Life 48 - Heartquake

SECOND LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

L.Joe's eyes grew big, “Jung ...Daehyun?”

 

You gulped waiting for his answer. You didn't know what to react if L.Joe really knows Daehyun. You looked at his expression and when you're about to talk, L.Joe suddenly rolled his eyes and chuckled.

 

“I guess not.. Who is he? Why you suddenly ask about that name to me?”, L.Joe looked confused.

 

You blinked your eyes, “Y-you.. Err.. You really don't know about him? I mean...at all? Jinjja..?”

 

L.Joe just nodded while staring at you with confusion. You titled your head and furrowed your eyebrows, “Hmm.... That's weird..”

 

“Waeyo?”, L.Joe asked you, “Who is he, Jae-ah?”, he focused his eyes on the road.

 

You laughed awkwardly, “Ha-ha-ha.. Nothing, oppa.. Just someone I know.. I'm just asking if you ever meet a fan with a name like him.. Ha-ha-ha..”, you gulped. Please L.Joe oppa don't ask me any further!!

 

“Hm? A fanboy?”, L.Joe raised an eyebrow, “Hahaha.. Well, that's sounds weird.. But that's not a bad news though..”, he laughed.

 

You smiled too.

Hmm.. If L.Joe oppa doesn't know about Daehyun, then why Daehyun always seems like he knows him?! It's confusing!

You sighed deeply and looked out the window. Himchan's face suddenly ran through your mind and a light bulb appears inside your mind.

Aha! Maybe Himchan oppa know Daehyun! He could hear the sound of Daehyun's coin, right? Okay then, I will just ask him once I meet him again..

 

"Jae-ah?", L.Joe tapped your shoulder.

 

"Hm?", you smiled, looking at L.Joe.

 

"What are you thinking about? You look anxious..", L.Joe said.

 

You shook your head, "Nothing~ Don't worry, oppa..", you said.

 

L.Joe stared at you worriedly.

There's no way I'm not worried about you.. You are hiding something from me, Jae.. And I know it.. Jung ...Daehyun? Who's that man? Why Jae ask me about him? Damn.. I have a bad feeling about this...

 

---------------------------------------

 

Sunggyu looked at L in confusion, “Ya! What's wrong? Who called you?”

 

L's body started trembling, “I-it's... M-moonsoo..”, then his eyes grew teary. He could felt his body was cold as ice and his hands trembling more. His mind goes blank for a while and he just stared blankly to the front with teary eyes.

 

“Moonsoo? What did he say? Is something wrong?”, Sunggyu then stood beside L and grabbed L's shoulder, “M-myungsoo-ya.. You look so pale.. Are you okay?”

 

“I.. I-I.. I need to go back home.. N-now.. I will skip today's schedules..”, he then rushed inside his room.

 

Sunggyu got surprised, “Ya! What do you mea- Ya!”, Sunggyu blinked his eyes, “What's exactly going on?! Aisshh this kid! What's wrong with him?!”, he grew more confused.

 

“Eommaya! Did you see that, Daehyunie?! LG looks so shocked! What happened to him?”, Zelo grew panic.

 

"Oops.. Finally the time has come...", Daehyun smirked.

 

“You-”, Zelo's eyes grew big, “You know something, right?! You always know better than Zelo! You are full of secrets! And that's not good for our angel's kingdom, Daehyunie!”, Zelo pouted.

 

“What? Angel's kingdom? Ya you- Aishh!”, Daehyun then just made a face to Zelo

 

-----------------------------------

 

L came out from his room and found s already gathered around in the living room.

 

Hoya looked at his watch, “Ya, you almost late, Myungsoo-ya.. Our manager will come to pick us in 5 minutes and you-”, Hoya stopped his words after he looked at L's pale face while his hand holding a bag. All of them looked at L with a confuse expression.

 

“Wow.. You bring a bag? It's not like you..”, Sungyeol yelled.

 

“Ya Myungsoo! Are you in your right mind now? We are going to perform live today and definitely not travelling.. What's with that bag?”, Dongwoo pointed to L's bag.

 

Sunggyu grew worried, “Myungsoo-ya.. Was that Moonsoo who called you before? You really go?”

 

"Mwo? Moonsoo called?", Sungyeol asked.

 

"What do you mean hyung? Myungsoo hyung wants to go? Where to go?", Sungjong stared at Sunggyu.

 

“Meolla! This kid just got a call from i-assume-Moonsoo.. He then looked so shock and then he said that he wanted to skip today's schedules.. Now he bring a bag..”, Sunggyu looked at L, “Ya! What's wrong with you? Just tell us!”, Sunggyu shook L's body.

 

Woohyun who still mad at L, still couldn't deny that he still care for L. He looked worried as well and furrowed his eyebrows seeing L's weird action.

 

"Eommaya LG! What's wrong?!", Zelo went behind L along with Daehyun.

 

L sighed deeply and finally put his bag on the floor, “Fine I will tell you all..”, he glanced at Daehyun then looked to s, “My parents.. They got into an accident..”, L's voice sounds really sad.

 

“MWO?!”, everyone looked so shocked including Zelo. Zelo looked at Daehyun's calm face and grew more confused. Is Daehyunie already know that this thing going to happen?!

 

“A car hit them when they both rode a motorcycle in the street market.. Moonsoo said they are now in the hospital and he is now waiting for the doctor to get out from the operation room.. He's waiting for me to go there now!”, L shouted being emotional.

 

Sungyeol face palmed himself, “Oh my God! Why this should happened to ajumeoni and ahjussi!”

 

“I need to go now.. Sorry guys, but I have no choice.. I have to skip all the schedules today..”, L said while grabbing his bag on the floor.

 

“O-okay.. But we will go with you too!”, Sungyeol yelled.

 

“No! We can't! We already signed the contract and we need to do all the schedules today.. None of you should skip except for Sunggyu hyung who have his personal schedule! It's better if it's only me who will get scolded by manager hyung than he scold all of us later!”, L said.

 

Sungjong became sad, “But hyung-”

 

“No, Sungjongie.. No buts...”, he then walked to the door.

 

“Ya Kim Myungsoo! Wait, I will go with you!”, Sungyeol followed L to the door when suddenly Woohyun stopped him by grabbing his arm, “Just go.. Let us know if you need our help..”, Woohyun said while looking at L.

 

L nodded, “Gomawoyo hyung..”, he then left as fast as he can.

 

“LG~~! Wait! Wait! Zelo will go with you!”, Zelo ran to L while dragging Daehyun who already sending daggers to Zelo from inside his mind.

 

“Hyung! Myungsoo's parents are also our parents! We can't just let him go by himself and suffering alone!”, Sungyeol shouted at Woohyun.

 

Woohyun released his grasp from Sungyeol, “I know. But we can't let Myungsoo blamed himself if we skipped our schedules today.. We will just get scolded by manager hyung.. So, all we can do know is praying and waiting for further info from him, arasseo?”, Woohyun said.

 

Sunggyu sighed, “Woohyun's right..”, he then looked at the members, “Ya kids, our manager almost arrive.. Let's focus on our schedules now.. Oh! Just beg to our manager to understand about L's condition, okay?”

 

Hoya nodded, “We understand.. But you still not go with us, hyung?”

 

“I told you guys that I have my own schedule, right?”, Sunggyu raised an eyebrow.

 

Hoya nodded again, “Okay then.. Enjoy yourself..”, he glared at Sunggyu and left the dorm.

 

“Ya Lee Howon! What's with that glare, huh?”, Sunggyu grew annoyed.

 

“We're leaving first, hyung.. See you!”, Dongwoo tapped his shoulder and went out as well. The other members also left the dorm for their schedules.

 

------------------------------------

 

L was still waiting for a taxi in front of the apartment.

“LG! Don't worry! Zelo will accompany you!”, Zelo said.

 

“Why should you? Do you think you can heal my parents?”, L looked annoyed.

 

Zelo shook his head, “Err.. No....”

 

“So what? You can turn back the time and make the accident won't happen??”, L asked.

 

Zelo shook his head again, “No.. You know.. Zelo's power is gone and-”

 

“So don't interfere with my business!!”, L yelled. No, Zelo.. I won't trouble anyone...

 

Zelo got shocked and just pouted his mouth. Daehyun just looked away being annoyed.

 

After a while, L finally looked at Zelo and said in low voice, “Don't follow me.. You guye better help me to tell Bang Yoonjae that I need to cancel our meeting today.. Don't tell her about my parents.. That babo will definitely worried.. Just say I'm busy with my schedules..”

 

"You told angels to tell lie? So funny...", Daehyun rolled his eyes.

 

"You can tell it to Jae eonni by yourself, LG.. Just call her... Zelo will go with you and-", Zelo stopped his words after a taxi came and L quickly went inside.

 

Before he close the door, L mouthed, “Don't tell Jae about this..”, then he left both of them with the taxi.

 

“Tch! That selfish half spirit! He doesn't even let us to go with him.. Just see.. He will regret it..”, Daehyun glared.

 

Zelo looked at Daehyun with suspicious eyes, “Daehyunie! You already know about this, right?! You knew that LG's parents will get into accident from the beginning.. You told use the clues are 'old' and 'blood', right? It's definitely about LG's parents who are now in the hospital!”

 

Daehyun just looked away. So stupid....

 

Zelo tighten his fists, "How dare you! How can an angel letting humans got into accident!”

 

Daehyun made a face, "I'm not a guardian angel, or even God.. I can't save people.. My duty is ONLY deliver the message.. I'm a postman angel, remember?"

 

"But still! Too bad, Daehyunie!! You're bad!! Your clues make us think that Gyujiji is the target for this mission! But why-”, Zelo sighed, “Why suddenly LG's parents?!”, Zelo yelled.

 

Daehyun couldn't hold his anger anymore. He gritted his teeth and glared at Zelo, “YAA!!”, he then shouted, “I mean 'old' is for parents.. That's right, but for 'blood' it means 'blood related' and not accident! The clues from me mean family! I just know the target for that selfish half spirit's missions! But I never know about the accident, okay?! That's all!”, Daehyun exploded.

 

“Gyujiji is old too! And he even bleeding too before!”, Zelo said.

 

“You guys were the one who made that stupid assumption and NOT ME! My clues are directed to his parents.. That's it!”, Daehyun grew mad.

 

Zelo gritted his teeth, “Why don't you tell us from the beginning then?! If you tell us earlier, LG's parents will not-”

 

“Tch.. I can't say it.. I want to release myself from this damn handcuff too! But the leaders will kill me if I say it before you and that half spirit find it out by yourselves..”, Daehyun sighed, “It's not like I don't want to help..”, he said in a very low voice.

 

Zelo glared at Daehyun, “So.. Is it true that you don't know anything about LG”s parents' accident at all?”

 

“What's with that glare, you dumbhead?! I said I DON'T KNOW! I never lie.. Lie is not my style..”, Daehyun scoffed.

 

Zelo raised an eyebrow, “Jinjja? But you still full of secrets..”

 

“Whatever!”, Daehyun crossed his arms. This dumb guardian angel become more and more dumb days by days! Secrets are different with lies.. Tch..

 

Zelo sighed, “Daehyunie! If Zelo have powers now, Zelo will tell you a lesson to be a good kid!”, he pointed a finger in front of Daehyun's face.

 

“Put aside your finger or I will burn your with a fire later!”, Daehyun shouted.

 

“Zelo have water power! Don't you get it yet, Daehyunie? Zelo is stronger than you!”, Zelo stomped his feet to the ground several times.

 

“You!”, Daehyun grew annoyed but then he sighed deeply, “Stop it.. It's not a time to fight, okay? Even though I can't handle how much I always to make you disappear from my face!”

 

Zelo then pouted his lips, “You're right.. It's not a good time for fighting..”, he then looked at Daehyun, “I wonder why you hate Zelo that much, Daehyunie...”

 

Daehyun just stayed quiet and looked away.

 

"According to Zelo's research, you're definitely envy with Zelo since Zelo 1000 times way cuter than you.. Zelo also stronger than you even though Zelo is younger than you~ “, Zelo sticking out his tounge, “Well.. Zelo can't blame you since Zelo got an English name from leadernim while you don't... And Zelo know that these words are 99% true~”, Zelo whistling after he finished his words.

 

Daehyun could just hold his anger inside and tighten his fists. He could just glare at Zelo and gritted his teeth. Zelo looked at him with a big smile then he clapped his hands, “Okay then~ Where should we go now, Daehyunie? Jae eonni's house?”, Zelo blinked his eyes several times.

 

“Tch..”, Daehyun looked away, “No. We go to her college..”

 

Zelo complained, “But what if she doesn't go to college today and-”

 

“I said go.to.her.college! Just follow me!”, Daehyun said.

 

“But how to go there?”, Zelo confused.

 

Daehyun sighed, “Nice question...”

 

Zelo's eyes suddenly stared at 'something' that just stopped in front of both of them. He then smirked and looked at Daehyun with sparkling eyes. Daehyun looked at him and got a bad feeling.

 

“No! NO I WON'T! Don't tell me you ask me to go with THAT?!”, Daehyun yelled.

 

Zelo smirked, “Like it or not.. We don't have any choices, Daehyunie..”

 

“YAAA!”, Daehyun got dragged by Zelo.

 

-------------------------------------

 

You and L.Joe just arrived at college. You looked at the gate and gasped after you saw Zelo and Daehyun standing there.

 

“See, dumbhead? Like what I said, she is in college.. What if we go to her house just like you suggested before?”, Daehyun pointed at you.

 

“Eommaya! Jae eonni! You really have a good vision, Daehyunie! But how can you know everything before it happens? You have sixth sense?”, Zelo asked.

 

Daehyun just ignored his question and looked at you and L.Joe with deep eyes. You gulped since you couldn't say anything to them since L.Joe was standing beside you.

Omo! Why are they here? Is that zombie force them to leave?!

You then gave a sign to Zelo and Daehyun to follow you.

 

-------------------------------------

 

You whispered to L.Joe that you wanted to go to the toilet.

L.Joe nodded, “You have morning class too, right? I will just wait for you in the music club then.. See you at 1PM, Jae! Fighting!”, he ruffled your hair lightly then smiled.

 

“Fighting! See you too! Thanks for driving me here!”, you bowed then waved to him. You then quickly went inside the ladies' bathroom with Zelo and Daehyun.

 

“No. Not here..”, Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows.

 

"Thanks God that there's no one here...", you sighed.

 

"Thanks God?", Daehyun looked annoyed.

 

"It's okay, Daehyunie.. At least it's safe to talk here...", Zelo said.

 

"But this is a GIRL's toilet.. Now I doubt that you're a man...", Daehyun glared.

 

"Okaaay guys! Stop fighting! Now tell me.. How can you guys get here?", you asked.

 

Daehyun and Zelo stared each others, then looked away.

 

"Do your leadernim give your powers back?! You two use teleport?”, you yelled excitedly.

 

"You hope that!", Daehyun rolled his eyes.

 

"No?", you furrowed your eyebrows, "So.. How you guys get here?"

 

"We-", Zelo stopped his words after Daehyun suddenly pinched his arm.

 

"Auuucccch!!", he rubbed his arm.

 

"Don't ask that question!", Daehyun said.

 

"Waaae?", you asked.

 

"It's too embarrassing for a cool angel like Daehyunie but we don't have any choices...", Zelo said.

 

"Ya! You guys make me curious!", you yelled.

 

"Then just die in your curiosity.. And don't ask anything about it!!", Daehyun yelled.

 

"Zelo is a good guy... So Zelo will tell you, eonni... Come here!", Zelo then called you to get near with him. He bent down to whisper to your ear. Right after Zelo wanted to open his mouth, Daehyun suddenly covered his mouth with his left hand, “YA! YOU WANNA DIE?!”

 

Zelo then just blinked like an innocent kid. You then laughed to see that scene, “HAHAHAHAHA!”

 

Zelo and Daehyun then stared at you with confused gaze. You were laughing until your tears came out. Some girls stopped their steps to the toilet after they saw you laughed like a crazy person alone. They thought you were stress by talking with a wall and then they turn their steps.

 

"Hahahaha! Look! This punishment works! You guys seems closer now! I'm so glad to know that!", you pointed to Zelo and Daehyun.

 

Daehyun then quickly released his hand from Zelo's mouth, "Aiiiish...", he then quickly washed it to the sink near him.

 

You giggled seeing it. Zelo shook his head, “Aniyo~ We're not 'that' close, eonni.. It's just Daehyunie who love to do skinship with Zelo!”

 

“MWO?!”, Daehyun's eyes got bigger.

 

"Ya ya ya! Stop! Okay.. Now back to our topic,why are you guys here? What happened to that zombie? He kicked you guys off from his dorm?", you asked.

 

"Emm... Not really...", Zelo rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

 

You grabbed Zelo's arm, "Listen! If that zombie did something bad to both of you, don't worry, I'll go to Woollim at 5PM as he asked me.. And then I will kick his head with my karate skill..."

 

Zelo then looked sad, "Err... Eonni.. About that meeting, I guess you don't need to go.. Actually LG..."

 

You looked surprised, "Wae? Tell me quickly!”, you looked at your watch, “I almost late for my morning class..”

Zelo told the whole story that he know about how L looked so panic after he got a phone call from his brother. Daehyun could just sighed because Zelo broke his promise with L. Your eyes grew bigger and you became panic as well. You could felt something hot inside your head. And without you realized it, you became so worried until you couldn't think straight now.

 

"Eottokke eonni?! We should help LG, right? Zelo just think that maybe... Err...", Zelo then looked to Daehyun, "Not maybe.. But LG's parents are the target for this fifth mission!"

 

“Really?", you stared at Daehyun. Daehyun was just avoiding your gaze and looked away.

 

"Yaaa! That's cruel! How can L's parents got into accident? Did the accident was planned for the mission?! It's too ridiculous!", you glared at Daehyun.

 

"Hello miss! I just know about the 'target', and that accident is out from my reach..", Daehyun said.

 

"When the time comes.. All of the situations related with LG's missions will be explained..”, Zelo suddenly said, “Listen eonnie, life is full of challenges, but these challenges are only given to you because God knows your faith is strong enough to get through them..", Zelo grabbed your shoulders to calm you down.

Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows to see that scene and he felt uncomfortable.

 

You shoved Zelo's hands from your shoulder lightly, “Okay okay.. Stop talking, Zelo! Now I'm worried about him.. Let's just go find L!”

 

----------------------------------

 

L.Joe was playing his violin alone in the music room. None of the members of the music club were there, so L.Joe can play his violin comfortably. He was smiling widely while playing the same song that he played together with you before. He enjoying each tune and he could felt his heart beat so fast every time he remembered that you will meet him at 1PM there. He continued to play when suddenly one of the strings broke and cut his finger.

 

“Auuttchhh...”, L.Joe immediately put his violin on the desk then checked his bleeding fingers.

What's this.. Why suddenly I get a bad feeling....

 

----------------------------------

 

You were in the taxi, on the way to L's house with Zelo and Daehyun. You sat beside Daehyun then sighed deeply.

“Geez.. This is so crazy! I skip class again! Yongguk oppa will worried about me and that zombie definitely won't welcome me with a warm smile too..”, you laid your head back to the seat.

 

“I told you not to go there, Bang Yoonjae..”, Daehyun looked at you.

 

You close your eyes, “I don't have any choice.. I really want to help him..”, you sighed.

You then looked outside the window while your mind goes blank. The driver felt with you talking alone since he couldn't see angels, but he just ignored it.

 

"Ya Daehyunie.. When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can ever tear them apart..", Zelo whispered.

 

"Am I ask you to tell me that? Just shut up your mouth!", Daehyun glared at Zelo.

 

"O~ow... You mad because Jae eonni want to go to meet LG, right? You're in a serious problem.. You really like Jae eonni that much, huh?!", Zelo whispered again.

 

"Stop act like you know everything about me!", Daehyun looked away.

 

Zelo looked surprised with Daehyun's mad reaction.

"You know what, Daehyunie? When someone's words & actions are not lining up, go with their actions.. Yeah ...every time! Actions say what words won't.. And your actions are totally determine how you really like and care about her..", Zelo said while looking away.

 

Daehyun glared at Zelo, "You-!"

 

"Ya! Can you guys be quiet? What are you guys talking about anyway?", you looked curious at them. Zelo just giggled awkwardly with your question. You then looked at Daehyun's face that already became red like a tomato.

 

"Omo! Daehyun? Are you sick?", you then touched Daehyun's forehead.

 

Daehyuy quickly slapped your hand away, "Tch! Are you babo? I'm not human! It's impossible that I can sick!"

 

You then pouted your mouth, “I'm just trying to show my care though...”

 

Zelo looked jealous with that scene. He then gritted his teeth and whispered, "I warn you, Daehyunie.. If LG is not destined to be with Jae eonnie.. Then, she's mine!"

 

Daehyun suddenly chuckled, "Unfortunately, your wish will never ever ever be real..."

 

“Ya! What are you guys talking about? I still don't understand...”, you titled your head.

The driver felt more weird with your action, the fact that you're talking alone again. He then cleared his throat and you looked at him weirdly.

 

Zelo then said, “Eonni.. Don't forget that the driver couldn't see us, so he must be feel weird to see you talk alone.. You better not talk with us then..”

 

You finally realized and immediately shut your mouth. You cleared your throat as well and act like there's no one there.

 

------------------------------------

 

L ran at the hospital's corridor and met Moonsoo who was standing in front of a room.

 

"Moonsoo-ya!", L yelled while panting.

 

"Hyung!", Moonsoo looked surprised.

 

"How's mom and dad?", L panting hardly.

 

Moonsoo paused for a while then looked down, "Dad broke his right arm and both of his legs... And mom....", Moonsoo then continued after a deep sigh, "Her head has injured..."

 

"MWO?!”, L's eyes grew big, “How can this happening?! Who did it to them?!", L grabbed both of Moonsoo's arms.

 

"The police still investigate it.. However.. Dad can't tell clearly about the car... After the car hit their motorcycle, the car left in a full speed...", Moonsoo explained.

 

L started trembling, "I-is there any clue about the driver? Or maybe the color and the license number of that car?", L asked.

 

Moonsoo shook his head, "Dad is not sure about it.. The only clue that we have now is that dad heard the driver whistling a song before he left the place..”

 

"Whistling? What song?!", L asked.

 

Moonsoo shook his head, “I'm sorry, hyung... I don't know..”, he then lowered his head.

 

L sighed, "Okay.. We'll talk about this later.. I want to see mom and dad.."

 

"The doctor said that they need some rest for several days.. And....", Moonsoo then looked worried.

 

"And ..what? What?!", L became nervous.

 

"We need to take care of their emotion.. Don't make them shock or even mad during this time.. So...", Moonsoo soften.

 

"So?", L raised an eyebrow.

 

"So.. You better not go inside..”, Moonsoo bit his lips, “Looks like they're not expecting you to come here anyway..."

 

"Mwo? Yaa.. W-what do you mean?", L became shocked.

 

"Hyung..”, Moonsoo grabbed L's shoulders, “You never go back to meet mom or dad... Moreover, you even never contact them this month... Remember the last time you met them?”, he sighed, “No... It should be the last time they came to meet you.. It's when you're still in hospital, right?"

 

L then sighed and looked away. His eyes started teary and he just looked down. Moonsoo tapped his back several times. L also remembered the fact that before his car accident, he also never contacted his parents, even once. His mom was the one who always came to Seoul to visit him. And if the car accident never happened, maybe L never sees his dad's face for a year or even more. L was busy. Too busy during his trainee and even more after he debuted as Infinite. He blames himself for that, but he never knows that his parents will feel this way to him.

 

L then approached the door and grabbed the doorknob. He closed his eyes then inhaled and exhaled deeply.

 

"You better not go inside, hyung...", Moonsoo said in soft voice.

 

L glanced at Moonsoo and just ignored his words. He opened the door and went inside the room. His dad was sitting on the bed while eating apple and his mom was sleeping on the bed beside his dad. L could see clearly the bandages on his dad's right arms. Both of his legs also injured as well. L could felt his heart hurt and he rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter