Chapter 17: Work?

Sleeping Beauty and the Campus Prince

 

Your POV:

“Kyungmi/noona?” You guys guess it right It’s Infinite. “Oh hey guys” I look really cool on the outside. So cool it’s a bit suspicious of me. I accidentally look at L and he caught me. I didn’t look away and so did he but the others are too busy looking at the menu. He smirks then went back looking at the menu.

I squinted my eye at him but when they put down their menu I quickly composed myself.  “I didn’t knew you work here Kyungmi ah” Dongwoo suddenly said. “No I don’t I just passed by and decided to help for free” I said sarcastically but I think he didn’t get it because he smiled and said “really?! Wahhh you’re so nice” the others face palmed their selves and I began to question his mentality.

“So what would you like to order?” I ask while opening the notebook.  “well what’s the best one here?” Sunggyu ask. Are.You.Kidding.Me? They look at the menu then they’ll ask me? I look at them blankly “whatever is on the menu is what we serve” I said to them. Thenn our manager bouncing and smiling happily. I could even imagine rainbows and unicorns as her back ground. "you wear the same uniform in Kyungmi ah's school... perhaps are you her friend?" She ask and before I could answer they beat me to it. "yes" they chorused with a very bright smile that could blind anyone who see it.

"really?" I could see her eyes shining and sparkling like diamonds while I could imagining mine withering. "well what are you boys going to order?" she ask "well we don't really know what to order so we're asking Kyungmi what she would recommend" Sunggyu answered for all of them. "really?" she seems to be deep in thought. "It's okay we'll just order-" Woohyun was abruptly cut off  by my boss. "I think you should try our new specialty" she said. What??? new specialty... I never knew... Then it dawned on me "no" I shook my head "yes~" she sing song.

Flashback

"Kyungmi ah~" my boss sweetly said. i flinched knowing she wants me to do something. "what?" I scan my eyes around the surroundings . "can you do me a favor??" I really heightened my sense and my detector. "what is it?" I ask. I should know first what is it you know? "you need to agree first" she said and I'm not liking where things are going right now. "ermm..." I bend a little backward when my personal space is loosing slowly because she keeps on leaning forward. "please" she give me the puppy dog eyes. Sigh aegyos don't really affect me but she will keep on bothering me until I agree. "fine" I said. "okay I want you to make  me an original treat. You can use the kitchen and the ingredients inside. Consider this as you day off okay?" She pushed me towards the kitchen "have fun Kyungmi~" I heard her walking away. That boss is really unbelievale.

I made a dessert  using the resources the kitchen have and put it inside the fridge. I left the store and just went home thinking of the rest that I could get. We never really discussed about the  incident so I thought it was merely forgotten.

End of flashback

"really? Does it taste good?" Hoya ask "well you see Kyungmi is the one who will make the dessert because it's her original recipe" she said proudly. Sigh my boss really...  "really?! Then it must be very delicious" Sungjong exclaimed. "Of course! and I personally tasted it myself and it's like your in heaven with every bite" she gushed. "then we'll take 7 please" Sunggyu said while closing the menu book and setting it aside."oh and iced tea for our drinks" he added. "it would take about 15-30 minutes is that okay?" they all nodded. "go make their orders now Kyungmi" I sigh obeying her order and going in the kitchen.

Narrator's POV

As you started making the desser your manager and Infinite is talking. "how much is it miss?" L ask "just call me noona. Any friend of Kyungmi is a friend of mine" she said "and don't worry it's free" everyone was shocked "mwoh?" she smiled good naturedly "don't worry I'm just happy" they wear similar confused expression and the manager saw it then added "I know her for a long time. Maybe since she's eight years old?"

She chuckled remembering the first time she saw her "she entered the shop having several wounds and scar yet she shows no emotion. I ask her where's her parents bbut she said she don't have any. I started treating her wounds but she remained impassive. Ever since then she always come here after school. Though at first she never smile or laugh but after a long time trying she finally give in. You really need to win her trust first so she could open up to you. She's like a sister I never had because behind those exterior tough walls lies a girl who's really sweet and caring" the manager smiled almost tearing up "so I guess she trust you guys because your her friend. A sign of showing she trust you is giving you guys one of her genuine smile"

She said then turn her back against them but before she could leave she quickly added "please take care of her. She's yearning for people to love her and I think you guys are those people that can give her the love she wanted. Though nothing can beat a family's love please treat her like a family and don't hurt her. She's been suffering for too long" then she fully left.

The boys look deep in thought "hyungs" Sungjong called for theor attention "do you think she already trust us?" remembering you smiled at them (refer to Chapter 5) they shrug not knowing what to answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: ahhh it feels so good to update again. My readers I'm really sorry for not updating because I've been busy with school specially when we have to keep up an average of 85 percent. It's not just for honors but to all of us generally. So yeah forgive me neh~? Do you guys know the feeling after a day full of event filled with street dance, contest, and programs, after that you need to clean up all the mess and you're thanking the above for tomorrow is Saturday only to learn you also have classes the next day??? Believe me I know how it feels really!