Chapter 49: It's been awhile

Sleeping Beauty and the Campus Prince

Kyungmi's POV

As I stared blankly at the wall another sigh escaped my lips. "Kyungmi" IU called. I didn't look at her, instead I just continued to stare at the wall. "I'm okay IU you don't need to worry" I said. "Kyungmi" she called out her tone much weaker. "I already told you IU, I'm fine. Okay?" I look at the floor and another sigh escaped my lips.

Why do I feel so empty? Why do I feel so sad?

"Kyungmi" IU called out again and I sigh and look at her. "I already told you I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me." She looks at me straight in the eye. "Honestly, I don't really care if you're fine or not right now because I'm hungry! We haven't even finished breakfast and right now look at the time! And I can't function properly with an empty stomach." She pouted and I look at the clock and saw that it's already 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

I made an 'o' shape and nodded. That's when I heard my stomach growling. "I guess I'm hungry too" I said and went to the kitchen. "What would you like to eat?" I ask her. "Anything as long as it's edible!" she said and I heard the television being . I look around and saw the unfinished breakfast on the table. I collected the plates and disposed of the leftovers.

"Hey IU!" I called "yeah?" the volume of the tv got lower. "Do you know how to wash the dishes?" I ask. It would kind of take a long time to prepare if I'm still going to wash the dishes. It was silent for a moment. "Hey!" I called out to her. "Uhhh..." 

Rolling my eyes I put the dishes on the sink "It's just a yes or no IU!" the sound of the television being turned off was heard followed by a series of footsteps. "Sort of? I don't really wash the dishes but I watch our maids do the housework" she said as she approach me. 

"That will do" I mumbled to myself as I point at the dishes. "Wash those" she pouted "But Kyungmi..." I clicked my tongue "No buts. If you don't wash the dishes I won't cook our lunch" she muttered something under her breath before turning back to the dishes.

'Good luck IU!' I said to myself.

Looking around I tried to decide what to cook for a late lunch.  I decided to just cook an ordinary lunch of rice and spicy pork and kimchi stir fry.

I prepared all the ingredients and started to cook. I was halfway done when "That smells good!" I jumped surprised and look at IU with my wok pointing at her. "No need to get antsy" she said as I return to cooking.

"You should seriously stop that" I said as I turn off the stove and grabbed a bowl to put the viand. I set it on the table and put rice on both our bowl. "Finally! I'm starving" she said as she started eating. I shook my head as I started eating too.

Weekends passed by quickly and soon enough it was already Monday.

I trudge to the school slowly. I saw Infinite waiting by my locker so I decided to go the other way.

Honestly speaking I'm not ready yet to face them. After what happened.

I went into class and sit on my chair. Soon enough everyone was in class and so is L and Sungyeol. The teacher started discussing when a note was slipped on my desk.

'Let's eat lunch later'-- L

I crumpled the note and just paid attention to the teacher.

All throughout the school I've been avoiding them. In my locker, the room, instead of going to the cafeteria I pass time in my garden. They seemed to be everywhere. Even outside the girl's restroom!

As the school day slowly ended the teacher called me to return some stuffs in the store room near the swimming pool. As I finish returning the things I heard an oh-so-familiar voice.

"It's been awhile orphan nerd"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haha! I can't wait to update so here~ TADA~!!!

Sorry if it's kind of short but the next chapter would somehow be thrilling! For me I guess. Now who can guess what will happen?