14.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

After brushing my teeth I put the cover of the toilet bowl down and sat on it. I frowned as I thought about the discussion I overheard this morning particular two lines repeating in my head.

"You will never get her with that attitude."
"I'm not trying to get her."

What did Jiyong mean with that? How can he say something like that and then kiss me and tell me he loves me? And he even keeps telling me not to go out with Taeyang. Why is he doing this? Or did those words mean something else? But that's like practically saying he doesn't care about me at all yet I can feel it, he really cares. I know him the best, I've known him since he was a little kid, I can tell what he is feeling no matter how he tries to hide it. Or then he has become a really good liar and actor. What should I believe? My heart and brain are telling me different things.

And what's with Seung Hyun? Why is he concerned about me and Jiyong getting together? Does he really love Bom? Du'h, I saw the kiss! Yet... there is something weird going on. Something I can't quite point my finger at. I rubbed my chin.

"Are you taking a dump or something?" Jiyong knocked on the door "You have been there for 20 minutes already."

I glanced dully at the door and let out a frustrated sigh. What am I going to do with you, Jiyong? What? When will I be able to really figure you out?

"Why? You want to take a dump that bad?" I asked as I walked out from the bathroom.

"I already took one" Jiyong said nonchalantly.

"Thanks for telling me."

"It was big and- owww"

I smacked his arm "Idiot."

"Nuna, come quickly" Daesung pulled a chair out for me. "You must be really hungry, right?"

I looked at all the delicious food on the table, it was like on the pictures of a cooking book and it smelled so delicious.

"Whoa?" I quickly grabbed my chopsticks "Where did you get this all from?" and started stuffing my mouth.

"You look like a pig" Jiyong commented and took a seat next to me.

"Hyung made it all" Daesung smiled.

"What?" I started coughing "What?"

"Geez" Jiyong pat my back "Slow down."

"He made this?!" I looked back and forth the guys.

"Close your mouth, it's disgusting" Jiyong nagged.

"I told you he is good at cooking" Daesung's smile widened.

"But yesterday he was beating up gangsters and racing and today..." I muttered in disbelief as my gaze fell over all the food. "Why didn't he just become a cook then?"

"He would have totally gone to waste as a cook" Jiyong snickered "That would have been so gay."

"I think men who can cook are y, but you wouldn't understand" I teased.

"I can cook too."

"Yeah..." I glanced at him from the corners of my eyes.

"Yah!" Jiyong suddenly snatched my chopsticks away "Shut up."

"Someone is jealous" Daesung teased playfully.

"You too, shut up" Jiyong glared at him.

I grabbed my spoon "Anyway, this is so good."

"By the way nuna, I was thinking maybe you would like to do something fun today" Daesung suggested. "So you wouldn't think about yesterday..."

"I'm all right, really" I rest assured even though it scared me what will happen to me when they leave and I stay alone with my thoughts. Especially after I overheard the discussion this morning. I shuddered thinking that the bodies yesterday might have not been simply dead bodies.

"How about we take you to Lotte World" Daesung smiled. What am I? A kid?

"No way, that's so lame" Jiyong commented.

"You don't have to come then" I looked at him dully.

"You are not really going?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yes we are" I announced.

The heck, might as well go and take my thoughts off all these depressing things. If I go with Daesung I am sure it will be super fun!

Jiyong dropped us off at Lotte World but refused to come himself. I am sure just because he was too embarrassed to admit he was scared of all the super fast and high devices.

When we were smaller I forced him go to the roller coaster with me and he almost peed his pants. After the ride he dashed to the bathroom to throw up, I swear I have never seen anyone as pale as he was back then. He wouldn't stop shaking for 20 minutes and even started crying.

I didn't know he would get that scared. I felt really bad afterwards. I even saved some candy for him and I never share my candy. That's how sorry I was.

As we were buying tickets I thought about Taeyang and asked Daesung if he was okay with me calling him. Daesung didn't have anything against that and soon we met up with Taeyang and Soo Yeon.

The cute little princess was wearing pink dress and her hair was on two ponytails. She wouldn't leave Daesung alone, he bought her a small crown and magic wand making her look like a fairy princess.

We had pretty much fun taking Soo Yeon around and Daesung got along with Taeyang pretty fine already. Anyway, the day was nice and warm, the sun was shining brightly and happy people surrounded us everywhere. I felt like there has never been any weird stuff happening in my life, no gangs, no near death situations. Quite comforting and relieving.




"What are you doing here?" I asked in disbelief when I saw Jiyong approach us. Didn't he say it was ridiculous to go to Lotte World? Me and Taeyang were standing next to the scary house because Soo Yeon wanted to go alone with Daesung. And then out of nowhere, Jiyong appears in front of us.

"Well, well, well" he crossed his hands over his chest his eyes as his eyes squinted at Taeyang

"I knew it would be good to check up on you."

"What do you want?" Taeyang asked arrogantly, startling me a little. I looked at him and realized he was glaring back at Jiyong.

"What do I want? I think you know" Jiyong raised a brow.

"Tsh"

"You two stop it right now" I ordered "Why do you always have to ruin my day?" I asked Jiyong, probably sounding desperate.

"Ruin your day?" Jiyong asked in disbelief "How flattering."

"Stop picking a fight with him."

"Then tell him not to be so intimidating."

"It's because you are intimidating."

"Shut up."

"Don't talk to her like that" Taeyang growled with a nonchalant look on his face. Whoa what a face, I gaped at him. Is this really Taeyang?

"Oh, our nerd has a wild side to him?" Jiyong jeered.

"What if you just get going?" Taeyang stepped one step forward. "Before anything happens to your pretty face."

"Whoa, yah" I grabbed Taeyang's hand and biting his lower lip he shifted his gaze off Jiyong's face. His hand gripped on mine, tightly. He looked like he really didn't want to start anything but his pride was getting in the way.

"Who the hel.l do you think you are?" Jiyong spat the words from his mouth "Stop playing with something that's not yours."

"And what makes her yours?" Taeyang's eyes turned into slits "If she calls me and asks me to go out why wouldn't I? It pisses you off she didn't call you, eh?"

"You" Jiyong stepped forward.

"No" I slipped between them and held them apart spreading my hands to the sides. "Stop it now or I'll kick your both as.ses."

"She is right" Taeyang said and I let out a relieved sigh.

"You should just roll to hel.l" he suddenly added and my eyes darted at his face to see that mocking expression.

"That's it. I'm so kicking your loser a.ss" Jiyong pushed me aside.

"Try, just try me" Taeyang raised his chin higher and crossed his arms over his chest "I'd like to see that..." he hissed.

"Nooo" I quickly hugged Jiyong from behind. Damn, Taeyang did have that bada.ss aura about him and besides, he was in better shape than Jiyong. I could imagine him smash Jiyong like a bug with that attitude.

"Let go" Jiyong tried to push me off.

"Stop this nonsense" I begged.

"What's wrong, Jiyong?" Taeyang asked cockily and his eyes glinted with mischief "Are you getting mad or something?"

"Aiss sshi" Jiyong hollered.

"Can't shake one woman off yourself?" Taeyang poked Jiyong's forehead "Weakling. Want me to kick your puny a.ss so hard you won't be able to sit ever again?"

"What are you doing?" I shrieked at Taeyang "What's wrong with you?" Even Jiyong was so taken aback he just stood there staring and stopped to try get me off himself.

"I-" Taeyang suddenly snapped back to his old self "Sorry" he stepped back a silly smile lingering on his lips "I went too far" his gaze shifted off us and he looked devastated.

"What the he.ll dude? Do you have mental problems?"

"Stop it already!" I smacked Jiyong's arm.

"Is he a psychopath or something? He is crazy" Jiyong breathed out in shock.

"Jiyong" I growled, shocked myself.

"Whoa, maybe you should go check your head or something?"

"Shut the fck up!" Taeyang suddenly snapped at Jiyong. Our jaws dropped, he looked like he was mad. I mean really mad.



"What does fck mean?"

We all looked to our left and saw Daesung stand there with Soo Yeon in his arms. He had this dull look on his face.

"Jiyong, you better not piss him off if you don't wanna die."

"What the fck are you talking about?" Jiyong asked in disbelief "This nerd?" he pointed his finger at Taeyang.

"Things are not always what they look like" Daesung simply said.

"But what does fck mean, oppa?" Soo Yeon asked again.

We are stared at her not knowing what to say.

"That, my little princess" Daesung smiled sweetly "That's how your uhmma and appa made you."

My jaw dropped.

"But they said a stork brought me to their doorsteps" Soo Yeon frowned "Did they lie?" she sounded a bit shocked.

"You see, erm" Daesung cleared his throat.

"He is lying" I quickly piped in "Fck is a bad word, never say it again."

"Fck" Soo Yeon said "Why is fck a bad word? It doesn't sound bad at all, fck, fck, fck."

A bypassing woman gave us a disapproving look and I didn't blame her.

"You see, every time you say that a fairy dies." I said the first thing that came into my mind.

"No way" Soo Yeon's eyes widened in shock "So many died already" I saw tears form in her eyes. If we don't come up something soon she will get traumas, for sure.

"No worried" Daesung suddenly exclaimed "If we eat a lot of ice cream, they will be saved."
Jiyong raised a brow.

"Really? But how?"

"One elf told me that's the only way to save them" Daesung nodded "So let's go eat ice cream."

"Okay, let's go!" Soo Yeon clapped her hands together.

"Wait, wait" Jiyong raised his hand in the air "First we need to go drive bumper cars."

"What?" me and Taeyang asked in one voice.

"That's the rule" Jiyong shrugged "Bumper cars and then ice cream." then he glanced at Taeyang with challenging look on his face, I saw that sour expression spread on Taeyang's face.

"Fine" he said decisively.

Me and Daesung stared after them when they started walking away, exchanging vicious glares on their way. They looked so angry and scary people made way for them.

"What's going on?" Daesung asked with tint of amusement in his voice.

"I seriously don't know" I breathed out "Jiyong got Taeyang really worked up."

"Let's go to ride bumper cars" Soo Yeon chirped "Let's go."

"Yeah" I nodded, wanting to see how the guys would kill each other.

"And then we will go eat a lot of ice cream, right?"

"What's your favorite ice cream?" Daesung asked sweetly.

"I like them all!" Soo Yeon said in loud voice.

"Then we can buy all flavors."

How much was he planning to eat?

When we arrived at the bumper cars Jiyong and Taeyang were already crashing into each other and I couldn't believe they were so childish. They actually bumped into some little boy's car so hard he got scared and started crying, his father shouted something but Jiyong yelled for him to "Shut the fck up".

Soo Yeon became teary eyed again, talking about the poor fairies. I shouted at Jiyong that he was a jerk and Soo Yeon called him jerk too. Aish, why do kids always repeat everything adults say? Daesung laughed when some mothers turned around to give us dirty looks when their kids started yelling 'jerk' too.

At the ice cream parlor Daesung declared he'd pay but Taeyang started insisting he'd do it and while they were discussing the money problem Jiyong smacked a bill on the counter.

"Give me as much ice cream as I can have with this money" he said nonchalantly.

"A-are you sure, sir?" the girl asked in shock. Probably he gave her some really big bill.

I was suddenly reminded of one strange customer in my shop. This one guy bought some romantic novel and gave me so big a bill I didn't even have enough money to give him back but he just said I could keep the change and left. These rich bastar.ds! I bet he was some gay buying a romance novel and all. He was acting weird too...

"Which flavor would you like?"

"Chocolate" I answered promptly.

"Vanilla" said Taeyang.

"Gree tea"

Everyone  looked incredulously at Daesung.

"Strawberry" Jiyong said decisively "And make sure to add lots of whipped cream, sprinkles and chocolate flakes" he added.

"How come you get to decide?" I whined.

"I'm paying" he smirked devilishly.

Cocky jerk.

So we ended up sitting at the ice cream parlor with ten liters of ice cream in front of us. Jiyong challenged Taeyang saying he would eat more any day. So me, Soo Yeon and Daesung got our shares first and let them compete with the rest. For some reason Daesung looked a little sad, he said he'd have wanted more. I narrowed my eyes at his portion, it was huge, I think over one liter.

Jiyong and Taeyang ate about three liters each and then they suddenly started looking really bad, their faces got this strange shade of green. When they couldn't take it anymore they both sprang up and dashed towards the bathrooms.

Daesung smiled happily and pulled the ice cream bowl to himself. Considering my and Soo Yeon's portions were small he ate the most of the ice cream, and then he actually bought some more. I was speechless.

After Daesung got enough of ice cream we went to find Jiyong and Taeyang. They were both sitting on a bench near the toilets with water bottles in their hands, both looked exhausted and pale.

"So, how are you feeling?" Daesung teased playfully. They looked up and when they saw an ice cream cone in Daesung's hand they both sprang up and ran in the bathroom again.

"Ha ha. Jiyong could never take much of sweets anyway" Daesung laughed.

"This must be a joke" I rolled my eyes "I can't believe they are acting like this."

"Well" Daesung shrugged "Guys in love tend to act like idiots."

"Then I don't want any of them" I declared.

"But aren't you curious who will win?" Daesung raised a brow.

"The one who gives up first will get my attention" I uttered a laughter.

"That's interesting" Daesung rubbed his chin "I wonder..."

Jiyong and Taeyang walked out from the bathroom, both pale like blankets.

"Have you two got enough?" I asked sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, Dara" Taeyang sighed "This is ridiculous."

"It's all duck 's fault anyway" I smirked.

"Yah" Jiyong threw a weak glare my way.

"Let's not fight anymore, I am sick of it" Taeyang glanced at Jiyong.

"Are you trying to act all sweet in front of her? Eh? Dara, that's just a facade."

"Yah, I am trying to speak nicely here" Taeyang smacked Jiyong's arm.

"You want me to hit you in the face" Jiyong growled.

"Stop being such a monkey" Taeyang frowned "What's your problem anyway."

"Your ugly a.ss" Jiyong said indifferently.

I saw Taeyang grit his teeth and understood his frustration very well.

"Jiyong, you are acting like a kid" I sighed.

"I don't need to hear that shi.t from you" Jiyong announced. He suddenly grabbed Soo Yeon's hand.

"Do you want oppa to win you something?" he asked sweetly.

"Will you win me a Hello kitty toy?" her eyes twinkled.

"Sure, no problem." Jiyong walked past us with Soo Yeon.

"Where do you think you are taking my niece!" Taeyang jogged after them leaving me and Daesung behind. We exchanged glances and shrugged. Deciding it would be the best to leave those idiots alone we went to have fun on our own.

 


A few hours later we found Taeyang and Jiyong at the kid's area. They were sitting behind Soo Yeon in the piggy train and bickered about something. Me and Daesung laughed so much our stomaches started hurting.

Taeyang was wearing dog ears and holding a huge Hello Kitty soft toy in his armpit. Jiyong had some weird fancy sunglasses on his head and a long snake around his neck.

When they got off the piggy train I realized Jiyong was wearing some little backpack on his back, like one little kids and teenage girls use and Taeyang grabbed a yellow bag with flower imprints and put it on his shoulder. They looked like a gay couple. I swear I haven't laughed as hard in my life ever before.

When Soo Yeon wanted to go slide the huge slide Taeyang and Jiyong stood at the side, both sulking and exchanging glares. Some single mothers were staring at them but no one dared to approach them because they both looked boiling mad.

When Soo Yeon ran back to them they smiled as sweetly as they could, but every time their eyes met they were throwing daggers at each other. I saw mothers try to make their kids go talk to Soo Yeon.

Me and Daesung finally approached the idiots when they started shoving each other.

"Yah, haven't you got enough?" Daesung separated them.

"He called me a bastard" Taeyang protested.

"Yeah, he said I'm a loser."

"All right" I rolled my eyes. "How about we just go home?"

"No" Taeyang and Jiyong said in one voice.

"Come on, it's getting late and Soo Yeon is really tired" I tried to reason.

"We need to get things straight between us" Jiyong announced.

"Yeah, meet you outside" Taeyang said cheekily "Let's let our fists speak."

"Guys" Daesung hissed in frustration "Enough is enough, you are getting me angry," He glared at Taeyang especially angry.

"Who cares about you, anyway?" Jiyong pushed Daesung away.

"Stay out of this, dongseng" Taeyang warned.

"Seriously, you two-"

Daesung was interrupted by crying Soo Yeon. "That boy is bullying me" she complained pointing at some chubby kid.

"Who?" Taeyang frowned.

"I'll kick his a.ss" Jiyong threatened.

"AISH" I yelled at them "Taeyang, you take Soo Yeon home right now" I grabbed the little girl in my arms and handed her to Taeyang "Look how sleepy she looks" Soo Yeon wouldn't stop crying.

As if finally realizing everything Taeyang's face fell and he grabbed Soo Yeon in his arms hugging her tightly "Don't cry" he whispered lovingly "It's okay."

Seeing that I blushed, if he did that to me when I cried I'd ask him to marry me.

"What are you gawking at" Jiyong elbowed me in the side.

"Yah" I glared at

Please log in to read the full chapter