Chapter 41: Dreadful Scanning

Sleeping Beauty and the Campus Prince

Your POV

After collecting the last ingredient  which is cabbage (and a handful of argument in evry corner) we went to the counter. "have you seen anyone?" L ask and I shook my head. "I think we're first" I grinned and he smiled triumphantly. We went to the cashier who look at me weirdly. I wonder why when I suddenly remembered I was in the cart. I blushed and I think L still didn't realize that the cashier is staring weirdly at me. 

"L" I called out but he looks busy "L" I called a little louder. "What?" he finally look at me "I need to get out here if you want the things to be scanned" I said but he smirk "get out yourself" I rolled my eyes "I would have but the things inside are kind of preventing me to" I snapped. He seemed to be deep in thought "hmmmm..." I waited impatiently "call me oppa first" he said which made me choke on my saliva.

"Say what?" he smirk "call me oppa" I huffed "hell no" he shrug "your choice" I look at the cashier "could you please scan the things?" he nodded and get the other stuffs out. I never really paid attention but in the middle of him scanning things and getting stuffs out I felt him touching my legs going up. Before I could say something or move a hand already grip his hand tightly stopping it to go any further.

"What are you doing?!" L growled. The cashier stammered while I just look blankly ahead. It seems like everything was on screen and that I wasn't there. I just realized someone actually tried to take advantage of me and how I wasn't able to do anything about it but gape like a fish out of a water. I clenched my hands tightly. I should have known there were people like that. How could I be so naive? I have grown up in a cruel world, still, I'm easily fooled.

Everything felt like in slow motion with everything gray and I could hear things being said but my mind couldn't comprehend that I thought they were saying something gibberish. Everything seemed to go back to normal when someone lifted me up and place a hand tightly around my waist. I look at the person who's holding me and it appeared to be L who have a tight face.

I look at the cashier to see that it had been changed to a girl. She continued to scan the things while giving L a sultry look but he didn't notice it because he looks to be deep in thought. After the things have been scanned I reach for my wallet and was about to pay when L already beat me to it. "It's okay I can pay for myself" my voice got softer with each word when I saw L looking at me with an intense gaze that says 'shut up and I don't care about what you're going to say because I won't listen'

I kept quiet and when he handed the money the cashier touches his hand for a longer moment. "What are you waiting for?!" L snapped and she hurriedly took the money and gave the change. "Let's go" he said grabbing the grocery bags along with my hand. I still can't help but feel sorry for myself.

We sat in a bench (inside the super market) to wait for the others. I just sat there motionless but I could feel him looking at me. "I'm sorry" I said "tell me I'm stupid or something for letting that guy do those things to me" I said trembling when I remembered what happened. Sure I wasn't or anything but still the thought of him doing such things to me already make me feel so dirty.

"hey" he softly said "I'm stupid! A fool! I have lived alone for so many years but still I got fooled by those people. I hate being gullible. Being weak" With each word that I say I felt weight being placed on me getting heavier each time. "sshhh" he hushed me and pulled me towards him giving me a hug. At first, I was scared at the contact but soon calmed down when I heard him humming something familiar.

Don't cry for I am here

I will stay by your side

To protect you from any harm

That was bound to come your way

I'll hold you in my arms

And will sing you a lullaby

So you could dream something good

And to make you forget the bad

I will lay down with you on a grassy land

Will gaze up at the star while watching your eyes

Telling how you are prettier than anything that shines

Because you will be my personal star

Don't cry for I am here

I will stay by your side

To protect you from any harm

Even if it costs my life

as he finished I felt calmer but the feeling was still there. "it's okay" he whispered "I'm here to protect you" with that I cried. Not the loud one where people miles away can hear you but the silent one. He rubbed my back soothingly telling me it's alright. I never felt like this before. After a few moments I stopped crying and deattached myself from him.

He held out a handkerchief and I just look at it. He sigh then grab my glasses and rubbed my tears away gently. "you know it seems like a sense of deja vù" he chuckled. A few weight on me has been lifted up and I have to thank him for that. I gave him a genuine smile and he smiled back. "you kind of look different without your glasses" he said and I immediately grab it back.

"Sorry" I said "what are you apologizing for?" he asked "I should have been more careful" he flicked my forehead "I should be the one apologizing. If I have removed you from the cart then that man wouldn't have any reasons to act like that" he said. "Is the great L apoligizing?!" I mocked and he just scowled. 

The others soon came and the last one was Sunggyu, Sungyeol and Sungjong. Turns out Sungyeol was a handful to handle in the super market with him pestering them about buying things.

"noona are you okay? Have you been crying?" Sungjong asked "nothing's wrong Sungjong. I just got something in my eyes that's why" I said. "she got molested. That's what happeed" L said and everyone gasped. I look at him pleading not to continue anymore.

"What happened?" IU ask "it's nothing IU. Really" she scoff "so you being molested was nothing? Don't make me laugh Kyungmi. What happened?" I just rolled my eyes "you shouldn't worry about things like that" I said. "what?! Kyungmi he could've you! It's a good thing L was there or we don't know what could've happened." Sunggyu scolded.

Everyone was either lecturing me or scolding me xcept for Woohyun. "Woohyun say something!" Sunggyu turned to Woohyun. ''Where is he?" he ask "who?" "the man! Damn it! You think I would just let him get away with it?" he exploded "it's okay really" In said but I was unheard. He turned to L "what did you do to the man?" he ask.

"Just got him fired from his job-" "that's too soft" Woohyun scoffed but L rolled his eyes "then let me finish will 'ya?" this time Woohyun kept quiet "banned him from this super market. His face now being displayed on jail and... probably ruined his life" he said nonchalantly. "You what?!" I look at him with wide eyes.

Everyone look at each other "tell him he's out of his mind!" I pointed at L "I think it was only fair Kyungmi" Dongwoo said. "You think that is fair?" I ask "pretty much. I mean what he did was horrible so he deserved it" Hoya said and Sunggyu nodded in agreement. "But he only touched my legs!" I said "sounds molesting to me" Sungyeol piped up. "Besides, If I was L hyung I would have had him exiled in Alaska or something" I just look at them dumbfounded. "You guys are unbelievable" "and evil. Don't forget evil" IU added.

"Let's just go" I said as they followed me. I never thought they would go this far in ruining someone's life. But I know they did it because they're concerned for me. Concern, that word brings warm inside me. "wait for us Kyungmi!" I heard Sunggyu shout "stop being slow gramps" I shouted back and I heard everyone laugh. It's not just concern that gives warm to my body. It's THEM.

~~~~~~~~~~`

Sorry for the late late laaaaaaaaaaaaate update! I have a lot of things in mind so I'm really sorry if I updated until now.

I don't even know what came up to me when I wrote this chapter. Sorry if you guys didn't like it but I just thought that I want to see an over protective side of L along with a sweet and caring one. You guys must hve hate me right now, right?

I was originally planning to have a double update but writing this chapter took many time and I haven't done any homework yet. I'll just update tomorrow night and I have my word on it. And I was planning to post pictures during the fieldtrip but I realized I was using my laptop and the files aren't here and I'm too lazy to get up =.=

MY BIRTHDAY IS SOOOOO CLOSE!!! IT'S ON NOVEMBER 25! WHICH MEANS 3 DAYS AWAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! ^^

 

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENTS ARE LOVED!!!