Chapter 44: Why are you like this?

Sleeping Beauty and the Campus Prince

 

Your POV

“umhhh L could you let go now?” I asked as I was going to make the shakes. We’re just waiting for the éclairs to be finish being baked in the oven. “Nahh~” honestly I’m really getting irritated about this. *but you got to admit this feels great right?* shut up conscience! *stop trying to pretend you know you love it* argh!

I elbowed L on his stomach and he effectively let go. Well that’ll teach him a lesson. I look at him ‘innocently’ when I saw him rubbing his stomach with a glare. “What?” I ask and he just glared at me. Seriously he’s much more annoying than that cashier.

I got some fruits out the fridge and started washing them. I heard the chair being pulled and I look at L who’s already sitting. I turn back to what I was doing and started peeling and chopping things. “You know you’re very resourceful” I heard him say.

“How do you even know how to cook? Did your mom teach you?” I stopped for a while then continued what I was doing. He might have sensed something so he asks “did I say something wrong?” I shook my head “nothing” it was silent “so did your mom teach you?” I think this guy doesn’t even know how to take clues.

“I don’t have parents” I said as I put the fruits inside the blender and turned it on. It was quiet for a while until I turned it off and started bringing out the glasses “you know my big brother died when I was a child. The reason was because his girlfriend broke up with him. He committed suicide because he said he’d rather die than to lose her. I love my brother very much but he was taken away from me too soon.” his voice is a mixture of sadness and loneliness.

“Why are you telling me this?” I ask him “because I think it’s only fair for me to tell you a part of my life” he said “Why?” I turn around to look at him. He has a solemn expression on his face “it’s not fair to have you tell me you don’t have parents so I decided I’ll tell you that I lost my brother”

“There’s nothing unfair in telling you that I don’t have parents. It’s already given ever since that I don’t. And I don’t need any sympathy” the oven made a ding sound and I immediately rushed to get the éclairs with my oven mitts.

As I put it on the counter L spoke again. “I know. It’s just that I feel like it” he said. I took out the creams and fillings for the éclairs. “Why are you like this?” I said as I put the fillings in the éclairs. “Why am I like… what?” as I put the chocolate cream on top of the éclairs I faced him and said “why are you suddenly becoming like this? You’re not like this before and it’s creeping me out. I even heard that you’re really cold and emotionless so why are you saying stuffs like it’s not fair or not?” after that his expression suddenly changed.

“So you prefer to believe what others say than what you see?”He took a step forward which suddenly made me nervous. He’s emitting this some sort of aura that I don’t really understand. “Well…” I avoided his gaze “face me Kyungmi” his voice was like magic. Want to know why?

I never really follow anyone around but with his voice I immediately obeyed and saw him already in front of me. And I was like what the heck?!

“You believe what the people who doesn’t really know me?” he put both his arms on the counter purposely trapping me. “I…” I can’t even say a word after that. “Don’t just believe in what others say. And if you’re asking me why I’m like this then there’s a special reason for that”

He step back and gave me a smirk “remember what I said okay?” I just nodded my head. “so shall we serve those? I bet they’re hungry” he said and as if on cue Sungyeol shouted “Is it done yet? I’m hungry!”

~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: it's been a long time! And honsetly things will get better and better here so stay tuned ^^

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENTS ARE LOVED!