20.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

And today, everything was different yet nothing had changed.


I saw Daesung wave at me, he had that cute happy smile on his lips. Then Seung Hyun's face came into view and he was smirking like he was going to take me to he.ll. If he annoys me today, he is going to get it! I pulled my cap deeper on my head before jerking the door open and smell of leather welcomed me inside.

"You look cute today." Was Seung Hyun's first comment.

"Whatever" I half sat, half lied on my seat. Daesung offered me the front seat but I didn't mind sitting in the back.

"Nuna, I didn't know things were that bad" he said with pity in his voice. "Why did you dress like a guy?" I decided to ignore his last comment. It's not like I tried to look like a guy on purpose, it just happened.

"Things are... bad" I mumbled and concentrated to stare out from the window while Seung Hyun drove. They talked about something but I filtered their voices out from my thoughts by repeating: "Lee Jun Ki" endlessly in my mind. If only he would appear in my life and save me from this mess...

Then I saw it.

"Wait! Stop the car!" I yelled when I saw familiar bakery and pressed my hands against the window.

"Why?" Seung Hyun wanted to know.

"I need to!" I yelled "STOP!"

"Hyung, maybe she needs the toilet?"

"Well then" Seung Hyun braked managing to park just in front of that little French style bakery.

All I could think about was the bakery. It was owned by my old "friend", Bum Sang, this chubby cute guy with sweet personality and kind heart. Who cares about him being chubby? His face is okay and he is the most boring guy around.

Just what I need now. I used to bully and make fun of him a lot back in the days but maybe he has forgotten about that? After all, he knew I was the biggest fan of his awesome desserts!

Bum Sang knows how to make chocolate and delicious pastries, just what all girls desire the most. Most importantly he used to have a crush on me. That's it. I'll just go out with him.

'Kiss my y goodbye you confusing jerks!' I thought bitterly as I opened the car's door and stepped in. I was in rather unstable state of mind and that was definitely making me do stupid things again. Someone please stop me before I make a fool out of myself.

"Dara! Wait!" Seung Hyun's annoyingly y body blocked my way just when I was about to grab the handle and open the door. He was wearing black jeans, navy blue tee and black leather jacket. HOT! Shall I forget about Bum Sang and just focus on him? Now now, I should go for something serious and stable! Serious and stable... stable... While staring at Seung Hyun with wide open eyes I closed my mouth before salivas started dripping out. But how come he is not wearing pink and yellow today?

"Why do you want to go in there?" Seung Hyun asked while eying me with suspicion.

"Why not? I was craving for something sweet" I smiled cheekily. Why does he look like he doesn't believe me?

"You are not planning to run away from your problems by asking that Bum Sang out, are you?" he raised a brow.
 


"Why do you always resort to bullying him? Eh? Leave him alone already."
 


"What I am planning is none of your business" I said arrogantly. Wait! How does he know?! My eyes squinted in suspicion. Did Jiyong tell him about me bullying Bum Sang? Why the heck?

"I'm just letting you know, what you are about to do is mean. You will break his heart again" Seung Hyun lectured.

"Says who? A player?! Move away, you gay sea monster" I muttered and tried to push him to the side "Move, Damn it."

He didn't move an inch no matter how much I pushed and I felt his abs stiffen under his tee. Why do I have to notice these kind of things? As soon as my brain registered the whole iness I quickly pulled my hands away.

"I'm sorry to inform you that this sea monster is very stubborn and will move only when you turn around and walk back to the car." He crossed his arms over his chest with something like superiority and amusement wallowing in his eyes. He thinks he can control me? HA!

"I'm not getting into your car" I mumbled.

"I think you will."

My eyes flicked up, at him, witnessing his amusement as he looked down at me with a playful smile on his lips. He was definitely laughing at me right now. I could hear that laughter echo inside of him and that made something sour and bitter spread in my mouth.

"Hyung, let's buy that strawberry cake. I want it" Daesung's voice caught our attention making our heads turn his way. He was pressing his face and hands against the shop's window and drooling. "It looks SO GOOD!"

"Maybe next time" Seung Hyun said a little sternly. Daesung pouted cutely and I wanted to buy all the cakes in whole world for him. Glancing at Seung Hyun's stiffened face I realized he was getting through a hard internal battle. I could tell he wanted to buy all the cakes for Daesung too.

"Excuse me, but could you please step aside?" A customer wanted to get out from the bakery.

"Ah, sorry" Seung Hyun flashed a friendly smile and stepped aside. As soon as the woman walked out I rushed inside.

"Impossible" I heard him sigh in frustration behind me.

"Does this mean we are buying the cake? YAY!" Daesung cheered.

Bum Sang wasn't there, I just saw three high school kids working part time. After further inquiry I heard he went to Hawaii with his parents, on a much earned holiday. How lame is that? Damn my luck... He left when I needed him the most? His loss, tsh. I wanted to buy something delicious to eat at least but all three girls were busy staring at Seung Hyun and Daesung with hearts in their eyes. I became invisible. Total ignorance.

Pouting I watched Daesung ask about the strawberry cake he saw on the display window and the girls almost got into a fight not being able to negotiate who was to answer his question.

"Guess we are staying for coffee" Seung Hyun's pat my head. "What does our fairy want to eat?" he asked playfully.

"Whale fat" I said dully, slapped his hand away and walked to a nearby table with three chairs around it. With grim face, I sat down and stared stubbornly out from the window. Annoying... Why the heck am I in such a bad mood? Maybe it's going to be that time of the month soon? Not again...

Soon Daesung skipped to the table and sat across me looking overly satisfied, he placed a cup of black tea in front of me and I smelled it's calming fruity scent. It's been a while since I last drank tea. It was Jiyong who always bought it anyway. I wonder if he still likes tea as much.

"Tea?"

"Cakes taste best with tea" Daesung smiled.

"Here we go" Seung Hyun put the whole, round strawberry cake in the middle of the table and handed spoons to me and Daesung.

"Wait" I stared at the cake "You bought the whole cake?"

Seung Hyun took a seat next to Daesung, but since the table was round he was kind of sitting between us.

"Don't tell me you don't like strawberries" Daesung pouted cutely. "Why didn't you say so before?"

"No, I like strawberries, but a whole cake?" I gave him a weird look. He already started scooping the cake in his mouth and I have never seen anyone look as satisfied.

"That's not what I heard last time" Seung Hyun injected sounding a little hurt.

"It doesn't mean I like strawberry flavored condoms" I hissed with my eyes squinted.

Daesung stopped munching and stared at us.

"Don't get the wrong idea" I quickly flashed an awkward smile.

"Nuna, don't fall into this wolf's trap" Daesung warned. "He is just going to eat you up like I am gonna eat up this baby" he giggled as he scooped a spoonful of the cake and shoved it in his mouth.

Uh, okay... "Thanks for the warning" I said with dull voice.

"More like she is going to eat me up" Seung Hyun teased.

I turned to glare at him.

"What? Am I wrong? Miss, I Am Taking What I Want?" he raised a brow.

Aish! I wanted to hit him in the face with the spoon. Arrogant player!

"What I want is not your business. Mister That's Why I Am Giving in" I mocked him and tearing my eyes off his handsome face concentrated on tasting the cake, it was good. Creamy and sweet, the flavor was very mild and tender. I could feel Seung Hyun's eyes linger on me. When will he stop staring?

"Did something happen between you two?" Daesung eyed us with concentration.

"No!"

"Yes."

I glared at Seung Hyun again. "What do you mean yes?!"

He let out a dramatic sigh and looked at me with fake longing and sadness in his eyes. "My fairy, you turned me into a fool. But this love, it's a curs-"

"Shut the fck up!" I hissed, grabbed a fistful of the cake and stuck it in Seung Hyun's mouth smearing his face with the cream.

"Hmmm, so tasty." I felt him playfully bite my finger.

Aish, now I am blushing like some idiot! "You" I gritted my teeth. "I told you not to abuse that fairy theory." I complained and added in very tiny voice "And me..."

"Nuna, don't waste the cake" Daesung pulled it closer to himself. "How can you just throw it at his face like that, it's like throwing it in the trash.

"Excuse me, what did you just say about my face?" Seung Hyun laughed. He grabbed a napkin and started cleaning the cream off his cheeks.

"How about me, you, whipped cream and strawberries?" he winked at me. "And strawberry condoms?"

I looked away from him and sulked. Useless idiot. Fake stupid player...

"Dara, baby. Want me to that cream off your fingers" Seung Hyun teased.

"Hyung, don't annoy her, you know she doesn't like that" Daesung scolded. "Nuna, don't be angry, you know he is just trying to cheer you up."

"By making me look and feel like an idiot?" I shrieked, some people turned to stare. "What the hell?" I eyed them with anger and they all quickly turned away.

"Just like our cutie Jiyong" Seung Hyun chuckled. "Perfect couple."

"Now that you say, there are some similarities..."

"I'm going to the bathroom."

What's wrong with me now? Why can't I just keep my cool and act indifferent? Besides, I am not in the mood of letting someone make a fool out of me. I glared at my mirror reflection while washing my hands. Stupid Seung Hyun, what is he trying to achieve with his idiotic flirting? As if I will forget about all my worries... I sighed. I kind of forgot. I hate to admit that he is actually pretty smart.

A tiny smile appeared on my lips when I thought about smearing his face with the cake. He deserved that and the look of surprise in his eyes was priceless. He surely did not see that coming. Hey player, what am I gonna do with you? I am letting you make me smile like this. What's next?

I took a deep breathe knowing I needed to calm down. I don't even know why he always gets on my nerves like this. Maybe because I don't like people flirting with me like that, it's just fake and annoying. He is practically throwing around his fake love, the same thing as lying to women he loves them. He probably does that too.

When I came back to our table I saw the tree part timers crowd around it like fat ugly pigeons attacking the bread crumbs. What do girls see in them? Well, I understand my cute little sunshine dongseng but an old man (who doesn't look like old man) like Seung Hyun?

I could see a vein pop on his forehead while he kept smiling that seductive y smile. It impresses me every time I see it, like his player qualities are registered so deep in his system they are automatic, regardless of the situation. How admirable. Then again, it makes me wonder what made him like this? It's a little sad too.

The pigeons ran away like scaredy cats when I finally approached the table and took my seat.

"What took you so long?" Daesung looked at me with teary eyes. "I was so scared" he started filling his mouth with cake as if trying to surpass his fear by eating. I hope he doesn't do that often, otherwise... And image of 500 kg Daesung appeared in my mind. NOOOO!!! Then again, there would be more to love in him.

"I thought you enjoy woman company?" I joked.

"Yeah but not high school girls! They are scary."

"I told you, I like older women" Seung Hyun leaned back in his seat and took a sip from his coffee.

"Good, then stop laying those dirty eyes on me."

"With only one exception" he flashed his killer smile. "You, baby."

"Daesung, hand me the cake."

"NO!"

"Now."

"Nuna, be rational. Is it really worth it? Is it?" Wait, did he already finish half of it?! First ice cream and now cakes, he must live off sweet things. If Daesung was a car he'd run on sugar, for sure.

"You are right, the cake is better off in my mouth than on his ugly face."

"That's what I am saying."

"Why don't you two gang up on me?" Seung Hyun pretended to be hurt but soon smiled.

Leaning coolly back in his seat, he didn't touch the cake, just drank his tea and kept watching us while smiling by himself. Like a loving daddy. So loving.

"So where are you guys planning to take me?" I asked when no one spoke.

Daesung and Seung Hyun exchanged meaningful glances.

"I am getting this bad feeling..." I eyed them with suspicion.

"Fear not" Daesung smirked. "We thought about a spa."

"Spa?" I frowned "To do what?"

"A make over" Han Sang chuckled "Imagine all those facial masks, aroma therapies, massages." Imagine that talk come from a guy's mouth. Is he trying to sound gay on purpose?

"I know what kind of massages you are thinking about?" I teased.

"Then you must also know you are included in those fantasies, y" he blew an air kiss my way.

My face turned sour. "Now I lost my appetite." Damn, it impossible to win him in teasing.

"You are just saying..." Seung Hyun teased. "Fairy."

Someone is in a good mood today. He was barely staying in his pants, his smile plastering uncontrollably over his face whenever our eyes met and his eyes sparkling. I wonder if he missed me that much...

"What?" Seung Hyun asked making me snap from my thoughts. "Am I that handsome you can't stop staring?"

"More like gay..." I rolled my eyes at him and concentrated on eating the cake. "I don't need any spa treatments."

"Nuna, trust me. It's going to make you feel a lot better."

"Do you boys often go to get a spa treatment?" I raised a brow. "Together."

"How else do you think our complexions are so perfect?" Daesung joked patting his own cheek. I gaped at him. Not you too my innocent little sunshine. They have ruined you!

"But it's expensive."

"Are you joking right now?" Seung Hyun uttered a little conceited laughter. "Don't talk about money with me."

"Do it for me. My body is aching all over and I need the massage, real bad" Daesung said cutely. Awwww...

Needless to say, one pleading look from him and I was completely sold. This weakness is pretty dangerous.

A free spa treatment. How tempting, guess I'll just tag along. But going to the spa with two guys, what kind of situation is that? And not just any guys, two ex gangsters. Since when did gangsters go to spa to relax? But I guess all handsome guys have their own girly secrets and guilty pleasures.



I should have guessed Seung Hyun would take us to the most famous spa, where the cream of society mingled. Just in the lobby I saw a few movie stars already. Boy, maybe I'll be able to bump into So Ji Sub? But does he go to places like these? I don't see many guys...

It wasn't a big surprise to see Seung Hyun's popularity amongst the elder high class women. Everyone seemed to know him and he kept flirting playfully with everyone like it was his obligation. Making all those old housewives laugh delightfully. I didn't know he liked women that old... but then Daesung enlightened me saying that they were wives of some business partners and thus important acquaintances.

He was keeping up the good image. If the wife likes him she can always help her husband in the decision making. How very sly. Business, always on his mind.

We separated to different sides of the spa. At first I wondered if this place really had the guy's side but it did. How strange, it's my first time discovering something like this about guys. Going to the spa? Will I ever get over this shock? Movie stars probably come here often.

Lucky Daesung and Seung Hyun, they must have met all hot male celebrities already when I was stuck with skinny and pretty women. All those perfect bodies made me feel inferior, ugly and fat. Wait, wasn't this supposed to make me feel better?

After relaxing for a long while in the sauna, taking a long shower and getting a full body scrub I actually felt a lot better and prettier already. The only things I kept thinking

Please log in to read the full chapter