Life 49 - The Confession

SECOND LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

L then turned his head and got surprised after he saw 'something' on Zelo's hand.

L gasped, "That's-"

 

L became stiff and his eyes grew big. Zelo took a step and put it on his palm. L stared at the things on his hand.

 

“Tadah! We found it inside your parents' room! Woohoo~ Guess what it is, LG!”, Zelo grinned.

 

L looked at the envelopes on his hand then he grabbed one of them.

He looked at the words written on it, “To: Our Kim Myungsoo”.

 

Zelo smiled, “These are the letters from your dad to you..”

 

L surprised, “W-what..?”

 

“Hmm.. But Zelo can't understand one thing.. Why he never send it to you even once..”, he then flipped some of the envelopes while pouting his mouth.

 

L just stayed silent and couldn't believe with what he just see.

R-really..? My dad wrote all of these...for me..?

 

“We've checked the date, LG.. Hmm.. it looks like he wrote it once in every 3 months.. We can say for sure that your dad is completely missing you..”, Zelo smiled softly, “So.. Which one you want to read first?”

 

Daehyun made a face, “It's taking too much time to read it all.. Just read this one..”, he then took one envelope on L's hand, “This is the latest letter he wrote for you 2 months ago, right after he got a phone that you had died..”, Daehyun then handed the letter to L.

 

“You're right, Daehyunie.. You can read the rest of the letters later..”, Zelo grabbed L's shoulder, “Ppalli LG! Read it!”

 

L quickly opened the envelope from Daehyun and he took out the letter. It was a letter full with his dad's handwritten. L was just wiped his tears 5 minutes ago and already decided that he won't ever crying again. He is not a weak crybaby, at least not when he is L. But L realized that he is just Kim Myungsoo for today, an ordinary son that ran away from his house 3 years ago, leaving his family behind and ignored his parents for such a long time.

 

L then smiled weakly to Zelo, “Thank you for helping me found these letters, Zelo.. It means a lot..”, L then stared at the letter. He then realized that Daehyun stared at him even without blinking.

 

He looked at Daehyun and furrowed his eyebrows, “What are you looking at?”

 

Daehyun smirked, “What? You don't like me to stare at you while you reading it, huh?”

 

“If you're clever enough, then you should know what I meant.. You should give me some space to read it alone..”, L glared at him.

 

“Tch..”, Daehyun scoffed.

Babo.. Doesn't he know that I'd already read all the letters? Stupid half-spirit..

 

“Eommaya! Don't be like that, LG! Relax! To be honest, it is Daehyunie who found the letters first. So you should thank him..”, Zelo pointed to Daehyun.

 

L looked at Daehyun with big eyes.

What..? Jinjja? Err.. But should I say 'thank you' to this postman? If I say it, then I'm the loser.. But he-

 

L was about to open his mouth to thank Daehyun, but suddenly Daehyun pull Zelo to the living room, “Enough.. Let's go and give him 'some space'..”, Daehyun rolled his eyes.

 

Zelo blinked, “Eh? O-okay...”, he then followed Daehyun to the living room.

 

L then sighed. He bit his lip and sighed deeply again. He suddenly yelled, “Ya postman! I hate to say this, but thank-”

 

“Save that words for me later.. At least until you can finish this mission quickly, half-spirit..”, Daehyun cut him then walked to the living room with Zelo.

 

Jerk... L made a face then shook his head. He then went inside his room again and locked the door.

 

------------------------------------

 

L sat on the floor then took a deep breath. His eyes were still red and he felt very nervous until he couldn't breathe normally. He looked at the letter and started to read it. He leaned on his bed and read it carefully.

 

Dear my beloved son, Kim Myungsoo...

 

L could felt something heavy stabbed his heart.

Oh my God.. It's just the first sentence and I can feel my heart hurt so much...

 

He then continued to read it.

 

Ya inma! How dare you never coming back home or spend a little time to call us even for a minute, huh?! We are so damn worried about you, you know?! We've waited for you like forever all these years.. But you never spare your time with your own family.. There's no way I didn't mad at you... It's okay if you forgot about my birthday, but how dare you forgot about your mom's birthday too?! You don't even speak anything with us...

 

L's eyes started to grow wet. He bit his lips then continued to read the letter.

 

Ya kiddo! And you know what? My heart was about to explode last week.. The last call that we heard about you was from the hospital and from your manager, telling me that you already dead..

Me and your mom never expected this kind of news for the rest of our lives.. At least, not before we both died first.. The moment they said that Kim Myungsoo is dead, my heart couldn't think about anything and it's just like the whole world around me spinning hard..

To be honest, I was laughing when I heard about it... I think 'What? Is it a joke? It's impossible', but then it turned out that the news was true..

I told them several times that they were wrong.. I told them that my son was not Kim Myungsoo.. My son was L.. There are so many people in Korea with the name 'Kim Myungsoo'.. I don't want to believe that the Kim Myungsoo they mentioned was really you.. It's just like 'Are you kidding me? That's not my son you're talking about.. How can he die before me? Without even leaving a single word? Don't joke around'....

But I know.. Reality never turns out just like what you want it to.. How can my son left this world when the last time I saw his face was when I scolded him with 'rotten jerk', 'heartless kid'... I even shouted 'you are not my son anymore' to you..

I thought for several times.. How can the last words I said to you was that you didn't need to come back to this house anymore..

I still remember clearly that your mom was crying until she lost all her strength to stand up.. She even fainted too because she was too shocked.. Actually me too, I was shocked too much until I couldn't say anything..

Your mom is the one who loves you the most in this world, Myungsoo-ya.. She couldn't accept the fact that you was dead in a tragic accident..

 

L cried hardly while gritted his teeth. He could imagine all the scenes that were written on his dad's letter.

 

Ya inma... You should realized that when we went to the hospital, we even wore the wrong shoes.. We even came with our pajamas. The weather was really cold and we didn't wear any jackets.. I drove the motorcycle like I'm about to die.. My heart was pounding hard and it's just like I'm ready to die together with you.. But then..

But then I remembered about Moonsoo.. You should know that your brother didn't even blink his eyes for a second after he heard the news about you. It was like his soul has left his body and he stared blankly while his tears keep falling on his cheeks.. He was hurt so bad because the only brother he had in this world had died.. He didn't even want to go to the hospital with us because he didn't want to believe that it was true.. It was true that you'd already died..

I ran to the hospital with your mom while calming her sobbing.. It was just like a nightmare for us.. I told the doctor to save you several times.. I told him to keep you alive because you are a singer, a singer that inspired by so many people.. You're a rising star.. You can't leave this world when you just started your dream.. Your dream since you were a child..

I'm the jerk.. Actually it was me who is stupid.. I slapped your face, I kicked you out from home just to tell you how much I hate you to leave us behind.. I'm just an egoist dad that never understand about his son's dream..

 

L became emotional. He was sobbing hardly while reading the letter. He clutched his heart with one hand and his eyes were already red more than before.

 

I beg to God to make you back to life.. At least, that's the only thing I could do that time..

I regretted shouting to you, scolding you and don't even care with your dream before.. I asked for apologize from God.. I will do everything I can even if it means that I need to kill my ego to never interrupt your dream to be a singer anymore..

And then..

Then miracle happens..

You came back to life, came back breathing in this world..

You never know how much I felt relieved and happy..

Myungsoo-ya.. I know I am a bad dad for you.. But.. I did it because I can't show my true feeling to you.. I know I'm a fail father for you..

I'm sorry, Myungsoo-ya..

I don't want you stop your dreams ever again.. You don't need you to be worried about me or your mom anymore.. I think it's better if you never come back home.. You better chase your dreams and become the best singer in the world!

You can stop care about me, but I hope you will never stop care about your mom..

Like I said, she is the one who always love you more than anything.. You can blame me as a bad father, but please don't ever think the same way to your mom..

Please love her..

It's enough for me if you thought that only me who hated you..

 

L couldn't take it anymore. L was exploded in tears and sobbing like a little child. He stopped reading the letter and let the letter fell down to the floor. He hugged his knees to his chest and cried out his heart.

 

“Appa........”, he sobbed like a little child, “M-mi-mianhaeyo.....”

 

He realized how bad he is. How he failed as a good son for his parents, His parents who always loving him without him knowing. L even always blamed his dad for all the anger, not knowing his dad's true heart.

 

L thought inside while crying, still with his head lowered down.

I'm totally a bad son.. I never look at other people in different way, except from my own perception... Without myself realized.. I hurt their hearts more and more.. What should I do for them now...?

 

L's phone suddenly rang. Himchan's name appeared on the screen.

Himchan hyung..? Why he-

L furrowed his eyebrows and wiped his tears. He cleared his throat and answered it.

 

“Yoboseyo hyung?”

 

“My prince L~~~! Where are you now? Looks like you're not coming to SBS today.. I saw your members but there is no you.. You skipped your schedule again, huh? Aigoo~~ So naughty..”, Himchan chukled.

 

L answered with a sore throat, “Hmm.. Actually.. I-I.. I'm at home now..”

 

“Home? Do you mean your dorm? Wait, your voice sounds really sore.. Are you sick?”, Himchan asked.

 

L wiped his tears again then putting back the letter to the envelope with one hand, “Err.. N-no.. I'm not sick.. I just got back to my hometown..”

 

“What happened to you? Your voice is not like usual.. What's wrong, Myungsoo-ya?”, Himchan sounds panic.

 

L cleared his throat, “Nothing.. Don't worry..”

 

“Ya you jerk! You can't lie to this hyung! Your voice sounds like you were just crying.. Are you okay? Are you sure you're not sick?”, Himchan yelled.

 

L sighed, “No hyung.. I'm fine..”, L took a deep breath then continued, “But hyung.. To be honest..”

 

L then told everything to Himchan, about the accident of his parents, how his dad scolded him and how their condition at the hospital now, but L didn't tell Himchan that you went to the hospital.

 

“MWO?!”, Himchan became panic, “YA! Why didn't you call me?! Your mom and dad are just like my own parents!”, he paused then continued with soft voice, “I hope they will get well soon.. I really want to visit them but-”

 

L smiled, “Eii hyung.. It's alrgiht.. I know you're busy with your schedule.. Don't worry, me and Moonsoo will take care of them.. Okay?

 

Himchan soften, “Jinjja? You sure you are okay? It's just feels like yesterday that you left your home then quarreled with your dad.. And now.. Something bad happened to them.. Myungsoo-ya.. You should open your heart and be closer with them again.. Err.. Actually I don't expect you became like this with them.. You know, far from them since you decided to chase your dream..”

 

Memories from 3 years ago when L left his home ran on L's head and he was ready to cry again. L hold his tears and smiled weakly.

“Yes.. I know I'm stupid hyung.. Now I realized how bad I am as their son.. I never think what's hidden inside their hearts, especially my dad.. I always think that he is a temperament guy who knows nothing about me, but he is actually care and love me a lot..”

 

“Listen Myungsoo-ya.. We can't choose who is our parents in this world.. We should be grateful with them.. Without them, then there are no you. There's no Kim Myungsoo.. And which means.. There will be no L!”, Himchan said.

 

L then chuckled, “You're right.. You got me, hyung.. To be honest, I was envy with you.. I still remember that your parents always support you with all your choices. I can't have parents like you, hyung.. That's why I often felt upset with my own parents..”

You're so stupid Kim Myungsoo.. How can you think mom and dad were like that..

L smiled to his own thought because of how stupid he is ever have that kind of thought about his parents.

 

Himchan laughed, “Ya you babo! If we can't have what we want, we should want what we have.. That way we'll be happy..."

 

L suddenly got a shock after he heard Himchan's words.

That words.. Where I ever heard it before?

L thought hard and finally he remembered.

Ah! I remembered now! That words was said by that frog when he tried to tell me about the other clue for my fifth mission.. (see Life 45 if you forgot ^^)

L's eyes grew big. So my target for this mission is....

 

L yelled, “Hyung!”

 

“Ne?”, Himchan answered.

 

"Your words before.. What do you mean?", L asked.

 

"My words? Which one?", Himchan asked back.

 

“Your last words about 'have' and 'want'..”, L sounds excited.

 

“Aahh..”, Himchan chuckled, “Of course it's about your parents! I mean.. You already have them, but you still want your parents to be like others' parents, right? You already have a great parents, Myungsoo-ya.. You just need to realize how lucky you are to be their son.. So.. Don't ever compare them with the others...”, Himchan explained.

 

L became quiet. He was thinking so hard.

Now if my parents are really the target for this mission.. Then what should I do? Heal their wounded heart? I really want to fix my relationship with them even if it's not my mission though.. I will do everything for that.. Okay then, I will heal their wounded hearts..

 

"Myungsoo-ya? Are you listening to me?", Himchan called.

 

L back to his sense, "Aah.. I listened, hyung.. Gomawoyo..."

 

"When we can't have the things that we want, we started to realize the real value of what we already have.. So.. You should visit them now and tell them how much you love them.. And tell them how important they are for you...", Himchan explained more.

 

L smiled, "Okay hyung.. But do you have any idea how to make them listening to my apologize?"

 

Himchan thought, “Hmm.. When we truly care for someone, their mistakes never change our feelings because it is the mind that gets angry but the heart still cares... So, as long as you can feel that they're care about you.. It means.. You're still the only son that told them your feeling..."

 

"Thanks a lot, hyung... I feel more relieve now...", L then nodded, "Ah hyung.. Why you call me? Don't tell me that you just want to know where I am..."

 

"It's good to learn, Myungsoo.. And actually.. I called you just to tell you that I'm officially in love with Bang Yoonjae! And I need your help! But.. Hmm.. I think now it's not a good time to talk more about it ...right?", Himchan said.

 

“MWO?!”, L yelled.

What's this?! I'd already heard your confession before.. But why should now...? You just throw salt into my wound, hyung..

L felt sad again but then he thought.

Hey wait! Why should I care about it?! Am I have that kind of feelings towards her? Aniya.. It's wrong.. Yes, it's wrong.

 

“Forget it.. Let's just talk about it later.. Tell your parents my regards, okay?”, Himchan said.

 

L blinked, “O-okay.. See you later, hyung..”, L quickly hung off his phone.

 

He then put the letter on the desk beside his bed and went to the toilet to wash his face. After that he open his door and bumped into Zelo's body (again) who stood in front of his door in a suspicious pose. Zelo exactly heard all his conversation with Himchan, and L knew it very well.

 

"You-", L looked surprised.

 

Zelo smiled awkwardly, "He-he.. We're not trying to hear you from here, LG.. We're just-"

 

"Aiiiish! What an idiot!", Daehyun hit Zelo's head.

 

L then just sighed and quickly ran to the hospital to meet his parents.

 

"We need to follow LG!!", Zelo yelled.

 

"Hey wait!", Daehyun pulled Zelo's clothes.

 

"Daehyunieeee waeee? We should follow LG now!", Zelo then be quite after he saw Daehyun pointed to the digital camera on L's bed.

 

"I got a feeling that maybe that thing can help too...", Daehyun smirked.

 

---------------------------------------

 

You and Moonsoo arrived at a music store. You quickly went inside while Moonsoo parked the motorcycle. There are so many albums in every cabinet of the store.

 

You dragged Moonsoo, who just went in after he parked the motorcycle, “Let's find all the albums that Infinite had released!”

Both of you quickly went to the k-pop's album section.

 

"Ha?! What that's for? Besides.. In the middle of time like this..", Moonsoo grew confused.

 

"Yaa.. Ppali! I know the percentage is really small but I believe..,”, you looked at Moonsoo, “Believe that maybe that zombie L wrote something to your parents inside the albums!", you then found Infinite albums and grabbed all of it. You tried to open one of them when suddenly someone halted you.

 

“Excuse me, miss.. You can't open the album without buying it first..”, a handsome man in hoodie said it to you with a very angelic smile.

You was amazed by his handsomeness for a few seconds, then you back to your sense, “Omo! S-sorry! Hehe..”, you laughed awkwardly.

 

“Noona! I don't know how much albums that Infinite had.. I maybe admire them, but I'm not their big fan..”, Moonsoo said to you.

 

You looked at him, “At least we should buy all the albums that available in this store..”, you quickly grabbed all Infinite albums and brought it to the cashier.

 

The handsome man from previous followed you to the cashier as well. It turns out that he is one of the staff in that store.

 

He talked to you with a big smile, “Wow.. You're really an Inspirit, don't you?”, he chuckled.

 

“Aishh.. PPALLI!”, you suddenly yelled because you were in a hurry.

 

The man looked so surprised, “O-okay..”, he quickly gathered all the albums and scanned all the price barcodes. After that he stated the amount that made you gasped.

You became panic since your money is not enough to pay all of it. Moonsoo glanced at you then giggled. You smiled to Moonsoo when suddenly he took a step forward and paid all of it for you.

 

“Save your money, noona.. I won't let a girl pay.. That's not in my dictionary..”, Moonsoo smirked.

 

“Waaa!! Thanks a lot, Moonsoo-ya!”, you hugged him and he chuckled.

The man in the cashier just looked at both of you weirdly then he just continued with his job. After done, he handed you a bag full of Infinite albums and smiled, “Thanks for buying in this store! Come again!”

 

You quickly grabbed it then turned your way to leave the store when suddenly he yelled, “Hey miss! Wait!!”

 

You turned your head, “Aishh.. WAE?!”

 

He approached you with a big smile, “Here is a bonus for you.. This is our first mini album.. We're not debut yet.. But we will.. Soon..”, he turned shy and handed you an album.

 

Moonsoo furrowed his eyebrows. What's wrong with this guy, huh?

 

You looked up at his smiling face.

What a weirdo.. But hey, it's for free and he's not a bad person anyway!

You grabbed the album, “Thank you!”, and then you looked at the album.

“B.. BTOB..? 'Born To Beat'..? A new boy group? So you're going to be an idol?”, you asked him.

 

He just nodded while smiling. You titled your head, “But why are you working here?”

He just smiled saying nothing..

 

“O-okay then.. Good luck for you! Once again, thank you!”, you then quickly left the store with Moonsoo.

 

Your phone suddenly rang and there was a text message from Yongguk.

Your eyes grew big, “Y-yongguk oppa?”, you quickly open the message and read it.

 

My baby Jae.. Oppa need to go somewhere because of my job..

So oppa can't go back home tonight :(

I'll be back the day after tomorrow in the morning, so take care baby.. Don't open the door for anyone else when I'm not home, okay?

I've put your dinner inside the refrigerator, you can just heat it up when you're hungry.. But be careful, okay?

Saranghaeyo my baby Jae~~ <3 <3 <3 <3

From: Yongguk oppa

 

Wow.. What a coincidence.. Thanks God he is not home so he will not know that I left home today...

You exhaled relievedly then smiled. You gave a short reply to Yongguk.

 

I understand oppa.. Take care! :)

From: Baby Jae

 

Moonsoo glanced at you while putting a helmet, “Who's that noona?”

 

You shook your head then you grinned, “Okay Moonsoo! Now let's go solve our mission!”

 

-------------------------------------

 

L ran to his parents' room, followed by Zelo and Daehyun. He stopped in front of he door and took a deep breath. He open it only to see his mom laying on the bed. He looked around but he couldn't find his dad.

 

"Where is my dad?", L then walked to his mom.

 

"Eh?! And where is Jae eonni and Moonie? They left before us, right?", Zelo pouted.

L sat on the chair beside his mom's bed then grabbed his mom's hand.

 

His expression soften, “Eomma...”, his voice sounded sad, “Mianhaeyo... I-”

He stopped his words and began crying again. He looked at his mom's pale face. She hasn't wake up and L became more worried.

 

L squeezed her hand, “What should I do, Zelo? Can you help me heal my mom?”, he said without looking at Zelo.

 

"Mianhae LG... Zelo is not God. Zelo can't do that. And what makes it the worse is... Zelo doesn't have powers now...", Zelo lowered his head.

 

"If anything bad happens to my mom.. I...I-I think I won't be strong enough to face it...", his voice sounds trembling.

 

"To be strong, you have to look to God, because when you look to yourself, you know you're not strong enough....", Zelo grabbed L's shoulder from the back.

 

"God is the one who planned this accident to my mom! It's a part of my mission, right?! It's ridiculous!”, L chuckled and felt like he was being betrayed by God.

 

Zelo then gave a deep stare to L, "You may never understand why God does things that cause you heartache, but you can be sure that God is not making any mistakes.. There's always be something behind it, LG.. That's why God let it happens...".

 

"It's not only heartache, Zelo.. But this is a ‘heartquake’ for me.. I feel so damn sad and I can feel something burn on my heart..”, L released his mom's hand, “Damn! My life is totally upside down now!", L lowered his head.

 

"If you think 'my life will be upside down'... Don’t worry... How do you know that down is not better than upside?", Daehyun suddenly said.

 

"Yeah!! And wait!! Maybe leadernim can help us to find a way!!", Zelo yelled.

 

Daehyun narrowed his eyes, "Are you an idiot?! If he come, it's definitely worse! I hope you didn't forget who he is and what his job is!"

 

"Eommaya!! You're right!! He's an angel of death!! He will come if someone will-", Zelo stopped his words after he looked at L's mom who was laying on the bed.

 

L's face then became panic. He grabbed his mom's hand again and prayed. He close his eyes and his tears fell down to his cheek again. He felt very bad to blame God, and he knew that he was the one who hurt his parents.

 

“Eomma... Please.. Wake up...”, he begged.

 

No longer after L finished his words, his mom suddenly opened his eyes very slowly. L could felt a little movement from his mom's hand so he immediately looked up.

 

“Eo-eomma!”, L surprised.

 

His mom tried her best to open her eyes then looked at L, “Myung.. Myungsoo-ya...”, she said in a very low voice.

 

“Eomma!!!”, L quickly hugged his mom while crying.

 

His mom smiled softly, “My son... Are you healthy?”, he L's hair lightly, “I miss you a lot... I hope this is not a dream...”

 

“Eomma...”, L cried more, “Mianhaeyo.....”

 

His mom smiled, “its okay... Where am I..?”

 

L sat back while wiping his tears, “Hospital..”

 

“Ah.. I remembered.. The car hit us and we both felt to the ground...”, L's mom then grabbed her head, “Ouch.. It hurts..”

 

L stood up and immediately helped his mom, “You should take a rest, eomma.. Don't think too much.. I will call the doctor to check on you..”

 

L put the blanket to cover his mom again. When he was about to go out to find a doctor, suddenly his dad was back to the room.

 

His dad yelled, “YAA! What are you doing here?!”

 

L's eyes grew big, “A-appa...”

 

"How dare you come here again! Get out from here! I don't want to see your face!!", L's dad pushed him out from the room roughly.

 

Zelo became panic, “Eommaya! L's dad is still angry!”

 

L tried to stop his dad, “A-appa.. I..”

 

His dad keep pushing him out, so he ended up outside the room. His dad slammed the door loudly and L could just sigh deeply. He lost his strength to explain to his dad. He leaned his back on the door then grabbed his head in frustration.

 

You just arrived with Moonsoo and both of you looked at L looking so solemn.

 

“L..?”, you looked surprised.

 

L looked at you and quickly wiped his tears. He cleared his throat and looked at you awkwardly, “Ya bird! What are you doing here?! Just go back to your home! Don't interfere with my family matter!”

 

“Ya hyung.. Are you crying? Are you being scolded by dad again?!”, Moonsoo approached him.

 

L didn't answer it and looked away. He then sat on the chair in front of his parents' room.

You could just stayed silent and stood still on your place, while staring at L.

 

“Listen hyung.. No matter what.. We should love our parents... We're so busy growing up, and we often forget they're growing old.. I'll try go inside and fix this mess...", Moonsoo tapped L's shoulder then went inside the room.

 

------------------------------------

 

"Honey.. You shouldn't do that to our son.. Our Myungsoo is very worried about us...", L's mom say to L's dad.

 

"That kid shouldn't be here. All he had to do is go back to Seoul and sing for his life...", L's dad then sat on his bed.

 

L's mom then yelled, "But-"

She could felt her head suddenly hurt. L's dad came to approach her and made her laying on her bed again.

 

"We should do something, Daehyunie!", Zelo poked Daehyun.

 

Daehyun exhaled deeply then pull something out from his pocket. It was the digital camera that L left on his bed. Before they went to the hospital, Daehyun and Zelo already saw the video that L recorded for himself.

 

"Yeah! Daehyunie! You sure are an angel with supernatural six sense.. You always know everything outside from what others think!", Zelo flicked his finger.

 

Moonsoo suddenly came inside the room, "Appa...eomma?!", Moonsoo then ran to his mom., "Eomma! You awake?! Thanks God!!", he hugged her mom.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter