Life 69 – The First Consequence

SECOND LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Annyeong~ I’m Zelo~~”

 

Everyone became stiff perfectly resembled statues with wide eyes. The presence in front of them was just too much as they felt their breaths hitched and throats went dry.

A sudden cough came out from L’s mouth once again as he pleaded for more drinks. “Give… me…more…”

He handed the empty glass back to Sungjong with some tears came out from the corner of his eyes because of too much coughing. But the latter just went silent with mouth left agape and eyes wide opened, staring at Zelo.

Awkwardness filled the air and Zelo just rubbed the back of his neck shyly while looking down to his feet. “Umm…”

He didn’t know what to do, so he just looked back again to the six shocked fellas in front of him with a wide grin. “H-hello…?”

The glass on Sungjong’s hand slipped down as he broke into pieces. The act resulted the whole room to flinch because of the loud sound as Woohyun grabbed the youngest’ arm and dragged him away from the broken pieces scattered on the floor.

“Are you okay?!”

“I-I… I’m o-okay…” Sungjong nervously said as he bent down, initiatively wanted to clean the mess he made.

But right before one of his feet was about to step on the broken piece, Zelo’s eyes perked up as he flicked his finger automatically.

“Eommaya! Sungjongie, watch out!!”

Sungjong gasped upon hearing his yell and halted his step. Like he wasn’t shocked enough, the broken pieces of glass suddenly rose up flying in the air making his eyes widened once again. Those pieces moved by itself as it dropped down to the trash bin.

“Whoa…” Infinite members were all amazed with what Zelo just did and blinked their eyes; astounded.

“You didn’t get hurt, right?” Zelo came over and looked at Sungjong worriedly as the pretty boy just nodded unconsciously and stuttered like an idiot. “Y-yeah… T-thanks…”

Both of them just stared at each other eyes’ for about a good 3 seconds when it’s suddenly interrupted with Sungjong’s loud shriek.

“AAAAAAAA!!! Who are y-you?! How can you know m-my name?!”

Daehyun just scoffed as he looked away with an annoyed expression. Babo…

Being in a total shock with the presence of two angels in the room, Dongwoo’s feet couldn’t stand it any longer as it lost its strength. His feet went jelly and he stumbled backwards. Thank God, Daehyun was still generous enough to teleport himself and grabbed him by the shoulder, or his skull might already crack by now.

“Be careful!”

Dongwoo’s body trembled in great fear as he turned his head to see Daehyun right behind him, helping him to stand up straight again.

“Wh-whoaaa!!!!” Dongwoo instantly shoved Daehyun and ran to the other direction of the room.

“Aishh…” Daehyun sighed deeply as he stumbled backwards, irritation all over his face.

Someone suddenly clapped his hands with jaw hanging wide. “Daebak… Jinjja daebak…!”

Everyone’s stares then darted to Hoya who was the only person had that happy expression shown from his sparkling eyes.

“You two are so amazing!!! Whoa!!”

Zelo and Daehyun looked at each other before stared back at Hoya weirdly. The others finally regained their senses as Sunggyu finally open his mouth to ask a question that they have been craving for an answer.

“Who are you guys?!”

“G-g—gh—gho-ghoooooostt!!!” Dongwoo yelled crazily in a high pitch as he hid behind Hoya. “Help! H-hoya! Please do a ritual or anything! Please, I beg you! Kick them off from here! Jebal!”

But too much his disappointment, Hoya was just looking at both angels with eyes filled with anticipation. He might be thinking about how finally his dream came true. How he was grateful to be able to meet the creatures he had been imagining of.

Finally! I can meet them!

“Y-ya!” Dongwoo slapped his shoulder but the latter just continued to stare at the two unfamiliar persons at the living room.

“Did you guys see what t-they just did?!” Sungjong covered his mouth as he was still in shock state, not believing what he just witnessed. “H-he made the broken glasses flying and the o-other one just popped out behind Dongwoo hyung!”

“I saw it! I saw it!!” Dongwoo was in the verge of crying and ran to the youngest as both of them hugged each other and let out a loud scream.

“Aaarrrghhh!!!”

“Geez! Calm down, you moron!” Sunggyu covered his both ears and glared at his brothers with a frown. “I can see them too! We all can see them! Babo! Stop screaming, can you?!”

“This is not real… This is just a dream… I don’t want to believe this…” Sungyeol muttered while looking down to the floor, not wanting to accept the reality he has been experiencing right now.

Zelo noticed how cold sweats formed on Sungyeol’s forehead and how his body trembled. Zelo titled his head and about to touch his forehead to check on him, but Sungyeol rapidly slapped his hand away.

“D-don’t touch me! Jebal! Can someone just hit me so then I can wake up now!? Aniya… This is not real…” He began to slap his own cheeks several times, creating red marks on both of it.

“Ya, Lee Sungyeol! Stop! This is not a dream, okay?!” Sunggyu approached him and grabbed both of his hands, rendering him to stop hurting himself.

Woohyun was the only one remained silent all this time had his eyes darted like a pendulum to Zelo and Daehyun. He was indeed shocked, scared, but he tried to calm himself as he found no danger from the two uninvited guests.

What the hell happened in here?! Where are these two coming from? I’m pretty sure they just popped out from nowhere and—aishh!

Sunggyu groaned in frustration as he saw his brothers were out of control. Dongwoo and Sunjong kept yelling as they was seeing ghosts, meanwhile Hoya was still zoned out in his own little mind, probably thinking about what kind of conversations he should have with Zelo and Daehyun. And then there’s Sungyeol who kept shaking his head panickly, didn’t want to believe the situation happened. He furrowed his eyebrows at Woohyun who just remained quiet and the latter just shrugged his shoulders, signaling he know nothing as well about what to do.

“Okay! Stop! Please be quiet!!” Sunggyu shouted and the whole living room engulfed in silence at once.

He then looked at L who just closing his eyes with tired face. L was actually dizzy as well with the fact that s finally could see what he could see. He cursed himself countless times and didn’t know how to react for now. He has been busted. His secret was no longer safe.

“Kim Myungsoo! Please explain to us!”

L’s eyes opened almost immediately. His expression was unreadable and he looked exhausted. He was trying to explain, but no words came out from his lips.

“Umm… Excuse me…?”

All eyes now directed to a tall blonde-haired boy with pure smile planted on his cute face. He still had his one hand on the back of his neck, probably still not be able to get rid of the awkwardness, while his other hand was inside his pocket.

“Sorry for making you guys shocked… emm… we meant no harm, though…”

“Then w-what are you? Are you a magician? Or a-aliens!?” Sunggyu let out some of his random assumptions and Daehyun rolled his eyes in response.

“N-no! And we are not ghosts either!” Zelo had his both hands waving vigorously.

“You speak Korean…” Hoya mumbled as he still looked at Zelo in awe.

“So… what are you guys…?” Woohyun gulped once again and he felt his heart thumped louder, anticipating the answer.

“We are—”

Zelo was about to answer, but Hoya quickly cut him. “You must be Zelo… You are the one who always talking with Myungsoo all this time… Am I right…?”

A small gasp came out from Zelo’s lips as it soon turned into a big grin. “Y-yes! How can you know Zelo?! Eommaya!”

“Y-you two are n-not dangerous, right…? I-I mean… you guys won’t k-kill u-us?” Dongwoo’s comment made Zelo gasped loudly this time, as he looked so offended.

“No! Zelo has said that we meant no harm! Daehyunnie won’t do anything bad to you guys! Zelo too!”

Dongwoo finally stopped trembling and loosened his grip on Sungjong’s shirt. Both of them then stared at each other before looked at Zelo and Daehyun back and forth.

Zelo cleared his throat and bowed formally to all of them. “Annyeonghaseyo, Infinite… My name is Michael AnZelo… But you guys can can call me with “Zelo”…” He then waved his hands like a little kid before continuing. “I might look so young, but I am older than you guys and I’m definitely not a ghost! And this guy beside me—”

His finger pointed to Daehyun who just crossed his arms while leaning on the wall. “He is Jung Daehyun and we are both angels…”

“Angels?!” All of them shouted in unison with same confused looks planted on their faces.

Daehyun lowered his head and let out another grunt. … This is just getting more complicated… And should this dimwit introduce my self too to them?! Tch…

Hoya was the first one to step forward and grabbed both of Zelo’s hands, shaking it with happiness all over his face. “Whoa!! Y-yes! Nice to meet you, Zelo! I’m Hoya!”

The others could just looked at Hoya in disbelief with mouths hanging wide. Hoya was the only one who looked like he just scored a goal meanwhile the others were just the same like people who saw a person came back to life after death.

“See?! I was right! It’s not only my illusion!” Hoya laughed before slung an arm to Zelo’s shoulder, as if they are already friend for a long time. “It was true when I said there’s a strange aura around Myungsoo before!”

“Are you guys really …angels?” Sungjong asked warily as he had his Adam’s apple rose up and down nervously.

“Huh, wait… Did I hear it wrong…? A-angels…?” Woohyun followed his suspicion right after.

Zelo just nodded happily while Daehyun just looked away with another sigh. Sungjong and Woohyun then looked at L, waiting for an explanation. L exhaled deeply and looking at the other direction, avoiding s’ stare.

What should I do now… This is the consequence I got, but I somehow can’t let out any words to explain…

Sunggyu then walked around Zelo, eyeing him from head to toe. “Hmm…” He had his both eyebrows furrowed and tapped his chin. “If you are really an angel, then where is your…”

He made a circling motion above his head, followed with a flying motion with both of his hands.

“What? Do you expect us to have that old fashioned yellow ring above our heads and white big wings…?”

Daehyun snapped and Sunggyu clasped his hands. “Yeah! That’s what I meant!”

“And I thought angels are a fatale beauty… I mean… girls with pretty looks and err… shining…” Woohyun started to blurt out his weird imagination.

Zelo shook his head with a pout. “No-oh! Is it wrong for angels to be stylish like this…? And no! We don’t need wings to fly! We can just teleport to anywhere we want to go!”

“Yes! I love their styles, though! It’s better than any concepts we ever used for our comebacks and albums!” Hoya supported Zelo’s words and the others just gawked at him.

“I want to take a selca with you!” Hoya suddenly let out his phone from his pocket and beamed it to his face and Zelo’s.

Being the kind boy he is, Zelo followed his pose by making a peace sign right beside his cheek but then the result had Hoya gasped loudly.

Zelo giggling cutely by showing his white teeth, meanwhile Hoya blinked at his phone screen. There’s no one beside him on the selca he just took and it somehow felt shivered ran down his spine.

“Huh…? What the…?”

“Babo! You can’t take a selca with angel!” Sunggyu hit his own forehead, being ashamed with what just did.

“Wae…” Hoya’s face turned sad as he felt a big disappointment inside his heart.

“It’s because we’re not human. We can’t be captured by human’s camera. We don’t even have shadow or reflection on the mirror… Our world is different…” Zelo explained carefully.

His words successfully made the six boys looked down. Zelo was right, there’s no shadow on below his feet. Their eyes darted to Daehyun’s feet and the result showing the same.

“Hmm…” Sunggyu then continued to walk to Daehyun. He had his forefinger tapped Daehyun’s arm several times and it made Daehyun annoyed to the bone.

“Look! If our world is different, then why we can talk and touch you? I mean… these things are supposed to be invisible or transparent…”

Upon hearing Sunggyu’s remark, Daehyun gritted his teeth and balled his fists. “Things…? Pardon me?”

As if Daehyun was just like an air for him, Sunggyu just ignored him and put his both palms on Daehyun’s chest making the latter’s eyes widened in surprised.

“And hey! They don’t have any heartbeats!!”

“Don’t touch me!!” Daehyun shoved Sunggyu’s away and gave his icy stare to the oldest member of Infinite. “We’ve died! Of course we don’t have any heartbeats! Are you dumb or something!?”

“Wow… What a sassy angel…” Sunggyu snarled then went back to L.

“Ya, Kim Myungsoo! What the hell happened to you until you can befriend with angels?! And how come we can see them too right now…?”

Still, L didn’t answer at all. His mind was at somewhere else right now.

I just lost one month… How can I tell Jae about this? And from where should I start to explain this…?

Being a guardian, Zelo could see that L needs help for this. His face showed it all. All the stress and frustration he got at the same time were too much for him.

“LG…” Zelo came over then sat beside him. “Are you okay? Do you need Zelo to explain this to them…?”

L just shook his head before fixed his sitting position into a more comfortable one. He breathed in deeply and finally looked at each member’s eyes. “I… I…”

It was not easy for him, but he had no choice. He needs to explain everything to them. He had too.

“I won’t lie to you guys anymore… I don’t know if it’s right or wrong to let you guys be able to see them like now… I just hope it will be something I won’t regret later…”

His voice sounded weak and the rest of Infinite softened. They tried to understand the situation and just waited for L to continue, didn’t want to force him.

“First… I want to say sorry for hiding this from you guys…”

The six of them then sat on the floor, circling below L who was sitting on the sofa with Zelo.

“I should just tell you guys from the start… But I can’t…”

“It’s okay… We can understand…” Sunggyu sighed then looked at L with worried eyes. “Then who are these angels to you? Are they your friends…?”

L simply shook his head and Zelo’s eyes widened in surprise. He felt a sudden spank inside his heart and about to throw complains to L, but the next second L surprised him again.

“Zelo is my Guardian Angel… He is more than just a friend for me… He is just like my own brother…”

“LG…” Zelo breathed out as he felt his eyes grew hot; tears were about to fall down. He felt happy and somehow grateful that someone considered him like that.

This is the first time for me to hear LG said these kinds of words to me…

“Guardian Angel?” Sungjong’s word made the others looked at him. “That’s what written on the book! It’s the second level of Angel who accompany a Half Spirit to finish his missions!”

“Tch… You guys sure read my book, huh…” Hoya smirked as he propped his both hands on each side of his body.

“What book? How can you know about angels’ levels and h-half spirit…?” L startled.

“It’s the book that I got from someone unknown…” Hoya replied in a serious tone. “At first I thought it was my Master who sent it to me, but he say he didn’t. The book tells us everything about Half Spirit and the missions. It’s also explains the supernatural powers and angels’ levels. It’s basically about how someone tried to get a second life after their death…”

L’s eyes remained big as Hoya finished his words. He never knew that a book like that existed. And he didn’t know that s already read that kind of book.

“But there’s a weird thing about the book…” Hoya’s lips formed a thin line and L grew confused. “What do you mean?”

“The last pages of the book were torn. I am sure that the last section contains about the consequences and the effect if a Half Spirit failed on the missions or when they got their identities revealed…”

“What…? Does a book like that exist?” L then eyed Zelo, but his guardian just simply shook his head, showing the same clueless look as his.

“So…” Woohyun bit his lips as he started to talk. “Because of that book, we got a lot of knowledge about a Half Spirit… And that’s when we were suspicious with you… Since everything happened to you matched well with what written on the book, we believe that you are a Half Spirit… and turned out it’s the truth…”

Woohyun whispered the last words, but everyone was clear enough to hear it. Those words actually made all of them realized that L’s status was not something to be celebrated for. Instead, it’s just like a nightmare for them since it proved that L was not a pure human.

“Myungsoo…” Sungyeol brought a hand to L’s knee and stared deeply into his eyes. “Are you really a— are you…”

Sungyeol didn’t even have the guts to finish the words. Deep inside he was hoping that L was not one of them. He wanted to believe that his friend Kim Myungsoo was alive completely just like him and not someone who still remain in between death and alive.

Please say no….

L knew what his friend trying to ask. He knew more than anyone what would happen to his dear friend if he had answered him with a ‘yes’. But the reality was too cruel for him. At least, he wasn’t the one in that ‘happy life’ list and he knew he couldn’t deny the fact that he is indeed one of what his friend had been thinking of. There’s no use for him to lie anymore. There’s no use for him to hide his identity anymore.

“Sungyeol-ah… I…” He grabbed the hand on top of his knee and gave it a light squeeze, making sure that his friend was ready to hear what he was going to say.

“Actually I… I—”

“I-I need to charge my p-phone, it’s out of b-battery!” Sungyeol abruptly pulled his hand from L and stood up, running to his bedroom.

Everyone stared at him in shock, but they do know that the tall boy named Lee Sungyeol was about to lock himself inside the room, probably denying himself that his friend was really a Half Spirit. They were sure enough that the tall boy will cry, but he didn’t want to see his suffering state.

In fact, the others felt the same just like Sungyeol. But they were just too good at hiding their emotions or maybe wanted to look as strong enough to accept the fact. They were all holding back their tears, trying not to make L sadder than before. They knew that what L needed the most was their supports and not to see them all crying in sorrow.

The living room once again engulfed in silence. No one spoke, just the sound of the clock ticking on the wall and people’s breathings filled the spacious room.

But the silence didn’t last long as Woohyun opened his mouth. “So… Umm… how many times left to—”

“Z-zelo, can you help me find out about the book? I-I mean I never thought a book like that exist…”

L was quick enough to cut Woohyun to ask a question that he wouldn’t want to hear the most in this world. He didn’t want to add more burdens for s. No, L didn’t want to make them suffered more than they already had.

“Hmm… Zelo doesn’t know anything about it…” Zelo then looked at Daehyun, hoping the cold guy would help them with it, but of course, he wouldn’t let out a single word.

“Zelo will try to ask Leadernim about this…” Zelo gave L an assuring smile before stared at the door that Sungyeol just went into. “Should we worried about your friend for now…? He looked so upset…”

“No… He will be fine…” Woohyun answered as he let out a deep sigh. “He just needs some to think… I guess…”

“But… what if he do something stupid like—”

“Jang Dongwoo! Stop thinking negatively!” Hoya hit Dongwoo’s head lightly and the latter just mouthed a “sorry”.

“I’ll go check on him…” Daehyun suddenly said and disappeared from the living room.

“D-did you see that?! H-he disappeared!” Dongwoo shrieked once again.

“Geez… What’s wrong with that guy? He looks so short-tempered and cold…” Sunggyu scoffed as he stared at the empty spot where Daehyun just stood a few seconds ago.

“Is he your friend too?” Sunggyu asked L.

L chuckled as he clasped his both hands and put it on top of his stomach. “Well… I couldn’t say he is my enemy nor friend, though…”

“I thought all angels are friendly… Unlike him…” Sungjong bit his lips as he patted Dongwoo’s back, trying to make the boy calm.

“Daehyunnie is a Postman Angel… Umm… he is somehow related to with these missions and yeah… He might look so cold from the outside, but he actually kind and care…”

Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. “Tch… So he is the lowest level of angel? I wonder why he act so arrogantly from the start… He even shoved me, that bad angel…”

“First, I won’t thank you for the super annoying description about myself. Second, don’t ever mention about my level and bad mouthed about me if you don’t know the real me…”

“Whoaaa!!” All the boys at the living room squealed loudly as they felt their heartbeats race crazily inside their lungs.

“! You surprised me!!” Woohyun caressed his own chest, trying to calm down his heart.

“Ya! Do you really need to do that?! You are sure like a ghost!!” Sunggyu groaned as he saw Daehyun stood right behind him with a face that doesn’t look pleased at all.

“Then don’t talk behind my back…”

The cold guy plainly said before walked back to his original position from before, with his back leaning on the wall again.

“You blockhead! Do you want us to die from heart attack!? Damn you!” L glared at him and the latter just scoffed.

“For your information, your friend Lee Sungyeol was all fine. He just covered himself with a thick blanket and sobbing like a crybaby…”

“No one ask you to do that…” L continued to glare at him and Daehyun just gave him an annoying smirk.

“But Daehyunnie always help us!” Zelo raised his one hand just like a student answering his teacher.

Daehyun just rolled his eyes before sneered at him. “Correction. I help Jae, and not you…”

“Did you just mentioned Jae’s name!?” Woohyun’s eyes went big as golf balls when Daehyun said your name.

“And what about Bang Yoonjae? Did she know about your situation too? She knows it from the start, am I right?” Sunggyu crossed his arms.

“Jae… S-she is a h-human, right?” Dongwoo blurted out all of sudden and made the others in the room gasped loudly.

“Of course, she is!!” L declared madly, not liking someone has accused his girlfriend in that way. L blew his bangs before sighed deeply. “And yes… She knew it from the start…”

“Jae noona can see you guys too?”

Sungjong asked Zelo and he just nodded before explaining further more. “Jae eonni is LG’s partner for this mission… Actually Zelo found it weird at first because a Half Spirit only has a Guardian Angel to help him finish his missions… But maybe God has chosen Jae eonni to be LG’s partner… I mean… she is an exception.”

“And that explains why Jae noona always there whenever you are…” Sungjong nodded in understanding, trying to recall how many times he always seen you around L.

“But why must her--? I mean… How can she be chosen…?” Woohyun had his both eyebrows knitted together.

"Because I promise her something that she only can get if she help this annoying Half Spirit finishes all of his missions…” Daehyun’s words instantly made them focused their eyes on him again.

“What?” Even L was taken back a bit by his words.

Daehyun smirked. “There’s one thing that she really wants so bad. So I promised her… And I think you all know the answer about what she wished for…”

"Her younger brother?!”

L, Woohyun, Dongwoo and Sungjong suddenly answered in harmony, making Sunggyu looked surprised because he didn’t even have the slightest idea about it.

“W-wha—you promised her to let her meet his younger brother again?! But—that’s impossible! You are just an angel and not God!” Woohyun frowned at Daehyun and yet he only got a smirk in return.

“I’m not the one who will grant her wish… I’m just the messenger…”

“Mwoya…” L stared at his lap with worries all over him.

She still can’t forget about her younger brother, huh… I wonder if I really can finish my missions so then Jae would be happy to meet her younger brother once again…

“Well…” Dongwoo’s face looked unhappy while he fiddling with his fingers. “Yongie was died tragically… How could see ever forget about that…”

“Yongie?” L and Zelo asked in unison because of the new name.

“It’s her younger brother’s nickname…” Hoya replied and L went confused.

“You didn’t know?” Woohyun said sarcastically. “I thought you are her boyfriend…”

It was indeed the first time for him to know about it. He always refused to open up a conversation about your younger brother because he didn’t want you to be sad or cry. And he didn’t want to open the wounds inside your heart either.

L just shook his head in defeat and sighed. “And how come you guys know about this?”

“Big Bang members told us a little bit about Jae and Yongguk hyung’s past…” Hoya simply replied.

“MWO!?” L’s eyes were about to fall out from its sockets as he gawked widely. “You guys met them?! I-I mean h-how?! When?! Why?!”

“I introduced them to Big Bang…” Sunggyu suddenly said and got L’s eyes went bigger the very next second.

“Hyung!” L then cleared his throat before whispered to his leader. “W-why? What for?! Are you crazy?! They were the ones who kidnapped us!”

“That’s not important for now. The point is, they offered help to us and investigating about your accident as well…” Sunggyu whispered back.

“So you guys received helps from Big Bang?!” L was still in a confuse state as he tried to take all the words Sunggyu just said.

Sungjong hummed then continued. “Yeah… We share information with them then they did the same thing. It’s just like we did some kind of joint force to reveal about the weird things happened to you…”

“Are you guys out of your minds!? How can you tell them about that when they are not more than freaks who we don’t know for more than 24 hours!” L said madly but then s didn’t show any signs of agreement.

“We somehow trust them…”

L gulped for what Woohyun just said and sighed. Luckily I left the box from them at Jae’s house or else it would be more troublesome if they also get involved in this case…

“So… How many missions that you’ve done so far?” Sunggyu changed the topic and it caught L’s attention at once.

“And what will happen to you if you succeed solving all the missions? And what will happen if you failed? We never know about the answers because the torn pages…” Hoya added.

“Err… I’ve done about 6 missions so far and doing my 7th mission right now… And about what will happen… I don’t think it would be best to talk for now…” L then puffed his cheeks while looking at each of them. “You guys sure know a lot about Half Spirit because of that book, huh? Can you guys show me the book?”

“Sure!” Hoya instantly fled to his room to find the book.

“Did you guys really read the book?” L asked the rest of the members and they just obediently nodded their heads.

“It was somewhat interesting too…” Sungjong sheepishly smiled.

“And it gave me a new knowledge about something I don’t know…” Woohyun responded as well followed with chuckles from the others.

“Guys! The book is missing!”

Hoya stood on the doorframe of his room with wide eyes. “It’s gone! I swear I put it on top of my bed!!”

“What!? How can that possible?!” Sunggyu quickly went to the room and both of him and Hoya started to rummage everything inside the room that looked possible to hide a book.

“It’s weird… We’re all in the dorm this whole day… No one came or even touched the book after Hoya put it…” Woohyun then stood up as well to help finding the book, who knows it might be somewhere in the living room.

“I’m not a fan of mystical things… So there’s no way I would touch that book if you guys didn’t make me to…” Dongwoo remarked as he helped to search for the book inside his bedroom.

“It’s really gone…” Sunggyu and Hoya went out from the room and they looked so confused.

Woohyun then knocked on Sungyeol’s door to ask him about the book but the latter didn’t answer at all.

“Zelo will try find the book inside his room!”

And with that, he quickly teleported himself into Sungyeol’s room, to search for the book.

“How can it’s disappear all of sudden?!” L shot up from his seat and started to linger on the living room too, looking here and there for something that he could assume as a book.

A few minutes later, Zelo appeared back at the living room with nothing on his hands. “Zelo doesn’t see anything that looked like a book you guys referred to…”

“It’s totally weird…” Hoya stared at s one by one and somewhat felt emotional with the fact that his precious book was gone.

Daehyun on the other hand just watched them went panic quietly with a set of smug smile on his face.

“It’s okay… We can stop trying to find that book…” L suddenly said and the others looked at him.

“But hyung—”

“It’s okay, Sungjong-ah… Even without that book, I can tell you guys everything…” L then sat back down on the sofa while rubbed his temples with his fingers. “It would be a long story but I can explain every single thing to all of you…”

“Okay… But we don’t want to force you…” Sunggyu said while walking to sit on the sofa.

“From the first time I met with Zelo and Jae… I will tell you everything… So stop looking that stupid book, okay?”

The others agreed and finally sitting back down on the floor to listen to L’s story.

Zelo then plopped down right on below L with his back leaning on the sofa. But before he could lean his head on L’s knee, L suddenly asked him som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter