Chapter 51: Flat line???

Sleeping Beauty and the Campus Prince

 

L's POV

 

"My necklace" was the last thing before she fainted. Luckily I caught her before her head hits the floor. With my free arm I tapped her cheeks as I shook her body. "Kyungmi? Yah!" I called but her only response is her ragged breathing and shivering body.

 

The door bursts open revealing the rest of Infinite along with IU.  

 

"What happened to her?" ask Sunggyu hyung. "She was beaten up and then was pushed into the pool. There are two possibilities why she almost drowned: One, her body is two tired and beaten up to even move or..."

 

"She can't swim" IU said. L looks at them "And that's number two" IU shook her head "No really, she can't swim" IU said and all of us stared at her. "I'm going to kill thjose es!" I was about to stand when they stopped me. "Chill dude. And besides, you're holding Kyungmi" Hoya hyung said.

 

"What did you guys do to those... girls?" I was planning to call them devils but decided against it. "Directed them towards the Principal's office" Dongwoo hyung said. "You guys are too nice" I growled.

 

Sungyeol hyung tsked. "Are you forgetting who's the son of the owner of the most prestigious school here? We can always kick them out. And take note that we just don't own one school. We're talking about half of Korea's population entering and working at our schools." he said. "And of course who's the niece of the highest general in the military?  If they ever decided to leave the country then they should be prepared because there will be a lot who would be chasing them. And besides we own lots of airport all over Korea and even abroad. We can just black list them. “Hoya hyung said.”Are you guys even forgetting the son of the owner of the top class agencies out there? We could always have our best private agents to catch them." Sungjong said.

 

I smiled at them. It was almost a perfect moment until IU coughed breaking the atmosphere "I hate to disrupt this lovely bromance atmosphere but Kyungmi's breathing is becoming more ragged and she's shivering like crazy." she said. 

 

I checked Kyungmi's forehead for her temperature. "" I suddenly cursed out loud. "What's wrong?" Woohyun hyung asked. "Does she have a fever?" he asked and I shook my head. "Her temperature is really low. When is the ambulance coming?" I ask them.

 

"About that... They said they couldn't come immediately because of an emergency. They said that it's going to take 30 minutes or so" IU said.

 

"What? We got to take her to the hospital!" Dongwoo hyung said. "She might be suffering from hypothermia wherein her core temperature drops below the required temperature for normal metabolism and body functions." he said and we all stared at him. "Hyung, when did you get so smart?" Sungyeol hyung asked him and he just huffed. Dongwoo hyung looked at me "You're also shivering. Tell me how cold the water is?" he asks. I didn't answer as I shrug my shoulders. 

 

I saw Sunggyu hyung in the corner of my eye go to the pool. "Holy guacamole! The water is freezing. It feels like a bundle of freezing colas!" he said.

 

"Well that explains it. But how come the pool is freezing? I thought that the school maintains the temperature here"  Hoya hyung wondered. We all look at Sungyeol "What? All I know nis that we maintain the temperature to average ones here. But if this isa the case then someone's been playing with the control room."

 

And that's when the fight begins forgetting what we should have been doing by now.

 

"Oh for goodness's sake! Just take her to the hospital!" I shouted and everyone stopped. We look at Kyungmi who is now babbling incoherent things.

 

"ndshnuhpNADjsffinv[[[pajteau92u4mvknd" we all look at each other "I think she said something about a panda performing in a concert while doing acrobatics" Sungyeol hyung said and we look at him with a 'wtf' expression.

 

I carried Kyungmi bridal style as we went to the parking lot walking briskly (well more like dashing but never mind). I put her inside my car as Sungyeol hyung took the shotgun seat. We drove to the nearest hospital which happened to be one of the Jang's lines of hospital. In short, Dongwoo hyung's family owned the hospital.

 

I parked the car hurriedly as I carried Kyungmi inside the hospital. We went to the reception "This is an emergency!" I said. The nurse who was chewing a gum obnoxiously looked at me and batted her eyelashes. 

 

I rolled my eyes as I growled. "Hurry up!" I roared. She scoffed "And who are you to order me here? As you can see we are quite busy in here.x" she gestured towards the hallway. "I don't care! Just put her in the Emergency Room! Can't you see? She's freezing here!" I said but she just ignored me. “And you just can't barge in like that. This is a high class hospital and poor people like you" she looks at me "shouldn't be here"

 

I look at her nametag 'Shim Mina' I cursed inside my head. 'This girl is going to get fired before the dawn' I thought to myself. "Hyung!" I look around and saw him talking on the phone. "Dongwoo hyung said they're almost here." As if on cue 6 people barge in (including IU) and headed towards us. 

 

"Why is she still here? Can't you see she's almost dying?" Woohyun hyung screamed that caught everyone's attention. I sigh irritatedly "Apparently the stupid little dog here can't understand and said that WE shouldn't be here. She must've thought we were poor people. Dongwoo hyung, what do you do with nurses like them?" I ask as I saw the nurse's eyes widen in recognition when she saw Dongwoo.

 

"What a very stupid question L!" he said in a high voice "Of course we fire them. Not only that but I'm quite sure for rejecting us, her license will also be taken away" he said. "Aren't you being too nice to her?" ask Sunggyu hyung with a dark voice.

 

Then I felt Kyungmi getting much colder and her teeth are now chattering loudly. "!" I said. Dongwoo growled at the nurse "Now unless you don't get her to the ER then I think we wouldn't be too kind and will just have you arrested if our friend dies here"

 

The nurse with shaking hands dialed something and seconds later doctors rushed and put her in a gurney. We were running beside them "She has hypothermia" the doctor said. 'No Sherlock' I thought to myself. The doctors took a turn and we watched as she was rushed inside the ER. 

 

We waited outside. Half an hour later we saw Mr. and Mrs. Nam rushing towards us. "How is she?" Mrs. Nam asked. "We don't know" Woohyun hyung replied as I saw worry and fear evident on their faces.

 

"Could you tell us what happened?" asks Mr. Nam. I feel several gaze on me as I look at each of them. "What?" they kept staring. I sigh "fine" then I relayed to them what happened including her last sentence. After I finished everyone is quiet. I could see the dark look on Mr. and Mrs. Nam’s face.

 

“Dear, do you think it’s the same Im who’s asking us to invest in their company so they could have an expansion?” Mrs. Nam asked her husband. “I think so. I remembered that Mr. Im said that he had a daughter.” Mrs. Nam smiled sweetly at her husband. “Then I think you know the right thing to do” she said.

 

The doctors went out and we immediately rushed to them. “How’s her condition?” we all asked at the same time. The main doctor I presumed looks confused but still answered.  “Her condition is very unstable right now. It would be advisable if she would stay here until she gets better” he said then left.

 

We asked the nurse where her room is and one by one all of us went inside. We were all surrounding her. It was silent and all we could hear was the heart monitor beeping which means that she’s still alive. Carefully, I placed my hand on top of hers as I listen to her silent breathing. If that even makes sense.

 

“toooooooooooooooooootttttttttttt” we all heard a long flat line. We look at each other before one by one they started bursting into tears. “Kyungmi… No!” I said as I hold her hand. I slapped her cheeks lightly. ‘No! No! No! No! No! This can’t be happening’ I said to myself but the long flat line indicates that it is happening.

 

“Hehe… Sorry guys, I accidentally stepped on the wire.” Sungyeol hyung said while sheepishly scratching the back of his neck. They all stopped crying and looked him with murderous glares.

 

“LEE SUNGYEOL!!!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating for 2 days! I got too engrossed in watching Prince of Tennis!!! AHHHHH~~~~~~~~~~~ Ryoma is so Hot! Also the other characters like Tezuka and Fuji!!! Why??? The world deserve more good looking people like them!

Hehe... Got too carried away ^^