Chapter 19: A new friend... Sister?

Sleeping Beauty and the Campus Prince

 

Narrator’s POV:

As you enter the corridor you saw Yoona together with her group laughing and chattering. Then a girl passes by them who had her head hung lower as they continued to laugh and snicker. The girl accidentally bumped in to you causing the books that she have to fall.

“sorry” she said while you helped her picking up her books. Her head is still hung low “it’s okay” both of you stood up but she never showed her face. “here” you handed her books “are you okay?” you ask her. Usually you’re not this caring to others and you don’t even know why you’re talking to her. All you know is that there’s something about this girl that you like.

“yeah, sorry” she tried passing you but you stopped her. You raised her head up and saw her face is full of marks, bruises and scars. Now that you look at her closely she also has some bruise on her arms and legs. Then you remembered Yoona “was it her?” you ask but she kept quiet. “Tell me” she shook her head “I need to go” but you didn’t let her pass and you dragged her to your classroom. Yes you guys are classmates but you never really socialize with others.

The classroom is really empty so it’s the perfect time to talk with no one listening. “Yoona did this right?”  she didn’t answer “answer me” you use your typical cold voice. She whimpered then nod. You softened at her sight “hey” you touched her shoulder and you could feel her flinch under the contact.

“I’m not going to hurt you okay?” Don’t worry I’ll take care of her” you promised “how?” she look at you with those adorable eyes. “don’t worry Jieun ssi” she look at you in surprise “you actually know my name?”  you chuckled at her cuteness. Yeah this girl brings the best out of you “well I should know the name of my classmates… even if most of them are jerks” you said the last part softly but she heard it. “well nice meeting you too Kyungmi ssi” you tilted your head “you know my name?” this time it’s her turn to chuckle “yeah” she smiled at you and you returned it. At that moment you knew it’s the start of a wonderful friendship.

Your POV

I asked her why did Yoona beat her up “oh don’t worry it’s nothing” she tried to brush it away and change the topic “oh you read hat book?” She pointed at the book I took out. “yeah, now answer me” she look at me with puppy eyes but I just look at her like it’s not affecting me. “well…” she fiddled with her fingers “I just bumped into her and she started beating me up” “what?!” my voice got slightly louder. I mean who wouldn’t be mad when she just bumped into her and she already beat her up. Right now I’m ready to smash her face and even my hands are balled in fists.

I think she noticed this because she took my left hand and wrapped it with hers. “please… Don’t I don’t want anyone to get in trouble because of me” I could see her intentions are good but I can’t just let Yoona go around walking in this school beating every people up. “but jieun ssi-“ “IU… Call me IU” I sigh   “ but IU ssi-“ “oh drop the formalities ok? We’re friends…right?” I smiled and she looks so cute. “But IU I can’t just let her walk around beating everyone up” I reasoned out because truthfully I’m itching to get revenge on her so it’s hitting two birds with one stone. “I know. But please?” “but-“ I was cut again this time by the bell. “Let’s talk later okay?” she nodded.

~Lunch~

The bell finally rung and IU went to me. “Kyungmi~ let’s go! I’m hungry” We’re definitely going to get along. “me too. Let’s go?” After fixing my things we went to the locker first and coincidentally our lockers are next to each other. “You’re locker’s here?” I ask her “yeah, yours too?” I nodded. We put our things then went to the cafeteria.  Everything’s crowded the usual “do you have your packed lunch?” I ask her “yeah” good because I don’t want to eat here “let’s just go to the garden” I have a secret place there so we can eat there. “uhhh are you sure?” She ask with uncertainity “yes why?” I raised an eyebrow “because some people over there are waving at you like a lunatic” I followed her sight and saw Infinite. “oh Infinite” Infinite?! I need to get away from here with IU! They can’t bother her too. “Infi—what?!” “you don’t know Infinite?” “you mean something never ending?” “uhh no’

“why don’t we immediately go to the garden ASAP” Then someone gave me a bear hug from behind “noona~” Oh Sungjong what am I going to do with you? “Let me go Sungjong” he let go then he look at IU “oh is she your friend noona?” he ask “yeah”  “annyeong~ Sungjong imnida” he said cheerily “annyeong” she put on a poker face. Whoah this girl is like me “she’s like you noona” sungjong commented “I know” then he grabbed both of our hands and led us to Infinite’s table. “guys~ noona ha a new friend” the others look at her “annyeong” they greeted.

The lunch is somehow normal except for the fact that both me and IU want to eat peacefully but Infinite kept bothering us.

~End of School~

“bye Kyungmi ah” IU bid goodbye. “Bye” I said. Time for work. Everything is usual except for the fact that someone is following me.  After my work I went to the park as usual. “Get out” I said and I saw the bushes move. First appearing is Sungjong, followed by L. Sungyeol, Hoya, Woohyun, Dongwoo, and Sunggyu.

“really now?” they nodded happily. “oohh playground” Sungjong said and Sungyeol followed. “kids” Sunggyu called but they kept on running. Then Sungjong tripped and he sigh. “tough work” I said then snickered. He went to Sungjong’s side then he talk to him. He look at our dire3ction “buy Sungjong an ice cream” Dongwoo and Hoya went to the ice cream stand. Only Woohyun and L is left. “and a cotton candy” L sigh.

Woohyun sat beside me. “I know they’re troublesome but they’re great people” I look at him “so only them? What about you?” he laugh. “Okay fine. I know sometimes we’re like crazy people but… We’re cool alright?” I just snickered at his lost for words.

“you know you’re like my sister” he said suddenly “huh?” he look at the sky “you’re like my sister” “you have a sister?” I ask “well… I don’t know” Okay I’m confuse “what do you mean” I saw a flash of sadness on his face “well I have a sister before… But she was taken away from us. We tried everything but we can’t really find her. I love her. I really do. For me she’s the most important girl in my life because she’s my sister. I just hope wherever she is she’s fine and happy. If we ever meet again I’ll like to say how much I love her even now” I saw tears coming out from his eyes. I just don’t know why I’m affected by this. Like there’s some connection between us. I don’t know why I feel move by his words. Like… Ugh! I don’t know.

I saw him wipe his tears “as I said you’re like my sister” “why?” he shrug “I don’t know there’s a big similarity between you two” he look at me “so I’m asking can you be my sister?”He ask “eh?” I feel dumbfounded right now “CAN.YOU.BE.MY.SISTER?” He enunciated each word. “why?” I ask “because I feel like you’re someone I could trust. So can you?” He gave me puppy dog eyes I just nod uncertainly still not taking everything clearly.

Woohyun’s POV

She agreed. I guess it’s the first step in knowing if she’s really my sister. I really want to know if my sister is still alive. But I have this feeling that she really is. Sigh. But everything is not an act when I said I want her to be my sister. I feel that I could trust her and she’s giving me this feeling of calmness…. Just like Kyungmi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

yeah I know it's too early for that but I'm just asking ya know? Sorry for the delay but I have lots of things to do. So just please wait for me okay? Gosh I sound like a girl talking to his neglected boyfriend. But eewww... That's not gonna happen ^^