Life 58 - Falling To The Ground

SECOND LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Let's break up....."

 

Sunggyu's eyes looked blank. He tightened his fist, and turned his head to stare at everyone's eyes. One by one. The rest Infinite's members looked so shock. Tears could be seen in everyone's eyes, especially Sungjong and Sungyeol.

 

“W-what..?”, Woohyun's voice cracked. He felt hurt with Sunggyu's words and he didn't want to believe with what he just said, “What d-did you just said before..?”

Sunggyu just looked away and Woohyun approached him to grab his collar, “Tell me! What did you just said???!”

 

L only could look down and didn't say anything. He felt there's nothing he could do at a time like this. He glanced at Woohyun who looked really angry now. Woohyun's eyes then became teary and he released Sunggyu's harshly, “Damn you!”

 

Sunggyu just stayed quiet and didn't even blink seeing s.

Dongwoo suddenly took a step to him and said in trembling voice, “A-are you kidding, hyung? Ha-ha-ha.. What kind of joke is that? That's not funny!”, he then gulped and continued, “Don't make us scared, hyung... This is really.. Not funny at all..”, he then laughed awkwardly.

 

Sunggyu sighed deeply, “I'm so sorry.. But I should leave now.. I can't be in this group anymore...”, he bit his lips, “I'm sorry...”

 

All the members gasped and didn't believe his words. They feel sad, hurt, betrayed. Hoya became angry and couldn't hold it anymore, “Sorry, huh?”, he scoffed, “Sorry..? SORRY??!”, he glared at Sunggyu, “Is that all you can say to us??!”

 

“What did we do wrong until you said like that, hyung? Why did you say 'sorry' when you know that we won't forgive you??! Wae?! WAE??! Don't leave us!!”, Sungjong sobbing hardly.

 

“You guys wouldn't understand.. I... I should leave now..”, Sunggyu grabbed his bag and turned to reach the door.

 

Hoya suddenly grabbed his back and made Sunggyu face him, “What? Understand? Ya!!!”, he then landed a punch on his face, “Sunggyu hyun-”, he stopped his words then took a deep breath, “Kim Sunggyu-ssi... How can we understand you when you don't even understand our feelings?! Are you happy to be like this??! You bastard! I regret to admit you as our leader!!”

 

Sunggyu who was now on the floor could just look down. Hoya grabbed his collar again and ready to land another punch, but Woohyun halted him, “Ya! STOPP!”

 

Hoya sighed and pushed Sunggyu back to the floor, “DAMN!!!”, he hit the wall instead until his fist bleed.

 

Sungjong cried and grabbed Hoya's hand, “Hyung.... Don't be like this...”

 

Sunggyu wiped the blood on his lips with the back of his hand, “I guess we really need some space...”, he stood back up again and grabbed his bag, “I'm leaving!”

 

“FINE! Just get away from our sight! And don't ever come back!”, Woohyun finally exploded as well, “We won't force you to stay with us when your heart not even in here anymore..”, he then looked away, tried to hold his tears.

 

Sunggyu tighten his grip on the door's knob, “Good bye...”, he then left without even looking back at the others and slammed the door loudly.

 

Sungyeol finally back to his sense and tried to chase Sunggyu, “HYUNG!!! WAIT!!”

Dongwoo came to him and grabbed his shoulder, “It's useless.. He wants to go.. Then let him... He left us..”, his voice was so weak.

 

“How can he left us just like that??! I will kill him!!”, Hoya rushed to the door and was about to chase after Sunggyu, but again, Woohyun stopped him, “Don't..”, he said while shaking his head.

 

Hoya groaned in madness, “!!!”, he hit the door hardly and panting hard, feeling so much betrayed and hurt inside. He looked at s who were now crying, except for L. Damn you Kim Sunggyu.. How can you leave us like this..

 

L felt his heart was blank and he didn't have any energy left in his body. He stared at the floor with sad eyes. Is it real...? Sunggyu hyung really left us..?

 

Everyone then gathered at the living room, sitting on the floor. All of their faces looked so gloomy and they just silent for about half an hour.

 

Woohyun broke the silence, “No! This can't be happening! I won't lose Sunggyu hyung! He must be very mad because we always said bad words to him during his solo promotions..”, he then stood up, “I.. I.. I believe he want us to stop him!”

 

“Hyung!”, Sungjong grabbed his hand then shook his head to give signal to Woohyun to stop his intention.

 

Sungyeol suddenly yelled, “ANDWAE!!”, he wiped his tears, “Woohyun hyung is right! We should trust Sunggyu hyung!”, he then stood up as well.

 

“Are you crazy?!”, Hoya yelled, “He already left us! You idiot! There's no way you can change his mind! He totally hates us! His leave explains it all! He wants to be a solo singer from the beginning, right?! Then let him go!!”

 

Dongwoo and Sungjong could just nodded weakly while staring at the floor. Dongwoo sighed, “You're right.. Even when he was mad with us, he never said something bad like 'break up'.. This is unbelievable. How can he just throw us.. Throw Infinite away.. Like a trash..”

 

“No.. Maybe we are wrong.. I think Sunggyu hyung has his own reason.. We should find him and make him back to us..”, Sungyeol said.

 

“Well.. I can't believe him anymore.. It's hurts too much...” Sungjong said while clutching to his heart.

 

“What about you? Why don't you speak anything?”, Hoya then looked at L, who only stayed silent all the time.

 

L looked at him. Yeol and Woohyun hyung still believe with Sunggyu hyung, while Sungjong, Hoya hyung and Dongwoo hyunng lost their trust to him.. What about me..?

 

“Don't tell me you still have faith with Sunggyu hyung?! Think with your brain, you idiot! How can you still believe him?!”, Hoya grabbed L's collar.

 

“ENOUGH!”, Woohyun glared at Hoya, “Don't force Myungsoo to agree with you! We're in one team, okay? It's our promise to trust each other! Don't say that you not remember our promise!”

 

“Don't like as a hero at this time!”, Hoya gritted his teeth, he then pushed Woohyun's chest, “You think you are good, huh?”

 

Woohyun grew angry and hit Hoya's face hardly. Both of them started to fight and Sungjong quickly tried to separate them, but failed. Sungyeol approached them, “Stop it! Stop!!!”, but then Hoya unintentionally hit Sungyeol's face and he started to become angry as well, “YAA!”, he then hit Hoya back.

 

Dongwoo tried to grab Woohyun's arm but got hit on the face by Sungyeol's elbow, he ended up fighting too with the three of them, and the situation became chaos. Four men fighting each other without any intention to stop any moment for now.

 

Sungjong became frustrated, “STOP IT HYUNG!! DON'T BE LIKE THIS!!”

 

The four of them yelled in harmony, “SHUT UP YOU BASTARD!”

 

Sungjong gasped and he gritted his teeth. He couldn't hold it anymore, he didn't want to hit his hyung, but then he felt so hurt and frustrated at the same time. He then kicked Sungyeol's leg and the fight became more chaotic.

 

The 5 members of Infinite now fighting to each other and the whole living room became a chaotic room. L just stood there, stayed silent and looked blankly to his fighting members. He then closed his eyes and sighed deeply.

Is this another nightmare for me? If it's yes, then please wake me up from this nightmare!

 

----------------------------------

 

L open his eyes and found himself laying on his bed. He quickly sat up and looked around, “Is that really a dream??!”, he then stood up, “Then Sunggyu hyung is still with us, right?! Then Infinite still fine, right?! The guys are not fighting, right?!”, he said it to himself then stumbled to his door. He grabbed the door's knob and his heart started to beat faster.

 

I hope when I open this door, I will find Sunggyu hyung is still here laughing with the other member while watching TV in the living room..

L gulped and prepared his heart. He twisted the door's knob and slowly open the door while closing his eyes.

 

1..

 

 

2..

 

 

3..

 

L furrowed his eyebrows, feeling confused that he didn't hear any laughing voice. He gulped and slowly opened his eyes. Please don't tell me-

He gasped when he found out that the whole living room was in a mess, as if it's just been robbed. He looked around to find s busy to put band aids to all over their body and face.

 

“Auchhh auchh! It's hurts!!”, Hoya blew the wound on his arm, “Who told you to hit me this hard, huh?! Jerk!”, he shouted at Sungyeol.

 

“Ya! Control your emotion- Ack!”, Woohyun shouted then hold his stomach, “.. This hurts so bad..”

 

L felt his throat hitched when he couldn't find Sunggyu hyung on the room. Where is he?!

 

Sungyeol noticed him, “Oh.. You awake?”

 

“Guys... Where is Sunggyu hyung..?”, L said with horror face.

 

All of the members' eyes widened and they looked at each other. How can L not remember anything? Hoya then chuckled and shook his head.

 

“Are you joking? He left us, remember? He left us like trash..”, Dongwoo rolled his eyes.

 

“MWO?!”, L suddenly yelled and made all the members surprised, “THEN IT'S ALL REALLY HAPPENED??! HE REALLY SAID THAT HE WANT TO BREAK UP WITH US?!”, L became panic.

 

“Whoa whoa.. Calm down hyung..”, Sungjong then dragged L to sit on the sofa, patted his shoulder so he could calm.

 

“Are you okay, Myungsoo-ya?”, Woohyun sat beside L while checking out L's face.

 

“You were suddenly fainted before.. Do you remember?”, Sungyeol gave L a glass of water.

 

“Fainted? Me..?”, L looked at everyone with blank face, he really didn't remember.

 

“Maybe it's because you are really stress.. It's not good for your body, I guess you should take enough rest.. Or let's just go drink tonight to release all of the stress we feel..”, Sungyeol chuckled.

 

------------------------------------

 

Several days has passed since Sunggyu left the dorm. A big mess happened to Woollim Entertainment. There's nothing that the CEO could do to make Sunggyu stay, and many articles showed up and the netizens go wild about the news.

“Infinite lost its leader” “Infinite is no longer 'Infinite'?!” “Broken friendship in Infinite” “Many Infinite's fansites and fanclubs closed down” “Inspirits make 100,000 petition to make Sunggyu's back to Infinite”

Those were some of the headlines that appeared on the media on this several days.

 

The rest of Infinite's members are in a big mess as well. Today, they are still inside the dorm doing nothing. No one clean the dorm, and it's full with trash. They have been avoiding all the paparazzi outside the apartment and also the calls from their company. All they did were just drunk every night and isolate themselves inside the room.

 

Only L who still trying to be lively, happy, especially when he is in front of you. But you do know exactly, that he is NOT okay. Every time you tried to open up a conversation about Sunggyu, he always changed the topic and avoiding it. You thought that it's normal, because Sunggyu's leave build a big trauma to the rest of members, and the one who left behind are the one who supposed to be the one who hurted the most.

 

Since Sunggyu joined TS Entertainment, he is now working as a solo singer. What makes it even worse, he is now in the same company with Himchan, L's best friend. Why? That's a big question that no one can answer. You were worried with L's condition, moreover when he didn't even thinking about the missions. Day after day has passed, and he is getting closer to the deadline.

 

L is in misery. He feels frustrated. He keep getting the same nightmares about his car accident in every sleep, until he lost his interest to sleep at night. The more L tried to figure about it, the more confuse he become. All he can see on his dream is only a red car that hit him, a silhouette of a guy, and the tragic moment happened to him. Every day tried to find the meaning of his dreams, but you always remind him to stop make assumptions without any proofs. You and Zelo were helping L with the mission, but it's useless. Daehyun seems know about the clue and the mission, but he never want to tell you whenever you asked him.

 

You came to their dorm secretly today, tried your best not being caught by the paparazzi. L was waiting for you at the emergency stairs full with worried face.

 

“Ya.. I told you to stay at home, right? I can just go to your college if you want to meet me.. You don't have to come here..”, L felt worried.

 

You shook your head, “I told you that I want to meet everyone, right? I can't just stay still after I heard everyone ruin their days with alcohol... All of you will be crazy if you guys continue to live that way!”

 

“Arasseo..”, L sighed in defeat, “But don't you think it's better if we focus more on my mission? We're still clueless about it and I keep getting the nightmares.. I think soon or later, I will find out who is the driver of that red damn car..”, L tighten his fist.

 

“Yeah I know.. Zelo told me that your dreams possibly related with something important of your death.. but I don't know if we should find out about the truth now..”, you were walking to the elevator, but then L stood in front of you, avoiding you to ride the elevator.

You walked to the left, he blocked you, you went to the right, he blocked it as well.

 

“YA!!”, you grew annoyed.

 

L sighed, “You know.. I have someone suspicious... Someone that has possibility to kill me.. Err.. Yeah.. That guy.. The one who I hate so much.. I think he-”

 

“Do you mean L.Joe oppa?”, you cut him, “I told you not to suspect anyone without proofs, right?”, you crossed your arms, “Just because he has a red car, doesn't mean he is the killer okay? Come on, L! L.Joe oppa will not do something like that to you!”

 

L pouted, “Then who else? He has so many reasons to kill me and-”

 

You pecked him on the cheek and L shut his mouth instantly. His face grew red and he looked at you with sparkling eyes. He became stiff and only stare at your eyes. You titled your head, “Well..?”

A big smile then appeared on his face and he felt he is in heaven. All he could see is you, while the others are just black and white.

 

He grinned from ear to ear and open his both arms widely in front of you, “Come to me, baby~”, he sang.

 

You heard a 'ding' and looked at the elevator behind L open. You walked to the elevator, leaving L like a dumb with his both arms wide open. L's mouth wide open and he was dumbfounded. You became confuse, “Ya.. We can talk about your dream late.. Let's go, I want to meet everyone..”

 

L dropped his both hands while cursing himself. He turned to you and gave you a cute pout. Here you again, Jae.. Isn't this supposed to be a romance story?

 

“Don't give me that look..”, you said to him. L blinked, “What look?”

 

You sighed, “Listen! I can't hold to see you guys become like zombies these few days, okay? I feel so bad to all of you.. I need to cheer you guys up.. At lease I will do what I can do..”

 

L looked confused, "W-what?"

 

----------------------------------

 

“Listen.. They are not in the right mind right now, so you better stay away from the wolves!”, L grabbed your hand, to stop you to grab the door's knob.

 

You became annoyed since he already said things like this the whole time in the elevator, “Ya.. Move out..”

 

L sighed deeply and pouted again. He didn't know what else to do to stop you. He then clapped his hands 3 times and called Zelo. In a blink of an eye, Zelo appeared and saluted to him, “Yessir! Zelo's here!”

 

“Zelo.. Is there anything you can do to stop this babo to get in?”, L pointed at you while leaning on his dorm's door, so you can't open the door.

 

“Zelo! This babo is trying to stop me to go inside to meet everyone! I need to cheer them up! Help me!”, you pointed back to L.

 

“What's going on here? Zelo can't help both of you in one time..”, Zelo blinked his eyes.

 

You bit your lips and glared at Zelo. Help me Zelo!

Zelo gulped and stared at the door, “Okay.. Zelo decided to help Jae eonni!”

 

L gasped, “No! Don't break the door!”, L groaned being annoyed, “Fine! Fine! I will open this door just because I don't want to see your made face, okay?”, L gave you a look and finally open the door.

 

You smiled and nodded. You went in and you gasped instantly seeing the chaotic scene. You saw all the members were in the living room, sitting while staring blankly. You approached them slowly. How can they live in a place like this?! They will get sick!

 

You pinched your nose when you could sense a really strong smell of alcohol. Everyone look drunk and they look drowsy. You looked at Sungjong and you feel hurt, because it's the first time you saw him like this.

 

L came to behind you, watching you closely if one of the member unconsciously attack you or something.

 

You bite your lips tried to hold your tears, “Guys...”

 

L grabbed your shoulder from behind, “This is not the right time, Jae.. I told you..”

 

Woohyun turned his head to look at you and he squinted his eyes, “Who's that?”, he rubbed his eyes, “My p-princess Jae? Hahaha you came..”

 

“Woohyun oppa.. It's me..”, you smiled at him.

 

Now all of the members look at you, except for Hoya who is now glaring at you. He scoffed, “Why did you come here? We don't need him, Kim Myungsoo..”

 

L just sighed and looked away. You sat beside Sungjong and tried to put his head on your shoulder, “What is happening to you guys?! Nothing's going to change if you all just do stupid things and living a messy life like this!”

 

“It's all because of Sunggyu hyung! He ruined us all! He ruined my life... He ruin OUR LIFE!!”, he yelled and started to cry on your shoulder.

 

You patted his back and whispering him to calm down. Dongwoo suddenly said, “He throw us just like garbage.. And I bet he is now happily smiling without us beside him...”

 

“Come on, oppa! Back to your sense! You guys should accept the reality.. If you guys can't accept it, then you better do something to take him back rather than be drunk and make your life even worse!”, you yelled.

 

“Jae eonni is right! Go back to your sense!!”, Zelo also yelled to them as if they can hear his voice. Zelo then stared at L, "The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; but, the worst thing you can do is nothing.."

 

Woohyun came to you, “Jae-ah.. Don't be angry.. We are just disappointed and still shock..”

 

Sungyeol looked so depressed and he was sitting on the corner of the room. His legs was crossed straight on the floor with his head down. His bangs covered his eyes and he is showing no sign of talking.

 

You glanced at him, “Ya Yeol! Say something!”

 

Sungyeol raised his head, still with his eyes being covered by his bangs, “What do you expect me to say? If you really want to be a superhero and save our life.. Then I suggest you to stop because we are not asking for your help..”, he said in low voice.

 

“What happened to you?!”, you looked at him in disbelief, “You are thinking the same with everyone here...?”

 

Daehyun suddenly appeared, standing beside you and stared at the whole situation in the room. He smirked then shook his head. Daehyun chuckled, “Dear 'worriers', ask yourself two things: will worrying achieve anything and is it really worth worrying about?"

 

“Dae-”, you gasped. L furrowed his eyebrows and glared at Daehyun. How can you step on my dorm?!

 

You looked at Daehyun with pleading eyes. Daehyun-ah.. Please help me...

 

Daehyun sighed, “Babo..”, he then walked to the bookshelf near him and there are some trophies, the winning awards that Infinite got since their debut. Daehyun pushed one of the trophies from the shelf. L gasped and quickly grabbed it before it landed on the floor, “NO!!”

 

Everyone looked at L and grew surprised. Dongwoo's eyes widened, “How can it fell by itself??!”

 

“W-what happened?”, Woohyun gasped as well. You glared at Daehyun. Stupid!!

 

“Phew.. Almost..”, L put the trophy back to its place. Woohyun then pointed at the trophy, “That's our...”

 

“That is our last trophy that we got from music show...”, Sungjong said. “The trophy that we got when Infinite still stand as 7...”, Dongwoo laughed dryly.

 

Sungjong started to sob again when he remembered the moment when Sunggyu gave the winning speech on the stage. Dongwoo became teary as well and he looked away trying not to show you his crying face.

 

“I... I don't want to break up like this...”, Sungyeol said while looking at the trophy. He then cried loudly with his both knees glued to his chest. He put his head down and he cried out his heart out.

 

L looked at Sungyeol and feel hurt, “Sungyeol-ah...”

 

You smiled seeing the scene. Finally, they realized that they still need Sunggyu. At least now you know that they still care for Sunggyu. You gave Daehyun a smile and wink at him. Thank you, Daehyun..

Daehyun's face flushed red and he looked away from you.

 

L then sat beside Sungyeol and patted his back, “I don't know how to make him back.. But please don't cry like this..”. Sungyeol stopped sobbing and mouthed 'thank you' to L.

 

Hoya tightened his fist and grew annoyed, “Stop saying that you guys want him back!! Why should we beg him to back again?! He is the one who dump us like trash, remember?!”

 

Woohyun grew annoyed with Hoya as well and stormed to him, “Stop acting like you are strong!! I know you are just pretending to be okay! There's no one here who think that Sunggyu made the right decision! We can't deny that we want him back with us!”, he grabbed Hoya by the collar.

 

“Ya! Stop fighting!”, L and Dongwoo quickly separate both of them.

 

“What did you just said?! I'm not pretending you bastard!”, Hoya then kicked Woohyun's leg and they started to fight again.

 

“Stop!”, you became panic. The rest of the members tried to stop them, but they end up fighting to each other again just like before.

 

L was the only one who didn't fight and just stayed in front of you, tried to protect you from the fighting scene, “YA!! Stop fighting!”


You looked at Daehyun and Zelo. Eottoke??! Do something!

 

“Very immature..”, Daehyun shook his head and then walked to another bookshelf, he then threw one of the DVD box to the floor hardly. A loud voice could be heard and everyone in the room instantly stopped fighting. They stared at the DVD box in horror. They looked at you and L who stood far away from the shelf, so there's no way both of you were the one who did it.

 

Dongwoo's eyes widened once again, “Can you guys tell me how can that thing fell by itself??!”

 

“It's already twice!”, Sungjong grew surprised, “Don't tell me there's a ghos-”

 

“YA! DON'T SAY THAT WORD!”, Dongwoo glared at Sungjong. Hoya just stared at L with suspicious gaze.

 

Sungyeol squinted his eyes then approached the thing on the floor, “Isn't that our-”

Woohyun sighed, “That's.. That's the present from Inspirit.. They gave it to us on our first inaguration back in 2011.. Remember? Inside it, there are compilation videos of our best moments which they took..”, Woohyun smiled unwillingly, “You can say it's a fancam's compilations..”

 

“Jae eonni! Play it!”, Zelo yelled. You quickly took the DVD from Sungyeol and looked around. You found a laptop on the table and quickly put the disk inside. You played the first video you saw at the top and you let everyone to watch it.

(*Please play this song while you reading it! Thank you! Click here!)

All of them were focusing their eyes to the laptop. The video showed some short clips when Infinite became guest on various shows, from them doing the silly dance, the girl group dance, and showing their personal talent. The video continued and showed some compilations of them doing aegyo, doing the pepero game, and other games as well. They all smiled silently seeing all the scenes, watching it carefully.

 

Then the last part of the video has been played. It was their last concert when all Inspirits celebrate their anniversary together, they all sing together with their fans and the video also showed the moments when they got their first ever award, their first ever fanmeeting, their first ever world tour, and when they were crying since all Inspirits throw a surprise party for them.

 

They all became emotional and one by one started to cry. They all focusing on Sunggyu on that video, how wide his smile was on that video. His laugh, his confuse face, his mad face, and everything about him. They all missed that moment so badly and they really want to experience it once again together with Sunggyu. They miss Kim Sunggyu. Slowly but sure, their tears ran down to their cheeks and they couldn't bear to watch that video anymore.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! We are new rookie group which just debuted 3 days ago! We are INFINITE!”, they could heard and see Sunggyu on the video, introducing themselves as Infinite when they were at a variety show for the very first time.

 

Hoya couldn't take it anymore and turned off the laptop, “ENOUGH!!”, he yelled.

 

You flinched because of it, “Why did you turn it off? It's so important to remember all of the best moments you guys had together.. It's not worth it to remove all those memories about Sunggyu oppa from your mind..”

 

Hoya smirked, “I don't think we can forgive him.. He. Left. Us.”, he then stared at s, “He is the one who decided to break up... Don't you guys forget about it..”

“It's impossible..for us to reunite as one group again.. All of those news are right.. We are no longer Infinite...”, Dongwoo said while cryng, “We already lost our leader..”

 

L wiped the tears on the corner of his eyes. Okay.. This is stupid.. I shouldn't be crying..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter