36.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

While I was helping in the kitchen everyone was asking if Seung Hyun was my boyfriend. And even though I answered no the rumors of me being engaged spread around. By the evening everyone knew it. The heck? This is a second time Seung Hyun ruins my peaceful life. And we are not dating! ARGH!

John and Tesh bugged me whole day to be introduced to the lucky guy. I bet all they were thinking about was this evening when they'd ask Seung Hyun join them and get drunk together, I would be forced there too. I hoped he'd never wake up. But unfortunately, he did.

I was sweeping the yard and humming some random song by myself when he approached me.

Still looking dead tired, actually even more tired than before taking his nap. His hair messy and his eyes droopy, he stopped a few feet away from me and yawned. His pants were hanging seemingly low and he had changed his top to a simple black v-neck tee.

"Why is everyone giving me weird looks?" he asked idly as his eyes followed the broom, his voice was hoarse and low.

"What do you mean?" I acted clueless.

"They are staring and whispering something. It's creepy."

"You don't want to know" I mumbled and then my eyes caught two familiar figures walking towards us. Please, kill me now...

"Well, well, so this is the lucky guy."

"Lucky?" Seung Hyun raised a brow.

I looked up in horror and saw John shake Seung Hyun's hand. "I am the priest here, you can call me John."

"Tesh" Wherever there was John there would be Tesh and he too stretched his hand out for Seung Hyun too shake.

"John?" he looked between the two men "And Tesh?" and amused smile tugged his lips up.

"But say" John rubbed his chin. "Your eyes look familiar."

"I hear that a lot" Seung Hyun uttered a laughter.

"But I bet not from gray haired old men with bear belly" John joked. "We have met before" he said dead serious.

"Maybe in our previous lives?" Tesh eyed Seung Hyun from head to toes. "Those eyes indeed..."

I quickly remembered that his eyes weren't really his. Who's eyes? These two sharp old men were usually in the right with such things.

"But anyway" John wrapped his arm around Seung Hyun's shoulders and looked at me his eyebrows raising up in a suggestive manner.

"Don't even start" I grunted at him and turned away.

"I totally get why she choose you."

"Shut up!" I growled at Tesh. "How many times do I have to tell there is nothing between us?"

I glanced at Seung Hyun and he seemed to catch on because that playful smile lingered on his lips. If he was planning to feed sweet lies to everyone around here, I would kill him without mercy.

"You must have held it in for such a long time" John pat Seung Hyun's shoulder. "You have gone through a rough battle and a lot of suffering. One day God will reward your beautiful soul."

"What?" My eyes bulged out "What do you mean?"

"Dara, child, haven't I told you that's unhealthy to be so erted?" he teased.

"He must mean love..." Tesh explained "There is so much love."

John pat Seung Hyun's chest and smiled sweetly. "I can feel it" he said softly. "You are so full of it it's hard to keep inside. It's so rare to see people shine like that."

Seung Hyun looked a little startled by their words.

"Geez, stop harassing him" I rolled my eyes.

"I can't believe you are so blind" Tesh clicked his tongue. "Dense."

"What are you two talking about?" I eyed them with suspicion.

"Can't you see it?" A smirk spread on John's plump lips and his round face lit up.

"How much he loves you?"

I glanced at Seung Hyun who looked at me helplessly. Probably not understanding what the heck is going on.

"He is just a friend who came to visit me. Why is everyone insisting he is my fiancé?" I asked blandly. "Look, you are scaring him with the thought."

Seung Hyun did indeed, look bothered when the word fiancé was brought up but then he chuckled quietly. Damn, why isn't he denying anything?! He must be enjoying watching me all lost and stressed.

"So stubborn" John crossed his arms over his chest. "Do you know how many couples I have wed?"

Here we go again...

"567."

"Nope, 566" John continued smirking.

"How can you get it wrong?" Tesh asked in disbelief. "I had more faith in you, my child" he ran his fingers over his short beard.

"She must have counted her own wedding" John let out a hearty laughter.

I flashed an awkward smile at Seung Hyun and shrugged a little to let him know there was no stopping these two silly men. He smiled back at me letting me know he wasn't bothered. Aren't we understanding each other so perfectly?

"So, I have seen plenty of couples and true love" John said proudly while his arm s around Seung Hyun's shoulders, tugging him a bit lower


"I can tell God has blessed this man with such a selfless heart."

Seung Hyun narrowed his eyes at John, probably not knowing what to think.

"He is someone who understands what it means to really love and wish for the best of our close ones instead of seeking for his own benefits in other people's pure feelings. Like said in the bible, 1 John 3:18: Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

And just with one look I can tell, his feelings are pure."

I burst out in a dirty laughter the moment I heard John's words. Yeah right, what the hell? He couldn't have gotten Seung Hyun any more wrong. Selfless love, truth? My God, he was hugging an ex gangster and a fat liar, saying he has never seen anyone with such pure heart. Something is wrong here.

"Apparently you haven't seen enough couples in love." I wiped the tears off my eyes. This is too funny.

"Such a foolish child" John shook his head and then he glanced at Seung Hyun who was giving him a weird face.

"I can feel presence of an angel" he smiled sweetly. "You, really love her don't you? It must be frustrating since she is so stupid."

"Sometimes" Seung Hyun flashed a playful smile. "It's so frustrating I don't know what to do with her."

"Yah" I stopped laughing. "You don't know what you are talking about." I eyed Seung Hyun dully for playing along with the old men.

Tesh was rubbing his chin deep in his thoughts. "No, it's definitely a true love."

"How can you tell that?" Seung Hyun asked his eyes sparkling with amusement.

"You are not fooling this old man" John laughed. "I can feel it seep from your body. I know what heavenly love is like. Trust me."

"Hmmm, I was thinking" Tesh looked at me. "Is that Jiyong?"

"It's been a while he last came here but how could you even forget how he looks like?" I raised a brow.

"Do I look like there are no other men in my life?" Damn, that came out with the wrong meaning...

Tesh and John exchanged meaningful looks and then both turned to look at Seung Hyun.

"Seung Hyun" he flashed a friendly smile. "At the moment I am her boss." Boss? Well kind of yeah.

"Dang" John slapped his forehead. "Dara, can't you see it? Every time he says your name..."

"Come here" Tesh pushed me closer to Seung Hyun, until I was standing right in front of him.

"See what?" I gave them both weird look and then stared at Seung Hyun who just shrugged slightly.

"She is blind" Tesh shook his head in despair.

"We have totally failed in her spiritual coaching. She doesn't want to accept God's guiding light."

"Did y

Please log in to read the full chapter