had his both eyes widened in response before he blinked it with jaw dropped low. “LG?! What are you doing here!?”

“You moron! I told you not to lay a hand on my business!!” L spat right in front of GD’s face before he bending down to check on Himchan.

“Hyung! Are you okay?!” Before L could help Himchan to stand up, the bodyguards speedily blocked his way, making him letting out an annoyed groan.

“I’m sorry, hyung… This is my entire fault. I never thought that he would bring you here and hurt you…” L’s expression was somber and guilt was all over his face.

“M-myungsoo—how can you be here?!” Himchan became even more confused.

“You should be thankful that I brought them here…” GD suddenly claimed, receiving a death glare from L. “I helped you. Even when I didn’t do this, your friend will suggest it to me soon or later though…”

“What?” L narrowed his eyes at GD. “What do you mean?” He then stared at Woohyun who immediately shook his head and frantically shook his both hands.

“Y-ya! I know nothing about this! This is not my plan…!”

“What kind of plan that you guys talking about, huh? Is this some kind of joke?!” L.Joe tried to struggle again from the bodyguards’ grip, but it just made them tightening their grips on the slim boy, leaving red marks on his elbows.

“Myungsoo… Please explain to me what is happening…” Himchan looked at L desperately, wanting an exact clarification for everything had done to him.

“It’s a long story… I’m sorry, hyung, but I promise I will bring you out from here.” L said before looking at you with a set of sad eyes, probably feeling somehow betrayed with your action.

You immediately looked down, avoiding his gaze, before you heard a loud sigh escaped from L’s mouth.

“Since the participants are all complete… Should we start now?” GD instructed his underlings to bring both suspects sat on the chairs, tied them with ropes and duck their mouth with black tape.

“Ya! Don’t hurt Himchan hyung!” L roared again but just got pulled away by GD’s bodyguards.

“Don’t touch me!!” L pushed them back before met eyes with Zelo.

Zelo! Think of Plan B! I can’t show my power to them because it would raise their suspiciousness of my ‘status’, I’m relying on you! Do something, please!

Zelo’s pupils went back and forth to L then GD before he mouthed back. “What should Zelo do? Saving those suspects first or bring Jae eonni out from here first?”

L gritted his teeth and looked at Zelo again, knowing that his guardian might understand through his “eye-talking”.

We should leave this place, but you shouldn’t bring L.Joe… I don’t care about him…

Zelo nodded and grabbed his skateboard. He was about to throw it when Daehyun suddenly halted him.

“Don’t make it worse…”

“Daehyunnie! I need to help them!”

But Daehyun just tightened his grip on Zelo’s wrist, making the younger to frown at him. Daehyun then looked at L with the most not-amused look on his face.

“Ya you, annoying Half Spirit. Why don’t you just sit back, relax and let that GD guy to help you solve your mission? You don’t have much time left, so you better shut up and let away your stubbornness.”

You looked at Daehyun before you nodded slightly at L, showing him that he should trust Daehyun for now. L stared back at you with unreadable expression before he finally gave up.

“GD oppa…” You grabbed on his arm again, making him to look at you. “Please don’t hurt them anymore… This is not what we wanted it to be…”

“But this is what we need, Jae… Just trust me with my way…” GD put a hand on top of your hand and gave it a light squeeze.

“But—”

You were about to argue again, but GD already walked away from your grasp. Top handed a big envelope to him and he let out the materials inside. His smirk never left his face when he threw all the photos to L.Joe’s face, making the boy winced.

Scattered on the floor, were those pictures of you and L when both of you were in the club.

“Have you enjoying your dirty trick?” GD snarled at L.Joe and the latter just stared confusedly at the photos on the floor. What the hell is this…?

Top crossed his arms before raised an eyebrow. “I’ve checked it. The senders of all these photos are the same. The address is directed from Teen Top’s dorm.”

L.Joe’s eyes widened and about to complain, but the tape planted on his mouth blocked his action.

“Mmmffff! Mmfff--!!”

“Do you need to say something, L.Joe-ssi?” GD lunged his arm and tore off the tape from L.Joe harshly, resulting a hissing sound from him.

“I know nothing about these photos?! There’s no way it was sent from my dorm!!”

“Whoa…” GD shook his head in amusement. “Your acting is way too brilliant… Don’t pretend like you don’t know when you were the one who did this…”

“Acting?! W-wha—ya!!” L.Joe shouted in fury. “Are you kidding me?! Who are you to accuse me as the one who sent those? Just because it was sent from my dorm, it doesn’t mean that I was the one who did that! I don’t even have any idea of Jae and L in a club!! This is the first time I see all of these photos and I’m not lying!”

GD whistled before squatting down in front of L.Joe. “What kind of rewards you would give to make us believe you…?”

“Listen… This is totally a trap…” L.Joe then looked at you, asking for help. “Jae! Don’t get me wrong! Someone must put me in this ! Trust me, I’m not that kind of person and you know it more than anyone!”

“I’m… I…” You didn’t know what to say and just lowered your head.

GD suddenly pulled out a knife from his pocket and targeted it on Himchan’s neck. “So it was him…?”

“Ya! Don’t you dare hurting him again or I swear your family couldn’t even recognize your death body later!!” L raged.

GD just chuckled and tore off the tape on Himchan’s mouth as well. “Any comments?”

“T-this is also the first time I s-see these photos…” Himchan gulped before narrowing his eyes at GD. “I’m not the one who sent it to you! This is also the first time that I met with you and your members! Someone must putting the blame on me, so please release me!!” Himchan squirming on his seat, “P-please! Release me!!”

Once HImchan finished his words, GD’s face turned shocked. Top noticed it as well before he smiled sofly. “Jiyong-ah… I guess our thoughts are the same right now…”

“Too careless…” Daehyun suddenly breathed beside you and you looked at him in confusion.

“What do you mean, Daehyunnie?” Zelo poked Daehyun’s arm, but the later just smirked and focusing his eyes at the scene in front of him.

“Hmm…” GD then placed the knife on L.Joe’s neck. “How about you? Any other comments?”

“N-no! Don’t hurt L.Joe oppa!” This time, you were the one who yelled in panic.

“You bastard… You can hurt me or kill me if you want, but I didn’t lie for everything I’ve said in this place… Just don’t get Jae involved in this and don’t hurt her…” L.Joe’s expression was beyond pissed as he glared at GD.

“I won’t leave this place unless you guys are free!!” You yelled again, making GD let out a soft chuckle.

“For your information, Jae would be the one and only person in this world that I never ever hurt… As for you, I can even kill you without blinking my eyes…” GD continued to threaten L.Joe when suddenly Himchan shouted.

“Stop playing with us! What do you want from us, huh?!”

GD instantly frowned before standing up. “I think I’ve answered that one clearly…” He then grabbed another big envelope from the desk and let out some other things from inside. He glared at Himchan before he threw all of it in front of him.

“I need the truth…” GD said as the newspaper’s cuts were now flying down to the floor, being mixed up with the photos from earlier.

GD went back to squat in front of Himchan and grabbed one piece of the newspaper’s cuts. “All of these s were provided by ‘LBH’… Sounded familiar, isn’t it?”

“LBH…” L.Joe muttered as he acknowledges that all the newspapers’ cut were about L, Infinite and some even mentioned your name on it.

“LBH…” Himchan muttered as well before gulping and turned his head at L.Joe. “Isn’t that your initials…?”

L.Joe bit his lower lips as his muscles tensed. all of this… Why the culprit used my initials for this!? !

“L.Joe-ssi… Can you explain about this familiar initial?” GD smirked while playing with his eyebrow and the boy just glared at him.

 

“I. Know. Nothing. About. All. Of. This.” He said between gritted teeth.

“Great… now even the real culprit doesn’t want to admit his sin, so when will we finish?” L glared at L.Joe. “It’s obviously you…”

“What?! You , I didn’t do anything!!” L.Joe writhe his body and glared at L this time.

“If you already found the real culprit, c-can you release me…?” Himchan pleaded to GD but he didn’t get any response.

Woohyun took a step forward before he explained, “Someone is blackmailing Myungsoo and us… We found that all of these were done by the same person; the same culprit… Based on the investigations that we’d done, the culprit is probably one of you two…”

“And you think I’m the one!? You guys are totally out of your mind!!” L.Joe stared at Woohyun in disbelief.

“One of us!? How can you guys even put me into this?! Myungsoo is like my own brother!!” Himchan let out his anger too.

“I know that someone tried to kill me on the day of my accident…” L lowered his head and his hands balled into fists. “The culprit keeps torturing my life when he found out that I’m still alive… But I believe it has nothing to do with you… So I want you to release Himchan hyung now and stop all of these ridiculous acts, stop interfering with my case!!”

“I apologize for interfering, but since this case is also related with Jae’s safety, I can’t just stay still…” GD shrugged his shoulders.

“Are you an idiot?” L.Joe furrowed his eyebrows. “Just because I hate you to death, then you thought that it was me who did all of these?! And what? Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter