24.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Didn't you just ask me to stop lying to myself?

Fairy...



Once again I am standing in front of Paradise Kiss with a look of despair occupying my face. I don't even know why I came back here, maybe because that damned curiosity won over me yet again.

Feeling a little awkward to go meet up with Seung Hyun I decided go bother Jiyong but Seung Hyun was there too. How ironic. He was sitting on the couch his legs resting on the low table and Jiyong sat behind his desk doing paper work. They were discussing something when I peeked in and grew quiet right away.

"Look who's here" Jiyong said sourly.

"I'm guessing it's Dara" Seung Hyun chuckled without looking over his shoulder.

"What a nice welcome" I muttered. "Want me to leave?"

"It's not like we need you around" Jiyong continued as sourly, avoiding my eyes.

"What's your problem again?" I hissed.

"He missed you."

We both glared at Seung Hyun and he shrugged "It's true."

"Shut up" Jiyong growled making me realize Seung Hyun was in the right.

A smile spread on my lips as I walked towards one of the armchairs and sat across Seung Hyun, placing my feet on the table too. He looked at me lazily, from head to toe. I looked at him in surprise because today he looked different, not his neat usual self.

His hair was a total disaster, his eyes sleepy and his clothes rather shabby. His face was slightly bruised an his lower lip a little swollen, also his wrist was bandaged.


"Are you all right?" I finally asked.

"Depends for what?" he winked.

I groaned and turned to look at Jiyong, leaning my hand against the back rest of the chair and my chin against it. He was concentrated on the paperwork and with that slight frown on his face he looked handsome. I smiled proudly, that's my bro.

I am always talking about how hot Seung Hyun looks like, neglecting Jiyong in the aspect of good looks. That doesn't mean he isn't good looking, he is downright beautiful.

His almond eyes are deep and mysterious highlighted by his long eyelashes, his lips thin in a manly way and his brows well shaped. It often looks like he is raising his left eyebrow even when he isn't. I have never seen him with long hair because he always goes for a choppy cut with long bangs and no whiskers. Today he had put his bangs away with a hairpin and I found that adorable.

"So, I'm waiting for your answer" Seung Hyun spoke softly.

I glanced at him from the corners of my eyes and somehow his outrageous blond hair stood out catching my attention. Now that I look at it more closely he has the same type of dense, soft and shiny hair, exactly like Jiyong's.

"I don't know."

Jiyong looked up and his eyes met with mine. He raised his brows a little surprised, probably catching me giggle silently.

"What are you gawking at?" he asked shifting in his seat.

"Man," Seung Hyun groaned slapping his forehead and shook his head. "You are impossible" he sighed.

"Shut up" Jiyong lowered his gaze.

"Instead you could have winked, smiled playfully and said what's up baby?"

"Yah! Don't try to turn him into a player, I like him like this" I nagged.

He nodded at Jiyong and when I turned to look I saw him blush a little, that made me blush too.

"Aish" Jiyong suddenly leaned his head on his desk. "Get out of here, you both."

"She just came" Seung Hyun protested. "How can you drive her away so soon? Don't you know that office is one of the best? Don't lock the door to make it more exciting."

"Shut up!" Both me and Jiyong yelled in one voice.

Seung Hyun just shrugged. "You two are so oooring."

"I'm trying to work here" Jiyong growled when me and Seung Hyun just stared at him.

"You are so handsome when you work, that's what Dara was just thinking."

I shook my fist in the air but Seung Hyun just stuck out his tongue at me.

"She also imagined you without your shirt."

"Or maybe it was your wifey who did that" I mocked.

"Oh, I do that all the time" Seung Hyun joked.

"That's it! I am trying to do some serious work here and you two are distracting me like two little kids! Get outta here and go talk to someone who cares about your ugly puny as.ses!" Jiyong finally lost his temper and kicked us out from his office. This once he didn't call my fat. Whoa, progress?

I looked at Seung Hyun disapprovingly when we stood outside and he looked back at me, his eyes twinkling playfully.

"Did you have to annoy him?"

"I can't help it, he looks adorable when he gets angry."

I secretly agreed.

Somehow, we just kept staring at each other and suddenly an awkward silence fell between us. I didn't know what to say next and Seung Hyun looked like he was at a loss of words too. I think I saw his cheeks turn pink but that must have been my imagination. I mean, him blushing? Hah, hear me snort.

"About the last night" I cleared my throat.

His eyes turned cloudy but a cheery smile remained on his lips, both telling me a different story. He shook his head, his gaze leaving me for a while.

"Last night?" A cold chuckle escaped his lips. "I don't know what you are talking about."

I got the hint but couldn't believe he was acting like a coward.

"Are you finally feeling awkward?" I changed my weight from one feet from another.

"Didn't we promise not to talk about that mistake?" he put a lot of weight on the last word.

"Mistake?" I rubbed my chin, my empty gaze lingering on him. Why do I feel like something sharp is piercing my heart and why do I even want to talk about this? Seung Hyun peeked into my eyes, somehow carefully as if he was hesitating to take another step, not knowing what direction to turn.

"But things happened" I finally spoke. "What's the use to say nothing happened if something happened?"

His eyes grew wider. "Why are you making everything so difficult?"

"But" I frowned. "It's bothering me, I don't usually... I... you know..." My face flustered and I lowered my gaze. "This all is making me feel weird."

"Stop over analyzing" he ruffled my hair. "Things happen and life goes on."

"But" I chewed onto my lower lip.

"Look, you were drun-"

"And you weren't" I cut him off.

"Geez, whatever. It's not a secret that you are pretty and y. What did you expect? I am not some fool to hold back when an opportunity like that strikes."

Seung Hyun started to walk and I trailed behind him.

"You can't be that sleazy" I mumbled in disbelief.

"Well, newsflash, I am." he answered dully. "I don't know what you expected but this is what I am and I thought I made it pretty clear to you. I don't like relationships nor clingy women."

"I'm not clingy" I protested and rubbed my lower lip. "I just want to figure out what's going on."

"Aish" Seung Hyun glanced at me from the corners of his eyes. "Stop being so tempting." He grabbed my hand and pulled it away from my lips.

"Huh?" I gave him a questioning look.

"And that" he breathed out, letting go of my hand and grabbed the collar of my blouse. "What is this?"

"What's wrong with you?" I raised a brow.

"No, what's wrong with you?" He buttoned three upper buttons that I had left open.

"Yah, I can't breathe like this" I complained my fingers fumbling to open them again.

"No!" Seung Hyun slapped my hand away. "You are not allowed."

"I can dress however I want and it's not really your business."

"And what if I say it is?"

"No matter what you say, you don't own me."

"I do."

"No one owns me." I said sourly.

"And this skirt." Seung Hyun made a very dramatic hand gesture. "Couldn't find anything shorter?"

"What?" I looked down at myself. "It covers what needs to be covered."

"How about your heels?"

"I like stilettos" I raised my chin higher. "You got a problem with that?"

"And you curled your hair!"

"Can't I look good once in a while?"

"Why did you put on make up?"

"Why the he.ll do you care?" I shrieked. "Leave me alone. I am not criticizing your hot looks."

"Well, you don't have the right to do that."

"And you have the right to criticize me? That's unfair."

"Because I am suffering from it."

"And how is that?"

"Just" Seung Hyun rubbed his temples. "Can't you dress more ugly?"

"Why would I do that, I am a single woman and-"

"Then" His hand slammed into the wall, beside my ear, and he leaned in smoothly.

"Then don't blame me for getting when everything about you screams grab.me.and.take.me.home.I.like.it.rough. It's damn y, y is hot and hot burns" his lips inched closer to mine while his eyes glinted playfully. No, I won't let you win this round.

"It's not my fault you are and erted by nature." I gulped when the scent of his cologne reached my nose. "If you go look around I am not even wearing anything too y or revealing."

Automatically my hands reached up to his chest.

"You even smell nice. Did you pick matching perfume and shampoo on purpose?" Seung Hyun raised a brow. Damn, he got me.

"Yah! You look always hot and y and have you heard me complain? Take those tempting lips away from me and stop pulling me in with that mesmerizing gaze. You are not allowed to wear slim fit suits, white collar shirts, wife beaters and leave your hair messy like this. It's damn y too. Besides, your cologne smells so good I can't resist you. Are you doing it all on purpose? And by the way, it's you who is always flirting with me."

"Does it turn you on?"

"Not really" I frowned.

"See" Seung Hyun chuckled lowering his head. "But why does everything about you ?" he asked playfully and my face turned red.

"Yah, don't say thing like that" I took in a sharp breathe.

"Didn't you just ask me to stop lying to myself?" Seung Hyun slowly looked up. "Fairy..."

Our eyes met and he closed the gap between us, his lips grazing over mine.

"You asked for this."

"Stop it!" I pushed him away and wiped my lips with the sleeve of my shirt. "What the he.ll?"

"So, will you dress more ugly or what?" Seung Hyun finally leaned away. "Or do you want me to kiss you every time we meet?" His hand slipped in his jean's pockets.

"This is outrageous" I shook my hands in the midair. "What's your point here."

"I am just explaining it all to you. I wasn't drunk but you were y."

I slapped my forehead. "God damn it, okay! Let's just forget about everything!"

"That's what I am saying" He nodded approvingly.

Okay, what the he.ll just happened? Why is my head spinning and my brain getting confused again? I feel cheated and brainwashed.


I need a cigarette.


Reaching in my purse I pulled out a carton of red Malboro but Seung Hyun took it away.

"No smoking either."

"This is unfair" I whined.

"You do want have babies, right?" He smirked.

I glared at him trying to show how unsatisfied I was with his behavior but he just kept smiling.

"You know I hate you, right?"

"Funny, that's not what I felt last time we met" he teased.

"If I hate you it doesn't mean I don't want you" I said proudly, realizing my mistake only afterwards. Me and my big mouth.

"So you want me?" Seung Hyun waggled his eyebrows. "How much?"

"Forget what I just said" I mumbled in embarrassment.

"Should we go all the way after all?" His hand slid down my side, pinching my tight.

"Keep your hands away."

"Fierce" He growled playfully.

"Disgusting" I hissed in annoyance.

And as we stared at each other I suddenly started feeling out of place. He glanced at my lips and was already inching closer, me too, my body was responding on it's own. No, I can't! MUST RESIST! Suddenly, as if from a silent agreement, we both looked away from each other on the last minute. I could already feel his breathe on my lips and I know he felt mine on his. How awkward.

"Uh" I asked awkwardly. "What now then?"

"In fact" Seung Hyun suddenly smiled brightly and glanced at his wrist watch. "I still have some extra time, how about I take you to the kitchen? One of the staffs is sick today so you can help out."

"Sounds good." I followed him towards the stairs. "So, how's your health?"

Trying to shift smoothly away from the awkwardness, I just erased previous five minutes from my mind and acted like nothing happened. Weird how easy it was.

"I'm fine" Seung Hyun chuckled, already back to his old carefree self. He is making everything so easy. Love is just a joke to him, right? He puts all attraction in the same category with ual, doesn't he? My conclusion is that he doesn't have a heart. Who the hell broke it so bad?

"Just minor injuries. You didn't get hurt did you?" he looked at me from head to toe.

"I'm completely fine."

"Good, my baby sister shouldn't get hurt."

"Please don't call me that after what happened. Sounds sick."

"Then what should I call you?"

"Whatever..."

"I'll call you fairy" he smirked.

"No."

"Why not?" he pouted.

"Because I hate it!"

"Fairy" he teased.

"Then I'll call you, I'll..." I tried to come up with something but couldn't. It would be crazy to call him a fool, you know why.

"Just call me oppa, will you?"

"Can I just call you Mister?"

"What?" Seung Hyun burst out in laughter. "That sounds so stupid, just call me y beast instead."

"Ugly sea monster" I muttered.

"What?" he asked, we were already downstairs and because the music was loud so he couldn't hear.

"Prince" I smirked. That fits h

Please log in to read the full chapter