22.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Instead of going home I ended up sitting at a road stall, drinking. I was slowly but surely turning into an alcoholic and chain smoker. Whatever, I can always blame Jiyong for this! If I get a cancer he will be the one paying my hospital bills. Yeah.

Why am I drinking again? Well... I am frustrated at myself and everyone. How could Jiyong be so ignorant as to forget his own confession? In high school, who was it who forced me to listen? Aish, and now he is pretending it never happened. What the he.ll?

Just a week ago he told me we shouldn't date and now he was back to his normal pushy self again. STUPID JIYONG!!! I don't get it. I just DON'T GET anything anymore.

I refuse to believe he didn't understand I was confessing when I asked him to go out. What if he thought I was asking him go for a walk? Taeyang would misunderstand but not Jiyong who is smart and experienced in the department of dating. Just now, he said he wants us to date. I bet tomorrow he will say he will never see me as his possible girlfriend.

Burying my face in the palms of my hands I groaned loudly. How easy would it be an animal, a happy pig. Ah, I'd give anything to become a little pig with no worries in whole world. Why wasn't I born as a pig? What did I do in my last life to deserve this torture? Maybe I killed someone? I must have killed Jiyong, he must have been a pig and I, his farmer. That's it, mystery solved. He is torturing me for revenge. I need more soju...

After drinking for a long while I finally took out my phone and dialed Jiyong's number. He is the cause of this all so he better take care of me now! Useless idiot... Ducka.ss, I hope he is sleeping and my call will wake him up in the middle of a pleasant dream.

"Yah, stupid duck . Come pick me up!"

"I think you called the wrong number..." a groggy voice answered.

"Don't try to get out of this Jiyong, it's your fault I am fcken drunk and you know what happens when I drink, I can't see a thing. So come pick me up. NOW!"

"Stop yelling, will you?"

"Sorry" I stuck out my tongue.

"Where are you?"

"The usual place, you know where." I said lazily and hung up before he could say anything else.

About fifteen minutes later someone stopped in front of my table. I squinted my eyes and saw a tall smoky figure. Well, that was fast!

"Jiyong?"

"Get up, I'll take you home" he reached his hand out for me. I grabbed it and got up. That silky voice...

"Huh? Seung Hyun? Is that you?"

"I told you, you called the wrong number" he said calmly.

"Okay..." Letting go of his hand, I sat back, a little bit shocked with the outcome. Why the player? Why? I feel weird.

"Hey, didn't you say you want to go home?"

"Leave me alone" I poured another shot for myself.

"Dara, you are drunk already" The glass was snatched away from me just before it touched my lips.

"Yah, don't you come between my alcohol and me." I yapped and grabbed a random bottle. However, it was taken away from me too.

"Awww, man. Let me drink" I complained and leaned my head on the table "My alcohol... Ahjumma, more soju!"

"Ahjumma NO more soju!"

"Shut up" I growled. "Go away, let me sulk by myself."

"Then you shouldn't have called me" Seung Hyun answered cheekily.

"I thought I was calling Jiyong. It wasn't supposed to be you."

"Everything in this life happens for a reason." How cheesy...

"Shoo, shoo" I grabbed another bottle and brought it to my mouth.

"You better don't..."

"Yuck!" Dropping the bottle I spat the barbecue sauce from my mouth while Seung Hyun let out an amused laughter.

"I need to drink" My hand came in contact with a water bottle. "It burns."

"You have had enough to drink" Seung Hyun sighed. "It's unhealthy."

"Fine, then I'll just smoke one-" The cigarette was taken away. "YAH! Stop taking everything away from me!"

"Yosh, get up now" Seung Hyun grabbed my shoulders "Come on, it's cold out here."

I shuddered, feeling of familiarity sweeping over me. Why is it that everything he does reminds me of... I closed my eyes tightly. Everything reminds me of that night. That... That... I hiccuped loudly. The way he grabbed the bottle away and...

"You don't happen to have migraine now, do you?" I asked carefully.

"I will soon if you don't co-operate" Seung Hyun uttered a carefree laughter. "Up we go" he forced me to stand up.

"Let's go. My car is just a few steps away."

Why this guy of all people?

"I don't want to ride a car" I announced. "Let's walk." If I spend more time with him now at least I might be able to find out if he has always been around in the past. But it can't be that night... I gulped. Better not think about that at all.

"You are too drunk to walk."

"I'll just feel sick."

"It's going to be a short ride."

"I'll throw up all over your car."

"Stop being stubborn now."

"I'll pee in my pants if you don't let me walk home. I am serious." That threat sounded smart when I was drunk, really.

Seung Hyun stayed quiet for a while. "Fine, let's walk." He finally gave up. "Crazy" I heard him mutter under his breathe. Taking my hand into his, Seung Hyun started leading me somewhere, I hope towards my house and wondered how many times has he taken me home like this without me even knowing. Now that I think about it, just plain CREEPY!

"Why didn't you ask Jiyong come pick me up?" I slurred, hugging his arm afraid I'll trip over something and fall flat on my face. This situation is a bit weird no matter how I think about it. By passers must think we are a couple.

"We are not a couple!" I announced in loud voice, making Seung Hyun flinch.

"What the heck are you shouting now?"

"About Jiyong..."

"He was sleeping already and he has been busy lately so I thought I'd come get you. And besides, I thought you two made up. Why are you drinking by yourself?"

"It's not because of him, I mean. Also because of him but I have other problems... Uh, my own problems" I slurred "Not your business, anyway." And I almost tripped over something.

"Careful." Seung Hyun's arm helped me keep my balance. "Are you sure you want to walk?" He sounded a bit amused.

"No" I frowned. "I don't want to walk." It's annoying to walk when you don't see anything.

"Then, I'll carry you" he offered, his voice soft and gentle. Not that seductive voice, my face is turning red. Wait, I'll just blame it on alcohol.

But that voice. So incredibly familiar. As if... like hundred times before he was there again, taking care of me. I never told him where I was but he knew where to come. That just strengthened my suspicion about him always being there. Always. Am I really that helpless? Do I need someone to always look out for me? How annoying.

Wait, always? I laughed by myself. Always and Forever?

"Get on my back."

"No" I protested. I can at least walk... Geez.

"Why not?"

"I don't want to" I stuck my tongue at him or I hope he was standing in front of me and not somewhere else. "Just take me to a hotel. I want to sleep." I sighed. Whatever, I'm too tired.

"I'll just take you home" he suggested.

"No, I want to sleep at a hotel." Not that I care, for some reason I just want to act difficult right now.

"Dara" he growled. "Let me" his hands were already grabbing me but I slipped away.

"If you touch me I'll scream you are a " I threatened. "Hotel or then I'll sleep here."

Seung Hyun let out a frustrated sigh. "Don't be difficult, okay baby sister?" he said sweetly. "Let's go home."

"No, hotel because the bed sheets will be clean and I can eat huge breakfast in the morning."

"Fine, there is one near by, I'll take you there" he finally gave in. "Come on."

His hand fumbled for mine but I quickly hugged his arm so I could also lean on him while we walk. And why is he against going to a hotel? Wouldn't that be easier for him too? Or is he suspecting I would make him pay, heh heh what a good idea. I better ask for the most expensive room! Or wait, maybe he is afraid some paparazzi will get a picture? Now, I am actually afraid about that too. The least I need is his fan club running after me trying to make my life miserable.

"I think you were right, should I go home instead?" I pulled his sleeve.

"No, we are almost at the hotel."

"But..."

"Fine let's go to my car" Seung Hyun sighed in despair.

"No, let's go to the hotel."

"You" He gritted his teeth. "Decide already."

"Why? Am I being annoying?" I giggled.

"Come on" Seung Hyun dragged me towards the hotel, I think.

"You know" I suddenly spoke, feeling the need to open up. This situation reminded me of a distant memory.

"I lost my ity to Jiyong and this situation right now reminds me of that night" I slurred with a stupid grin on my face.

God, I am going to regret everything tomorrow.

"Why are you telling me that?" he asked, definitely startled. Who wouldn't be.

"Yah, we are both adults. Don't be shy" I smacked his hand. "To whom did you lose your ity to?"

"One girl" he said indifferently. At least it was a girl...

"Was she your first love? Did she break your heart?" I inquired leaning closer to him, hoping I could see his face but it was covered in shadows. I just smelled his scent and sighed in admiration.

"Yeah" I heard him smile.

"I feel your pain, man. I didn't end up with my first love either, so sad" my face fell.

"Yet" Seung Hyun said. "So don't be too sad."

"Aish, he is annoying the heck outta me. That duck . But anyway, so sad you didn't end up with the girl."

"So what?" Seung Hyun asked nonchalantly.

"Don't you miss your first love?"

For a long while he stayed silent and then finally a whisper escaped his lips, his voice wavering a little.

"Every day."

I stayed quiet for a while. Never expecting something like that to come from his mouth.

"You mean always?"

"And forever" I heard him smile.

"Always and Forever" I mumbled, feeling as if those words had some special meaning.
 

"So you are saying Jiyong is your first love?" Seung Hyun suddenly asked, sounding a little startled.

"You don't believe me?" I arched my brows.
 

 

"I didn't know..." he whispered. "I actually had no idea."
 

 

Listening to his voice, I came to the conclusion that he sounded positively surprised. "And how does this concern you?"

"No, I was just asking..." he said quietly, probably turning to look away from me because his voice grew distant.

"Was Bom your first love?" I asked, just to break the uncomfortable silence and since we were on this topic...

"Why would she be?" Seung Hyun groaned.

"Anyway, how many ities have you stolen? I bet many."
 

"Yah, could you please stop with this topic?"

"Yaaaah, all people know you have slept with countless women. How many s?"

If I remember this discussion tomorrow I am going to shoot myself in the head.

"I'm not like that" he muttered through gritted teeth.

"Like what? Wait!" My eyes widened. "Don't tell me you sleep with hookers? Or do you really like Vietnamese lady boys?"

"Do you want me to abandon you here now?" he sounded kind of angry.

"Did you use protection? You don't have AIDS, do you?" I got worried.

Seung Hyun pinched my cheek.

"Owwww."

"Would you believe me that the most girls I slept with I just slept with them, nothing happened."

"No way, so not cool" I uttered a dirty laughter and then my face became dead serious "Really?"

"I told you I can't fall sleep alone and as you know, when it's an one night stand people tend to leave right after ."

"Then do you have in the morning?"

Seung Hyun stayed quiet, I imagined a dry look on his face and smiled by myself "Didn't you say it's the best?"

"This is not about but me not being able to fall asleep" His voice was getting tense and his body growing rigid.

"So you really can't fall asleep?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Just because."

"That's not an answer."

"Then what is?"

"Do you have like some traumas?"

"No, I don't."

"Aww, so cute, you are lonely, aren't you?"

"Just shut up." I could imagine that vein pop on his forehead.

"Do you sleep with guys too?"

"Only with my hubby" his voice softened a little.

"Did you have ?"

"YAH!" he snapped. "Don't you dare to imagine anything sick like that!"

"You like to talk about , in fact you always talk about so why are you feeling awkward now? HUH?" I chuckled evilly.

"I'm not feeling awkward" He mumbled, not sounding convincing at all. "We arrived, so close your mouth before someone misunderstands."

Suddenly I heard lounge music and felt bright light on my face. We stepped in a hotel lobby and a satisfied smile spread on my face as I thought about a soft king sized bed, immediately forgetting about our discussion a while ago. Seung Hyun let go of me when we stopped in front of the check in desk. I wondered what the clerk thought about us?

Trying to act sober I wanted to lean on the counter but, since I couldn't see it, I missed and almost fell on the floor. Luckily Seung Hyun caught me in his arms, his warmth enveloping me instantly. That felt so incredibly familiar and all little hairs on my neck stood up. Feeling giddy inside I giggled like an idiot, making it all look so obvious. A guy taking a drunk girl to a hotel, what would you think? Sorry Seung Hyun.

"Can you get me the best room?" I tugged on his sleeve.

"Can you afford it?" he asked teasingly.

"You will pay, right?" I hugged his arm tightly "Right, oppppaaaaa."

"Esih" he sighed in defeat. "Fine, it's once in a lifetime for you, anyway" he chuckled. Jerk!

"Yay" I exclaimed happily ignoring sarcasm in his voice and hugged his arm even tighter. Then I blinked a few times and realized that I finally could see a little better, the alcohol was slowly wearing off. But I won't tell Seung Hyun because I want to torture him a bit more. He is such a nice oppa, taking good care of me and all.

As soon as we stepped in the room I rushed to the mini bar. "Water!" I shouted and grabbed a random bottle. Just when I was about to bring it to my lips Seung Hyun grabbed it from my hand.

"This is not water" he sighed and took out another bottle, opening it before handing to me.

"Thanks" I smiled brightly and gulped down half of the bottle.

Seung Hyun covered his amused smile with his hand and shifted his gaze off me.

"Where is the bed?" I squinted my eyes and looked around "What? There are two rooms in here? WOW?"

"The best suite available at the moment" Seung Hyun smirked "There are some fruits."

"Where?"

"Here" he picked up a plate from the table and tried to give it to me.

"Aah" I opened my mouth refusing to hold the plate.

"Geez" he picked up a strawberry and put it in my mouth.

"This is like a freaking mini apartment" I looked around again while Seung Hyun fed me the fruits. "A plasma TV" my eyes widened.

"Here" he was feeding me the kiwi this time and I opened my mouth like an obedient child but when I was about to take a bite he pulled his hand away.

"Hey" I frowned.

"Just joking" he chuckled.

"Put it my mouth" I glared at him.

"Okay, here" he pretended to feed the kiwi to me but when I was about to bite he stuffed it in his own mouth and my teeth hit together with a loud clang.

"Aish, you " I muttered grabbing something random from the plate and looked away from him. "Mmmm. The best fruits too" I was too satisfied to be angry.

"I should leech off you more, dear oppa" I chuckled and started to explore the room. Then I glanced at Seung Hyun and finally realized his attire was very unusual.

First of all he looked dead tired, second his hair was a total mess and it looked y, he he. He was wearing wrinkled collar shirt, pajama pants and slippers on his feet, over all that he had a long black trench coat. He came straight from bed? My jaw dropped and I pointed my finger at him.

"What are you wearing?"

"What does it look like?" he raised a brow.

"Were you that worried about me?"

"Jiyong would kill me if something happened to you" he shrugged. "Why don't you go to bed and let me..." he smiled smugly making me blush, with inappropriate thoughts circling my head.

"...finally leave?" he suggested while putting the fruit plate away. You little!!!!! Putting those thoughts into my innocent mind, you dirty sea monster!

"You can leave, I will manage by myself" I waved my hand in the air. "Really, no problem." A smug smile spread on my lips. I'll have my fun with this room as soon as he leaves. Muah hah ha. But I can't believe he came looking like that... Kind of touching and cute.

I think Seung Hyun started feeling suspicious because he just shook his head and let out a weary sigh.

"Come" he grabbed my hand and lead me to the bed. My jaw dropped, it was a mega huge bed, not a princess bed but a bed for a queen.

"WHOOAAAAAA!!!!" I screamed as I crawled on it "YAHOOO!!!" and started jumping. "I can fly, I am a real fairy" I giggled.

"Dara, you will hurt yourself" Seung Hyun said sternly.

I just gave him a dull look and then stuck my tongue at him.

"Boring l

Please log in to read the full chapter