Chapter 54: Talk about awkward

Sleeping Beauty and the Campus Prince

Narrator’s POV

“I’m the worst brother ever!!!” Woohyun wailed as he along with Infinite and IU lounged at the nearest café from the hospital. Ever since Kyungmi has been awake, she never talked to anyone and just stared blankly at the wall in front of her. She barely even acknowledges the doctor and the nurse.

“I knew it! I just knew that she’s going to hate me! NOOOO! MY LITTLE SISTER HATES ME!” He wailed louder than ever, if that’s ever possible considering that he already exceeded fifty decibels. The others just sighed in annoyance for having such a whiny and emotional (or ever reacting in Myungsoo’s words) friend.

Sunggyu, being the kind and understanding best friend that he is (or more like he’s a person who has a sense of self preservation because really, he would rather face Woohyun and his whining than to face the angry glares directed at him that says, do-something-about-this-stupid-guy-or-you-shall-suffer-the-consequences look.) he tried to smile (tried is the keyword here because to be perfectly honest, it looks like a grimace) and asked his best friend in the nicest way possible.

“How did you know that she hates you?” Woohyun looked up tearfully and the others have to give their best effort to not laugh at the comical view, but a few snorts were heard that was quickly disguised by coughing.

“You’re asking me why? You’re asking me WHY?!” At first, he was talking softly but gradually grew louder and more hysterical. The others winced when they felt that their eardrums were about to burst. It’s even a wonder to them when the manager hasn’t kicked them out yet. Though it seems like the manager would snap anytime soon but is refraining himself if not for the fact that they have ordered a lot of things.

“She doesn’t want to talk or even look at me! ME! Her big brother!” he said.

“Her supposed big brother who she hasn’t seen in like, more than a decade or so? Basically, you guys are strangers.” Everyone glared at Sungyeol who in that moment chose to say something smart.

Sunggyu tried to comfort Woohyun by saying, “Don’t worry. She didn’t look or talked to us either so we’re basically in the same boat. All she did was stare at the wall like some crazy girl. Wait, no, I don’t think she’s just staring dumbly at the wall. This is Kyungmi we’re talking about. Maybe she’s thinking deeply or something” he said, more likely to convince himself that no, he’s not friends with another crazy person. He just had enough of them.

IU who heard this chose not to comment even if she knew that her friend was just staring at the wall and not thinking or something that Sunggyu has in his mind. After all, the only thing she could do is to somehow save her friend’s image and stop it from becoming the crazy girl who just stared at the wall (not that she has any but, let’s leave it at that). But she couldn’t help but wonder if they knew the saying, “birds of the same feathers flock together.” After all, if she isn’t crazy even for a little, she wouldn’t get along with them.

“But… but… Didn’t you guys notice how she acted?” Woohyun asked them. Silence loomed over them as they remembered the events in the hospital.

Flashback

“KYUNGMI!!!” they all shouted as she just stared in surprise. parted slightly and was about to say something but chose to just stay silent. Woohyun went beside her and gently touched her left shoulder.

“Hey, is there something wrong?  Does your head hurt? Oh my! Did you have amnesia? What should we do? Sungjong, call the doctors immediately!” Woohyun said, with panick seeping into his voice. Dongwoo smacked his head and sighs, exasperated of his friend’s antics.

“Relax, the force isn’t enough to cause her amnesia so quit your yapping.” He said.

“How would you know? You’re not a doctor!” Woohyun said.

“Correction, I’m not a doctor, yet. And besides, have you forgotten that we own a lot of hospital so I should somehow be knowledgeable about our family business.” Dongwoo retorted calmly.

“But still, call the doctor! Maybe she had a concussion!!!” Ah, Woohyun… The ever worried and protective brother.

“She didn’t even bump her head. She only has hypothermia.” Hoya pointed out.

Woohyun fell silent and just stared at Kyungmi. Everyone followed his actions and they saw her staring at the wall and being poked by Myungsoo. Oh…

“Yah! What’re you doing?! She might get a bruise!” Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

“Well, let me see how you guys would try to get a reaction from her.” He said and they saw Kyungmi staring at the wall. She never talked to them; she just stared ahead even when the doctors arrived to check her conditions. She just talked when asked about her condition.

They stayed there for hours until it’s time for her to sleep.

End of flashback

“Talk about awkward.” Sungjong said and they all agreed silently in their own mind.

“Well, it’s time to tortu- I mean; check on those girls’ families… whose daughters are the reason why Kyungmi’s in hospital and not talking to us.” Woohyun said.

“Hey, let me come with you.” Myungsoo said, and then he heard several coughs. “I mean, let us come with you.” he grinned already planning several tortur—I mean, negotiations with their family. He didn’t notice the others with the same expression as his. After all, who would, when they’re in their own personal bliss?

Oh, this would be lovely indeed.

In their own mind, they're having their own version of happily ever after (torturing their families and all) while performing their own evil laugh.

Nothing can stop me!

It was their last thought as they exit the cafe leaving the temperature cold and the other customers shivering.

"I knew I shouldn't let them in." Said the manager of the cafe as the waiter cleaned their table and collected the large tips left by them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n:

*gasp!*

I'm alive! OMG! IT'S BEEN SO LONG! Who knew applying for a good college is this hard?! Gah! My head is aching from all that reviewing done! But on the bright side, because of those review sessions, I'm having lots of ideas for this story again and I'm not having a massive author's block anymore!

Sorry for those who waited sooooooooo long. Special mention to Gyutieful

Hey! Don't think that I don't read your comments!!! I love them so much to just ignore them!!!

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING TO MY STORY!!!