Life 35 - That Man!

SECOND LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yeah.. Who's 'that person'?", L.Joe asked.

L smirked, "Well, that person is......."

 

 

 

"That person is my brother...", L answered.

 

"Your brother? Who?", Sunggyu thought deeply for a few seconds then suddenly remembered, "AHA!! You mean, Moonsoo??!"

 

“Moonsoo?”, you, L.Joe, CAP, Changjo and Niel titled your heads because of the new name.

 

L nodded, "Yes, Moonsoo is my biological brother... But Moonsoo is not an idol.. He's just an ordinary student. I don't know whether he will be interested to join us or not..."

 

Sunggyu looked at you and then clapped his hands, "No worries L.. That's okay! Jae is also not an idol too... This competition is open for public anyway. Besides, Moonsoo is very talented in music, especially bass! I'm sure that we can persuade him to join.."

 

"Well, you're right! Moonsoo is really great playing the bass and guitar.. I've heard it before and it's really cool!”, Woohyun also agreed.

 

Hyonam nodded, "Hmm.. Well, maybe we can call your brother to come here first.. Let's test his skill. Where is he now? Can he come here by tomorrow morning?", he asked L.

 

L ruffled his own hair, "I'm not sure... Err...the problem is... I rarely talk with him. In short, we're not that close anymore since I left home and stays in Seoul..", L looked at Hyonam with an unsure feeling.

 

"But you should try it.. You can try to call him hyung!!", Sungjong nudged L's arm.

 

"Yes! Moonsoo is a good person! He will help us...", Sunggyu added.

 

You grew confused but you agreed to recruit Moonsoo as well, "Okay guys! I agree. Let's try to ask him and bring him here..."

 

L.Joe, CAP and Niel didn't have any idea about L's brother too. But, since they couldn't find anyone to replace Changjo, they agreed as well with L's idea. L then pulled out his iphone from his pocket. He looked at it then bit his lips. He felt very shy and awkward to text his brother, or even called him all of sudden. But he didn't have any choice so he called Moonsoo's number.

 

"Hello?", a voice answered.

 

"Er.. Moonsoo? It's me.. I.. Err.", L became awkward.

 

"Myungsoo hyung? Wae? What's wrong?", Moonsoo asked.

 

L just grew quiet and bit his lips. He didn't know how to start the conversation with his brother, who rarely talked with him. Sunggyu grew annoyed then snatched L's phone from him.

 

"Aisssssh really! You're so slow! Let me talk with him..", then he answered Moonsoo, "Moonsoo? This is me Sunggyu hyung.."

 

"Oh.. Annyeonghaseyo Sunggyu hyung.. What's the matter?", he asked back.

 

Sunggyu the loud speaker, so everyone could heard their conversation. He then explained everything to Moonsoo, about MASTERPIECE, the competition, and how they needed him to replace Changjo to play the bass.

 

After paused for a few seconds of thinking, Moonsoo finally said, “Well.. I've heard about Masterpiece from the news.. And today I just read some bad rumors about all of you.. I knew that you are in a crucial condition right now..", Moonsoo stopped for a moment then he continued, "But.. I'm so sorry hyung, I can't help.. I'm very busy lately.. Besides, it's been a long time after I left music. So, I don't think I can join your group. Sorry...", Moonsoo said in low voice.

 

"What??”, all of you shocked. “But Moonsoo-ya...", Woohyun pleaded.

 

"Sorry hyung.. I'm in the middle of my homework now, so let's chat again later.. Annyeong..", Moonsoo then hung up.

 

"Ya ya ya.. Wait! Moonsoo-ya!!", Sunggyu yelled, but Moonsoo has ended their conversation. Sunggyu looked to the others, "What should we do now?"

 

"We don't have any choice! Myungsoo! You have to meet him and make him come here tomorrow no matter what..", Hyonam suddenly made a decision and left the room.

 

"Geez! I really don't like to ask people for help.. Especially when they don't want to..", L sighed.

 

“Tch.. That's why, don't ever say anything if you're not so sure about it..", L.Joe tapped L's shoulder with a smirk while passing L. After that he left the room and followed by the others, except you. L looked so desperate, so you got closer to him and poked his arm.

 

"Ya...”, you said softly.

 

L surprised and looked at you, “Wae?"

 

"I will help you.. Let's find your brother now! Where is he? Your home?", you blinked.

 

"So you begin to act as my partner again, bird?", L chuckled.

 

"Aiiish really! I always tried to help you many times before.. I'm always act as your partner you know..", you pouted.

 

"Huh? Excuse me, girl.. Don't you misunderstand thing right now? I'm the one who always try to help you SO MANY TIMES before.. Tch.. You don't know my brother.. People said he is kind, but once he decided things, no one can change his mind. He is not someone that easy to get along with..", L explained to you.

 

You looked at L and laughing hard, "Hahaha~ you know what?! I knew someone who is harder to get along well rather than him!"

 

"Who?", L blinked at you, then you giggled and just pointing your finger to him.

 

"Mwoo? Me??!", L showing his 'unbelievable' expression.

 

"Hahaha... I believe your brother is more kind and sweeter than you, zombie! Let me try to talk with him..", you smirked devilishly.

 

"Tch.. Too confident, bird. Well, okay then, let's go to my hometown. It's not really that far from Seoul anyway.. I really want to know HOW you can PROVE your words, part-ner... Don't regret it!", L mocked you while wiggling his finger in front of your face.

 

You just sighed then followed him to get out. You didn't tell anyone that you helped L to meet Moonsoo. Everyone was tired so they just went back to their own dorm. You just simply lying with them that you wanted to go to your friend's house and they simply believed you too.

 

--------------------------------------

 

Several hours later, you arrived at L's home located in Mangwondong. Both of you took a taxi to go there. It's not really a big house, but it's very wonderful and looked peaceful. You looked around at the unfamiliar road and L opened the door with the key that he always brought inside his wallet.

 

“Yaa.. Are your parents home, too?”, you asked.

 

L just shrugged, “Dunno.. Let's see how you can persuade my brother.. Come in..”

 

You went inside and you could see that his house was really neat and well-organized. L looked at a big memo on the fridge written about his parents went to their friend's wedding party.

“My parents are not here.. They went out..”, he told you.

 

You just nodded while checking around his living room. There are so many pictures of L from his childhood, his pre-debut until he became a member of Infinite. You looked at his family photo and you smiled. Somehow, it made you remembered about your family too. You looked to the next frame. It was L's candid photo taken by his fans while he was going to the broadcast station. He was so flawless in the picture and you grew amazed with it.

 

You held it, “Wow.. It's so hands-”

 

“Wae? I'm handsome, right?”, L smirked, “You're too late if you just acknowledge my flawless face now..”

 

“Tsk tsk tsk.. Aigoo~ Don't be too arrogant, mister~”, you put the frame again and you looked at the next one that was put on the shelf. You took it and examined it.

 

You looked at the pictures carefully tried to recognize who it was and then you laughed so hard until your tears came out, “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”

 

L looked at you with a confuse look. You laughed more, “HAHAHA! DAEBAK! This one is hilariously FUNNY!!!”, you looked at the photo and laughed like a crazy person.

 

“Mwoya.. Wae?!”, L snatched it from your hand and his eyes grew big. His mouth wide open and his face became red. It was his pre-debut picture with his super 'big hair'.

 

 

“HAHAHAHA AFRO MAN!”, you mocked him while laughing.

 

“Yeah yeah yeah~ Like I care if you're laughing.. It's not funny. At all..”, L glared at you.

 

"It's not funny..”, you wiped your tears, “This picture is the most handsome! Really.. It's handsome! Daebak!", you gave your thumbs up to L then laughed again.

 

L rolled his eyes and put the photo back to the shelf. You were laughing very loud until someone's inside the room could hear the noise. He open his door and looked at you and L with a raised eyebrow. It was Kim Moonsoo, a.k.a L's biological brother.

L and you turned heads when you both heard the sound of the door's opening. You immediately stop your laugh and quickly fixed your hair. You bit your lips, felt embarrassing because you didn't know about Moonsoo's presence in the house.

 

“You came?”, Moonsoo asked L. L didn't reply and just looked away.

 

Moonsoo then looked at you, “And.. You are...”

 

“Oh! Annyeonghaseyo Moonsoo-ssi! I'm Bang Yoonjae.. You can call me Jae.. I'm Masterpiece's member.. I came here to accompany L..”, you bowed to him.

 

Moonsoo bowed back then looked at L, “Well.. I guess you came here to ask me to join your group.. Am I right? So..”, he looked at you from head to toe, “You bring a girl as well to persuade me? Sorry hyung.. No matter what, I've already said no and it means.. I won't help you..”, Moonsoo smirked.

 

Omo.. The way he smirk, the way he talk.. It's similar with L. They are really siblings after all.. He's just like a copy version of L..

You thought inside.

 

L nudged your arm with his elbow, you got the sign then grinned at Moonsoo, “Hm~ Moonsoo-ssi~ Please help us.. We really need you! We believe that you have a great skill in music! So... Please...?”, you battled your eyelashes.

 

L just coughed then looked away. Moonsoo bent down to you and you looked down.

 

Moonsoo then glared at L, “Great skill, huh? Is is true... my~ bro.ther.?”

 

L finally talked, "Well, I don't like to say it.. But well, you really great with playing bass and guitar.. We even often play together in the past..."

 

"Really? Sorry, I forgot about that.. I don't want to remember anything about our past.. Besides.. You are an idol now. A superstar that always make our parents proud.. So why you should ask me to help you?! I'm just an ordinary student.. You always be this family's golden boy!", Moonsoo suddenly expressed his jealousy to L.

 

"Mwoo?", L raised an eyebrow.

 

Moonsoo took a step and stood in front of L. Their height are similar so Moonsoo looked at L right in the eyes, “Hyung.. Do you remember when the last time you came back to this home? You always forget to visit mom, or even dad on their birthday! Do you even send them wishes?! No, right? You rarely contacted us and you don't even care about us!”

 

L just looked away then Moonsoo continued, “You never knew how often mom was crying and how dad always worried about you. You're so damn busy with your schedules as an idol! But you're lucky because mom and dad always proud of you as their golden son!", Moonsoo grew mad.

 

L finally looked back to Moonsoo and said, "Well.. For your information head.. Mom and dad visited me to Seoul last time when I was in the hospital.. It's not really that long anyway..”, he tried to defend himself.

 

"I don't want to hear your reasons.. So what now? You came here just when you need my help? Tch.. Really funny, hyung..", Moonsoo felt offended.

 

L grew annoyed with his brother's attitude and raised his volume, “SO WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO, HUH?! KNEELING DOWN AND BEGGING YOU?!”

 

Moonsoo just chukled and pushed L hard on the chest, “You know what, hyung? I hate you..”, he then glared at L, “It's better if you really dead in that car accident last month and make me happy without you in this family!!”

 

Oh my God.. That's so rude..

You thought inside and you could just quiet seeing both of them quarreled. You felt that you have no rights to take part of it. You could saw L's shock expression and felt worried.

 

“Wha-what..?”, L looked at Moonsoo feeling disbelief.

 

He could felt his heart hurt so bad, like a bullet being shot on his chest. His eyes grew wet and he could break any moment soon. He couldn't believe that his only younger brother would say something like that to him. He never thought that his brother hated him so much.

 

L just stayed quiet and looked at Moonsoo with teary eyes while glaring.

Good Moonsoo... You got me. You should be happy right now.. Because I really died in that damn accident.. Y-you.. You are talking with a dead person right now...

 

You looked at L's teary eyes and you could also felt his hurt feelings.

Looks like Moonsoo really jealous with L... Maybe he felt betrayed because his brother left their house and not really care with his family..

 

You went between L and Moonsoo. You tried to smile, “O-okay... Hmm.. Err.. Moonsoo-ssi.. We're sorry to disturb you.. But- but please think about it again.. We really need your help.. If you don't want to help your brother, then it's.. It's- fine.. But please think about the other Infinite members.. They are just like your brother, right? Won't you help them, then?”, you tried to persuade him to join once again.

 

"Forget it! Let's leave this place!", L suddenly shouted and headed to the door. He bumped into your shoulder and you looked at him with mouth open. You really didn't know what to do no more.

 

Moonsoo sighed deeply after he heard your words. It was true that Infinite members were also like brothers for him. He suddenly said, “Waitt!”

 

L halted and turned his head. You also looked up to Moonsoo.

 

Moonsoo said, "Okay~ I will help.. Not because I want to help you.. But because I want to help Sunggyu hyung, and the others..."

 

Your eyes grew big and you felt happy, “YEAYY!! Thank you Moonsoo-ssi!! Thank you thank you thank you!!”, you jumped happily.

 

Moonsoo looked at you, “Er.. Yoonjae noona, right? Well.. Just call me Moonsoo.. Sorry for this family matter.. You're just our guest after all..”

 

“No! It's okay Moonsoo! So will you go with us tomorrow morning for practice?”, you showed your big smile.

 

"I will.. If only that both of you can win my challenge...", Moonsoo smirked.

 

“What challenge?”, you grew confused. L just sighed deeply.

 

Moonsoo walked you and L inside his room. It was neat and cozy with plain wallpapers and black and white stuff. It's not too big, but it was really comfortable.

 

Moonsoo leaned on his cupboard, “If both of you can find a 'thing' in my room that related with my brother, Kim. Myung. Soo..”, he glared at L, “Then I will agree to go with both of you and join Masterpiece... I'll give you 30 minutes to find it.."

 

"Haaa? Wait!! Do you mean that if we can find something from your room that have a relation with L.. Then you'll join us? A 'thing' means.. It could be anything, right?", you asked.

 

"Yeaah~ Whatever.. Pictures, clothes, stuff or anything that related with Myungsoo hyung..", Moonsoo challenged both of you.

 

"Woooow! That's easy! You should at least have a picture of both of you in this room, or maybe you save a gift from L..", you started to look around his room.

 

"Good luck then...", Moonsoo smirked and left the room. He waited in the living room.

 

"Tch...", L got annoyed with Moonsoo's words. But then he also started to look around.

 

You thought it was easy to find, but the truth is.. you couldn't find anything that was related with L. You and L already looked from the bed, desk, cupboard, bookshelf, drawers, curtain, and etc. Literally, you'd already searched in all the spots in the room.

 

L then sat on the bed, “Ya bird.. Just give up.. There's no way that there's a thing related with me here... You heard just now.. He hates me..”

 

“Ya don't be like that.. Moonsoo is not that mean! He just lying when he said he hates you.. Trust me, I will find it somewhere in this room!”, you then bent down to look below the bed. You could saw a big black bag then you pulled it out from below the bed. It was dusty and looked like it has not been used for a long time.

 

“Jackpot!”, you said while dusting the bag, “Is it from you? Finally I found it...”, you smiled then open it.

 

An old bass was inside the bag and then L just shook his head.

“DANG~~ Sorry, you're wrong. Unfortunately, this bass is not from me.. He bought it by himself..”

 

Your jaw dropped and you sighed deeply. You really hoping that it was from L. You then put it on the bed. You then sat on the bed beside L. You felt tired and sweating a lot. L looked at you and he felt a little bit pity on you. He tried to help you and looked around but he also couldn't find anything that was related with him.

 

5 minutes left before the time ran out. Moonsoo came back in to check the situation.

“How's it? Can you guys found anything?”, he smirked.

 

He then spotted his bass on the bed and grew furious, “Where did you find that?!”

 

You then pointed your finger down, “Under your bed..?”

 

L couldn't hold his temper anymore. He threw a pillow to Moonsoo's face with full power, “STOP playing around you jerk! From the first time you didn't want to join at all! There's nothing in this room that is related with me!”

 

“Wow~ I got caught. You're clever, hyung.. Do you want to give up now?”, Moonsoo looked at the clock hanging on his wall, “You still have 5 minutes left though..”

 

You looked at the clock too and grew panic. Your heart beat so fast and you really wanted to win this so that Moonsoo could join Masterpiece. But you didn't have any idea what kind of thing that was related with L in the room. L stared at Moonsoo and read his mind with his power.

 

Moonsoo smirked then thought inside.

Maybe you can't find it even until you are dead, hyung.. Because I've thrown away all the things that related with you from my room long time ago...

 

L grew madder after he read Moonsoo's mind. He stood up then grabbed Moonsoo by the collar, “Do you have fun playing with us like this?!”, L said while gritted his teeth.

 

You looked at L's face then just noticed the band aids on his face. He still put it so the other members won't be suspicious with his bruises that already gone within a day.

He still used those band aids to pretend that there’s still blood on his face.. Hm? Blood.. Blood?! Yes! Blood! AHA! I knew it!

 

You stood up then yelled, “I FOUND IT!”, both of them then looked at you, “I knew it! Moonsoo-ya.. I knew what is the thing that related with your brother!”

 

“Mwo?”, Moonsoo looked surprised. You approached them then L released his hands from Moonsoo.

 

"Moonsoo-ya! The thing that related with L in this room is.. YOU! YOU! YOU!", you pointed your finger to him.

 

"Me?", Moonsoo grew more surprised. “Him?”, L also grew confused.

 

"Yes, you! Your blood is the proof! Both of you are siblings. Nothing can change that fact! Both of you are related no matter what! So you are the 'thing'!", you grabbed Moonsoo's hand then L's hand. You put it together so they were holding hands now.

 

Moonsoo and L looked at their hands then looked at each other. Both of them got surprised with your answered but it was a truth that they couldn't deny.

 

Moonsoo held his stomach then laughed, “HAHAHA! Jae noona! You are so great!! I don't even think about this answer! But well.. You're right after all..”

 

You looked at the clock then laughed too, “YES!!!! It's still 1 minutes left before your challenge's time is over.. So it means.. I won, right? Then you should join us as you promised!”

 

"Fine, Jae Noona.. I don't have any choice though.. I'll keep my promise.", Moonsoo got defeated by you..

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter