42.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Did you know?"

A soft chuckle.

"You are my life and I am... your love."





A token from the past:


Dara walked hastily out from the school building. Because of her basketball club activities she had to stay a bit longer today and all her friends, including everyone else at the school, had already left. When empty the building was intimidating and eerie. Her steps and every breathe echoed from wall to wall, carrying from one hallway to another.

She was in a hurry to leave, her bag bounced against her side as she ran down the steps. Dara flipped her hair so it wouldn't get in and took out her cellphone, from that moment on her all attention was devoted to her dear little toy.

In a flashy school uniform, the highest buttons of her blouse opened and her collar bones peeking out, Dara looked older than she was. Even her sneakers were replaced by high heels, her make up already fixed and her nails, as always manicured according to the latest fashion.

Chewing a strawberry flavored bubble gum, she walked leisurely towards the school gate, planning to continue her way to the small coffee house a few blocks away where her friends were waiting for her.

"Yo! Jiyong's nuna! Look here!" Someone's hoarse voice called out.

"Jiyong's nuna!"

Unwillingly Dara looked up from her phone and wrinkled her nose when she saw who was calling her. It was a guy who's face she couldn't see because he was wearing a cap and black face mask, the one people wear when they are sick.

Under his black and stylish leather jacket he was wearing hospital pajama and on his feet, hospital slippers. Dara took her time to look at him from head to toe and realized his hand was in a cast. He didn't look even a bit familiar so she assumed it was one of Jiyong's friends.

"Hi!" His voice hit her face when he stopped in front of her, breathing heavily as if he had ran a marathon even though all he did was take a few quick steps.

"Who the hell are you?" Dara took a step back, bothered by his every gesture. He was too peppy, too energetic and came too close.

"You are prettier than I imagined."

She saw his eyes turn smaller as he smirked behind his mask.

"Get away from me." She tried to walk past him but he blocked her way.

"Awww, don't be so mean." His voice was sweet like honey.

"I'm busy" Dara frowned. "Don't bother me." She wanted to leave but he grabbed her wrist.

"Let go, yah! Go back to whatever mental institution you escaped from."

The guy sighed. "No, I don't want to. Instead, why don't you go on a date with me?"

"What?" Dara's yaw dropped. "No!" Did he just admit he escaped from a mental institution?

"Come on" The guy pulled her closer, still gripping on her wrist.

"Let go or I'll kick you!" She threatened.

"Now cute" he whispered. "Should I kidnap you?"

"St-st-stop this." She started to feel a little scared already because the guy was pretty tall and strong. "Just let me go."

"Yah! What are you doing here?"

They both turned to the direction where the voice came from, it was Jiyong and a few of his friends.

"Whoa, Dara, is this your new boyfriend?"

"How !"

"You are into mental guys now?"

"Is he sick?"

"I hope it's not contagious."

"Shut up" Jiyong hissed.

"You" His fierce eyes concentrated on the guy with the mask who suddenly seemed to shrink a lot, he even let go of Dara's hand. Immediately she took a few steps away. But instead of running away she stayed, feeling curious about the mystery guy.

"Hi!"

"Don't you hi me! Are you an idiot? Why did you run away from the hospital again?" Jiyong grabbed his friend's shoulders and shook him. "Do you want to die?"

"I just missed you" the guy said dully as he shifted his gaze away from Jiyong's face. "You never visit..."

"Aish, this... unbelievable."

"And" The guy looked up, his eyes landing on Dara, she flinched a little. "I wanted to see how your nuna looks like" his eyes glistened.

"You know him?" Dara inquired.

"Obviously" Jiyong growled.

"We will go ahead, you guys take your time" Jiyong's friends said, looking weirdly at Jiyong before walking away.

"I need to go too" Dara tried to slip away but the mystery guy grabbed her hand again.

"Awww, play with us for a while, okay?"

"Don't touch me," she slapped his hand away.

"Ya ya ya!" Jiyong glared at his sister. "Don't hit him! He is a patient!"

"Geez, don't yell at her."

Dara looked at the mystery guy with surprised look in her eyes.

"Let's go eat something"

"I'm not playing with you!" Jiyong said firmly. "I am taking you back to the hospital."

"I don't want to go yet."

"No one asked if you want or not, you are going. NOW!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Please?"

"You are going to the hospital. Right now."
 


While they were arguing Dara slowly tiptoed away but the mystery guy noticed it and dashed after her before she even could run away. He was fast like a lightning. But his eyes filled with pain and his breathing became irregular just from a small dash. With one hand he held Dara's wrist and the other clung to his heart as he coughed.

"NO!" Jiyong's eyes almost bulged out. "Don't run you idiot!"

"Caught you" The mystery guy's eyes glistened mysteriously again when he looked at Dara, this time holding her hand.

She just stared at him, speechless and a little overwhelmed by his touch. His presence was somewhat bittersweet, making her heart ache. There was something about him... something strange.

"What's your problem?" She asked quietly, feeling a little self conscious all of a sudden.

"Love at first sight" he whispered, his voice firm as if he had practiced this answer for days.

"Really."

"You crazy, man?! The doctor clearly told you not to run or even walk too much. Did you walk here? EH?"

"I took a cab."

"You liar! Look at how pale you are" Jiyong grabbed the mystery guy's face. "Look at how you are sweating. What about your hea-?"

"Shut up. I am good." Mystery guy let go of Dara's hand and pat his chest. "Like new" his voice cracked a little but his eyes kept smiling.

Jiyong shook his head in despair. "If something happens to you then. Argh" He stomped his foot against the aspahlt.

"Get on my back, I'll carry you to the hospital."

Dara's jaw dropped. "Erm, is there something you haven't told me?"

"Shut up!"

"No, I want to take Dara to eat."

"HYUNG!"

"You are older?"

The mystery guy winked at Dara. "Call me oppa."

"You idiot" Jiyong kept glaring at his mental friend. In the end he gave up and sighed. "Fine, where do you want to go eat?"

The mystery guy turned to look at Dara. She stared at him but the realized he wanted her to decide. An awkward smile spread on her lips and she lifted her hands in the midair.
 

"I would love to go but you see, I have an appointment."

His face fell and his happy crescent moon eyes turned into sad ones. Strangely enough, this puppy look worked really well and Dara felt her heart skip a beat. Even though she couldn't fully see his face, she could tell he was a cute guy. Something was telling her to obey to everything he told her to do.

"But really quick, okay?"

"You will really go?" He grabbed her wrists. "You are going to give me a chance. Thank you."

"Erm...?"

"Stop it" Jiyong smacked the mystery guy across his head. "Don't be silly."

"Yeah."

The mystery guy sighed and let go of Dara's hands, she almost didn't want that to happen. It was strange how something was pulling her into him, something very powerful. And suddenly he didn't look mental to her, not at all. Even though he was acting weird and walking around in hospital clothing. But his leather jacket looked expensive and stylish so maybe he was at least rich.

"We go eat and then you return to the hospital and promise you won't run away again!" Jiyong crossed his arms over his chest. The mystery guy nodded obediently.

"I'm serious"

The guy kept nodding.

"I'm only letting you do this once. If you ever pull a stunt like this I'll kill you with my own bare hands."

The mystery guy held a peace sing in the air, his eyes smiling happily. Dara couldn't but sigh in awe, he was kind of... adorable, like a little kid.

"Fine, let's go" Jiyong finally flashed a smile. It's been a while Dara had seen him smiling.

"Hey!" She nudged Jiyong in the ribs as they walked to a nearby noodle restaurant. The mystery guy was skipping happily in front of them. "Who is that?"

"Just a friend" Jiyong answered lazily.

"Is he sick?"

"Very."

"Here?" Dara pointed at her head. Jiyong glanced at her from the corners of his eyes and shook his head.

"Everywhere else."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't ask about him, you will never meet again."

"This is getting interesting" she smirked.

"Seriously, just ignore him."

"But" Dara glanced at the mystery guy's back. "What's wrong with him?"

"A lot of things" Jiyong sighed, a sad look lingering on his face for a very short moment but then he smiled.

"It will be all right, I promise."

"What? What?" Dara looked back and forth between the two guys. "What's going on?"

"Aren't you hungry?" The mystery guy popped in the conversation as if interrupting it was his goal.

"Not really" Jiyong answered lazily.

"Hey, what's your name?" Dara pulled the mystery guy's sleeve.

He glanced at her hand and seemed to smile by himself. Slowly he grabbed Dara's fingers in his warm hold and looked her in the eye.

"Just call me oppa" he said quietly, his voice low and husky. "Baby."

"You are creepy" she said dully while trying to get her hand free. He was such a flirt but she found it entertaining though a bit disturbing. He was too cute and uncool to be a player.

"Awww, hold my hand Jiyong's nuna" The guy tugged her closer to himself. "Walk beside me."

"Ack, don't come so close!" She pushed his face away.

"Owww!" He suddenly let go of her hand and grabbed his cheeks. "No, please, don't touch my face, I haven't completely healed yet."

"From what?"

"You see, my heart... when I saw you it caught this disease called love."

"So cheesy" Jiyong snorted. "Man, even I am not that bad."

"No, you are worse" the mystery guy joked.

"The disease went to your face?" Dara raised a brow.

"That was a good one" Jiyong laughed and held his hand up for Dara to high five.

"Assa! Parks one, the creep 0" Dara laughed too.

"You two" The mystery guy pouted behind his mask. "So mean."

"Don't worry" Jiyong pat his head. "I love you."

"Sorry, I love your nuna."

"She is not my nuna" Jiyong growled.

"But she is."

"Yeah, a stranger I have been living with for past some amount of years."

"Shut up as.shole, remember it was you who asked me out!"

"I said, don't talk about that!" Jiyong glared at Dara who just looked back at him dully.

"Bastar.d."

"Bit.ch."

"Don't argue you two" The mystery guy uttered a laughter.

"It's because you both are hungry. Come on, stop fighting and smile!"

It had been a while Jiyong broke up with Dara and since then the atmosphere between them had been cold and distant. On a peaceful autumn afternoon, that's when she realized all he ever wanted was to just break her heart.

But, she couldn't hate him because in her heart, the love hadn't broken at all. There was no explanations, no apologies, no reasoning. He just switched to another girl and that's all. As if that night... never happened between them.

In the restaurant, the mystery guy sat next to Dara, so close their sides touched. She pushed him away but slowly he kept inching closer. Not that she hated his presence, his goofy jokes and body warmth somehow comforted her a little in a strange way.

In the end she found herself laughing at him, mostly due to Jiyong's sarcastic comments, though.

He didn't eat anything, probably not wanting to take his mask off and reveal his identity. No matter how much Dara tried to talk him into taking it off and telling her his name, he cunningly changed the subject every time.

Jiyong ignored such questions too, suddenly growing quiet and distant. Most of the time he eyed the mystery guy with worried look in his eyes while eating the food he was forced to eat.

They didn't discuss anything important nor smart, in fact the discussion consisted of cheesy pick up lines, Jiyong making fun of his mysterious friend and Dara throwing in a few sarcastic comments. Yet, their hearts felt at ease and they all were able to laugh freely, even forgetting about all the teenage problems. Three of them created such a nice and comfortable atmosphere it was almost sad to part so soon.

"You are not planning to do something crazy?" Jiyong raised a brow as he watched the mystery guy get in a cab. "Go straight to the hospital, understand?"

"I know, I know" the mystery guy nodded. "Hey, Dara, how about a goodbye kiss?"

Dara just wrinkled her nose but then her face cleared. "If you take your face mask off."

He sighed in disappointment. "The sound of my heart breaking..." he mumbled.

Jiyong just rolled his eyes. "You don't need to worry, you know?"

"You will come tomorrow and bring me something yummy, right? Right? How about a cake?"

The mystery guy's eyes cleared.

"Fine, fine! I will bring you a cake."

"One filled with love?"

"You wanna die?"

"But it's so boring at the hospital and the food ."

"I'll ask her to drop by."

"No, I want you" the mystery guy insisted, like a little kid.

Jiyong just looked at him dully. "You better not try anything funny, like the last time."

"He he, of course not."

"That's so obvious."

"You better come or I'll go and run a marathon and die."

"Yeah right..." Jiyong rolled his eyes.

"I signed up for it already" The mystery guy took out some kind of paper.

"What is that?"

"Ahjussi, go go go!"

"Wait, what?! Do you want me to die?" Jiyong took a few steps after the taxi but soon it already drove off, leaving dust behind.

"YAH! You bastar.d! Stop making me worry! AISH SHI!" He grabbed his head in frustration. "I'll kill him, KILL!"

"Care to explain?"

Jiyong had already forgotten Dara was there with him.

"Please, erase what happened today from your mind, completely!"

"Who was that cute friend of yours?"

"Never, I mean it, never ask me about him."

"Who was he?"

Jiyong glared silently at Dara.

"Come on, tell me."

"Shut up, I am not talking to you."

"Wait~ Dongseng"

"Call me that once more and I'll sell you to a pimp."

"I'm so scared..."

"Go home."

"Walk me."

"With a face like that and the body of a cow, you don't need to worry."

"And you" Dara eyed him in annoyance, then she suddenly realized something. "Your " she pinched Jiyong "It's a duck ."

"You wanna die?!" He yelled angrily and a few by passing people turned to watch.

"Even if I want it doesn't change the fact you have a duck ."

"I don't" Jiyong grabbed his . "It's not!" he shrieked desperately.

"It is" Dara stuck out his tongue.

Randomly Jiyong took out a marker. "Bring your fat piggy face here" he ordered. "You are missing a few lines."

"Noooo" Dara jogged away from him.

"Come back here!" Jiyong dashed after her.

"I changed my mind, you don't need to walk me home."

"No, I will. I sure will! Come here NOW!"


They didn't even notice how the ice between them was broken just like that... And somehow they went back to being somewhat friendly to each other. Though that took a lot of time and patience, both of them... they had so very little before their paths parted again. In just a few years, 3 to be exact, their fates would take them to different directions.

But it was still a good thing that the rest of high school, it all went by very calmly without much of drama. They never went back to being exactly friendly but still, together they were happy in a simple way.

Dara kept loving him and Jiyong... still ended up falling in love. Even though, that wasn't his intention at all.


Thanks to a certain someone.


The mystery guy took in a deep breathe as he leaned back in his seat at the back of the cab. Slowly he grabbed the end of his face mask and pulled it down. It was a long scar across his chin that he had been hiding and somewhat crooked nose.

But ignoring that, it was Seung Hyun's flawless face. He bit the side of the mask while trying to keep his bitter tears in.

"Ahjussi, I need my nose to be done, right?" He asked with happy voice even though at the moment he was anything but happy.

The driver looked at him through the rear mirror. "Oh, it looks like someone has been in a fight."

"And what an unfair fight it was..." Seung Hyun sighed. Regretting everything. If only he could turn back time...

"Yah, but aren't those kind of surgeries very expensive?"

"Don't worry, I have money."

"Then... But I wouldn't let some random people cut my face. There are so many news about them being untrustworthy. What if something goes wrong?"

"Wrong?" Seung Hyun uttered a mocking chuckle. "Ahjussi, everything has gone wrong already.

So wrong it's impossible to turn out worse."

"I don't know. It's your nose, you decide."

"If only I had a chance to state my own opinion... Now, whatever I do it doesn't matter anymore" Seung Hyun whispered.

After a short silence he rolled his window open and stuck his head out. They were already far away from the place where he had parted with Jiyong and... Dara.

'He needed my help after all' he thought by himself. 'I hope, from now on it will be all right. This is all I can do.'

"Goodbye" Seung Hyun whispered, a single tear rolling down his cheek.

"Forever."

How it pained him, this parting. He felt his heart crumbling and it became hard to breathe. From now on, living on would be so hard. So hard and painful.

In the fairy tale, maybe it wasn't fairy who left? What if it was the fool? What if fairy came back but never recognized the fool because he had changed too much.

Maybe later, somewhere in the distant future they will meet again and get another chance?

Am I being too hopeful?

When one fairy tale ends, another one begins.

Isn't it so?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________

 

Who would give up on everything to have nothing?


I would.
 

 


It was a late afternoon when I came back to the orphanage after wandering on empty fields by myself, letting wind steal my thoughts and fill me with blissful emptiness. This only time I wished I was mental so I wouldn't have any worries during my whole life. When I arrived at the front yard, at the same time I saw familiar car park to the side. The door of the passenger seat opened and Daesung came out. He stretched his body and looked around, sun rays bouncing off him like sparkles. 

He is a fairy too.

"Sunshine!" I exclaimed happily and dashed towards him.

"Nuna" he chuckled, waved his hand. "It's been a while."

"I missed you!" I scooped him in a hug, he was so warm and soft. Pure comfort.

"I missed you too" Daesung pat my back. "It's boring without you around."

When I pulled away from our hug I saw Jiyong getting out from the car, filling my heart with his familiar presence. The expression on his face was bored and when he saw me his face stiffened, he almost smiled, almost.

I knew he was happy beyond words to see me, but hid it all. How typical of him. After all, he is a pretty (macho) guy who doesn't like to show his feelings... Whatever, I was happy to see him too. Only now did I realize that I actually missed him a lot during these past weeks. Even his grumpy face looked cute to me.

"So, are you happy to make us all drag our as.ses here?" he raised a brow.

"Nice to see you too" I scowled at him.

"Jiyong, I thought we agreed you will smile more" Daesung scolded.

“I forgot how ugly and annoying she was...”

“Yah!”

"Never mind him. Who cares about his sour duck anyway?" I wrapped my arm around Daesung's shoulders. "Forget about the douche. I'll go give you a tour of this place."

"Not so fast ho.e" Jiyong grabbed the back of my collar and pulled me to himself, his arms wrapping around me.

"I missed you too, fata.ss" He buried his face into my shoulder. "Don't make me worry" he whispered for only me to hear.

"Fu fu fu, so he softened up after all" Daesung teased, his eyes glinting with mischief.

"This reminds me" Jiyong pulled away from the hug. "I need the bathroom."

“What reminds you of that?”

“Your smell.”

I looked dully at him walk away, all pleased with himself for getting the last words. Sometimes he gets me speechless with his stupid comments. He thinks being an assho.le is cool I don't get why because a.ssholes are not cool.

Does he get some sort of satisfaction from being a jerk? But hey, at least he hugged me. He he, how adorable.

"So where is hyung?" Daesung asked when I turned at him.

"I don't know" I shrugged.

"Most probably in the kitchen" Daesung joked. "He is always thinking about food when he isn't 
thinking... uh... about other things" he suspiciously trailed off.

I squinted my eyes at him but he pretended not to notice and looked around acting all impressed. “Wow this place looks nice!”

“Yes, this is a nice place...”

“Should we go in?”

"Let's go look for Seung Hyun then.”

"Okay. So why did you come here in the first place?" Daesung asked casually as we started walking.

"I'm on my much deserved holiday and besides I needed to get my mind off everything."

"I understand" Daesung nodded "But why here?"

"I used to come here when I was a kid because my grandma was a nun here."

"Really"? Daesung's eyes widened.

"Yup" I nodded.

"Then, what about your mother or... I mean..." he stared at me in confusion.

"Eish" I laughed and slapped his back. "She became a nun only after my grandpa's death so it's all fine."

"I see" Daesung nodded looking somewhat relieved. "I thought she was a naughty nun" he chuckled.

I just looked at him, unimpressed with his statement. What kind of messed up life would I have if my grandma was a nun and had a kid on the side. How tragic.

"So how was your ride here?"

"It was all good until Jiyong got lost. Like seriously, turn right after the apple tree plantation, what kind of pointer is that? There are tons of apple plantations on the way" he rambled.

"Well it's been over 6 years he came here last time, I guess he has forgotten and the place has changed too." 

Daesung stared at me wide eyed.

"What?"

"Nothing" he answered too quickly.

"Is there something on my face?"

"You know that Jiyong and hyung got pretty worried when you just disappeared" he spoke slowly, giving me that weird stare. I frowned wondering why he was looking at me like I was some alien.

"Are you mad?" I asked a little hesitantly.

"No" he smiled again "I was worried too. For you to disappear like that. Now that you got involved into everything we even thought maybe Dong Wook or Bae did something to you."

"I'm sorry. I didn't expect anyone to care..." I lowered my gaze. "I know I should have called back when Jiyong left his 100th voice messages but you know, after listening to a few of them I got too annoyed to call anyone."

“I know what you mean” Daesung laughed. 

Talking about the voice mail. I listened to them all and snickered by myself because his angry outbursts were so hilarious. At some point he even started begging me to call back.

"No one would care? Don't think like that. You are our family so it's natural for us to care" Daesung rest assured. Awww, how nicely said. I pinched his cheek.

“Owww, stop it nuna” Daesung waved his hands in the air.

"By the way. Do you know this really rich man who gave up on everything he had and became a simple farmer?" 

"What?" Daesung raised his brows. "I don't think I know... Why?" He looked surprised by sudden topic change.

"We went to meet him this morning with Seung Hyun."

"You mean" Daesung's eyes widened "He took you with him?" 

"What? Why?"

Daesung looked plain shocked "So it's true? He really found him?!" he shrieked "Oh my God!"

Judging by his reaction it became self evident that Seung Hyun had other motives coming all the way to the orphanage. I knew it all along, that he couldn't have come just because he was worried or missed me. Still, I felt a sad, sharp sting in my heart. That selfish and dumb part of me really wished he would have come just because of me, even with Soo Yeon in his mind.

"Wait." I flinched. "What do you mean you don't know the old man? Did Seung Hyun lie about the business part?" But it sure was a good lie.

"What did he say?"

"The man had everything in the palm of his hand, to the point he became the God of the business world. Then he realized that there was no point in being happy if he didn't know what pain was an-"

"HA HA HA" Daesung suddenly burst out in a bright laughter, he even held his stomach. "Nuna, you impress me. Yah. what kind of sane person would give up everything to become a mere farmer?"

"Well, I found that part weird too" I frowned. "Stop laughing. Then who is that guy?"

"A businessman" Daesung took a deep breathe trying to stop himself from laughing. "A very important businessman."

"Who works on a farm?" I raised a brow.

"For a rich businessman to go work on a farm, imagine what might have made him do that" Daesung flashed a mysterious smile.

"But his story was convincing" I reasoned. "It was really convincing."

"I know what you mean, no wonder you believed. Hyung is good at telling stories." 

Then what about his story about moon being broken? Was that a mere story too? A lie? But, when he was telling me about the farmer man he sounded so sincere and he looked like he really admired the man. How could he fake something so real? And what about Soo Yeon?

Does this mean she might not be real either? Maybe like a spider Seung Hyun has weaved a web around me with his endless fairy tales and confusing actions. But for what reason would he do that? Maybe for the same reason a rich businessman gives up everything and moves to live on a farm. Holding grains instead of diamonds in a now rough hand that used to be silky. It must be such an empty feeling. 

"Nuna, you really liked the Cinderella fairy tale when you were little, right?" Daesung suddenly asked.

"How did you know?"

"Du'h! All little girls like it" he chuckled. "Remember when I told you about the prince being stupid?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Imagine if the shoe was fake?" He studied my face very carefully.

"And?"

"If you were the prince would you have stopped with a girl the fake shoe had lead you to? I am sure she could be a nice girl but something would have felt so terribly off.

Would you have ignored that feeling if you became happy with the fake girl too?"

"Of course not" I breathed out.

"Then why are you now?"

"What?"

Daesung just nodded at me "Why?"

"I really want to understand, really!" I exclaimed. "But I have no idea where you are going to with your stories." 

How was I supposed to know then that everything had been turned upside down and mixed into a sea of colors and feelings. How was I supposed to know that the fairy tale I was living was rotten, gone wrong like your funny reflection in a mirror house of your favorite theme park.

"I don't blame you" Daesung sighed. "Damn, I really can't come up with any better hints about the secret. Sorry nuna, in fact I am pretty simple too" he pouted his lips cutely.

"Eish, don't worry" I ruffled his hair "I still like you the most."

"Really?" His face lit up.

"Yup!" I nodded and suddenly something caught my attention, making my body grow rigid. "This smell" I sniffled the air.

"This" my eyes widened and forgetting about Daesung's existence I bolted towards the kitchen which was just behind the corner.

I stopped at the doorway my eyes landing on Seung Hyun and three little girl baking cookies. He was wearing pink apron and his hair was on a tiny ponytail. He explained something to the girls and they nodded, listening carefully to his every word. 

Ignoring gayness of whole situation I rushed towards the plate with cookies and quickly shoved a few in my mouth.

"Nuna, what happened?" Daesung appeared in the kitchen too "Hyung!" he exclaimed happily.

"So you came?" Seung Hyun smiled warmly and then narrowed his eyes at me "Are they that good?"

I just stared back at him, the cookies literally melting in my mouth. I couldn't utter a word, that's how shocked I was. Then I started coughing like I was about to die.

"Water, water" Daesung shouted, bolting towards the sink.

"I knew you all would be here" Jiyong stepped in the kitchen. "Whoa, are you dying or something?" he gave me a weird look "Your face is bright red, makes you look stupid."

"Shut up" I managed to squeal somehow while holding my throat. 

"Drink this" Daesung handed me a glass with water.

"I must have looked too attractive, baking with kids and all." Seung Hyun teased.

"Or too gay she got shocked" Jiyong snickered.

"Hubby, I know you love me the most when I cook."

"Wrong, that's the only time I love you..." 

"YAH!" I yelled, startling every person in the room.

"How dare you give him your secret cookie recipe when you refused to share it with me no matter how I begged. WHY?" I glared at Jiyong.

"You said you will never share it with anyone."

"There are no secrets between a wife and a husband" Jiyong raised his hands in the midair.

I spun around to glared at Seung Hyun, he looked stunned.

Probably impressed by my skills to identify Jiyong's cookies. And then Daesung did something unexpected. He scoffed, looking as unimpressed as he could. He scoffed?! His dull gaze rested on Jiyong and then slowly shifted at Seung Hyun The awkward silence was broken by Jung Woo and his pose strolling in the room.

"Yah, loser! You trying to ditch us?"

"She is hanging our with the nazi wolf again. I told you she is a traitor."

"We need to punish her."

Jung Woo glanced at Jiyong and suddenly his whole body froze. Jiyong looked at him dully.

"What?" he asked dryly.

"Hyung" Jung Woo whispered and just continued to stare.

"The hell?"

"I love you" he suddenly hugged Jiyong's leg.

"Let's be best friends. PLEASE! PLEASE!" Love at first sight...

"Yah, get off" Jiyong tried to shake him off.

"Let go before I step on you, bug" he frowned in annoyance.

"Now now, don't be so mean to a little kid" Seung Hyun teased, his eyes glinting with mischief.

"Why don't you two go and play some sorta game?"

"Yeah, you make perfect best friends" I snickered.

"Shut up" Jiyong smiled smugly "Loser."

"Dare to call me that."

"Listen boys, do you want to hear all her weaknesses?"

"Hell yeah!"

"What did I say about swearing?" Seung Hyun asked sternly.

"Sorry, sir" Jung Woo bowed with respect.. "Anyway, let's go" he grabbed Jiyong's hand trying to drag him away.

Daesung eyed

Please log in to read the full chapter