Chapter 48: Pain and Sadness

Sleeping Beauty and the Campus Prince

Narrator's POV

"I'm here to talk to your... sister" Mrs. Nam said. "Sister?!" Kyungmi asks faintly though she could feel her heart hammering her chest she tried to think of other things. "Sister? I didn't know Woohyun's a girl" she tried to joke, convincing herself that his mom just made a mistake.

After all she couldn't  be his sister. She thought.

She looks at everyone who seemed more surprise. It wasn't because they never knew what's going on. They did, but they were surprised because they never thought it would be this soon. 

Even IU were shocked. She have listened to the conversation of Woohyun and L before, but only knew what's really going on yesterday when she overheard and decided to partake in it.

The atmosphere wasn't awkward but tense. It seems like everyone's afraid to make a move or to even talk. 

"Kyungmi, my daughter" Mrs. Nam tried to talk but she was abruptly cut off. "I'm not your daughter! I'm no one's. I have no parents so what makes you think I'm yours?" she was clenching her fists. She's not sure whether this woman in front of her is her mom but she don't care. 

Hearing that coming from someone who she met only two times including now was considered absurdity to her. Why didn't they tried to find her before? Did they even tried to find her until now? Why did they have to show up when she's already contented with her life. And most of all, if they DID want her why show up when it's too late? she asks herself.

"You!" she turn to Woohyun "did you know about this?" he stayed quiet. "How about you guys?" she look at the others but they avoided her gaze. The only one brave enough to look at her was IU.

"I only knew about this yesterday" Kyungmi felt her eyes b her tears. 

"Was this the reason you guys befriended me?" Infinite looked offended by her words.

"Do you really think badly of us?" Woohyun ask with tears almost falling in his eyes. He just couldn't believe Kyungmi would react this way. Sure he knows it would be a bit negative but he didn't really expected to be like this.

Myungsoo decided it would be the time to speak his thoughts "Kyungmi, I know all of us haven't met that long. We just suddenly appear in the last year of your high school life and befriended you. I know it seems suspicious because we just suddenly take interest in you but do you think we would be like that? If we didn't really care for you and we just wanted to know you're Woohyun's missing sister then he could've just ask for a DNA test straight away and won't care for you if you're not. But he didn't do that, did he? He treated you like a real sister without you asking him to. We treated you like a friend and now you dare to doubt us?"

She didn't know. She didn't know what to believe. She knows it's a very senseless question to ask but the feeling of confusion and betrayal was driving her helpless. She felt what L said was true but she wasn't ready. She has never prepared for anything like this.

"My daughter" Mrs. Nam called helplessly. "I'm not your daughter!" Kyungmi hissed.

"Will you just let us explain?" Woohyun tried.

"Explain? HA! What for? To feed me all your reasonings? Fine, let's say I'm your daughter" she turned to Mrs. Nam with a hint of sarcasm "why didn't you tried to find me before? And why, of all times show up now when I'm already settled with my life?" tears were now falling one by one with every word she says. Though she wiper her tears that doesn't mean it would stop falling endlessly.

"Could you please explain because you don't know what I'm feeling right now. It's not like you guys were the one alone. It's not like you guys were the one who have to work hard for everything in order to survive or even to enter school. It's not like you guys were the one who celebrates every occassions alone. And it's not like you guys were the ones who was wishing for at least one person to make me feel or at least teach me what it's like to love" 

"Your necklace" Mrs. Nam started and Kyungmi involuntarily clutched it "was given to you by your brother; Woohyun, on your 5th birthday. It was also the last day we saw you. You were kidnapped. And believe me, we tried so hard to find you but we just can't. And when the culprit was finally he said you were probably dead. You didn't know how it was hard for us to accept that fact. To lose a daughter, it feels like I have also lost a part of my life." she sobbed and Kyungmi looks away.

She didn't know if what she's saying is true but the sight of this woman crying in front of her was surely breaking her heart. 

"Get out" Kyungmi said. Everyone looks at her "just please get out. I need some time alone" she pointed to the door. "Kyungmi" Sungyeol called out "what?" 

"Can we first get our stuffs?" Kyungmi nodded.

After getting all their stuffs Mrs. Nam look at Kyungmi "If you ever need us, we'll be there for you"

"just... please, I want to be alone" after the door have closed Iu clamped a hand on Kyungmi's shoulder. "Kyungmi, you know you can cry right? I'm here for you" Kyungmi turned and hugged IU sobbing. 

IU is pained to see the usual tough, composed girl is now crying in her arms and she couldn't do anything but to hold her and give her at least the comfort she can give as best friend.

"Why does things have to be like this?" Kyungmi cried and IU rubbed her back soothingly. 

"Sometimes, we need to experience pain and sadness in order to know what happiness would feel"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: 

So what do you think? Sorry if I haven't updated for a week. Do you think it would be much better if I write in this perspective? I'm sorry if it haven't been a bit emotional as you expected it but I'm sure it will be in the next chapters. I would like to know what you think of this chapter so please do say it.

Anyway this story will reach 200 subscribers soon and I already have a plan about the special chapter. In fact, I have been typing it already ^^

Please have patience because exam would be in the 3rd week of January so I need to review, review and did I say review?