Chapter 7: Going to work

Sleeping Beauty and the Campus Prince

 

 

Your POV 

I'm 10 blocks away from the cafe I'm working at and I couldn't afford to be late because I got a record to keep. I look at my watch and my eyes almost popped out when I saw I only got a minute left. My boss isn't that strict where she'll scold you immediately. She will ask for some explanation before redeeming if it's worthy enough or not. I haven't been scolded or been in trouble but I think this will be the first time because of those boys. I realize I only have 30 seconds so I made a dash for it.

5

almost there

I bumped into someone "sorry"

3

at the door

2

Straighten myself out

1

I greeted my boss.

"good afternoon Kyungmi" she chirped. Well as you can see my boss is a nice and bubbly person but she can be a monster specially if you call her old. I greeted her back and put on my uniform and apron. There isn't a lot of costumers today so I just wiped the tables. After wiping it I went to the library section and scan some books. I notice a novel I never seen before. My boss just popped out of nowhere and that really shocked me causing the book to fall.

"gah unnie you scared me” I clutch onto my chest while she pick up the book. “hehe sorry” she smiles then hand me the book. “that’s a new arrival today you can read it here since there’s no customers right now” I nod and bowed to her as a sign of respect. "oh don't be so formal" she pats my back as she went to the back.

Usually it's not only me who's here but almost all of the employees took a day off today. Well except me. I don't even know why our manager let them take a day off at the same time. She's just too nice for her own good.

The story is nice though it's a fantasy one the story is great. It's also a comedy so you won't get bored. The story is about an orphan girl who is always alone until she met several boys who's not from their planet and became her friend. They said she's the one who could save them and the universe so they set off on a journey. The story is really nice and funny that I haven't realized I'm almost at half of the book when I heard the cafe door open.

I put the book down and greeted the customer who turns out to be a lady. Maybe in her 40's. "welcome to Library cafe" I said and went to the table where she is sitting to get her order. "may I get your order ma'am?" she said she would like a chocolate cake and a coffee which I obliged.

"here's your order ma'am" she stared at me for a while then smiled "would you like to sit down?" she ask me but I shook my head. "come on I insist" I hesitantly sit down in front of her. "so tell me what's your name" she ask me "Kyungmi" I said while looking down. "don't look down I want to see your face" she said in a rather cute voice which made me crack a smile. 

"so how old are you?" she ask me "16" I meekly answered while I look at her. She seems to be frozen on the spot. "are you okay miss?" I guess she came back from reality because she laugh. "oh yes iy's just that you remind me of someone" I nodded. "thanks for accompanying me I'll be going now" she said after finishing what she ordered. She gave me the payment and left some tip for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I swear I did my best!