11.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch.

I frowned, something was intruding my sleep and it was so annoying.

Crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch.

What the heck is that sound? Stop it! I felt my bangs tickle my face and my cheek twitched but I felt too lazy to do anything. Aish, do I really have to wake up now? I am too tired. Suddenly I felt something warm brush slightly against my forehead and my bangs were swept away. Ah, better.

Crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch.

I slightly opened my eyes and sat up, then I blinked and rubbed my left eye. It was Jiyong, he was sitting on the sofa with his legs crossed and a bowl of cheerios in his hand. He just sat there eating and spacing out. He looked pale and sick, and there were black bags under his eyes. He glanced at me when he felt me move but didn't say anything. I watched him slowly put another spoonful in his big mouth.

"What are you doing?" I raised a brow.

"Don't yell, my head hurts" he growled.

"I didn't yell."

"I said my head hurts" he sounded really tense. Must be the hangover but he deserved it! Kekeke..

"Where did you get that?" I whispered pointing at the bowl.

"What do you think?" he asked with sarcasm in his voice and looked at me like I was some retard. I hate it when he does that!

"Do you mean you just took it?"

He stayed silent.

"You just went through Taeyang's kitchen without asking permission?"

"He will live with that."

"Yah" I raised my voice and received a murderous glare from Jiyong. "Yah" I said in a softer voice.

"What?"

"You can't be like this in someone else's house."

"Stop nagging."

I gritted my teeth understanding this topic would lead us to another argument. I'll just say sorry to Taeyang later. Then I realized Jiyong wasn't wearing the same clothes as yesterday. Those were Taeyang's jeans and his hooded, long sleeved tee. My eyes widened but before I could say anything Jiyong stood up. And I was speechless anyway, the guy has sure no shame. I glanced at the clock and realized it was still only 8am. Why is he awake so early anyway? I saw Jiyong walk to the bathroom and followed him afraid he'd use Taeyang's tooth brush too. But to my relief he just went to wash his face.

"Why are you following me?" he asked lazily when I just stood at the doorway staring.

"I didn't, I just want to brush my teeth" I answered as lazily.

Jiyong looked at me with one eyebrow raised. "You what with what?"

"I have my own toothbrush here" I quickly added.

"What?" he looked surprised "How often do you come here? Do you live together or something? No, are you actually dating?"

He sounded shocked and spoke fast. After finishing he rubbed his temples and mumbled something under his breathe. Probably cursing the head ache.

"No" I walked next to him and picked up my toothbrush. "Sometimes I sleep over."

"So you are friends with benefits?" Jiyong asked sternly "I should have known."

"Yah!" I yelled with toothpaste flying on Jiyong's face.

"Yah" he shrieked "I got some in my eye, you idiot" he rubbed his face. "Aish."

"Me and Taeyang are just friends. And maybe soon a couple" I grinned.

"I won't allow that" Jiyong grumbled grabbing the toothbrush from my hands.

"Don't you even dare to... to..." I stared him stick the tooth brush in his mouth. "You disgusting duck ."

"I forgot to mention I threw up a while ago" he uttered a dirty laughter.

"I hate you" I mumbled and after rinsing my mouth walked out from the bathroom. Why does he always have to annoy me so much?! And he is doing everything on purpose too! Grrr..

"By the way, why am I here?" Jiyong asked when he came out from the bathroom, looking a bit better.

"What do you mean?" Don't tell me he...

"The last thing I remember was me drinking alone and then I woke up here and why is Daesung here too?"

I gaped at Jiyong, he looked sincerely confused.

"Are you trying to say you don't remember any of what you told me yesterday?"

"What did I tell?" He crossed his arms over his chest.

"That I should never fall in love with you and you are sorry and bunch of stuff about fairy tales and that I shouldn't blame Seung Hyun for anything."

He scoffed "First of all, I would never say anything like that and second, everything is hyung's fault so you should totally blame him."

"What?" My jaw dropped even lower. Could this guy get more confusing?

"You must have seen a dream. I am touched you dreamed about me, though.." Jiyong slipped his finger under my chin and closed my mouth.

"And you totally should fall in love with me, the faster the better" he winked with a playful smile lingering on his lips.

"You wanna die?" I frowned. "You make no sense, no sense."

"Women like mysterious men" he said like it was matter of the fact and sat on the sofa.

"Well I don't, I like guys like Taeyang" I said bitterly.

"So you like ugly nerds?"

"More than duck idiots."

"Whatever, why don't you go make some breakfast" Jiyong suddenly said and rubbed his stomach.

"You just ate."

"It was just cheerios. I need some real food to get over this annoying hangover."

"Then go eat."

"You make me something."

"I don't want to."

"And why not?"

"I'm pissed at you."

"You want me to cook? I can promise that it won't be as nice as last time."

"Yah" I glared at him but he just shrugged. "Fine, but then we have to go grocery shopping." I finally agreed because I was afraid Jiyong would destroy Taeyang's kitchen. If he said he would, he would.

"What do you mean? His fridge is full of food. It's like a freaking market."

"You" I slapped the back of Jiyong's head "He carried you here and let you sleep on his bed, can't you show a little respect?"

"Stop nagging, geez. Whatever, then go grocery shopping if you want so much" he complained.

"I think you should go since you are the one who wants to eat"

He glared at me.

"Then" suddenly a cunning smile spread on his lips "Shouldn't we go together?"

"That's ridiculous. How will we get in when we come back? We will have to wake everyone up and that's rude." I nagged.

Jiyong stood up, walked to the hallway and started going through Taeyang's stuff.

"What are you doing now?" I asked sternly.

"Asa" he pulled out a key, opened the front door and tested if it was the right key, it was.


And this is how we ended up at the nearby supermarket. In the end I realized I should have gone alone because Jiyong was no help at all. He just kept following me and criticizing everything I picked. He even refused to carry the basket. And was this how he was planning to win me over? I will definitely choose Taeyang if this goes on any longer.

As always we started arguing in loud voices and I hit Jiyong with a cucumber, he threw an apple in my stomach and then I threw orange at him and we started throwing random fruits at each other and yelling. I didn't even realize how embarrassing it was before security came to calm us down and we had to leave. People were staring and pointing their fingers at us. I have never been so embarrassed before in my life and everything was Jiyong's fault. I wanted to strangle him.

And guess what he did? He just laughed saying it was fun and ruffled my hair saying his life was so boring without me. He was in the best mood ever and even offered to carry the shopping bags. I was too shocked to see him smile so brightly so I walked silently. And when we didn't argue it was actually pretty nice to be with him.

His presence warmed my heart because I was reminded of our past. Even though the ride has been bumpy there were so many good memories. My one and only Jiyong, no one would be able to replace him.

No one.

Somehow I managed to make Jiyong help me cook and soon we stood in matching aprons cutting vegetables. I wondered why did Taeyang have matching aprons, maybe he used to cook with his ex girlfriend?

"Yah, how can you cut so fatty fat chunks" I complained.

"Shut up or I won't do it" Jiyong growled.

"It won't be my fault if the food tastes bad" I said as I started frying the onions. "Smells nice" a smile spread on my lips.

"And why does he have these gay aprons?" Jiyong handed me the carrots.

"Shut up, I think it's romantic."

"Being gay is romantic?" Jiyong raised a brow.

"Did you know that gay means happy?" I asked sternly.

"Ha ha" Jiyong mocked "I don't need to do anything else, right?"

"What do you mean? Cut the cabbage."

"Let's not make too many side dishes. The simpler the better" Jiyong whined.

"Stop complaining, you should work for your food or then starve to death."

"Hitler."

He muttered under his breath continuously as he cut the cabbages.

I sighed and started washing the rice. When I turned around to put it in the rice cooker Jiyong opened the lid for me.

"What next?" he asked lazily and watched me walk to the stove.

"The mushrooms" I said as I grabbed the knife and started cutting potatoes.

"Geez" Jiyong walked to the stove and turned the heat down. From the corners of my eyes I saw him lift up the lids and peek in.

"I think this is ready" he lifted the kettle off "Should I put this next?"

"Yeah" a smile slowly crept on my lips.

Come to think of it, we used to cook like this when we lived together. I let out a sigh. Even when we still lived home I sometimes cooked and he always helped me. So I really wonder why the heck didn't he learn how to cook? Why must he at it so much? Didn't he know that men who know how to cook are hot?

"What are you doing?" I blinked when Jiyong suddenly hugged me from behind. I almost cut my finger.

"Go cut the mushrooms" I tried to act indifferent thought my heart started beating really fast when I felt his breathe on my cheek.

"I missed seeing you like this" he whispered.

"Go away" I growled "What if someone sees?"

"But doesn't that make this even more exciting?" he asked in low voice and planted a kiss on my cheek.

I gulped feeling how my cheeks started to burn with blush and it was getting hot...

"Stop it" I said through gritted teeth "Or I'll kick you" And why is he doing this now? Why must he confuse me like this?

Jiyong chuckled and leaning against me he kissed the corner of my mouth. I dropped the knife I was holding and glanced over my shoulder with a frown on my face.

"Yah."

"So slow" he smiled gently and his lips landed on mine.

"You like it?" he asked playfully, his lips hovering over mine.

"Stop it" I pushed him away and wiped my lips "Don't touch me."

"Why not?" he raised a brow and stepped closer.

"Stay away" I grabbed a spoon and pointed it at him. "No answers, no love."

"Please" Jiyong snatched the spoon from my hand and trapped me between the sink and himself "Love is always there, even without answers" he whispered "When will you believe me?"

"After you stop acting all bipolar. First you argue with me then you tell me you love me, then you get drunk and tell me not to fall in love with you and then, then you go see other women" I breathed out. His gorgeous face was so close to mine, I felt nervous. He leaned closer, I leaned back.

"Yah, phabo." a playful smirk lingered on his lips "Can't I love you, just like that?"

"Go away" I pushed his chest "Stop it."

"Why? Are you feeling nervous?" he teased. "Are you feeling my love?"

"Jiyong" I whined "Stop confusing me, seriously."

He suddenly planted a quick kiss on my lips "I like confusing you" he whispered. "I love it as much as I love you."

My face turned beet red. How could he say it so easily?


"Excuse me" familiar voice spoke. We both looked at the door and saw Daesung stand there with stern expression on his face

"You naughty couple" he uttered a laughter a bright smile spreading on his lips. While Jiyong was distracted I hit him in the head with a spoon.

"What was that for" he groaned rubbing his forehead.

"Get away" I pushed him off myself and quickly walked to the stove.

"You are getting it from me later" Jiyong muttered at Daesung who just stuck his tongue at him.

"Is Taeyang still sleeping?" I asked.

"Nope, he is changing his clothes" Daesung said brightly "Can I help with something? Smells nice"

"I'm helping her" Jiyong said sternly.

"Yeah, I can see that" Daesung teased "I'm not going to steal unni from you, so relax."

"Why you little..."

I turned to look at them and saw Taeyang enter the kitchen, he looked surprised when he saw me cooking. Then he realized me and Jiyong were wearing his aprons and for a moment he looked really bothered. Damn, this was kind of embarrassing.

"You are cooking" he smiled as he walked closer.

"Yes, we are cooking. Everyone in the room knows we are cooking" Jiyong said dully but Taeyang ignored him.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Taeyang sounded a little hurt.

"This is a thank you gift" I smiled at him "Besides, you must have been tired. I would have felt bad waking you up."

"Not at all" Taeyang flashed a rest assuring smile "Now I feel bad."

"No one cares" Jiyong butted in and I glared at him from the corners of my eyes. Taeyang sighed.

"Do you need any help?"

"Not yours."

Taeyang looked sternly at Jiyong.

"Stop picking up a fight" I lectured "Besides, Taeyang cuts prettier chunks than you."

"He does?" Jiyong growled.

I glanced at Taeyang and he had a satisfied smile plastered on his face. Oh boy, not this again... "Owch" I suddenly cut my finger. Jiyong bolted at me and grabbed my hand.

"Clumsy idiot" he hissed and stuck my finger in his mouth. My eyes widened.

"Yah" Taeyang grabbed my wrist pulling my finger out from Jiyong's mouth. He stuck my finger under the tap and let cold water pour over it.

"I'll get you a band aid" he flashed a smile but when he turned around Jiyong actually tripped him over and Taeyang fell on his face.

"You idiot!" I yelled at Jiyong "How dare you, you."

He just shrugged.

"It's okay" Taeyang mumbled as he got up and threw a dirty glare at Jiyong.

"I have a band aid" Daesung appeared next to me and took out a hello kitty band aid "It's cute right?" he smiled at me. I sighed in relief, if not for him I don't know what would have happened. He gently wrapped the bad aid around my finger.

"Thank you" I smiled back at him.

"Enough" Jiyong pushed Daesung away.

"Stop being so damn rude" Taeyang suddenly growled "Is this your house?"

"Who do you think you are to talk to me like that?" Jiyong asked all serious and tense.

"Yah" I smacked his hand "He carried you here on his back and this is how you thank him?"

"No one asked him to do that" Jiyong said arrogantly.

Taeyang just bit his lips tightly together, clearly annoyed. I saw his hand squeeze into a fist.

"Hey" Daesung stepped between them. "Let's just cook and eat. Who else is starving?" he pulled Jiyong away. Taeyang let out a sigh and ran his hand through his hair.

"You are right, let's just cook."

I actually admired his self control. Any other guy would have lost his temper already.

The atmosphere sure was tense. Jiyong and Taeyang kept competing who cut their vegetables better and faster and they both cut their finger, in the end their all fingers were wrapped with band aids. Daesung tried his best to lighten the mood by telling stupid jokes, I laughed at them but both Jiyong and Taeyang just glared at him threatening to cut him like he was a vegetable if he didn't shut up.

In the end we finally got everything ready. I wanted to sit next to Daesung but somehow ended sitting next to Jiyong. Actually Taeyang wanted to sit next to me but then Jiyong said he needed the milk and while Taeyang was getting it he sat next to me. And so, we ended up with the worst scenario. Jiyong and Taeyang sitting across each other. They got really good opportunities to kick each other under the table and throw murderous glares at each other.

When Taeyang complimented any of the food, Jiyong kicked him. When Jiyong put something in my bowl Taeyang kicked him. And so it went on and on. In the end I told them both to shut up and not even look at me, they could look at each other as much as they wanted as long as they leave me out from their little war. I concentrated on talking to Daesung. But it was hard to ignore them.

Me and Daesung offered to clean up after finishing eating and Taeyang and Jiyong could go just fight each other all they want. And they left but the whole apartment was awfully silent.

It turned out Jiyong and Taeyang were playing chess. As stupid as it sounds, they were really playing chess. I bet Taeyang said Jiyong would be too stupid to win him.

”This is the most annoying game I’d ever played!” Jiyong huffed as he crossed his arms.

Taeyang shrugged, “I know you’d lose.”

“BWOH?!” Jiyong squinted at him as he growled, “What about a singing competition, eh?”

That's when me and Daesung came between them saying it was time to leave. Probably Taeyang had better things to do than argue with the duck .

When we were leaving Taeyang finally realized Jiyong was wearing his clothes. Jiyong said cheekily that he won't give them back and Taeyang just shrugged pointing out that his clothes were actually a bit too big for Jiyong, probably because his muscles were so small. Jiyong said it must be because Taeyang is a lot fatter than him. This almost resulted in a wrestling competition but me and Daesung managed to push Jiyong out from the apartment.

I thought I could just go home but Jiyong made me go to Paradise Kiss, saying I should work hard to earn enough money to open new book store and spend less time with boring nerds... We all walked to his car that was parked near the place he got drunk yesterday, he dropped me at the club saying I should go help Seung Hyun and that he'll go drop Daesung off somewhere.

This morning made me think about something. Then how about Jiyong and Seung Hyun? Do they argue all the time too? I haven't seen them together that much..

 

 

With my shoulders slouched I walked in the club and made my way towards Seung Hyun's office. But I actually saw him downstairs, he was standing behind the bar counter talking on his phone and looking over the alcohol bottles. The bar tender stood next to him with a notepad in his hands.

Wow, Seung Hyun looked so professional. Then I squinted my eyes to see better. No way, he was wearing those boy band clothes again. It wasn't that bad today, though. He was wearing long sleeved hooded tee with a black vest, it was ed.

I stopped behind him on the other side of the bar counter. The bartender glanced at me and nodded slightly as a hello, I nodded back at him.

"And yes, three boxes of those too. Something sweet, that... you know what those beautiful women like nowadays. I forgot the name, that new hot drink, red with strawberry" he pinched the bar tender's sleeve and the guy showed him the memo.

"Yes, yes, that" Seung Hyun exclaimed. "What other new brands do you have?" he kept nodding.

I leaned over the the bar counter and glanced down. My eyes widened in shock, he was wearing blue skinny jeans and he was wearing those converses too. I looked at him from head to toe. He looked so much younger than in a suit. And besides, now that I saw him like this it was hard to imagine him beating someone's face against a wall and curse. It's like he was a completely different person.

I heard Seung Hyun end the phone conversation.

"Dara, nice to see you here" he spoke as he grabbed the memo from the bartender's hand and went over it once.

"How did you know it was me?" I asked, dumbfounded. He never looked over his shoulder.

"I felt your mesmerizing presence" he teased.

"Yeah right..."

Then I realized there was mirror on the wall in front of him. Blushing a little I shifted my eyes off his back pretending to be interested in the empty dance floor. Oh, look at those, those... look at that shiny floor, oh my! I feel stupid.

Seung Hyun handed the memo to the bartender asking him to go check the storage room. Then he spun around and smiled his usual flirty smile.

"Missed me?" he leaned over the bar counter bringing his face dangerously close to mine and I had to finally look at his handsome face. Not a single flaw.

"Not really" I said dully, leaning away from him.

"Awww" he pouted "You are hurting my feelings, you know."

"Yeah whatever" I sighed. This will be a long day...

"So, do you want to start your work with a delicious drink?" he suggested unexpectedly.

"What?" I frowned.

"Want to taste my secret cocktail? All women love it" he winked.

"Yah, stop flirting, it makes me uncomfortable" I grumbled.

"Because you are getting , right?" He sure seems to be in a good mood.

I just looked at him like he was an idiot but he continued smiling his stupid player smile. I bet nothing will ever make him feel awkward.

"I'll make you a drink" he turned around and grabbed a few bottles.

"Are you planning to get me drunk or something?" I asked lazily, leaning my elbows at the bar counter.

"Will you get drunk after only one drink?" he raised a brow. "I am putting a lot of orange juice in this.

"Hey, sounds good" I perked up. "I like orange juice."

"I know" he smiled "You had many cartons of it in your fridge" he placed the glass in front of me.

"Taste it."

A little hesitant I grabbed the glass and bringing it close to my nose smelled it. Smells like plain orange juice. I shrugged and tasted it, it tasted like just... orange juice. I looked at Seung Hyun with one eyebrow raised.

"This is orange juice."

"Yes"

"You said-"

He was already holding his haptic in his hand and took a picture of me "You should have seen your face just now" a chuckle escaped his lips.

"Yah" I hit the glass on the counter and some of the juice spilled on my hand. "What the heck are you doing again?"

"Having fun" Seung Hyun laughed, grabbed a tissue and tapped my hand dry. "Let's go. I have a lot of paperwork to do. Your help is more than needed."

I looked at my hand like it was something I had never seen before. Did he just...? Smooth, so very smooth.... I saw him smile smugly. Was he practicing his pick up lines on me or something? Aish, I always fall into his stupid traps and end up embarrassing myself.

Without another word Seung Hyun walked out from behind the bar counter and motioned with his hand for me to follow him. I did. He slipped his hands in the pockets of his jeans so his thumbs were sticking out.

"So, I heard you went to rescue Jiyong yesterday?" he asked casually.

"Yeah." I simply said.

"Can I ask how did you end up with Daesung?" he asked with curiosity in his voice. I realized Seung Hyun slower his pace so he could walk beside me.

"Just randomly on the street. I was with my friend and we were about to go grab a bite so I asked Daesung to join us. Oh right!" I glanced at Seung Hyun. "He was really sad. Do you know what happened?"

Han Sun frowned.

"I heard his sister is hospitalized. Maybe because of her..." I mumbled mostly by myself.

Seung Hyun didn't say anything, he looked troubled and worried.

"Yah" I poked his side.

"Probably because of that" he shrugged "He doesn't like to talk about his problems."

"What's wrong with her?"

"Just..."

"Tell me" I tugged on his sleeve. Seung Hyun stopped and looked at me a little surprised.

"Why do you want to know? You are gonna feel sad if you know."

"Is it that bad?" My eyes widened. And he is always smiling so brightly, like he has no worries in whole world. I suddenly felt bad for him.

"Did you know that you look y when you are worried?" Seung Hyun suddenly smirked grabbing a strand of my hair and twirling it around his finger.

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"How about we-" he leaned closer.

"Aish, whatever."

I pushed him away and started walking. He chuckled and came after me. Damn, always pulling that card out when he didn't want to say anything. But what if I don't give up?

"About Daesung?" I cleared my throat.

"About hot steamy " Seung Hyun asked with amused tone of voice.

"What's wrong with his sister?"

"Did you figure out why I kissed you last time?"

"I don't care about that, tell me about Daesung" I whined.

"Should I kiss you again?"

"No, tell me does Daesung need a lot of money?"

"Tell me, do you prefer me ripping off your clothes or taking them off gently?" he actually started to sound a bit tense.

"Hmmm... Ripping my clothes off sounds pretty hot. But anyway, if Daesung needs money then-"

"Sandara Park," Seung Hyun's hand wrapped around my waist and he pulled me closer "Stop asking." the look on his face was half serious half amused.

"And what if I don't?" I asked dully.

"I'll kiss you" he smiled.

"Then kiss me, so what?" I asked arrogantly "Is there anything we can do to help Daesung?"

"Yes" Seung Hyun nodded.

"Really?" I already thought I won.

"Let's make love and save the whole world. Peace" he uttered a dry laughter.

"Yah, and by the way" I suddenly remembered something "Do you know a guy by the name of Taeyang?"

"No" He said giving me a weird look "Who's that?"

"Someone who knew Park Sang Doo" a cunning smile spread on my lips.

"Do you really want me to make love to you that bad?" Seung Hyun raised a brow "I'm not joking."

"So there is a connection?"

"Between you and me, yes, ."

"Funny, I don't feel it" I challenged him. This game is actually pretty fun.

"And what about now" his leaned so close our lips were inches apart.

"You must know everything about that Sang Doo guy and you might even know Taeyang" I squinted my eyes. "And if that's true then everything sure is hella suspicious. Why doesn't Jiyong know Taeyang then?"

I spoke without caring him being so close and his hand was still resting on my waist. I think my lips accidentally brushed against his, very slightly but I didn't let that bother me. I must stay strong! He was about to kiss me but I pinched his cheeks and pulled his face managing to make him look so stupid that I burst out in laughter.

He leaned away looking a little unsatisfied. I was beating him in his own game. Up yours, stupid player!

"That face" I laughed "Let me see it again" I stretched out my hands but he leaned away. "Yah, once more."

"Dara, you are playing with my patience here" he warned sternly.

"I don't care" I leaned closer to him trying to grab his face. But he suddenly hugged me and that took me aback, his hug was tight.

"Listen here, stop asking unnecessary questions and assuming things." he whispered into my ear "Or you might get hurt" his voice turned ice cold and hearing his tone I shivered.

"Just take care of your fool, fairy" he added his voice suddenly softening and I blushed. He really wasn't asleep when I said that. Cheater.

"Let me go" I mumbled.

"Will you stop snooping around?"

"What if I don't?"

"Did you ever wonder what happens, if instead of putting the Sleeping Beauty to sleep the evil witch would have just killed her heartlessly on the spot?"

I gulped.

"Or instead of killing herself the little mermaid would have killed the prince?"

"I get it" I whispered feeling a little scared.

There was something downright evil in his voice, he sounded like he was out to hurt someone. He might be. I always forget his evil side when he acts all sweet and nice.

"And did you ever wonder what Seung Hyun might do to you when he gets frustrated?" he suddenly chuckled his hand sliding down my back and grabbing my left cheek.

"Yah" I finally escaped his hug. "You ert!" I accused him.

"You asked for that" he said nonchalantly.

"Do you know you are acting suspicious right now?" I asked squinting my eyes at him. "Very."

He just shrugged "I gotta scare you with something, you know" he joked. "Let's go, we have a lot of work to do" his hand s around my shoulders and he pulled me along.

"I can walk by myself." I slapped his hand away.

"Aww, our little fairy is angry" he teased.

"Shut up, you are not allowed to use that" I growled.

"This is the best pick up line ever, you shouldn't have blurted it to me. Fairy and a fool, how brilliant."

"Don't you dare to taint that pure idea. It's mine, I have the copyrights."

"Then try suing me" he laughed.

I blew my cheeks "You stupid player. I-"

"Hate you" he mimicked me.

"Yah!"

As we stopped in front of his office door he suddenly brought his hand to my face and caressed my cheek.

"You look very cute when you are angry" he smiled sweetly "Very" I grabbed his hand and bit it.

"You" Seung Hyun looked amused "That hurts, you know" a soft chuckle escaped his lips.

"Stop touching me or I'll break your pretty hand" I threatened.

He looked at his hand, my tooth prints were still visible. And his smile widened, he uttered a laughter "Could you get any more adorable?"

I sighed "Whatever, let's just do the paperwork" I muttered while walking past him.

"You lost the battle" Seung Hyun said quietly when he stepped in his office after me.

"Do you have to rub it in my face?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Don't be too disappointed" he ruffled my hair and walked past me to his desk "No one has ever beaten me in my own game."

I stuck my tongue at his back. Conceited jerk. And I cursed myself for getting mad. Am I really such a bad loser? But did he have to get intimate and sound all scary?

"And I also don't like people touching my face so please, don't do it again. Okay?" Seung Hyun glanced at me with pleading look in his mesmerizing eyes. "Okay?"

"Whatever, don't touch my face either then."

He just smirked. I watched him sit on the edge of the desk as he always did and go through some papers, probably wondering what kind of assignment to give me. Seung Hyun wasn't joking when he threatened me with the paperwork. There was so much to do we spent hours just concentrating on our own stuff and not talking. I felt actually relieved I didn't have to listen to his useless flirting.

Then someone knocked on the door and this red haired guy walked in. Everything about him screamed danger, red alert. And by the way Seung Hyun frowned and how his face stiffened, I knew something serious was going on. I was asked to leave and when I was outside Seung Hyun told me to not let anyone in. So fishy. I tried to listen through the door but didn't hear anything. Damn.

I thought about this guy. He was skinny and tall, wearing ripped jeans, red tee and leather jacket. He was rather pretty and that bowl cut really suited him. He sure liked red, his shoes were red too. Color of passion and blood... death. I shuddered.

His face was slightly bruised. I suddenly thought about the fight I saw through Seung Hyun's phone and realized there was a red haired guy too. Could this be the same guy? I narrowed my eyes at the door. But then, why would that guy be here to talk with Seung Hyun? Now, this is suspicious. Or maybe they were negotiating? I paced back and forth in front of the door. This must be it, they must be just negotiating.

After about 20 minutes the red haired guy stormed out. He didn't take a second look at me as he walked quickly away. He was so metroual he could be mistaken for a girl.

"Can I come in now?" I peeked in the office. Seung Hyun was sitting on one of the leather chairs his elbows leaning on his knees and his fingers crossed. The look in his eyes was very serious, he seemed to be concentrating on something very important.

"Yeah" he said slowly and suddenly snapped from his thoughts "Why don't you go have lunch with Jiyong?" a smile spread on his lips.

"I already called him, he is going to pick you up" he stood up and covered his face with his both hands for a moment. He looked like he was trying to collect himself and keep in one piece, he even sounded groggy just now.

"What about you?" I asked dumbly. He hadn't eaten anything whole day either.

"What?" His hands slid off his face "I'm not hungry."

And suddenly I didn't want to leave him here, he looked kind of lost and worried like something really serious was bothering him. I felt this strange need to take care of him. Would it really help to stay alone with such heavy thoughts? I don't know why I cared. Maybe because a thought of me and Jiyong being alone kind of bothered me. We wo

Please log in to read the full chapter