Last chapter part II

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The Last Chapter: There is no what if.

Part II/III

 

 

When I died..

 

In this game Bom would never be in danger, most probably she'd be the one surviving alive out of it all, maybe the only one. All along it had been a good idea to stay around her, in the radar of easy safety. But suddenly and unexpectedly that safety faded into nothing leaving behind raw danger and fear. Well, what they have been doing up until now was super risky in the first place. “Dead?” Jiyong asked himself in shock. His hands started trembling and he had hard time calming himself down. Not that he was scared for his own life but what about the people around him like Seung Hyun and Dara, even Kang Woo, In Pyo and Dong Wook? If Taeyang was dead, then... no one would be safe anymore.

 

The thing about gambling is that....

... there is always a loser.

 

It didn't take Bom long to arrive to Jiyong's hotel room. He let her in, shower fresh and wearing only a towel around his hips. In other type of situation she would have marveled over his hot body but right now she couldn't give a damn. Without saying a word she pushed the bag with clothes into Jiyong's bare chest and walked past him deeper into the room. After following her with his eyes and seeing she took a seat at the edge of the bed, her arms crossed and her left leg resting over her right, Jiyong pulled the door close.

“Mother, I think she knows about it all.” Bom whispered, still trembling from whatever had shocked her so much.

“You don't have to tell me that.” Jiyong sounded slightly irritated. He threw the towel into a corner, not caring about the fact that Bom would see him , and started taking out the clothes she had brought him.

“We have to stop her.”

“I know.” Jiyong muttered. “Do you have any idea how did she find out or what would be her next step?”

“I know for sure she had someone following you, Taeyang, oppa and maybe others too, for a while already. Probably she has no idea about K and L because you guys don't hang out together, which was the smartest safety move from you in this game.”

”How the fck did she find out?” Jiyong wondered, running his hand trough his wet hair. Bom glanced at him and frowned.

“Would you dress up, please?”

“Sorry” Jiyong mumbled, pulling on boxer shorts, skinny jeans and a t-shirt.

“It's not like Taeyang did anything so I don't know why did she decide to go after him” Bom spoke quietly. “For the past month he has been helping a lot but still.. Father would have been the one to get rid of him. Maybe it was Bae?” Whoever it was Taeyang had enough enemies for this to happen. No one ever dared to say it out loud but his death was only a matter of time.

“What about the laptop? Did they get all of the information?”

“It wasn't in the room when I came” Bom covered with the palm of her hand and, “Blood was everywhere, everywhere”, tears appeared in her eyes as she spoke. “He didn't deserve to end up like that... I don't understand.”

“Aish” Jiyong rubbed his forehead. “This is why I told him to stay out of it. Sil Jang is gone but Bae is still around. I am sure it was him, that shibal geesekki. Somehow he must have figured everything out or – ” Jiyong paused when his eyes fell on the pink box. Suddenly a storm of thoughts passed trough his mind and his lips parted, a silent strain of curse words escaping his mouth. “For f.cks sake.” In disbelief he grabbed his forehead and closed his eyes for a fleeting moment. But the thought, that skeptical doubt which was randomly born in his consciousness, it didn't seem that impossible.

“What is it?” Bom asked. “What?”

Upon hearing her voice Jiyong spun around, deterBomtion, disbelief and defeat flashing in his eyes all at once, he spoke.“Listen. I am sure she sent someone to follow you so you leave first. Give me 3 hours and I will check if my doubt is true or not. I'll contact you later, meanwhile don't do anything suspicious. Okay?”

She was reluctant to answer or let him go and Jiyong just stood there waiting for her to speak for there was nothing else he could do or say. Finally she sighed and slowly stood up, she didn't look happy nor hopeful, only stressed and worried to death. He knew without asking, she was afraid. 

“It will be all right” Jiyong flashed a weak smile to which Bom responded but her smile was sarcastic as if there was no way for her to believe him and indeed, there wasn't.

“Yeah, you have always been a good liar.”

 

No matter what, just don't die.

 

Those were the longest hours in Jiyong's life. After Bom left he walked back and forth in the small room which seemed to suffocate him, the walls were pressing down on his impatient being. But he couldn't leave yet in fear someone might be waiting for him, to stop him, to get rid of him, to finish him off. Maybe for the first time in his life he was afraid for his own safety even thought safety of his closest friends was his first priority. But this time everything seemed a bit different, he didn't want to die, perhaps for the first time in his life totally consciously. He wanted to stay alive, to breathe. As he pressed his palm to his chest he could feel distant beats of his heart and a slight smile tugged at his lips, he would like to keep it going on, to take him into a happily ever after. Screw if he deserved it or not but he only wanted to be there where Dara was and nowhere else. Would it be possible?

 

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
—Lao-Tze

 

A weak light appeared at the end of the tunnel, he had to meet Dara and talk with her, explain himself, apologize, pursue her mother to accept himself. There were so many things to do. But first, there was a battle to fight and monsters to defeat. For, every single prince had to fight for his happy ending and so far, it has always been worth it. Cutting his trail of thoughts, finally the alarm on Jiyong's phone went off signaling it was the time to grab his sword and struggle trough a wild rose forest towards the dragon.

 

If you see the magic in a fairy tale, you can face the future. 
- Danielle Steel 
 

Black, flat smart phone vibrated on Seung Hyun's desk in his office at Paradise Kiss but the room was empty. The phone kept vibrating again and again as someone kept calling persistently. The door suddenly flew open but the one to come in was not Seung Hyun, it was someone much older. Dressed in his usual black simple suit and white collar shirt, as old school as possible, in walked Bae, followed by three men. They all threw quick looks around the room before taking a seat at the couches and like that they waited in silence, they could have waited forever. Occasionally they'd exchange certain meaningful looks and smirks, seeming satisfied by something, so utterly satisfied. Then finally the door slowly opened and they all stood up in anticipation, Bae walked in front of the desk and stopped right in the middle of the room, ready to welcome Seung Hyun in.

 

“Good afternoon.”

“Oh” Seung Hyun halted at the door, taken aback by this strange and unexpected reunion with one of his biggest enemies. “What do you want?” He asked, coming back to his senses. His eyes squinted in suspicion and he briefly shifted them at Bae's men before looking him in the eye again. Seung Hyun could feel his body grow rigid while this awfully bad feeling occupied his heart. It's not everyday that Bae came to meet him like this. 

“Your life” Bae said dead serious.

“That” Seung Hyun swallowed, failing to force himself to smile. “Might be a bit difficult.” His fingers wrapped tightly around the doorknob as his brain tried to work on some kind of plan. Suddenly Bae burst out in fake laughter, followed by his men.

“Might be a bit difficult he says?” Bae managed to say between his laughter. “During these years you haven't changed my friend. At all.”

Seung Hyun stood there in silence, concentrated, tense and angry. He was waiting for the right moment and that moment was when Bae's face became serious again. “Get him.” That's when Seung Hyun sprinted away, followed by three bloodthirsty, callous and experienced gangsters. He had absolutely no chances of escaping, none at all.

 

How many times do I have to kill you boy?

- Jafar: Alladin

 

It didn't take Jiyong long to arrive to his destination, Dara's house. Ever since his encounter with the fake pastor he had been feeling suspicious just about everything. Especially after finding out that the supposed pastor was linked to the underworld. He had a gut feeling that whatever answer he was looking for, would be waiting for him in the house. As soon as he arrived he started looking around. 

 

Every single drawer and cupboard was turned over, he even looked under the carpets, behind shelves and checked the walls, to find out that whole place was wired. He had been a fool to not notice it earlier. In agony he rushed to the second floor, first he ran past Dara's room but suddenly he halted and slowly backed so he stood in front of the opened door. His eyes fell on the wardrobe, that exact shelf on which he had found the pink box with the memories of his father. And now, that he looked at the shelf from further away he noticed something dark at the far end. Absentmindedly he rushed to pull out what he was afraid to see the most, yes. As he got his fingers on that something he felt wires... The secret stash of high quality surveillance equipment was finally discovered. For a while he just stood there staring at his findings, asking himself why didn't he do this earlier. Just why? Then he grabbed his phone and without even looking at it he pressed the speed dial, the first place had never been reserved for Dara but always for his one and only hyung, Seung Hyun. 

 

Left alone to wait, Bae noticed the vibrating phone on the desk. Slowly he made his way to see who was calling and a sly smile spread on his lips when he saw 'hyung' flash on the screen. Immediately he grabbed the phone and brought it to his ear.

“Hyung, you went over to Dara's house several times, didn't you? Check it now, your jacket, has it been bugged? Has it?”

“Tsh” Bae uttered a silent laughter. “You have always been a smart one.”

Jiyong froze when he heard the voice he detested the most in whole world.

“But it's a pity you are just a tad bit late with your discovery.” Bae sighed, a bit disappointed even. “Ani... Seriously, how come you never saw the connection? Her mother coming back all of a sudden, a pastor who would help someone for free out of his goodwill... Where have you seen something like that happen? Haven't you learned already? People like that don't exist. Goodwill? Tsham... even boss” Bae paused for a short while. “Never did anything for you just out of her goodwill.” He finally revealed the secret he had been carrying along for so many years. It was Bom's mother whom he had been working for, always.

 

Nothing made sense anymore.

 

“Shut the fu.ck up” Jiyong hissed. “Where is hyung?”

“He ran away like a coward as soon as he saw me. But, don't worry. My boys will bring him back, hopefully in one piece.”

“Aish shhi, where are you now?”

“Like I'd tell you. But certainly you know where to look for us later on. I advice you come soon, while you still have a chance to say goodbye to your bastard brother.” With that Bae hung up, utterly satisfied with himself. Finally he was able to do what he had always wanted to do, to crush these brothers, to stomp over them and get rid of their sorry lives, for once and for all.

 

Soon Seung Hyun was brought back and thrown to Bae's feet, this time bloody and bruised. Just a while ago he had looked so chick and fresh, none of that remained. Being so happy now that he finally had one of the bastar.ds at his feet Bae kicked Seung Hyun a few times and spat on him, then ordering his boys to get him up. What amazed him the most was the look in the boy's eyes, his body defeated but his spirit, invincible.

 

“Let me make a call” Seung Hyun half said half coughed, then he spat the overflowing blood out from his mouth.

“Tsh” Bae eyed him arrogantly from head to toe. “You have 30 seconds.”

“Dial up Dara” But as Seung Hyun finished saying that the phone rang.

“My my” Bae raised his brows in surprise. “What a strange coincidence.” It was Dara calling.

 

Get out of that damned house.

Get out from Seoul.

Take your mother and run.

 

“Seung Hyun, are you okay?”

“Never been better.”

 

The sunset was beautiful on that clear and warm evening. A velvet chair had been moved in front of the huge windows in the living room and Bom's mother sat there calmly, marveling over the colorful sky. Her left leg was crossed over the right and her elbow was leaning on the armrest while her cheek rested against her fist. Elegant like always, like a queen should be. 

 

She was breathing steadily while listening to the calm classical music playing on the background. She didn't look like she was waiting for anyone or anything, she just looked like an old woman who was enjoying her time. A sigh escaped her lips and a clumsy smile tugged at her lips, she finally removed here yes from the sky. “So... In the end you choose to die?” she whispered. “Sil Jang..” 

 

Then she scoffed, her relaxed face tensing a little. “You left me without anything again? You abandoned me again, you... you humiliated me like this for the millionth time. Weren't we supposed to fight until the end?” She slowly got up and walked closer to the window. “You are so sly, so cunning.” she pressed her palm against the chilly glass. “Always betraying me in the most evil ways. Yes, I was a fool to trust those kids, I was an idiot. Even my own daughter... to help someone like him? Is it because I made him look like your son? Because you were remained of her? Ha... Your useless first love, that weak woman. Even more than my Bom, you always cared for that brat and even after I got rid of him you found someone else to favor.

 

My Jiyong, you stole him like that... you polluted his young mind with useless promises, I bet. You sent him to the police school, ha” Bitter laughter escaped her lips as she spun around and leaned her back against the window.“Promising to wash his sins away. You... Why has it been so hard to catch you all these years? Why is it like this again” She lowered her face feeling slight pain in her heart, it had been so long since she had felt that strange feeling. Remorse maybe? No, sadness, loneliness, betrayal. 

 

All these years she had been running for nothing.

The end was emptier than empty could ever be.

 

Thinking back, Bom's mother sometimes looked at her ow mirror reflection and wondered how did she end up like this. It had been 40 years, or maybe even 55, since she had promised to never follow her father's steps. That's why she went to study law at the university, that's why she put everyone behind the bars, her whole family. But she didn't regret a thing, they all had nothing but caused her pain. But now, she was just the same. Strangely enough, that fact didn't enrage her at all. Something else had been driving her mad for years now and especially now...

 

“You knew, didn't you? The end was coming and that's why you... you... useless coward. To kill yourself or be killed by me, those were your only choices. You were too afraid to face the outcome because there was a possibility of you losing and your pride would never allow you to lose, right? That's why, rather than giving me the satisfaction of winning our long last battle, not even letting me spoil myself with the thought of it. You took your own life, handing the responsibility to Jiyong. How cowardly of you, Sil Jang.”

 

What's left.

Is to crush what you have left behind.

 

Bom's mother covered with the palm of her hand to hide that quiet weep. She couldn't believe she was shedding a tear, her of all people, crying. No. She quickly wiped her cheek dry and forced herself to smile. “But how am I supposed to fight him, someone I have grown to care about? You are telling me to get rid of Jiyong? You... are really good at plotting revenges, you are too good. I bet your only regret was not seeing me like this, miserable. But my weak moment won't last for too long, you just watch”

 

She turned around to face the burning sky again, to face Sil Jang. “I'm crazy admitting this but he does feel like a son to me. Still, I created him and, eventually this was supposed to happen, I will get rid of him too. You left him for me to handle so you watch carefully, I will take my anger out on him, I will let it all out. Finally.” Yet she was devastated it was not SIl Jang she got to torture. Nothing would ever make her feel better for the disappointment was too strong. She was trapped in an infinite burning hate, a living hell, a revenge she failed to deliver.

 

She had lost.

 

A knock on the door. It was the butler who arrived to announce that Bae was back with Seung Hyun. Bom's mother cleared , fixed her hair and clothes, wiped all remains of remorse and hesitation off her face and made her way out from the paradise like room. Once the door was closed and lights turned off, golden hue of setting sun spread all over, the classical music was left playing on the background. A magnificent view of lush trees, blooming flowers, flying petals and thick grass opened in front of the huge windows. It looked like another world, like a paradise, like a passage into a fairy tale. So inviting but abandoned. Like that, the deal was sealed. Instead of accepting salvation she had chosen the path of sin. After all, they say blood is thicker than water.

 

And there was that lonely velvet chair.

 

“Good job” Bom's mother smiled when she saw unconscious Seung Hyun on the floor, his clothes bloody and torn. He was lying in the corner all tied up. “Did you contact Jiyong?”

“Yes. He should be on his way” Bae responded with respect, bowing deep.

“Make sure to keep all unwanted guests out of here.”

“Yes!”

“And one more thing, where is Bom?”

“She went to her apartment.”

“Did you send K and L to make sure she stays there?”

“Yes.”

“Good, let's finish this quickly then. Ah, cham, bring me my wheelchair, I am feeling tired.”

 

Losing sense of the world and time, throwing away everything, drowning in anxiety, hurting to the core, barely able to breathe. Perhaps that's the only way to describe how Jiyong felt as he made his way towards that familiar mansion. He kept biting his lower lip until it bled and broke all possible rules of the road, unable to concentrate on anything anymore. His hands were gripping on the steering wheel so hard his knuckles turned white and he even forgot to check the meter. How fast he was driving? He didn't care.

 

Now was not the time to be afraid of the speed, it was time to be afraid of what would be waiting for him there if he was even one second late. Jiyong could still remember when he first had seen that mansion, how amazed and excited he had been, completely oblivious to what would be going on in those hidden rooms with blood stained walls. “Jal haetda [great], these rich people sure have it all. How I envy them...” Really? Then how come he had forgotten about that envy long ago? Being rich had just made him hungrier and lonelier and so very miserable. The money was taking away his close ones one by one, the sinful money he didn't want to have anymore.

 

“Jal haetda [great], those poor people who can be happy even without money. How I envy them...”

 

Running down those familiar hallways had never felt so breathtaking before. They looked alien to him all of a sudden, there was no familiar spot, as if he was seeing everything for the first time, the things he had seen million times before. Perhaps because he had never had such a feeling while walking past them, never has his heart been so anxious, worried and heavy. The closer Jiyong got to his destination the darker his eyes grew and he swore to himself that he'd surely make them all suffer. No one would be spared, no one would be let off easily. No one. Not even him, himself.

 

All heads turned towards the door when it was suddenly kicked open. Jiyong stood there, breathing heavily. When he saw Seung Hyun on the floor, that he was alive, he finally let out a deep sigh and, relieved, fell against the door frame, he coughed a few times and wiped his sweaty forehead.

 

“It took you longer than I expected” Bom's mother said coldly. “But you are finally here.”

“You” Jiyong's eyes locked with hers. “What do you want?”

She uttered a quiet chuckle. “Son, what would I want at this point?” She slowly got up from the wheelchair and walked towards Jiyong. Without another word she swung her arm and slapped him across his face. “How dare you betray me?” her voice was rigid, full of venom and disappointment. “How dare you play with me like this?”

“Play with you?” Jiyong scoffed. “And you weren't playing with us? I'm merely teaching you a lesson” Clenching his aching jaw, Jiyong raised up his arm and slapped her face as hard as she had slapped him if no harder. He had been wanting to do that for years already. There were three other men in the room and they all moved at once when they saw their mistress stumble backwards, but all she needed to do was to raise up her hand and they all froze.

“For that” She looked up while rubbing her reddened cheek. “You are going to suffer even more.”

“I can't wait” Jiyong spat the words from his mouth. “Make me suffer then.”

“Fine. Beat him up”

Jiyong cracked a sarcastic smile, running his hand trough his hair. But when he saw two men approach Seung Hyun his brows furrowed.

“Wake him up.”

A bucket of water was emptied on Seung Hyun's face and he suddenly woke up, coughing violently. Even before he could realize where he was a sharp kick was delivered to his ribs He coughed even harder, squirming from pain as one kick after another sank into his flesh.

“Stop it” Jiyong growled. He took a few steps forward but two pair of hands grabbed onto his arms and pulled him back. 

“No, you just stay there and enjoy watching. Isn't it beautiful?” Bom's mother folded her arms over her chest.

Jiyong struggled but couldn't get out from powerful hold of his enemies. His lips trembled when he saw how his brother spat out blood, how his eyes closed. Hearing him grunt from pain broke Jiyong's heart. No more. He was already used to the sounds of bones breaking, only this time he just couldn't take it. No more. 

“Stop it!” he yelled and glared at Bom's mother. “Stop it now!”

“Look at your angry face.” she grabbed Jiyong's chin and squeezed slightly. “I made you so handsome.”

Disgust spread all over his face, his eyes catching on fire.

“I guess you forgot by now” she said coldly, letting go of his face. “But Jiyong... I made you.”

Those words were left echoing in the room. She turned around and signaled to her men to stop beating Seung Hyun. “You are alive now and why do you think that is?” she spoke, her back turned at Jiyong. “I gave you a new life. A chance. I did.” she suddenly turned around. “And this is how you repay me? By going to my worst enemy and being loyal to him? By plotting behind my back and actually planning to put me behind the bars. Me... Me? The one who saved you from death? Me who gave you a second chance? Me who gave you a new life. You... What do you think you are doing now?” She yelled in rage and slapped Jiyong's face again, twice. “Answer, what are you doing?”

“I” An empty chuckle left Jiyong's bruised lips. “I...” he didn't even bother to look at her face but kept his eyes lowered. “I'm taking my revenge.”

“What?” Bom's mother scoffed in disbelief. “You what?”

“Because you were the one who ruined me. You made me like this.” he slowly raised his gaze on the level of her eyes. “Instead of making me like this you should have just let me die” he hissed, racing his voice a little, until he was shouting. “You should have just... killed me! I would have preferred to be dead instead of becoming your toy! You sadistic witch! I despise you!”

“Are you done talking?” she hissed, hitting his head once more. “Ungrateful ijasika” she growled. “Kuree, I should have just let you die.” Her eyes landed on half conscious Seung Hyun again. “Tsham” she suddenly smiled and turned to look at Jiyong again, he was glaring at her so intensely it actually gave her goosebumps. And she couldn't but regret not keeping her eyes on him more closely. He would have made a perfect successor, a perfect leader for the bloody business called crime.

“Give me your gun” she asked the man who was standing behind her and within seconds he had handed her a black pistol. “Look here Jiyong, I will give you another chance.” she paused. “Let him go” As soon as the hold around his arms loosened Jiyong shook those men away and straightened his clothes. “Here” Bom's mother handed him a gun. “Kill him” she nodded towards Seung Hyun. “Then I will forgive you.”

“Are you kidding me?” Jiyong raised a brow, without further thinking he tossed the gun at her feet. “You kill me. Here” he spread his arms wide open. “Just kill me now and here and get it all over with. Let him go and kill me.”

“Now, that wouldn't be any fun. Shouldn't you know me well enough by now? Tsk tsk.” Bom's mother clicked her tongue. “Then how about” she squatted down and lifted up the gun. “How about you kill me?” she offered the gun to Jiyong again. “Why don't you just do it?”

Jiyong placed his hands on his waist and cracked his neck

“Shiro? Then how about I kill him” the gun was pointed at Seung Hyun. His body growing rigid and jerky, Jiyong took a step forward but Bom's mother signaled him to stay put.

“One more step and I am pulling the trigger.”

“Leave him out of it.”

“Then you go on your knees, ask for forgiveness and swear me your loyalty.”

“Never.”

“Jiyong, you don't seem to get it.” Bom's mother chuckled. “I'm not going to let you go easily, my wonderful creation. One by one, I will get rid of your friends and family, one by one they will suffer, their families will suffer and anyone related to them will suffer. Until there will be no one out there you can turn to. But I will never hurt you. Because” her lips twitched as anger crossed her face. “Doesn't it hurt the most when the others are paying for your crimes? Daesung, Taeyang, now your brother and later everyone else. Even her... Dara, I will make sure she won't be spared.”

Jiyong didn't even notice himself how hard he was breathing. “If you touch even a hair on her head. I will make sure-”

 

Jafar: You've heard of the golden rule, haven't you? Whoever has the gold makes the rules

- Alladin

 

“You will make sure of what?” Bom's mother raised a brow. “What can you do? Someone like you who has nothing, no power no money. Even if you have some, it's less than mine. The best thing about this all is that, you can do absolutely nothing. Look at yourself, powerless. All these years, all the hard work, with Sil Jang's death it all vanished into thin air, didn't it?” she suddenly laughed loudly. “I only thought he held grudges against me but look at you, how he has ruined it all for you too. Jiyong, we are not all that different. There is no other place for you under the sun, there is nothing else you can do with your life, there is nowhere you can hide. Your purpose is to be here, right beside me, obediently. You are my dog Jiyong, always was always will be. Just a dog.  Now, I am giving you another chance, stop being proud and just accept it. You know it's rare for me to be this generous.”

“You should have thought about that before getting rid of Taeyang and Daesung” Jiyong hissed.

“You know me. I can make you another Daesung, even better than the old one.”

"You are crazy!” Jiyong turned his head away from Bom's mother in disbelief and disgust.

“Even though I always regarded you smart sometimes you can be stupid too. Shouldn't you have gotten rid of me while you could? Or did you get greedy? I gave you power and money, did that all blind you? I almost gave you Bom too. I almost made you into a God but you threw that all away. Why? Because you wanted your revenge? How much did you sacrifice for that, how many crimes did you commit? How many people did you loose? Just because, something as simple as killing me was not enough for you? Something as simple as killing Bae and Sil Jang, it was not enough? Jiyong dear, you have dug your own grave.”

“True. I have been way too greedy” Jiyong looked at her, smiling his ironic smile. “So I can't stop now and here. After sacrificing so much, after all those crimes, how can I stop here?” he scoffed again. “Fine kill everyone but know, the more you attack me the harder your punishment will be.”

“You are giving me permission to kill your brother?” Bom's mother smirked. Jiyong didn't say anything, just threw a nasty look at her. He didn't know what to do, his brain trying to work hard on a solution. There must be a way to save Seung Hyun but why was it so hard to find. He was growing desperate already. He threw his gaze over the blank faces of the men who had so many times bowed to him with respect.

“You guys” he whispered. “Really?”

 

No one wished to make an eye contact with him, perhaps they were all feeling guilty. For, he had also helped them out several times, getting in trouble himself. When he was still young these men were the ones who taught him everything. How many jokes did they share together, that would be impossible to count. Card games, nights spent in public saunas, getting drunk together and sleeping on the hard floor sharing that tiny blanket, patting each others backs and giving support during hard times. Now all forgotten.

 

“You are going to be like this?”

“That's called loyalty.” Bom's mother said indifferently.

“No, that's called fear.”

“This is tiring me off” she sighed and took out her phone, dialing someone and bringing it to her ear. “Did you find the whereabouts of Kim Dara?”

Jiyong's heart froze in his chest. 

“On her way in the bus? Hold on-” she passed the gun to Jiyong. “Either you get rid of him now or then I will get rid of her” she said strictly. “As you prefer.”

His hand trembling, Jiyong just stared at the woman he once even respected.

“Hurry. You don't want me to get angrier than this.”

He just stood there staring at her, as if his body had turned into a stone.

“Pull that trigger and I promise, your

Please log in to read the full chapter