Life 30 - The Troublesome Side of Promises

SECOND LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Your eyes grew big and kept looking into L's direction. You didn't shout, yelling, or threw your hands in the air like before. You just stay quite and looked shock.

 

L became uncomfortable with your stare, he blushed a little and looked away

Damn! Why I suddenly feel hot? Oh! It must be because of the sun!

L tried to convince himself.

 

But the truth is, you were not looking at him. You saw to L's direction because you saw someone you knew sat right behind L. L misunderstand your gaze and thought that you were looking at him. Your eyes still only directed to the person who sat there, yes, behind L. While the others were busy yelling and having fun with the ride, you just have a staring competition with that 'someone'.

 

And that 'someone' is no other than Jung Daehyun. You saw Daehyun sat right behind L, on the opposite side of your position now.

Daehyun?! Is that really him? What is he doing here?!

 

 

Daehyun just sat there quietly while starring at you deeply. He wore a mask and his blonde hair shining beautifully under the sunlight. He crossed his arms and looked very cool, he didn't even blink his eyes to show that he was not scared at all. He was enjoying himself to annoy you there.

 

The ride has stopped. One by one, everyone went down from the ride. You blinked your eyes then you realized that now...Daehyun has gone. You went down also and rushed to Zelo.

 

You whispered to him, “ZELO! I saw Daehyun! He was there, on the ride!!”

 

“Daehyunie? Really? What is he doing there? And he didn't scared? WOW!”, Zelo still focusing his eyes on the giant swing ship, he was amazed with it..and maybe he was not really heard what you said.

 

You sighed, “Zelo! I'm serious! He was ther-”

 

Suddenly Daehyun popped up behind Zelo, you became shock with his sudden presence.

 

“WHOAA!”, you gasped.

 

All Infinite members looked at you, they got confused with your action. Zelo turned around and he also gasped.

 

“Jae-ya.. Are you okay?”, Dongwoo asked you.

 

“I-I'm okay! I'm just tripped.. Hehe..”, you lied. Dongwoo just nodded.

 

“Okay then.. Be careful Jae.. Let's move on to the next ride!”, Woohyun shouted.

 

L realized that there was one man he didn't know behind Zelo, then L furrowed his eyebrows.

Who's that guy? Why that bird so shock seeing him?

 

“Err.. I-I think.. You guys just go first! I need to go to the restroom!”, you tried to find an excuse, because you want to talk with Daehyun.

 

“Oh okay.. Just text us when you're done.. C'mon guys..”, Sunggyu said.

 

All of them followed Sunggyu and left you behind. They believed you that you wanted to go to the restroom. L looked at you with annoyed expression, then eyed Daehyun from head to toe. He knew that you were lying about wanted to go to the restroom, he knew that you must have something to talk with the man he didn't know. L glared at Daehyun and Daehyun also looked at L then glared at him too. The two of them stared at each other in a-not-happy-looks for a few seconds, then L broke the gaze and followed s.

 

You quickly ordered Daehyun and Zelo to follow you to find a silent place to talk. You finally found a place with no one there, it was near the corner of the emergency exit of the amusement park.

 

“Jung Daehyun! Don't ever do that again! You scared me to death!”, you shout to Daehyun.

 

Daehyun smirked, “Wae? I didn't do anything wrong..”

 

“Daehyunie! Long time no see! Zelo is kinda miss you~~”, Zelo said in a cute tone.

 

“Tch.. Don't talk to me, you moron..”, Daehyun glared at Zelo.

 

“Eii.. Don't be like that you two! Now tell me, why did you come here?”, you asked.

 

“Yeah.. What are you doing here, Daehyunie?”, Zelo titled his head.

 

“Oopss~ I don't think it's important for me to tell the two of you about that..”, Daehyun said with blank face.

 

“There must be something! Tell me! Hmm...”, you tapped your chin, “Maybe.. You want to tell me another clue for the mission? Is that right??!”, you asked excitedly. Daehyun just stay silent.

 

“Wow~ Nonono~ Daehyunie can't do that, eonni! Besides, it's not Daehyunie's job.. So there's no way he knew about the clue!”, Zelo said.

 

“Tch.. Don't think that you know about everything, Zelo..”, Daehyun gave Zelo a look, then he looked at you, “And for you.. Don't assuming things..”

 

You made a face, “If you didn't want me assuming things, then just tell me your reason! You know what? I almost got a heart attack on that ride before! Don't just show up randomly! Geeshh..”

 

Daehyun just chuckled then looked away. You grew annoyed with his cocky action.

“AISHH! If you don't want to tell me, then FINE! Don't say anything then.. I'm going!”, you  walked away to leave him.

 

“Eonni~~ Wait for Zelo!”, Zelo also followed you behind.

 

Suddenly Daehyun yanked his mask away then said, “Do you really want to know the reason? Why I showed up so randomly in front of you, Bang Yoonjae?”

 

You halted then turned your head to him. Yes, you really want to know why he came. Zelo also stopped then also turned his head to Daehyun. Daehyun took a few steps closer to you then he took another steps again so that he was right in front of you. You looked up to him.

 

Daehyun then said, “Because...”

 

He bent down and go closer to your face. Your face became red because his face was just inches apart from yours. You could feel Daehyun's breath to your cheek and you can see his eyes so clearly in that close range, and that just makes your face more red and you could feel your heartbeat goes faster.

 

“Because..”, he continued, “I just want to annoy you..”, Daehyun said in low y voice.

 

He looked to your eyes deeply then back away from you with a satisfied smirk.

You blinked your eyes and grew more annoyed because of his words.

 

“YAA! Jung Daehyun! You-”, you tried to go closer to him then in a blink of an eye, Daehyun quickly disappeared from your sight.

 

“Aishhh!!! Nice! He's gone after successfully teasing me! YAA JUNG DAEHYUN! YOU DUMB HEAD!”, you shouted to no one.

 

Zelo who saw the scene could just blink his eyes and grew confuse.

Daehyunie didn't even have any relation with the missions.. It's not his job anyway.. But he said that he came JUST to annoy Yoonjae eonni... Why he do that? Hmm..

 

----------------------------------

 

Infinite members were enjoying their drinks and snacks. They were all sitting in the corner of the food court so no one recognized them while they were eating freely without their masks and sunglasses.

 

L was enjoying his ice cream, but then he stopped eating it when he saw you came with an annoyed expression.

What's with her? Did something happened?

 

“Yo Jae! You came! Here eat this..”, Hoya motioned you to sit then pointed to the french fries on the table.

 

“Hey guys.. Sorry I took a little bit too long..”, you smiled then sat between Hoya and L.

 

L looked at you deeply. You realized that he was looking at you, so you turned to see him while eating your french fries, “Mwo? What are you looking at?”

 

L thought inside.

What you've been talking with that guy? Hm? Wait... Damn! What's wrong with me? Why I'm so curious about that?!

 

“No-nothing..”, L then continued to his ice cream.

 

“Tch.. Weirdo..”, you rolled your eyes then turned back again continue eating your food. Then you made random conversations with the other members.

 

Zelo appeared besides L with ice cream on his hands. He started his ice cream then looked at L.

 

“What's up, LG?”, Zelo nudged L's shoulder.

 

L just shook his head then continued his random thoughts. He just stays quiet while you and the others are giggling and laughing about random stuffs. Sungjong who was talking with you suddenly stopped when he saw some children passing by in front of the food court with PSP on their hands. Sungjong suddenly remembered something then asked L.

 

“L hyung! Do you remember about your promise in my birthday a year ago?”, he moved to the chair in front of L.

 

L looked to him and instantly got a bad feeling. Oh no.. Don't say that-

 

"You promised me to buy me PS3 and the newest version of Nintendo Wii, right? You said when you got enough money, you'll buy me that!!”, Sungjong gave L a firm look.

 

L sighed deeply and touched his forehead in depression. Somehow, he remembered ever made this promise with Sungjong.

 

“Eommaya LG~ If you promise him that, you should fulfill it soon.. Maybe it's your second mission!”, Zelo whispered to L.

 

I know.. I already got a bad feeling about this..

L had no choice but to buy Sungjong those things. He gave up then said, “Okay okay.. I wil buy you that..”

 

"Jinjja? Yeeaaahh! I'm waiting from your presents, hyung!", Sungjong grinned.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

Time passed by so fast and without you guys realizing, it's already evening. Everyone grew tired and decided to go back home, but Hoya refused it and excitedly asked everyone to go to the haunted house as the last visit before they went back home.

 

“Hau-haunted.. HAUNTED HOUSE?!”, Dongwoo suddenly hugged Sunggyu. His body trembling and his expression became stiff.

 

No one wants to go, because you guys were already tired since you guys have playing all day from the afternoon until the evening. Hoya gave his 'bambi' eyes to all of you. Everyone tried to look away to avoid his stare, then he stare at you with pleading eyes. You gritted your teeth and tried to look away as well, but he insisted and grabbed your arms, swaying it while showing his ‘bambi’ eyes again.

 

“Arghh.. FINE! I'll go with you!”, you finally gave up.

 

“Whoa.. If my princess Jae go, then I'll go too!”, Woohyun held your hand and he realized it was cold as ice.

 

“Your hand is freezing.. Are you cold?”, Woohyun quickly put off his printed animal jacket and wore it to you.

 

L suddenly yanked away Woohyun's jacket from you then put off his black coat and quickly put it to you. He gave a look to Woohyun.

 

“Hyung.. Don't you think it's so embarassing for her to wear that crazy jacket of yours?”, L mocked him.

 

You gasped because of his action, “Err.. Thanks”.

 

Woohyun then just looked away with irritated expression.

 

“I'll go with the three of you to the haunted house too.. I think.. More people is better.. And more fun as well”, L smirked.

 

“Okay then, we'll just wait here..”, Sunggyu yelled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter