Life 60 - Seventh Mission

SECOND LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

So Myungsoo is really a HALF SPIRIT???! I hope it's just a funny joke... Ha-ha...

 

 

Hoya smiled but his heart beating so fast and he got goosebump. He looked at L once again, and he quickly covered his loud gasp with his hand. His expression turned stiff and he tried to calm himself. He quickly wanted to leave the scene, but unfortunately he knocked his knee on the vending machine.

 

DANG!

 

L turned his head and felt nervous. He finally realized there's someone who has been watching him for so long. He furrowed his eyebrows, “Who's there?!”

 

Hoya bit his lips. Auchhhh ! It hurts!! He then quickly left the corridor to go back to the dressing room.

 

Zelo sighed, “Oh come on, LG! Don't be too sensitive with just a single sound!”

 

“Wait.. I feel something's strange... I feel there's someone there peeking us all the time..”, L walked to the vending machine but he found no one, “Huh? I swear I saw someone here!!”

 

Zelo shook his head, “Tsk tsk.. LG~ Stop day dreaming!”

 

L sighed, “No! You heard it clearly too, right? It's just like something hit this machine and-”, Zelo cut him, “Yeah.. But maybe it's just a technical problem.. Now let's back to our topic! Do you understand completely about your mission this time?”, Zelo pointed to the mission card.

 

L looked at his mission card again, he re-read it again but now with voice, “Uncover The Secret Mask...”, L sighed

 

To: L

“Uncover The Secret Mask”

 

 

L slapped his own forehead, “Man.. This is really getting me crazy...”

 

“Wae? You don't know anything about it?”, Zelo asked. L made a face, “Of course!! I'm not a detective or something! What kind of mission is this?!”

 

“Err... Zelo don't know either...”, Zelo played with his fingers.

 

“Don't you think all the missions I've been through all this time are suspicious enough? You just told me that the clue for this mission is 'someone as the key behind my death', right? This mission is too clear and straight to the point!”, L grabbed the card tightly.

 

“One thing sure.. You are one step closer with the truth behind your death, LG.. Don't let your guard down! Zelo will support you! Fighting!”, Zelo tried to courage L.

 

“Yeah.. I will.. It may seems simple, but it's hard to find..”, L leaned on the wall, “In the end, all of this will be revealed... The reason behind my death...”, he then looked down, “It's so scary to remember all the things in the accident that night.. I don't even want to imagine about it again..  But I want to know.. But.. I...”, L sighed.


Zelo came beside him and squeezed his shoulder lightly, “LG...”. L sighed more, “I don't know, Zelo.. What if I can't do this...”

 

Zelo tapped his shoulder, “You can't avoid the fact.. Don't underestimate yourself, LG.. You're capable more than you think..”

 

L nodded, “I just need to reveal all the secrets... No time to wait, the 'mask' must be a big hint..”

 

“Wow! You gain confidence in just a few seconds! Daebak!”, Zelo giggled.

 

L chuckled, “About the 'mask' here.. Suddenly I got someone in my mind who potentially be the culprit...”

 

“You already knew the person?!”, Zelo blinked his eyes.

 

“Tch.. I'm not 100% sure about it.. I don't know if my guess is right or not.. My time limit is not long anymore and I don't know if I can make this person admit his sin or not..”, L looked worried.

 

“Who?”, Zelo tried to think and suddenly he remembered something, “Eommaya! Don't tell me you are going to suspect Daehyunie again! It's impossible, LG!! What you've seen in your dreams didn't mean anything without any proofs, right?”

 

L scoffed, “How do you know? That annoying postman always wears a mask, right?”

 

Zelo gulped, “Secret mask.. It means a bad person, but always pretending to be a good person?”

 

L smirked, “Right..”. Zelo gasped, “Eommaya! No! It's true that Daehyunie always wear a mask, but it doesn't mean he is the person! That's really dumb! LG babo!”

 

“Tch.. This mission looks so tricky, but it's clear directed to one person who always wearing a mask!”, L glared at Zelo.

 

“NO!”, Zelo grew annoyed, “Don't ever suspect Daehyunie again! It's impossible for an angel to kill human! There's no way Daehyunie did something bad like that! Besides, he will get punished if he did that, but in fact he didn't get any punishment. Zelo said this not to defend Daehyunie, but this is the truth!”

 

“Ya Zelo! How can you say like that? He is your rival, right?!”, L suddenly remembered something, “Rival..?”

 

He paused for a few seconds then screamed, “RIVAL!! THAT'S IT!”

 

Zelo winced because of the voice, “LG! Lower your voice!”. L flicked his finger, “Yes right! Maybe it's not Daehyun, but it's my rival!”

 

“Who? Don't make another random assumption again, LG!”, Zelo said. “The proof is already clear enough.. Someone who is really hate me and always want to kill me.. My forever rival.. The only one that have the biggest potential among all!”, L said excitedly.

 

Zelo's eyes widened, “DO YOU MEAN THAT JOE JOE GUY?!”

 

L smirked, “Yes.. Whoever the person is.. I definitely won't let that person go away or breath peacefully for the rest of his life.. The time to uncover the bad mask.. I prepare myself for this moment..”

 

------------------------------------

 

You were in your bed room with Daehyun sitting on your bed. You sat on the chair with crossed arms. You eyed Daehyun who was looked very depressed, he might be thinking about why Himchan could saw his coin.

 

Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows while staring at the coin on his palm. It's totally crazy! How can a human see my coin?! It means.. He.. Is that guy named Kim Himchan has a relation with my past... When I was still alive..?

Daehyun shook his head and sighed. No.. Impossible.. Stop worrying about useless thing, Jung Daehyun..

 

You noticed his expression and sighed, “Ya Jung Daehyun...”, you approached him and sat beside him. You poked his arm, “Are you okay? You don't look so good..”, you then smiled, “Thank you for saving me today.. I don't know how to reply your kindness..”

 

Daehyun looked at you, “Don't create any troubles again. I will count that as the way you reply me..”

 

You looked down, “S-sorry...”, you then continued, “You still worried about Himchan oppa, right?”

 

Daehyun scoffed, “There's no point to worry about human.. Especially someone who's not even important to me...”

 

You bite your lips, “Well.. You are right.. But he.. Err. I don't know if you remember or not.. Your-”

 

Daehyun cut you, “What? What kind of bull you want to tell me again?”

 

You shook your head, “No! I am going to tell you the truth! Zyno oppa once erased your memories about someone! In fact.. I.. I still curious about the reason behind that!”

 

“If he really did that to me, then it must be someone that I shouldn't remember anymore.. I will be thankful for that..”, Daehyun stood up, “I guess it's time for me to leave this place..”

 

You grabbed his arm, “No! Daehyun wait!”

 

Daehyun's face blushed red, “Y-ya! What are you doing?!”, he quickly released his arm from your hand, “Don't touch me like that!!”

 

You gasped and hold your own hand, “Err.. S-sorry.. I don't mean.. Err.. I just want to tell you something before you left..”

What did I do wrong? Why he looks so mad...?

“I'm tired to hear your SORRY and THANK YOU! I guess there's nothing we can discuss anymore.. Besides.. Too much talking will be very negative for me..”, Daehyun looked away from your face. He tighten his fists and he felt very nervous. His face went redden and he felt his heart beat so fast.

 

You was about to cry, but you hold it, “Yeah.. I am sorry then.. I won't talk much with you anymore..”, you scoffed, “You are still the cold-blooded angel Jung Daehyun anyway.. Happy now?”

 

You stood behind him, “Since you already helped me so many times.. I just feel very bad if I don't tell you about this..”

 

Daehyun turned his head to you again. He stared at you with his deep eyes. Justt what is this girl trying to say again?!

 

“It's about L.Joe oppa.. You know about him, right?”, you looked at Daehyun seriously.

 

“Who?”, Daehyun scoffed, “How can I know him? I don't even care about any human..”

 

“But I know you do know about him before..”, you said with a firm look.

 

Daehyun blew an air to his bangs, “Just because I've seen him in the scene together with you and that half spirit before, it didn't mean you can conclude that I know him..”

 

“That time... You help L.Joe oppa to pull my hands, right..?”, you took a step closer to Daehyun's back.

 

Daehyun grew nervous, “Well.. I did that to stop that dumb head Zelo who tried to help that half spirit..”

I don't even know why I felt that guy really familiar to me.. I just unconsciously helped him..

 

You grip the tip of his jacket, “The truth is.. You definitely know about him, Daehyun.. I caught you looked at L.Joe oppa with undescribable expressions.. It's just as if.. As if you are close to him.. L.Joe oppa told me that he even met a guy named Jung Daehyun in his dream before..”, you sighed, “You might not remember all about this since Zyno oppa already erased your memories about him..”

 

Daehyun bit his lips, “Are you telling me the truth?”. You gave him a “hmm” and he sighed.

 

You continued, “I'm not lying.. Jinjja.. I'm so sure that there's something between you and L.Joe oppa.. To be honest, I've tried to ask him about you before but...”

 

“Did you mentioned my name in front of him?!”, Daehyun turned his body to you. You looked up to him, “Yes.. I am sorry.. But he said that he never heard about your name.. So I don't know what has happened between you and him..”

 

Daehyun looked into your eyes, “Forget it.. I don't want to know about it.. If Leadernim erased my memories, it's probably not a good thing to keep..”

 

You exhaled deeply, “You can't be like that now.. What about Himchan oppa? Do he know about you too? I remembered last time at the hotel in Jeju.. He could heard the sound of your falling coin.. He could even see it and touch it now! Don't you think this is ridiculous?!”

 

Daehyun just remained silent and didn't know what to answer you. What you said all are true, and Daehyun also feel curious about it. But he can do nothing.

 

You tighten your grip on his jacket, “Just... Who are you Jung Daehyun..?”

 

Daehyun's face turned sad. Unfortunately.. That's a question that I will never answer...

 

Yongguk then knocked on your door and made you gasped, “Jae-ah? Are you there?”

 

“O-oppa?!”, you open the door and let him in, “You are not going for work today?”

 

“I finished earlier today..”, he then looked around, “Is there anyone in here? I heard you talked with someone..”

 

“No! I talked with myself!”, you grew nervous. Yongguk raised an eyebrow, “Do you really talking with yourself?”

 

“Y-yes! A-actually I.. Hmm..”, you tried to find excuse, “I.. I tried to remember a song! Yes! I am memorizing lyrics! He-he-he..”, you gulped and Yongguk just became more suspicious. You quickly changed the topic, “Oppa! Wait! So you are overheard me from outside?!”

 

“No..”, Yongguk shook his head, “I just came home and passed your room until I heard you said 'who are you jung-' err.. I forgot.. Jung Daehyun or something..?”, Yongguk shrugged, “What kind of song that have lyrics like that?”

 

You exhaled deeply. I thought he heard everything from the start.. Thanks God..

 

“So..”, Yongguk approached you, “Who is this Jung Daehyun?”

 

You gulped while Daehyun just looked at you with amused expression, “Err.. It's...”, you didn't know what to say. Daehyun chuckled, “See? It's better if you let me go several minutes ago.. If I has left, this awkward scene won't happen.. Babo..”

 

You glared at Daehyun. .. He doesn't even helping me at all..

Yongguk flicked his finger in front of your eyes, “Baby Jae? Are you okay?”, you blinked and nodded several times, “Y-yes!”

Yongguk sighed, “Who is Jung Daehyun? Is he a new guy that oppa never know before?”

 

You shook your head vigorously, “No! Of course not! I told you before! It's a part of the lyrics!”, you laughed awkwardly, “Err.. I need to go to the toilet.. Excuse me..”

You can't think of any other excuse, so you just left Yongguk in your room and went inside the bathroom.

 

Yongguk scoffed, “Song, huh? What kind of song with a lyric like that..”, he then looked around your silent room, “Jae-ah.. Why you always acting like you are hiding something from me.. I.. Feel sad...”, he then sat on your bed, “Why are you lying to me?”, he then took out some photos from his pocket.

 

Daehyun who still inside the room was approached Yongguk and took a glance of the photos. His eyes grew bigger, “That's-”, he gasped, “How can he- w-what?! Tch.. How can this is happening? What a bad luck...”

 

Yongguk sighed for the countless times, then tear off the photo. He walked to the trash bin and took out a lighter. He burn all the photos and turned it into ashes. He then left your room, leaving Daehyun alone.

 

Now Daehyun is the one who was sitting on your bed. He sighed and glanced at the trash bin. Those photos...

His expression turned into a worried one. .. How can her brother have those photos?

Those are the photos of you and L when you two went into a night club right after you both visiting the waterpark. (see Life 53 if you forgot ^^)

 

Yongguk leaned in front of your door. He tried to recall some of the photos he just burn. There were even some photos when L hugged you from behind to prevent you being lost inside the club. Some of the photos also shown L fought with some guy who tried to annoy you that night. Yongguk tighten his both fists.

How can you lie to me, Jae? Why did you go with that guy with one letter as his name in a public are without even covering your face? And also in a night club??!

 

Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows, “This is not good at all.. I should warn Jae about this..”, he was about to call you but then he remembered something.

“Wait.. I should warn that stupid half spirit first.. If Jae's brother do something to him then Jae will be sad...”, Daehyun then disappeared from your room.

 

-----------------------------------

 

“Today is really crazy.. And tiring...”, Sungyeol leaned his head on the sofa in the living room.

 

“Ya enough with that.. Don't talk about anything what happened today anymore.. My head was about to explode..”, Sunggyu rubbed his forehead and sat on the floor, “I got enough stress for being scold by manager hyung all the way back to this dorm..”

 

Sungjong came out from the kitchen, “Then who's going to take the blame?”

 

Everyone then stared at Sungyeol. He blinked several times and pointed to himself, “ME?! W-wae wae wae??! I am not the only who made mistakes today!”, he then pointed to Woohyun, “Hyung also said something that put us into trouble!”

 

L then hit his head, “Stop it you babo! He did that because of your stupid words!”

 

Sungyeol pouted then mumbling, “I was just trying to help Jae anyway..”

 

L put his fist up, “Help? You called that as a 'help'?!”, Sungyeol flinched and L just hit him lightly on the arm.

 

“Ya! Stop it.. Enough for today..”, Dongwoo shook his head.

 

“I was just saying the truth though..”, Woohyun suddenly said. Dongwoo and Sunggyu shouted in harmony, “NAM WOOHYUN!”

 

“What?”, Woohyun blinked, “I really said the truth.. Am I right?”, he then stared at L.

 

L got surprised and gulped. Why he look at me that way..? So scary...

 

Sunggyu sighed and sat beside Woohyun, “Hey buddy.. If that's really the truth.. Then who's the girl? How dare she dumbed you? You haven't tell us anything about her yet..”

 

“Don't tell me you were dumbed by other female idols, hyung..”, Sungjong sighed frustratedly.

 

“Or maybe with one of the trainees in our company?”, Dongwoo looked excited. “

 

Sungyeol just scoffed silently. Stupid.. How can they still don't know about 'the girl'...

 

Sunggyu chuckled, “I know exactly Woohyun's type.. She can't be just an ordinary girl! Right?”, Sunggyu wiggled his eyes to Woohyun.

 

Woohyun didn't answer and looked away. Sungjong rolled his eyes, “Then who? I am tired of guessing!”

 

Woohyun suddenly kicked the table and made everyone flinched in shock. He then stood up and sighed deeply, “Guys.. I don't want to talk about this now.. I want to sleep.. Don't make any gossip..”, he then walked to his room but Sunggyu stop him.

 

“Wait a minute, Nam Woohyun..”, Sunggyu stood up as well, “I think I know who's the girl..”

 

Woohyun automatically turned his head to Sunggyu and everyone else did the same. Sunggyu cleared his throat, “She is-”

 

Hoya suddenly cut him, “Don't tell me you are going to guess 4Minute's Hyuna as the girl. Am I right?”

 

Sunggyu's mouth left agape, “How can you know?!”

 

Sungjong and Dongwoo gasped, “So it's Hyuna?!”, both of them stared at Woohyun. Woohyun rolled his eyes and looked at Sunggyu with annoyed expression.

 

Hoya and Sungyeol hit their own foreheads. Babo....

“I think it's your own ideal type..”, Hoya mocked Sunggyu. Sunggyu's eyes grew bigger, “Ya! Of course not! Err.. Yes she is y and cute.. But she looks like she already have a boyfriend.. And that's what break Woohyun's heart..”

 

“Babo hyung..”, Sungyeol and L mumbled in harmony. Woohyun let out a groan in annoyance, “Stop it.. I will leave It to your imagination..”

 

He was about to walk again when Sunggyu stop him for the second time, “Then who is she?”

 

Instead of replying, Woohyun just stared at L. Not an usual stare, but it's more like a stare full of hate, being hurt and betrayed.

You took Jae from me, Myungsoo-ya.. I like her first.. I can't accept this reality.. I'm so stupid.. I am the one who made L realized his feeling towards Jae.. And I regret it.. Idiot.. You are an idiot Nam Woohyun.. Now all you can do is just wishing them both to be happy...

 

L used his power to read Woohyun's mind and he sighed.

Even though you are hurt like this..Jae is still mine, hyung.. And I won't change that.. I won't let her go from my side.. I know you are my brother.. But about Jae.. Ahh.. There's no way I can let her go.. We are really in love with each other.. I am sorry hyung..

 

Sunggyu caught Woohyun staring at L and he grew confused. He tried to read the situation and said in loud voice, “Ahh.... Now I know...”, and it made everyone stared at Sunggyu, “Don't tell me that person is someone who is close to all of us..”

 

Sungyeol looked at him in amusement. Finally you realized it hyung..

 

Sunggyu whispered to Woohyun's ear but his voice was clear enough for everyone to hear, “Don't tell me.... You and Myungsoo.. Y-you..”, he gulped then continued, “You are gay?!”

 

Everyone became shock, “WHAT?!”

 

Sungyeol tightened his fist and he couldn't hold it anymore. He lost his patience and shouted, “Aishhhh!! Enough enough! I can't hold this anymore!! You guys are too slow! Stupid!”

 

L's eyes widened and was about to cut him, “Lee Sungyeol-”

 

But it was too late. Sungyeol said it loud and clear, “The girl that Woohyun hyung love is Jae! She is Jae! Bang Yoonjae! Do you guys hear that?! BANG. YOON. JAE!”

 

“WHAT?!”, everyone became shock even more and looked at Woohyun in disbelief.

 

Hoya who already knew about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter