30.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

What do you do with a broken toy?

Throw it away, why?


Exactly.

 

It took me a few days to get myself collected. I knew that going to Paradise Kiss would be a challenge. Every time I went there something bad happened and I knew that once I stepped in there, at some point, the bomb would go off. But I risked because I was going crazy trying to figure everything out by myself. I had no other opinions if I really wanted to find out what's going on.

Besides, I tried calling Jiyong to ask if he was all right and suggested we talk about the whatever problem there was between us. But the bastar.d just hung up on me after cursing loudly and saying he doesn't give a damn about anything and that he will just sleep with other women. Can you believe that? How can he be so… ARGGGGH!!!

These past days I've had hard time figuring his words out but I just kept getting more annoyed because the more I thought about it the less sense it all made. He said I should love him and then he said he will go sleep with other women? The hell?

Do you get him?

I expected to see Jiyong fooling around with some bimbo. After all, he threatened to do so. When I arrived he was chatting with some woman and when he saw me he grabbed her and kissed. Geez, could he get any more childish and obvious? I wanted to laugh in his face. If he thought that would affect me, he was wrong. But damn, I got mad. In a way it was a good thing because once I meet the player I will have more power to resist his charms. Talk about double problem?

Seung Hyun was standing in front of his mirror and styling his hair when I stormed in his office. Argh, could these guys get more conceited? In his dark blue slim fit suit and a few shades lighter collar shirt he looked nice, almost delicious. And I bet he smells good too. When he turned at me I saw him wear vest as well. He better not make any moves on me today!

"You look angry" Seung Hyun sounded strangely innocent saying that. "What would make you feel better? Want a kiss?" Innocent my a.ss.

"Shut up. Just give me any work to do and drop the fcken flirting."

"Wow" Seung Hyun chuckled. "What did Jiyong do now?"

Straight to the point, aren't we sharp?

"Don't talk about him! He is so childish, I swear... aish" I complained, slamming the door shut behind myself.

"Calm down" Seung Hyun kept smiling as if he had hard time to control it. "Want me to get you something sweet to eat?"

"What?" I gave him a weird look.

"That makes me feel better" he just shrugged.

Okay... Maybe he is a woman after all? "No, just give me some damn work." I need distraction!

Seung Hyun's deep eyes lingered on me for a moment, something serious flashing in them.

"I thought we agreed you wouldn't fight" he spoke softly.

"Tell that to him" I growled back.

Why do I get the feeling I am being blamed for everything? Flashing a meaningful smile Seung Hyun turned away from me, leaving me wonder what the heck did that smile just now really mean.

"Sit down" he suggested as he walked to his desk. I sat on one of the arm chairs with my hands and legs crossed. Soon Seung Hyun put some papers in front of me and sat on the hand rest of the arm chair to explain me what to do. I didn't even listen but just nodded my head and said 'yeah' until:

"Can I kiss you?"

"Yeah."

"Do you like me?"

"Yeah."

"And will you have with me now?"

"Yeah."

Seung Hyun stared at me and then my eyes widened in realization.

"YAH!" I yelled and shuddered wondering what else did I agree to do? "The he.ll?!"

"You weren't even listening" he pouted cutely.

"Aish" I sprang on my legs, giving him one furious look. Couldn't he tell I wasn't in the mood now?

I couldn't concentrate on anything. All I could think about was Jiyong kissing that girl. And do you know what? I don't think I was even jealous. It just pissed me off so much how he always kept saying that he loves me and then he went and did things like kiss other women and such.

I know he is angry at me and just wants to irritate me but why in this way and why is he angry in the first place? Because he saw me hug Seung Hyun? But why didn't he say so then? He knows how much these things hurt me. Reminding me of the past of all things... How dares he play with my feelings like this? The line has to go somewhere! And all these days I was genuinely worrying about him...

"Spill it out" Seung Hyun's hands landed on my shoulders and he shook me gently bringing me back from my furious thoughts. Somehow I am getting a de ja vu...

"Don't just think about those whatever thoughts. You look like your head is about to explode."

"Because" I muttered. "I am hurt too. Doesn't he get it? I am hurt too. Why?" I looked Seung Hyun in the eye and saw his face fall as if he could feel my pain.

"Stupid duck jerk" I wiped my eyes. "I hate him."

Biting my lips together I tried to keep in the tears. It frustrated me how I was crying awfully lot lately and always in front of Seung Hyun too. These past days I hadn't slept well and when I am tired I tend to get emotional.

Seung Hyun let out a frustrated sigh his hands gripping on my shoulders. He looked like he really wanted to hug me or something but held himself back. That surprised me, he was acting strange too. And why the heck am I feeling disappointed? Could it be I wanted him to... NO!

"Sorry" I whispered, suddenly feeling awkward. "Just give me a minute."

"It's okay" Even knowing I hate it, or maybe because he knew I hate it, he ran the back of his index finger down the bridge of my nose. Once again making me feel so incredibly special. Fck him.

"When you are with me, you have all the time in whole world." I raised my face to look at him and he smiled at me. What did he mean by that and why is his smile so loving again?

I wanted to grab him and bury my face into his chest but a sudden creak made me flinch and my body stiffened when I heard the door open. It distracted the trail of my thoughts, completely, and my tears stopped.

Seung Hyun's eyes darted up and he looked over my head to see who opened the door of his office. Somehow I could feel it was Jiyong.

"Did you finish the paperwork?" Jiyong asked, sounding tired.

Seung Hyun glanced at me and I think he realized from the way I was looking at him that I didn't want Jiyong to see me like this. Whatever happened to my strong front?

The moon is indeed, breaking...

"Can you give us a moment?" Seung Hyun asked calmly. In silence, I felt Jiyong stare at my back. The tension in the air was warning me about an upcoming storm. Please, no more fighting.

"Why?" Jiyong asked sounding bitter.

"Because you interrupted something."

"What?"

I gritted my teeth, Jiyong is one annoying bastar.d. Fine, since he wants a war then he will get a war. I am not a weakling to be moping around like this!

"Seung Hyun" I whispered and he leaned a bit closer.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry" I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in a kiss. By the way his body stiffened I could tell he wasn't expecting me to do this. My kiss sure was desperate and clumsy. I didn't really want to kiss him and maybe he felt it because he quickly pulled away. The look on his face was priceless, for the first time I saw him shocked, his cheeks slightly flustering. Wait, is he blushing? I stared at him weirdly but he shifted his gaze off of me and brought his hand to his lips then covering his face with his palm.

"Done yet?" Jiyong asked lazily.

Seung Hyun let out a frustrated sigh, he ran his hand through his hair and directed his piercing gaze at Jiyong. As if he knew what this all was about, he probably did. In silence Jiyong walked closer to us and when I glanced at him he looked so mad I got this urge to grab Seung Hyun's shirt. So I did. I forgot all about him blushing, the air between us all was too tense.

"We need to talk" Jiyong grabbed my free hand.

"I don't want to" I whispered leaning closer to Seung Hyun, searching for that

Please log in to read the full chapter