33.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

In no time we all ended up standing in the long line to Paradise Kiss with Taeyang. I don't know why he agreed to come but he sure was in a good mood.

I sighed and looked ahead, suddenly realizing the two guys at the door kept staring at me, probably wondering why was I standing in the line. One of them already took a few steps forward but I slowly shook my head after I finally got an eye contact with him. He stopped and backed. Smart guy.

Then I glanced at the other people who stood in the line. They all looked rich, fresh and stylish. I noticed it before, people who go to Paradise Kiss are not just some people or if they are they sure hide it pretty well. Everyone is so VIP, even when they aren't, but their aura tells it all. I figured it out that becoming VIP at Paradise Kiss would be easier said than done. But once you get in you can book a VIP room, anyone can. It looks like Seung Hyun doesn't like to favor people. This makes me wonder, the actual VIPs who are they and how did they earn their status?

I was wearing only a simple tank dress with few bow accents and just your usual black stilettos. My plan was to look as plain as possible and hide in the shadows so I wouldn't attract any unnecessary attention.

Taeyang stood beside me and smiled at my "dear" friends while they were busy explaining something random to him. He was sporting black faded jeans, white collar shirt, black vest dark blue blazer and a long scarf was hanging loosely around his neck. He looked good, especially with those top buttons ed. His hair was styled messily too.

Eun Mi picked golden strapless dress with shiny accent, Minji red as usual, color of passion you know, and Chae Rin was sporting a blue sleeveless top that shoved more than enough of her cleavage and black miniskirt, which again, showed more than enough of her perfect legs.

They all wore extremely high, open toe heels. Next to them I looked so simple and boring. Just the image I was going for. I smiled smugly knowing they'd steal whole attention. But hey, I am still the prettiest.

I kept looking around, my gaze wandering aimlessly, then I saw him and my body froze. I quickly turned around to face Taeyang, he glanced at me and flashed a cheery smile.

"Are you cold?" he asked tugging onto his blazer. Such a gentleman.

"No, thanks" I flashed a nervous smile.

He still took off his scarf and wrapped it around my neck. I quickly adjusted it better so it covered half of my face.

"Aww, so romantic" Minji teased. I just gave her a dry look and that cute smile was wiped off her face. She was a huge Taeyang x Dara fan. I could even imagine her carrying around a silly banner. She better never do it!

"Taeyang, I'm cold too" Chae Rin giggled.

"Me too." Taeyang stuck out his tongue and she flashed him a sneaky smile.

All these hints. The only one who doesn't get what's going on is probably Taeyang himself. Heh, a smirk lingered on my lips. Even though he is joking too... Or maybe he is pretending to be dumb? No matter how I think about it, I just can't imagine him as a cold hearted gangster, standing in front of a mountain of bodies covered in blood and laughing psychotically.

Why did I imagine him with long hair and gayish clothes? Hmmm, there is something gay about him, something strangely gay and that's what makes me feel comfortable around him.

My trail of thoughts was suddenly interrupted.

I swear I could feel it when Seung Hyun walked past me, I even held my breathe fearing he'd any second tap my shoulder and ask why was I lining up.

Luckily he just walked past me. It's strange how he walks through the front door, though.

"Hey, wasn't that Seung Hyun?" Chae Rin noticed.

"Don't tell we missed his angelic face?"

"Damn, I should have paid more attention."

Taeyang glanced over his shoulder, the look in his eyes sharpening but when he noticed me staring he flashed a smile.

"So he is the sole reason we wanted to come here?" he joked.

Thinking his behavior was a little strange I glanced to my right and my eyes followed Seung Hyun's every step. Ohhh, he looks y in a black trench coat but his hair is messy. He stopped to exchange a few words with the doorman and handed him something, a guest list maybe.

Then the doorman leaned to whisper something to his ear and Seung Hyun turned his head my way. Cra.p!

Our eyes locked and I bet I turned all pale.

Why that stupid, idiotic doorman! Seung Hyun's face was emotionless but then he blinked when I quickly mouthed NO to him. Glancing at my friends who, luckily, were not paying attention to me, I made a cross with my arms to signal Seung Hyun to not come and talk to me. But why does he look so tired? Like he hasn't slept for days?

"What the fck are you doing?" A familiar voice startled me to death causing me to grab Taeyang's arm. I could feel him tense up when he saw Jiyong standing next to me.

"Oh my God! It's Jiyong!"

"You look so good!"

"How have you been?"

"That hairstyle suits you so well!"

"It's been ages."

"Are you still single?"

I hope that was a joke.

I glared at my friends who were supposed to hate Jiyong but, of course, when they saw his pretty face they all melted into smiles. He said his simple hellos to them and then shifted his gaze at me.

He stared at me and I stared at him, in silence. Everyone else stared at us, of course. I noticed he didn't look angry or psycho anymore and a sigh of relief escaped my lips. I guess it was 'Dara I love you' - time.

"I didn't expect seeing you here today" I finally broke the silence.

"Is that so?" he raised a brow. "Actually I was expecting to meet you-"

"Ha ha, sorry I didn't come meet up with you" I cut him off. Doesn't this dumba.ss understand the hints?

"You have been skipping work" a sly smile spread on his lips.

"Sorry, I'll show up tomorrow" I said through gritted teeth, trying to keep that extremely fake smile on my face.

"And why are you standing here?" Jiyong asked bluntly. My eyes widened, no!

"Shut up" I hissed at him. "Go away, shoo shoo" I tried to push him but he didn't budge.

"So you are not planning to work today either?"

I glared at him. "Shut up duck bu.tt!" I finally snapped. "Don't you get what I'm trying to do?"

"I don't know why you are trying to keep-" I covered his mouth with my hand.

"Mhhndhdh" Jiyong mumbled.

"You see he lost his mind" I grinned

Please log in to read the full chapter