Life 56 - The Nightmare

SECOND LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You gasped, “O-oppa?!”

L looked up as well and his eyes widened a bit.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY SISTER?!”, Yongguk yelled and pushed L's chest hardly until he fell to the ground.

 

“Yongguk oppa!”, you yelled and wanted to help L but your arm being pulled by Yongguk.

 

“You bastard!! How dare you put your dirty hands on my Jae?! DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!”, he yelled in anger and stormed to grab L's collar. His face was red and you could saw a burning fire in his eyes. You could even see there's smoke coming from his ears and he is ready to explode anytime soon.

 

L just sighed and chuckled. He did know this will happen soon or later and he doesn't afraid with Yongguk with the powers he had. He just smiling confidently and that made Yongguk lost his control even more. He tightened his fist and finally landed a punch to L's face.

 

“NO!! STOP!!”, you tried to separate them, but you just can't.

 

Yongguk keep hitting L over and over again. But yes, L didn't hit him back because he doesn’t want to hurt your brother with his power. He hate it seeing you sad or even cry.

 

“YONGGUK OPPA! STOP! JEBAL!”, you yelled again and you felt your eyes grew warm, ready to cry any moment.

 

“You scumbag!! How dare you hug Jae?!”, he hit L's face hardly, “You don't know how precious she is for me and I won't ever let you hug Jae again!! You bastard!! Just go to hell!!”, Yongguk let out all his anger by hitting L continuously.

 

You saw blood on L's lips and bruises all over his cheek and jaw. You gasped and stared at it in horror. No.. L... No!

You grabbed Yongguk's arm, “STOP IT, OPPA! STOP!”, but Yongguk didn't budge, “He is not the only one who hugged me! I hugged him back! You saw it, don't you?! Don't hurt him!”

 

Yongguk instantly stopped, “M-mwo..?!”, he looked at you in disbelief.

Jae-ah.. You don't have feeling with this jerk, right..? Andwae! This can't be true!

“W-what did you just said..?”, Yongguk stuttered.

 

You inhaled deeply and yelled, “I said don't hurt him!!”

 

And that's hit Yongguk mentally.

.. This is the first time I feel so insecure.. Why do I feel.. Like Jae has been stolen by him..? Whoever he is, I can't ever let him to have my baby Jae. I can't lose her.. Not anymore..

Yongguk stopped from hitting L and stood up slowly, taken back a bit by your words.

 

L was coughing blood and his sight started to get blur.

Geeshh Zelo.. What are you doing at a time like this? It's hurt even though I know it will be healed soon.. Damn!

 

Your body started trembling and you felt your heart hurt seeing L bleeding, injured.

“L!”, you approached him, “Omo! Y-you're bleeding! Eottoke??!”, you are in the verge of crying and you quickly open your bag to grab tissue. You helped him to wipe his blood while L just gave you a weak smile and mouthed 'I'm okay' to you.

You then glared at your brother who was now looking at you with unreadable expression.

 

“You're too much, oppa! How can you hurt him?! Why it always been like this? Wae?!”, you stood up and glared at Yongguk, “Why I can't hug any other men? Wae?! It doesn't even make sense! The way you care about me is just abnormal! Now I believe what others said when they called you as a crazy brother!!”

You grew mad to your brother to hurt L so bad, but still you can't say that you already dating with L. It will just make it even worse.

 

Yongguk shook his head, “No, Jae.. P-please don't think about me that way.. Oppa is just-”

 

“GO AWAY!!”, you snapped at Yongguk looked shocked. You went back to L and help him to stand up, “Are you okay? Can you still walk?”

 

L nodded, “Yes.. Don't worry..”, he said while gave you a smile and holding his pain.

 

You sighed, “Please leave this place now.. I don't want you to be hurt anymore..”, you whispered the last parts.

 

L smirked, “I'm totally okay.. No need to be scared, Jae.. I'm not a weak man that will give up just because of this..”. You looked at him with a smile and your eyes grew teary since you worried about him so much. L made a face, “Don't cry...”, he whispered, “I'm really fine.. It's not even hurt at all.. You know that I'm not an ordinary person, right?”, he winked at you and chuckled.

 

Yongguk who saw this became rigid once more and he felt his inside boiling so madly. You smiled to L, “Okay.. I believe you..”

 

“I will be fine soon.. My wounds will disappeared in no time..”, he grinned.

 

“Ya ya ya! Stay away from my sister!”, Yongguk yelled.

 

L smirked while shaking his head, “What a childish brother...”

 

“What did you say?!”, Yongguk pissed, “Ya you ! Get rid of that smirk before I did it for you!!”

 

“Do it then.. Just do it as much as you want..”, L chuckled, “I won't hit you back since I respect Jae.. You should know that I'm not doing anything wrong with your sister.. I hug her because- auchh!”

 

You pinched his waist and glared at him. Don't you dare telling my brother about our relationship! Babo!

 

“Ya! What's happening here?!”, Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows being confused with your action, “What are you two hiding from me??!”, he grew mad.

 

“Oppa!”, you gave him a look, “Jebal! Stop yelling or the whole neighborhood will get angry with us! And you!”, you looked at L, “Just go back quickly and don't do something stupid.. Just let me talk with my brother..”

 

Yongguk became more confused, “I don't understand.. Why you suddenly being nice to him?! Last time I know, you hate him and-”

 

“And maybe you hate someone yesterday, but you will never know if you can also fall in love with that someone today.. Right, Jae?”, L continuing Yongguk's words and winked at you.

 

You blushed and grew stiff. Yongguk tigthen his fist, “YA YOU JERK-”

 

You back to sense and quickly hold Yongguk for not hitting L again, “Stop oppa! Don't use violence anymore! And don't force me to hit you as well! Just stop!”

 

Yongguk looked at you and gulp. He tried to hold his anger. He yanked your hands away and looked away being annoyed.

 

You sighed and push L's back to his car, “Please just go back to your dorm now.. Don't make things worse.. I will talk to my brother.. Just let me handle it.. Okay?”

 

L suddenly grabbed both of your hands, “I won't be a loser and leave you alone.. We should face it together.. If we're really in lov-mmfff!”, you quickly covered his mouth and mouthed 'hajima' to him.

 

“Don't you dare to say that words in front of him..”, you glanced at Yongguk.

I'm still not ready to tell him yet and I know he will just turn into a crazy person if I do.. I don't want him to do something stupid to you or to himself as well..

You just wished L will be understand by looking into your eyes. He sighed and huffed.

 

He looked at your eyes as well and as if he was sending back your telepathy.

Fine.. I promise you anyway.. I will just let go for today.. But next time, I won't just stay still..

 

You nodded as if you got what he thought and pushed him to his car, “Now go..”

L sighed and open his car to leave this scene, “Okay.. I'm leaving now..”, he gave you a smile before went to his car. He looked at Yongguk and gave a slight bow before closing his door.

 

“Jerk..”, Yongguk mumbled, “That guy with one letter name.. He will surely get nightmares start from today..”

 

After L left, you gave Yongguk a look. He avoided your eyes and you grabbed his hands, “Oppa.. Can you stop being over protective with me? I'm all grown up now! I just want you to stop giving me a big pressure with your bad temper to all people around me.. I don't like it!”, you threw a tantrum to him.

 

Yongguk sighed, “Jae-ah.. I'm just-”, he lost his words for explanation. He looked at your mad face and he grew sad.

There's a big reason why I'm always been like his to you.. One day, you will understand why and I hope you can accept it..

 

“Okay.. Let's just go inside..”, you dragged him inside and Yongguk followed with a sigh.

 

No one even realized that there's someone who watched the whole scene secretly from the corner of the street.

 

---------------------------------------

 

L arrived at his dorm and all his wounds already healed. He put off his shoes while humming a song. Even though he was being hit by Yongguk before, he still couldn't deny the fact that he is the happiest guy in the world now, after you accepting his feelings.

 

Suddenly he felt a bad aura around him and he shivered. He looked up to find s' gloomy face on the living room.

 

“Yo, what's up?”, L greeted them happily, “Hm? Where is Hoya hyung and Sunggyu hyung?”

 

“Oh! You're back, hyung!”, Sungjong said.

 

“What happened? What's with the gloomy faces? You guys seem upset..”, L sat on the sofa. Everyone looked at each other and just sighed deeply.

 

L raised an eyebrow, “What's going on? Ya Yeol.. Tell me..”, he poked Sungyeol's cheek.

 

“It's a really bad day..”, Sungyeol sighed, “We just watched Sunggyu hyung on TV.. He said that he is enjoying his solo rather than his activities as a group.. Besides, he also mentioned about his planning to continue his solo..”

 

“It's just too unfair!! He is our leader, right? How can he say that? Our manager also said that he already preparing a new single and will do a comeback next month..”, Sungjong huffed, “It means.. Infinite's comeback will be delayed again!”, Sungjong crossed his arms.

 

“And it means.. We will be stuck in the dorm until next month as well.. Jobless..”, Dongwoo tighten his fist, “Damn it..”

 

L blinked, “Hmm.. So that's why you all seem upset..”

 

Sungjong gasped, “Ya hyung! How can you not even worried or mad? What's wrong with you?!”

 

L chuckled and smiled, “What should I do then? I just don't want to ruin my good mood because of something like that.. In fact, Sunggyu hyung has his own choice.. I believe that even we postpone our comeback, Infinite is still inseparable..”, L leaned his back to the sofa, “Sunggyu hyung will never betray us.. You guys do know about that, right? So what's with the gloomy faces? Get rid of it...”

 

Woohyun shook his head, “I think so...”, he then eyed L, “Then tell us why are you in a good mood? Mind to share?”, he grinned.

 

L smiled from ear to ear, “Thanks God that you're asking, hyung.. Actually I-”

Ya Kim Myungsoo.. You should be careful.. These guys can't know about my relation with Jae ...yet. And I already promised Jae too.. Hmm.. I should be patient..

 

Dongwoo looked at him as well, “Why did you stop? What kind of good news is that?”

 

L cleared his throat, “Well.. It's a good news for me, but I don't think it's a good news for you all.. Especially...”, he then looked at Woohyun.

 

Woohyun grew confused, “Wae? Just tell us! You make me curious!”

 

L laughed awkwardly, “N-nothing! I just met Himchan hyung and have some talk with him.. I just feel happy with that..”, he lied.

 

Woohyun grew suspicious, “Really? Only that?”. L nodded, “Yes!”

 

Sungyeol pouted, “Ya Kim Myungsoo! You even never ask me to go together with you! Why it's always been Himchan hyung? You brat!”, he hit L lightly.

 

L stuck his tongue out, “Because he is like my own brother and my childhood friend.. Of course he is special for me..”

 

“And talking about friend.. Where is Hoya hyung? Is he also go out with his friend?”, Sungjong asked.

 

“Is he already out since morning?”, L asked and Sungjong nodded.

 

Woohyun glanced at the clock, “I hope there's nothing bad happen to him.. You know that he always do something out from his mind.. Remember when we were in Jeju and he lost by himself?”, Woohyun sighed, “We're looking for him like crazy, but he was just smiling like an idiot..”

 

Someone suddenly open the door and appeared on the living room, “Yo!”, he greeted.

 

“Hoya hyung!”, Sungjong and Sungyeol shouted together.

 

“Hoya? Unfortunately not.. Where is that kiddo at this hour?”, Sunggyu said while walking to the sofa to sit beside L, “You all remember Hoya but not me? Thanks a lot..”, he mocked while leaning on the sofa being tired.

 

Everyone just stared at each other and ignored him. Meanwhile L just chuckled and shook his head.

 

“What's with the gloomy face?”, Sunggyu asked as well, “Is that because I'm not Hoya? Aishh jinjja...”, he then stood up and walked to his room, “I am so tired.. I will sleep first.. Good night guys..”, Sunggyu yawned.

 

“Wait hyung..”, Sungjong called him, “Shouldn't you say something to us? I mean.. Explain..”

 

“Hm? About what?”, Sunggyu rubbed his eyes, “I even too tired to talk, Sungjong-ah.. I will talk to you guys tomorrow, okay?”

 

“Are you sure that you will have time to talk with us tomorrow? Super star Kim Sunggyu-ssi?”, Woohyun mocked him, “Okay then... Just do whatever you like.. You don't even have any feelings anymore to be a part of Infinite..”

 

Sunggyu turned his head, “Mwo? Ya! What do you mean? Don't you think your words are too much?”

 

Dongwoo added, “Woohyun is right.. How could you sleep at this time? Don't you worried about Hoya who still not coming back yet? Too selfish, huh? Don't you remember that you are the leader of this group?'

 

Sunggyu scoffed, “Now you are joining him too, Dongwoo-ya?”, he glared at Woohyun and Dongwoo, “I believe that Hoya is fine.. He is all grown up and he is a man.. No one will ever hurt him because his ghost-friends will protect him..”, Sunggyu sighed, “Besides.. Shouldn't you guys apologize to me for shouting to a person who is older than you?!”

 

Woohyun and Dongwoo just glared at him back and the situation turned to awkward. Sungyeol could just bit his nails while Sungjong just closing his eyes being frustrated. L also stayed quiet, didn't know what to say or do in a tense situation like this. He then just took out his phone and text you, deciding to not interfere with his hyungs.

 

Sungyeol whispered to him, “Ya L.. What should we do..?”, L didn't answer him and just keep busy texting you. Sungyeol gasped after he saw L smiling like an idiot while texting something on his phone.

 

Sunggyu exhaled deeply, “Tch.. I'm too tired to fight with you.. Let's just talk again tomorrow.. I'm going to sleep..”, he said before slamming his room's door hardly.

 

Woohyun and Dongwoo could only just sigh while Sungjong pouting, not liking this kind of scene even a little bit.

 

L's phone rang and it was a reply from you. He quickly read it and smiled widely.

Yongguk oppa already sleep.. I think we need more time to make him understand.. He is maybe rude, but he is still the only one brother I had in this world and I love him as my family.. You can understand, right? :)

And how about your wounds? Already healed? T-T

From: Partner

 

L quickly replied your message.

I'm okay.. You know that I'm a strong guy, right? ㅋㅋ

Don't worry too much about me :)

No matter what, your brother should learn to be a good guy and a better brother at the same time.. He should change himself for his own good.. Don't you think?

From: Zombie L

 

Okay I believe you.. Take a good rest, okay?

And please don't tell anyone about our relationship. It's not only about my brother, but i'm worried it will be a big problem since you are an idol as well...

From: Partner

 

Babo.. Don't think too much and go to bed.. Just rest and dream about me, hm? ㅋㅋㅋ

Thank you for everything today, Jae.. Good night and sleep well..

I love you <3

From: Zombie L

 

Arasseo.. You too, sleep well.. My Zombie L <3

From: Partner

 

L giggled by himself. Aishh this girl.. How can he still call me with zombie.. Well at least I will forgive you this time since you add 'my'..

Sungyeol who peeked all the text message yelled, “Ya Kim Myungsoo.. You-”

 

L gasped after finally he realized that Sungyeol was beside him, “D-did you read my m-messages??!”

 

“What's wrong?”, Dongwoo said.

 

Sungyeol grinned, “I finally know why L smiling all this time! He’s already dat- auchh!”

L pinched Sungyeol's arm secretly and glared at him. Don't tell them!!

 

Sungyeol blinked and tried to understand L's stare. L used his power to read his mind.

Don't tell me this two are planning to hide their relationship from everyone! Geesh.. But well.. I'm fine to keep this secret for now, Kim Myungsoo.. But you better treat me very well..

 

L rolled his eyes. Damn you, Yeol.. How dare you peek my messages! ! I'm sorry Jae, I can't hold my promise.. But I believe Lee Sungyeol can shut his mouth as long as I treat him well..

“I will treat you.. So, don't tell anyone..”, L whispered to Sungyeol and he grinned.

 

Sungyeol then looked at Dongwoo and laughed, “HAHAHA! N-no! Nothing! It's just there's mosquitos bite me! Look!”, he tried to lie by clapping his hands, pretending that there's a mosquito.

 

“Geeshh Lee Sungyeol.. It's just a mosquito.. Please don't yell next time..”, Woohyun rolled his eyes.

 

Right after Woohyun finished his words, Hoya came back to the dorm and surprised all of them. "Hoya hyung!", Sungjong yelled.

 

Hoya looked so tired and his face was red. He was drunk and smiling like an idiot to all s. He then spotted L at the living room and he gasped.

 

L approached him and was about to grab his shoulder, “Ya hyung.. Are you drunk?”

 

Hoya quickly pushed him and stumbled backwards, ”Don't touch me!”

 

Woohyun and Dongwoo ran to grab his body before landing to the floor.

“Ya! Are you okay? You are sweating a lot..”, Woohyun said.

 

“Hyung.. Why are you drunk? It's rare to see you like this..”, Sungjong also approached him.

 

Hoya then pointed to L with trembling hand, “Y-you.. Kim Myungsoo.. You're really something.. H-how can that happen?! Just tell me! WHAT ARE YOU??!”, he yelled and everyone flinched because of his voice.

 

Dongwoo shook his head, “Don't mind him.. He's drunk.. Just take him to his room..”

 

L looked at Hoya who was now being dragged to his room by Woohyun and Sungyeol. L gulped and he grew nervous, “I got a bad feeling about this..”

 

-----------------------------------

 

L looked at the bunny doll that you gave him laying on his bed. He instantly remembered about Zelo and was wondering why Zelo didn't appear to him again after what happened on the rooftop this evening. He grabbed it and sat on his bed, “Ya you.. Bunny Zelo.. It's really a long day, right..”, he patted the bunny's head, “Where are you Zelo....?”

 

He looked around his room and tried to call Zelo, “Zelo-ya.. Are you still mad at me? Where are you?”, he clapped his hands 3 times. L furrowed his eyebrows since Zelo not appear on his room. He tried again but still no response. He still all alone in his room. L sighed and yelled, “Zelooo!!”

 

Still no answer. L ruffled his hair, “Aishh jinjja! Where is he?! Is he really mad at me?! Babo!”, he then punched the bunny doll. L was laying down to his bed and starred at the ceiling. He sighed deeply then started smiling after he remembered when you were crying while hugging him before.

 

“That girl.. Babo.. How can she think that I really will jump down.. I just want to test my power anyway..”, he then smiled wider, “But she is so cute.. I wonder what if I really die.. Will she crying like that too..?”, his smile then vanished. He touched his chest and he could felt his own heartbeat, “This heartbeat.. Is this real..?”, he then close his eyes, “No.. Of course it's not real.. I'm a dead person after all...”

 

After a few minutes of silent, L could felt his cheek grew wet, “W-wha-”, he open his eyes to realize that he was crying, “W-why am I crying..?”

 

He quickly wiped his tears, “No matter what.. I should get my second life.. I will finish all of this missions..”, he then looked at the calendar on his night desk, “3 months left...”, he then tighten his fist, “I can.. I can finish all of the missions...”, he close his eyes again and fell asleep.

 

-------------------L's Dream----------------

 

It was dawn, rain fell so hard, the weather was extremely cold and the dark sky suits the silent road very well. L drove his beloved black car through the road with constant speed. He was wearing a formal black suit and there were some presents from his fans on the back seat. L was enjoying the song from the radio, humming while driving, after Infinite won #1 place on a music show called M!Countdown.

 

L was smiling from ear to ear when he took a glance at the bouquet and the trophy, laying on the seat beside him.

Hyung.. Wait until you see this and I bet you will be extremely happy.. Finally I won! Infinite won! I really want to hear you said 'congratulations' to me and also say that you are proud with me.. Proud of Kim Myungsoo... Just wait for me, hyung..

 

With the thoughts, L drove even faster with a happy feeling. He spotted a red traffic light so he stopped. He glanced outside the cold-dark road and sighed. The road is very silent.. It's already late anyway...

Suddenly, there's a very bright light came from the right. L turned his head and he squeezed his eyes since it's too bright to be seen. And that's when he realized that it was a car's light. His eyes widened and he tried to drive his car, but it's all too late.

 

BUMP!!

 

Such a loud sound! The car hit L's car so badly. L's car has been pushed and rolled to the left. L started to feel pain from his body. His head was heavy and he couldn't see anything clearly. He started to open his eyes slowly only to see broken pieces of glasses scattered around him. He could felt the warmth came from the fire from the broken machine, a strong smell of gas, and the drops of his own blood became one with the cold raindrops.

L groaned in pain when he felt his legs broke. He couldn't move his legs or even his hands. He tried to scream because of the sting pain he got, but his voice won't come out. He looked at the car which just hit his car and he tried to identify the driver.

There's someone there! Who is that?! Why that person hit me with his car?

L gritted his teeth and tried to lift his body a bit to get a better view of the driver. He hold his pain and groaned loudly. He then saw the driver turned off the car's light. L could felt his body already trembling, but he knew he just can't die now, not before he saw the driver. He squinted his eyes and stared at the person in front of his eyes.

W-who are you....?

The driver then turned his head so then L finally could saw the face clearly. L's eyes widened in horror and he saw the driver's face. The driver was sitting inside his own car with a smile described from his eyes. The driver was wearing a mask and looked straight to L. L gasped loudly when he finally realized the driver's identity.

 

Jung Daehyun.....?

 

The driver opened his mask and smirked at L. He then made a pistol shape with his fingers and pointed it to L, “Bang! You're dead...”

 

L felt his heart hurt really bad, “H-how.. How could y-you-”

 

Daehyun then pull back his car and left the place. Leaving L all of his own on the dark road.

 

L felt his tears ran down to his cheek, even though he couldn't differentiate the raindrops with his own tears anymore. He also could felt his heart beating even faster and the blood started to cover his sight, “N-no...”, he said with trembling voice. He change his gaze to the falling roses and the broken trophy near him. He tried to reach his throphy but he can’t grab it. He then tried to open his seat belt, but he can’t. He’s trapped!

He then tightened his fists and tried to scream with all the powers left on his body, “NO!! ANDWAEE!!!!!”

 

--------------End of L's dream------------

 

“ANDWAEE!!!!”, L screamed with his eyes suddenly flung open. He was panting hard and he could felt his heart beating so fast. He looked around him only to find that he still inside his room and on his own bed. He sat up and gulped. He was sweating a lot and he tried to catch his own breath. He looked up at the window, and it was still dawn.

L tighten his fist, “W-what... What was that...?”. He felt very hard to breath.

He then wiped the sweats on his forehead and sighed. Damn.. What a bad dream... Why should I dream about my car accident 3 months ago.. But why-

 

He rubbed his eyes and face palm himself, tried to get over with his own dream. Stop it, Kim Myungsoo.. It's just a dream...

He then looked at the moon outside from his window. A black shadow suddenly flashed through L and his eyes grew big, “YA! Who's that?!”, he became panic.

He caught a figure of someone on the corner of his room, but he couldn't see since his own room was too dark, so he only could saw the silhouette that stood there with crossed arms.

 

“Ya! Who are you?!! Don't scare me! I'm not scared you know! Show me yourself!!”, L then grabbed his phone and the phone's light and beamed it to the shadow's feet. L gulped and finally beamed it slowly upwards to his face.

 

“EOMMAYA! It's too bright!! I can't see anything!!”, finally the shadow answered.

 

L gasped and the shadow continued, ”I really can't see anything, LG! Turn it off! What are you doing?! It's Zelo!!”, Zelo yelled while trying to cover his face from the light with his skateboard.

 

"Ze-zelo? Is that you?", L exhaled deeply and finally turned off his phone's light.

 

Zelo sighed and flicked his finger to turn the lights on, “Yeah it's me! Who can come to your room without opening the door except Zelo?”, Zelo pouted and sat on the chair.

 

L ruffled his hair, “Don't do something like this ever again.. Especially at dawn.. An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter